PDA

View Full Version : New Garden problem

Gutter Meat
01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Went to check in at New Garden yesterday after I sent an e mail and they said they would have a room for me. I arrived asked for a room guy told me no rooms. I told him i sent an e mail confirming a room . Again he said no rooms all filed up. I sais thanks alot guy and left.The new Garden could suck a dick.The owner needs to get his act together if hes gonna run a hotel´.

SJG
01-29-2007, 09:46 PM
This is really starting to become a problem. I hope Lorenzo gets his act together before April. It's a shame. I'd hate to see a good spot like that go bad....

LM
01-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Lorenzo definitely has a problem keeping his reservations straight. Had a bit of a problem there myself last Sept. when things were busy.

kiddfrost
01-29-2007, 09:51 PM
When I went I kept emailing every two weeks to keep it fresh in his head. He didn't fuck up my reservations. And gave me a pretty good room.

SJG
01-29-2007, 09:52 PM
When I went I kept emailing every two weeks to keep it fresh in his head. He didn't fuck up my reservations. And gave me a pretty good room.

I did the same thing last November. I eased up a little for my January trip and had no problem with my room. I'll have to send him email reminders every few weeks for April....

Gutter Meat
01-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Lorenzo definitely has a problem keeping his reservations straight. Had a bit of a problem there myself last Sept. when things were busy.
So I guess it´s not just me.I mean come on you tell me in an e mail I´m good to get and when I get there you all full ¿¿ Whats up with that ¿¿¿¿ Sorry about the upside down question mark .. Doiminican keyboard...

SJG
01-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Not just you bro, in the last week or so, a bunch of guys have been turned away. Makes me feel bad because I have highly reccomended the place to people.

RearWindow
01-29-2007, 09:59 PM
They had me checking out a day too early. Had Josephine (siiggghhh) not let me know, I would have had a problem. Fortunately I found the original email, and they made it right. But he does need to get a bit more detail oriented with the reservations. Perhaps if he would get away from his "mafioso" there, he could keep track of these things.

Gutter Meat
01-29-2007, 10:02 PM
The problem is he never really had too many people staying there before. Now with all the ISOC attention hes getting he has more rooms booked and doesn´t know how to orginize things or he just doesn´t give a shit.

LM
01-29-2007, 10:03 PM

He had me leaving a week early.....I showed him my e-mail and I got to stay, but I think it screwed someone else

Jimmydr
01-29-2007, 10:03 PM
This guy can't run a hotel, suprise suprise!

SJG
01-29-2007, 10:04 PM
This guy can't run a hotel, suprise suprise!

Jimmy, I think we need to go there and take over.

JuanElGriego
01-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Reminds of the Seinfeld episode where the rental car place was "all out" of the car he'd reserved in advance and he had to explain to them the meaning of the word "reservation".

Classic shit and evidently, very true.

Citynights
01-29-2007, 11:21 PM
guys he uses the calander on his desk....that you can see the writing is so bad..it is hard to read....had me only for 5 days instead of 12....but he got straighten out...

Jimbo44
01-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Shit, I am supposed to have a room, actually 2 rooms for 4 nights beginning 2/8. I know I will be pissed if he screws it up. Think I will make a reservation at another place just in case.

Jimbo44
01-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Come to thinik of it, I never could get more than 5 min. of hot water there anyway....

Mr Bambino
01-29-2007, 11:53 PM
FUCK!!!!!! I am arriving there on jan 31st, hope they have my room reserved. I made the reservation a few weeks ago so I hope they remember. We will see.

Mr Bambino

BCell
01-30-2007, 12:59 AM
fantasyland: Cowgirl bar = Newer Garden Hotel or Rocky's 2

RSMMAN
01-30-2007, 02:07 AM
When I make my reservation I put it in english and also translate it
into Italian so he can understand ..
http://freetranslation.paralink.com/

psriches
01-30-2007, 02:22 AM
The problem is he never really had too many people staying there before. Now with all the ISOC attention hes getting he has more rooms booked and doesn´t know how to orginize things or he just doesn´t give a shit.I think he just doesn't give a shit!

There has always been problems/complaints with reservations. His response to a reservation request is, "come on down, we have plenty of room"! But for a monger that lives over a thousand miles away, he needs more of a confirmation than "come on down....."

I think Jimmy and crew are the only ones that have no problems there. I gave up on New Garden along time ago. In fact, wasn't there a major Dominican Assistant DA that was about to get WACKED at the New Garden? Nothing like a little blood and guts poolside to go with your rice and beans!

Sounds like a nice place!!

sicpup71
01-30-2007, 07:35 AM
I think he just doesn't give a shit!

There has always been problems/complaints with reservations. His response to a reservation request is, "come on down, we have plenty of room"! But for a monger that lives over a thousand miles away, he needs more of a confirmation than "come on down....."

I think Jimmy and crew are the only ones that have no problems there. I gave up on New Garden along time ago. In fact, wasn't there a major Dominican Assistant DA that was about to get WACKED at the New Garden? Nothing like a little blood and guts poolside to go with your rice and beans!

and that why i stay at the condo(not scotts).

Jimmydr
01-30-2007, 08:01 AM
I think he just doesn't give a shit!

If you didn't realize it yet, the britest people in the world don't go to Sosua to open business and be successfull. He had a wife and most likely she ran the place before as he is great at cleaning it and planting gardens.

Hunter
01-30-2007, 09:13 AM
If you didn't realize it yet, the britest people in the world don't go to Sosua to open business and be successfull. He had a wife and most likely she ran the place before as he is great at cleaning it and planting gardens.

some of the britest people can't spell either-

Britest is spelled - brightest

sorry couldn't resist.

Jimmydr
01-30-2007, 09:29 AM
some of the britest people can't spell either-

Britest is spelled - brightest

sorry couldn't resist.

I have a dam secretary that does my spelling, FOOL!

gdogg
01-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Happened to me and Jayman as well. I got my room the next day, but I discovered an even better place in the mean time. Lorenzo put me up in Casa Cayena. That place is the bomb!! I almost didn't leave.

I don't what the deal is with Lorenzo. When I got there, my name was on his reservation sheet...and he still looked baffled. Oh well...

SJG
01-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Happened to me and Jayman as well. I got my room the next day, but I discovered an even better place in the mean time. Lorenzo put me up in Casa Cayena. That place is the bomb!! I almost didn't leave.

I don't what the deal is with Lorenzo. When I got there, my name was on his reservation sheet...and he still looked baffled. Oh well...

What are the details on Casa Cayena?

Location?
Price?
Chica Friendly?

Any info?

BCell
01-30-2007, 01:28 PM

It's like some of the hooker's mentality of scheduling, book everyone with 2 or 3 call system whoever gets there first- wins

Beads
01-30-2007, 01:32 PM
What are the details on Casa Cayena?

Location?
Price?
Chica Friendly?

Any info?

Theres tons of posts on this place if its the place called Las Canas. Out by the road between Sosua and Cabarete off the back road. They have so many different rates though and it seemed quite pricey and you WILL need transportation.

JuanElGriego
01-30-2007, 01:54 PM

If one can walk and chew gum at the same time they should be able to keep track of reservations. You don't need a frickin' PhD to do it. If he really is that dense, he should hire someone to do it for him while he tends to other things.

Jimbo44
01-30-2007, 02:26 PM
So I figured I would e mail Lorenzo last night after reading the reservation problems guys were experiencing, and look what the jerk off sends me this morning. The e mails start at the bottom of the page going upward....

Hello,
it`s no possible, I`m sorry ....

Thanks
lorenzo
Hola Lorenzo, just want to say hello again and to remind you that I am definetly going to be at your hotel on Feb 8 for 4 days with my friend. Remember we need 2 rooms downstairs near the pool, I want the one with 3 beds on the corneer if you have it again. I was told that some guys had a reservation wih you and then after they shoewed up, their were no rooms. Please do not let this happen with me.....

Hello,
it`s available for now .

Thanks
Lorenzo

Hola, once again mi amigo... Lorenzo. I was at your hotel in November, Anyway I want 2 rooms once again for me and my friend. I had the room with 3 beds, I think it was room #14, near the stairs. If you have it open for Feb 8 to 11th, I will greatly appreciate it. If not, then I will need a room on the bottom floor near the pool. Remember two, "dos" rooms. Let me know, I will await your e mail as confirmation.

Hemp
01-30-2007, 02:53 PM
he's a nice guy...but can be a bone head!!! you have to nag him with emails and calls to make sure you got no problems.

thats all... and if you get there and you still got issues, then think to yourself its the 3rd world and this is a hotel in a shady town, just chalk it up and charge it to the game.

i wouldnt be sending deposits down there though.

Kevy
01-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Theres tons of posts on this place if its the place called Las Canas. Out by the road between Sosua and Cabarete off the back road. They have so many different rates though and it seemed quite pricey and you WILL need transportation.

they are 2 seperate places. there is a thread on it somewhere. Damn it SJG do a search already, your supposed to be a tech guy.:)

Beads
01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
If your going to send a deposit use a credit card so you can force a refund.

remyman41
01-30-2007, 02:58 PM
So instead of putting keys in your hand he's leaving you holding your dick in it.

Beads
01-30-2007, 02:59 PM
I hope this doesnt keep happening. Would be a shame to lose such a good spot.

remyman41
01-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Maybe all the hoopla he recieved has been to our detriment.

Hemp
01-30-2007, 03:05 PM
who ever is in town now...should go talk to him.

but i have spent my last nights in a hotel in sosua...its villas or condos from here on out. next trip im in the scarface mansion.

i ate my own words...lol

kiddfrost
01-30-2007, 03:35 PM
HEY!!!!!! I'm in the mansion !!!!!!!!!! SMALL WORLD SMALL WORLD... WE MUST BE NEIGHBORS...:corky:

Hemp
01-30-2007, 03:36 PM
HEY!!!!!! I'm in the mansion !!!!!!!!!!

figuratively speaking frost...:)

Jimbo44
01-30-2007, 03:39 PM
I will do a villa or condo, someone enlighten me..... I now need a place to stay for my 2/8 to 2/11 trip for me and my wingman. 2 separate bedrooms...

kiddfrost
01-30-2007, 03:44 PM
figuratively speaking frost...:)

I speak in future terms my friend... The future is so close I can taste it... Speak about it and it will be so... Say it with me Hemp... Scarface mansion... SCARFACE MANSION !!!!!!!!

nomad
01-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Just thought I would add my experience. I booked three weeks in advance for 14 days over xmas and New Year. I am a regular long stay customer was there for 3 weeks in September. After my 10 hour flight I arrive and he looks at my name on the booking sheet and rubs his head and explains he forgot.

SO he rings Casa Cayene and I have to carry my bags down the road he didnt even offer to throw them in his car and take them. Casa Cayene is a better hotel and I will go there next time or Casa Valeria next time.

My only advice would be to ring him the day before you arrive to make sure hes not given your room away.

Hemp
01-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Just thought I would add my experience. I booked three weeks in advance for 14 days over xmas and New Year. I am a regular long stay customer was there for 3 weeks in September. After my 10 hour flight I arrive and he looks at my name on the booking sheet and rubs his head and explains he forgot.

SO he rings Casa Cayene and I have to carry my bags down the road he didnt even offer to throw them in his car and take them. Casa Cayene is a better hotel and I will go there next time or Casa Valeria next time.

My only advice would be to ring him the day before you arrive to make sure hes not given your room away.

ring him once a day and email him once a day...2 weeks prior to your trip.

Jimbo44
01-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Maybe he is looking for a tip up front, by telling you he does not have your room?? I really do not want to have to stay at the Europa, shit!!!

Kevy
01-30-2007, 03:57 PM
here is the link to all the info for the Casa Cayene. Another option to the Europa

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7806

Beads
01-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Sounds like another nice option. Thanks!

Jimbo44
01-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Ok, I will be sending them an e mail. Thanx..... and if anyone has info on a condo or villa, I am willing to pay a fair price for the 4 days of 2/8 - 2/11.

Kevy
01-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Ther are lots of condos, but they are probably full, it is high season. A few other guys have asked around with little success.

Cuba Libre
01-30-2007, 04:33 PM
here is the link to all the info for the Casa Cayene. Another option to the Europa

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7806It's a little pricey, but it's good to know all the options. Thanks.

guttaman
01-30-2007, 04:50 PM
I hope the people who got fucked stopped by after getting a room and told him that when you come back during low season the place you are at now will do just fine.

ilikenyacional
01-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Other options, all on DR Rosen street:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/ilikenacional/cv.jpg

There is also the Waterfront hotel at the end of the street.

Or contact Marco, he manages several condos.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/ilikenacional/rc.jpg

Beads
01-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Be careful of the rules of these places. A lot of places in town are not as chica friendly as the typical ones we normally stay at. Make sure you are aware of the hotel rules and policies before booking a room in one of these places and finding out you need another room to bang chicas. Also a lot of them wont allow multiple chicas back in your room at the same time. Some only allow you to check in with a chica.

Check hotel policies up front!

kiddfrost
01-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Be careful of the rules of these places. A lot of places in town are not as chica friendly as the typical ones we normally stay at. Make sure you are aware of the hotel rules and policies before booking a room in one of these places and finding out you need another room to bang chicas. Also a lot of them wont allow multiple chicas back in your room at the same time. Some only allow you to check in with a chica.
Check hotel policies up front!

What type of hotels is this???

Beads
01-30-2007, 06:58 PM
What type of hotels is this???

There are a lot of non monger friendly motels in town so be aware before check in. Some are more geared towards couples and families and wont tolerate you bringing in chicas AT ALL.

ilikenyacional
01-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Casa Valeria and Waterfront were guest friendly when I stayed there. Just ask to be sure.

However, they are not "party place" like the New Garden or Palace.

Beads
01-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Casa Valeria and Waterfront were guest friendly when I stayed there. Just ask to be sure.

However, they are not "party place" like the New Garden or Palace.

I wouldnt even mind a hotel you couldnt party late night in if the bars were open all night like before. This curfew only forces someone like myself to head back to the hotel to continue drinking.

The parties not over for the night until Im done drinking!

kiddfrost
01-30-2007, 07:17 PM
New Garden or The Villas for me... It don't matter who does what because as long as these two places dont fuck with my fuckin we cool as the other side of the pillow.

ilikenyacional
01-30-2007, 07:18 PM
I wouldnt even mind a hotel you couldnt party late night in if the bars were open all night like before. This curfew only forces someone like myself to head back to the hotel to continue drinking.

Well, have you ever thought that some of us don't party at our hotel/condo ?

It was just some suggestions...

Beads
01-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Times change so we should be looking at all our options and have a contingency plan. Maybe one of the other hotels in town that needs extra business will let us use their hotel as an alternate location.

Im sure theres a few hotels in town that would like some extra customers year round.

Beads
01-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Well, have you ever thought that some of us didn't party at our hotel/condo ?

It was just some suggestions...

Thing is I usually travel with a bunch of people. Partying with 2 or 3 people isnt a big deal and volume levels can be low. Volume levels seem to increase as you have more people.

I would be willing to try anyplace thats reasonable, chica friendly, and you can have a small late night party poolside at.

Jimmydr
01-30-2007, 07:23 PM
I stayed in the New garden 22 out of 24 hours my last three days. Maybe 15 chicas came by each day on top of the 3 we had with us. One day I had 5 chicas. Willie cooked lunch and dinner for us. No reason to leave.

Hemp
01-30-2007, 07:23 PM

fuckers like you are so lucky :mad: i cant handle substances at all!!! if i have more than 2 rum and cokes i will get sick...kid frost has rum and cokes all afternoon and all night and never loses composure :confused:

if i have more than 3 presidente's :wasted: :puke:

i drink 1 beer every hour or so...

Beads
01-30-2007, 07:25 PM
fuckers like you are so lucky :mad: i cant handle substances at all!!! if i have more than 2 rum and cokes i will get sick...kid frost has rum and cokes all afternoon and all night and never loses composure :confused:

I pace myself as well especially during the day. If I drink too much during the day ill be sleeping by 8pm.

chlen
01-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Sorry for a possible stupid quiestion but I missed that point somewhere. What happened to the famous "Palace"? And if this guy sucks with reservations why not to give him:icontd: and teach him an economy lesson, why you all still want to stay there?

kiddfrost
01-30-2007, 07:33 PM

Rum & Coke to me is like spinach to Popeye... I gives me that extra Umph. Some people can drink some can't... Sorry Hemp You just can't... Make sure when we get back you get that liquid Dominican Viagra we drank at the club... That should keep you going...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SJG
01-30-2007, 08:20 PM
I stayed in the New garden 22 out of 24 hours my last three days. Maybe 15 chicas came by each day on top of the 3 we had with us. One day I had 5 chicas. Willie cooked lunch and dinner for us. No reason to leave.

That was a really great trip in November. I hope we can do that again in April. And I've already got the vacation approved for next Thanksgiving too.....

Gutter Meat
01-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Lerenzo was here in club 59 last night big smile on face.

BCell
01-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Sorry for a possible stupid quiestion but I missed that point somewhere. What happened to the famous "Palace"? And if this guy sucks with reservations why not to give him:icontd: and teach him an economy lesson, why you all still want to stay there?

The location is prime and it is a cool place, nobodies going to take second if they can have first...I'd still go back

RearWindow
01-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Great. Tell him we are pissed at his lack of attention to reservations.
I really don't care where I stay to a point..I have lived in Boca Chica with avatar in her place which was decrepit to be charitable. I only need a clean, safe room to sleep , shower in hot water, and fuck. Nothing more.

Next trip I might stay with a chica in her barrio. Great for me..I love the aventura.

BCell
01-30-2007, 11:03 PM

sounds like a money grin:corky:

RSMMAN
01-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Mabey Lorenzo can buy the hotel for sale across the street form the New Garden ?????

BCell
01-31-2007, 12:16 AM
Mabey Lorenzo can buy the hotel for sale across the street form the New Garden ?????

he says he was going to expand on the empty lot (by the pool), but who knows

Jimmydr
01-31-2007, 07:33 AM

He plans on building 20 more rooms.

Kevy
01-31-2007, 11:48 AM
He plans on building 20 more rooms.

He can't keep reservations, but he can get an addition built. That I have to see.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hemp
01-31-2007, 12:13 PM
He can't keep reservations, but he can get an addition built. That I have to see.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

in his situation thats quite a quagmire!!!

agua chico
01-31-2007, 12:31 PM

I think Jimmy is on the take

Hemp
01-31-2007, 12:40 PM

i thought i was the only one thinking that...:p

SJG
01-31-2007, 12:52 PM

i thought i was the only one thinking that...:p

It's funny how many times I see this. And it's almost always from guys that have never hung out with Jimmy. I've been to the DR three times with Jimmy and hung with him several times in the US and never once have I seen him not pay for something. The cool thing is, he usually negotiates group rates and discounts that benefit all of us. :confused:

I know that there a few assholes out there that will mistake truth and loyalty for ass-kissing, so I'd like to offer a pre-emtive FUCK YOU! :2up:

I was at the Garden the time Jimmy was talking about, the only time we left the hotel was to go for breakfast, coffee, or ice cream. We had a rather excellent time. It's a shame that some guys are having a problem with their room at the Garden, but that doesn't negate the great times we've had there in the past. Maybe I'll have the same problem for my trip in April. If so, I'll certianly talk about it. But, I suspect April will be another great time and a clasic trip. :mrgreen:

Hemp
01-31-2007, 12:56 PM
um, ok...i was joking
and i have hung with jimmy before!!! when the ISOC is out he takes care of everything for us.

agua chico
01-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Calm the fuck down, I am sure even Jimmy knew I was joking. I don't need some repressed mind giving me a lecture on Jimmy's acheivement. If I had something against him I wouldn't have paid to join his board, so spare the FUCK out of me and take your nut hugging ass out of my face.

SJG
01-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Calm the fuck down, I am sure even Jimmy knew I was joking. I don't need some repressed mind giving me a lecture on Jimmy's acheivement. If I had something against him I wouldn't have paid to join his board, so spare the FUCK out of me and take your nut hugging ass out of my face.

See, that is why a preemptive fuck you is needed. I'm just tired of hearing assholes like you spout over and over about how Jimmy gets this and Jimmy gets that, even if you are "joking". You mostly just don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

It's cool that you paid to see the paid members section though.

Beads
01-31-2007, 01:44 PM

Ill try to be optimistic and hope it happens eventually. I like the place myself.

Good time to steer this thread back into its original direction somehow.

:evilgrin:

agua chico
01-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Again until Jimmy makes you his PR secretary carry your nut hugging far away from me buddy. You just exposed your intelligence quotient by not being able to analogize things properly. How the fuck do you connect my cracking on Jimmy with approval of racist jokes and religious jokes. Look at my history of post and it is you'll see that I abhor such jokes.

Anyway I will not argue with a non equal, till you can improve your deductive reasoning skills.

Yes, I paid $8 to join initially before I went to the DR, $8 is nothing to me unlike you

SJG
01-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Again until Jimmy makes you his PR secretary carry your nut hugging far away from me buddy. You just exposed your intelligence quotient by not being able to analogize things properly. How the fuck do you connect my cracking on Jimmy with approval of racist jokes and religious jokes. Look at my history of post and it is you'll see that I abhor such jokes.

Anyway I will not argue with a non equal, till you can improve your deductive reasoning skills.

That I agree with and I edited that out. I was just pissed. Like I said, I've had many guys make those kind of comments to me and I'm just tired of hearing it. So you where joking, OK, lets move on.

agua chico
01-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Cool, we'll remain friends.

Jimmydr
01-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Are we done here?

agua chico
01-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Welcome to one hour ago Jimmy :)

Jimmydr
01-31-2007, 04:03 PM
Welcome to one hour ago Jimmy :)

Well excuse me for working. haha:eek:

agua chico
01-31-2007, 04:17 PM
Did you hear that they were building the pyramids in some country called Egypt too :)

Gutter Meat
01-31-2007, 04:23 PM
NEW GARDEN "SUCK A DICK" !!!

kiddfrost
01-31-2007, 06:24 PM
NEW GARDEN "SUCK A DICK" !!!

Damn Sir, and what is your problem with New Garden.

Beads
01-31-2007, 06:43 PM
I guess they lost his reservation.

kiddfrost
01-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Oh!!!!! Isn't why this thread was started to see if this was a reacurring problem. I guess I called and email Lorenzo to much to get that problem.

RSMMAN
02-01-2007, 09:29 PM
http://www.sosuavacationrentals.com/

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php

ROVER
02-01-2007, 10:32 PM
If your going to send a deposit use a credit card so you can force a refund.

Just to chime in here. I was down in January at the New Garden and when me and my wingman arrived they looked at their reservation list very puzzled for liked 5 minutes and then we got our rooms.

The location is great and the place is clean.

The hot water sucks and lasts for only 5 minutes.

When we booked out and paid our bill, I paid in cash and my wingman paid on his credit card and I noticed he was paying more than me. when I questioned this they said that on a credit card they only give 30 pesos/dollar as the credit card company takes a charge from them so this is how they make it up. The going rate at the banks were btwn 33 & 34 pesos at the time. This shit really pissed me off and I lent my buddy the money and took it off the card.

BEWARE OF THIS NEW GARDEN SCAM NOW ALSO

I stay at Aloha Sol in the heart of Santiago which is a much nicer place for $57 U.S. per night and they throw in breakfast and the safe in room. New Garden with the safe comes out to $55. I think he is overpriced and have started looking around at other places for my next trip.

BCell
02-02-2007, 02:26 AM
sometimes places charge more for credit cards because the processing company takes a cut (co. I use takes 1.49% +.17 per transaction + $3/mth fee- not to mention the papertrail this creates)..I do the same thing he does...but I hear you, when I'm on the purchasing end why use a credit card if it costs more....btw, you paid $57= $55 per night plus $2 for safebox? Hope you soiled a lot of sheets and got your monies worth

Gutter Meat
02-02-2007, 02:58 AM
What's this ?? More New Garden problems ???

Rocky
02-02-2007, 06:18 AM
When we booked out and paid our bill, I paid in cash and my wingman paid on his credit card and I noticed he was paying more than me. when I questioned this they said that on a credit card they only give 30 pesos/dollar as the credit card company takes a charge from them so this is how they make it up. The going rate at the banks were btwn 33 & 34 pesos at the time. The reason they do it that way, is that it's illegal (they would lose their account) to tack on the percentage they lose from the credit card company, (could be 5%) so they play the game on the exchange rate.
I'm not justifying nor condoning it, just explaining why.

Rocky
02-02-2007, 06:47 AM
If I may, this is my assesment of the situation.
Lorenzo, when operating the hotel as Garten Keti, probably had his wife taking care of the reservations, and surely was nowhere near as busy as he is now, as the hotel was not exactly guest friendly in those days, not to mention that people complained that they were always arguing, and the ambience was not as enjoyable as it is now.
Now that he operates it himself, without the wife/ex-wife, he is being overwhelmed by all the reservation requests, and he just hasn't adapted to being that busy.
Surely, someone from ISOC, could sit down and talk to him, or even help him with a computer based reservation program, so as to resolve the problem of over booking.
Let's face it, this hotel is ideal for ISOC members.
It has everything you guys need, and a great location.
It seems to me that it would be worth someone from ISOC who's good with this type of thing, to help the dude out.
It's not that complicated, and would be worth it for all concerned.

Kevy
02-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Just to chime in here. I was down in January at the New Garden and when me and my wingman arrived they looked at their reservation list very puzzled for liked 5 minutes and then we got our rooms.

The location is great and the place is clean.

The hot water sucks and lasts for only 5 minutes.

When we booked out and paid our bill, I paid in cash and my wingman paid on his credit card and I noticed he was paying more than me. when I questioned this they said that on a credit card they only give 30 pesos/dollar as the credit card company takes a charge from them so this is how they make it up. The going rate at the banks were btwn 33 & 34 pesos at the time. This shit really pissed me off and I lent my buddy the money and took it off the card.

BEWARE OF THIS NEW GARDEN SCAM NOW ALSO

I stay at Aloha Sol in the heart of Santiago which is a much nicer place for $57 U.S. per night and they throw in breakfast and the safe in room. New Garden with the safe comes out to $55. I think he is overpriced and have started looking around at other places for my next trip.

The reason they do it that way, is that it's illegal (they would lose their account) to tack on the percentage they lose from the credit card company, (could be 5%) so they play the game on the exchange rate.
I'm not justifying nor condoning it, just explaining why.

The credit card thing happens everywhere. When I stayed at Europa, they did the same. I understand BB also adds a surcharge for using you card.

Rocky
02-02-2007, 07:10 AM
The credit card thing happens everywhere. When I stayed at Europa, they did the same. I understand BB also adds a surcharge for using you card.When I first moved here, American Express, was charging 7% for each transaction.
That's a pretty big hit for the vendor.

Jimmydr
02-02-2007, 07:27 AM
If I may, this is my assesment of the situation.
Lorenzo, when operating the hotel as Garten Keti, probably had his wife taking care of the reservations, and surely was nowhere near as busy as he is now, as the hotel was not exactly guest friendly in those days, not to mention that people complained that they were always arguing, and the ambience was not as enjoyable as it is now.
Now that he operates it himself, without the wife/ex-wife, he is being overwhelmed by all the reservation requests, and he just hasn't adapted to being that busy.
Surely, someone from ISOC, could sit down and talk to him, or even help him with a computer based reservation program, so as to resolve the problem of over booking.
Let's face it, this hotel is ideal for ISOC members.
It has everything you guys need, and a great location.
It seems to me that it would be worth someone from ISOC who's good with this type of thing, to help the dude out.
It's not that complicated, and would be worth it for all concerned.

I sat down and set up an excel sheet for him. Does he need a follow up?

Vincent Vega
02-02-2007, 08:01 AM
T minus 13 to Sosua. Have a condo lined up, but may dump it and check out new garden. Can't find the contact info anywhere. How do you get a hold of Lorenzo? Thanks.

Rocky
02-02-2007, 08:05 AM
I sat down and set up an excel sheet for him. Does he need a follow up?Apparently he does.

Rocky
02-02-2007, 08:06 AM
T minus 13 to Sosua. Have a condo lined up, but may dump it and check out new garden. Can't find the contact info anywhere. How do you get a hold of Lorenzo? Thanks.http://www.newgardenhotel.net/eng/default.htm

Jimmydr
02-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Apparently he does.

Well I am 11 weeks away from a brush up.

SJG
02-02-2007, 08:15 AM
I sat down and set up an excel sheet for him. Does he need a follow up?

You may have given him a spreadsheet, but he was still working off the paper calendar on his desk when Maximus placed your April reservations. And since he had not yet drawn up April, your reservations got written in the margin....

I'm not sure a spreadsheet is going to be easy enough for him to use. I'll look into some calendar and scheduling programs...

Rocky
02-02-2007, 08:25 AM
You may have given him a spreadsheet, but he was still working off the paper calendar on his desk when Maximus placed your April reservations. And since he had not yet drawn up April, your reservations got written in the margin....

I'm not sure a spreadsheet is going to be easy enough for him to use. I'll look into some calendar and scheduling programs...I agree.
Some K.I.S.S. system that he finds easy enough to follow, so he'll want to do it.

Beads
02-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Ive been looking into as well. I found and old version of one so far. A real scheduling program and has his room numbers entered and forces him to assign you a room number and enter your name right away would be best.

Beads
02-02-2007, 11:04 AM
So far knock on wood ive had no problems there. Lorenzo is a great guy and the staff there is also very nice.

Rocky
02-02-2007, 11:20 AM
So far knock on wood ive had no problems there. Lorenzo is a great guy and the staff there is also very nice.I think that is the general concensus, and it can't hurt to lend the guy a helping hand.

Jimmydr
02-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Maybe someone should let him read this so he knows what he has to loose here.

Rocky
02-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Maybe someone should let him read this so he knows what he has to loose here.He might feel offended, if he thinks people are abasing him.
Bear in mind that English is not his first language, and he might not understand that our posts are well intentioned.

Jimmydr
02-02-2007, 12:29 PM
He might feel offended, if he thinks people are abasing him.
Bear in mind that English is not his first language, and he might not understand that our posts are well intentioned.

He speaks better English then 50% of the New Yorkers living in New York.

Rocky
02-02-2007, 12:41 PM
He speaks better English then 50% of the New Yorkers living in New York.But you get my drift, I'm sure.
I would like to think that if Rocky's was doing something that was screwing up the ISOC members, that someone would approach me in private, and offer to help me resolve the problem.

Magnum
02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
He speaks better English then 50% of the New Yorkers living in New York.

Wud da fuk r yuz tawkin aboud?

Jimmydr
02-02-2007, 01:16 PM
But you get my drift, I'm sure.
I would like to think that if Rocky's was doing something that was screwing up the ISOC members, that someone would approach me in private, and offer to help me resolve the problem.

Thats funny, like that would work.:eek:

Cuba Libre
02-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure if Lorenzo's problem with the reservations is one of losing or not writing down the reservation. I think it's one of overbooking.

I think hotels that don't require a credit card (or a down payment) to hold reservations have a higher percentage of no-shows and last minute cancellations than those that do require a credit card.

It's possible that Lorenzo overbooks with the anticipation that he will have a certain amount of no-shows.

MrHappy
02-02-2007, 03:01 PM
I think someone needs to make up a reservations sheet in EXCEL, but print it out, so he can make notes on it (in Pencil). He didn't strike me as being a computer proficient person.

A simple sheet with rooms down the side, and dates across the top from left to right. Keeps it simple and stupid. It wouldn't even need months, just numbers from 1 to 31 across the top.(that may be a problem for him)

I'm not sure he overbooks, I think he gets confused.

I have called to make reservation, been told yes, send a FAX to confirm, and get a FAX back saying there's no rooms, then another FAX telling me I have a reservation, then when I get there, I don't have a room. Does that sound like he's confused to you?

And yes, I have yet to find a place that does not add on the extra percentage for credit cards.

Most places I've seen simply say, "I have to charge more, because the credit card company charges me" or they'll tell me they'll give me a discount if I pay cash.

If it were me, I would charge 5% more for all the rooms, and when I get paid cash, put the extra 2 or 3 bucks in my pocket. I mean Christ, I'm in business to make money, right? It would certainly make things a little more coherent for everyone else. And there wouldn't be anymore of this, "I gotta charge you more" crap. Does that make sense to anyone besides me?

The deal with blaming it on the exchange rate only happens in tourist towns like Sosua.

Rocky
02-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I think someone needs to make up a reservations sheet in EXCEL, but print it out, so he can make notes on it (in Pencil). He didn't strike me as being a computer proficient person.

A simple sheet with rooms down the side, and dates across the top from left to right. Keeps it simple and stupid. It wouldn't even need months, just numbers from 1 to 31 across the top.(that may be a problem for him)

I have called to make reservation, been told yes, send a FAX to confirm, and get a FAX back saying there's no rooms, then another FAX telling me I have a reservation, then when I get there, I don't have a room. Does that sound like he's confused to you?

And yes, I have yet to find a place that does not add on the extra percentage for credit cards.

Most places I've seen simply say, "I have to charge more, because the credit card company charges me" or they'll tell me they'll give me a discount if I pay cash.

If it were me, I would charge 5% more for all the rooms, and when I get paid cash, put the extra 2 or 3 bucks in my pocket. I mean Christ, I'm in business to make money, right? It would certainly make things a little more coherent for everyone else. And there wouldn't be anymore of this, "I gotta charge you more" crap. Does that make sense to anyone besides me?

The deal with blaming it on the exchange rate only happens in tourist towns like Sosua.You make some great points, but the problem with doing it that way, is that you might lose some clientel for showing a higher base price.
The truth of the matter is that the credit card companies rape DR vendors, from what I can tell.
I believe they charge us a much higher rate than elsewhere.
As for the reservations, I agree.
I don't think he is overbooking.
I really believe that his ex used to handle it, and it's simply not his forte.
Everybody seems to agree that he's a great guy, and y'all like the place, so that's why I think it's worth someone helping him out.

Don Tomas
02-02-2007, 03:19 PM

Actually a VERY simple idea would be to print out months for him using Outlook and have each room occupy a time slot 8-9am = Rm.1, 9-10am = Rm.2, etc. Then he just fills in the name of the person for the appropriate dates and room #.

When he has no more time slots, then he will have no more rooms!

K.I.S.S.

Hemp
02-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Actually a VERY simple idea would be to print out months for him using Outlook and have each room occupy a time slot 8-9am = Rm.1, 9-10am = Rm.2, etc. Then he just fills in the name of the person for the appropriate dates and room #.

When he has no more time slots, then he will have no more rooms!

K.I.S.S.

good idea...i would go with outlook.

excel might get complicated for him, i know it does for me at times.

Beads
02-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I dont know if hes computer savvy or not. If he isnt then any computer based solution might not work for him. I did see the pencilled in system in place in December so possibly thats what he feels works best for him.

psriches
02-02-2007, 07:34 PM
But all we ask is that he answer an email and keep the reservation. A simple Yahoo account and a calendar will do.

ROVER
02-02-2007, 07:49 PM

The deal with blaming it on the exchange rate only happens in tourist towns like Sosua.

Hey the price is the price "period" ! If he factors it in like you recommended then fine...its the price we agreed upon....but believe me after a week in the D.R. I start getting a little fet up why everything from a taxi to a hotel seems to wind up in a disagreement when it comes time to pay "THE AGREED UPON PRICE" Aloha Sol or any other reputable establishment doesn't try to "sneak" this shit in without even telling you.

Sorry...Just sick of the "Dominican Shuffle"

guttaman
02-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Hay the price is the price "period" ! If he factors it in like you recommended then fine...its the price we agreed upon....but believe me after a week in the D.R. I start getting a little fet up why everything from a taxi to a hotel seems to wind up in a disagreement when it comes time to pay "THE AGREED UPON PRICE" Aloha Sol or any other reputable establishment doesn't try to "sneak" this shit in without even telling you.

Rover, chill. The Dr is cash and carry. The hustle is part of the game. Speak shitty spanish and it cost you more. Shit, i am a lilly white gringo who speaks spanglish with a Boston accent. Talk about Dominicans trying to hustle this gringo grande. The DR is a whole different animal. Kick back, talk to the expats hanging around that want nothing more than a beer and soak in their knowledge. Amazing what you can learn.

Beads
02-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Hay the price is the price "period" ! If he factors it in like you recommended then fine...its the price we agreed upon....but believe me after a week in the D.R. I start getting a little fet up why everything from a taxi to a hotel seems to wind up in a disagreement when it comes time to pay "THE AGREED UPON PRICE" Aloha Sol or any other reputable establishment doesn't try to "sneak" this shit in without even telling you.

You have to love how the price before isnt the same at time of payment or theirs some hidden fees.When conducting a cash transaction only pay the agreed upon price and just walk away.In cases of credit cards you have to expect it to be more expensive for hotels and restaurants. I understand as far as hotels and restaurants etc go if your paying with a credit card they have to claim it and pay the taxes and the credit card fee. You cant expect the person renting you the room or serving the food to lose like 15+% because you want to use a credit card. Thats just how the taxes work down there. Its not the same tax rates and credit card rates as were used to seeing in the states.Next time pay in cash and stay away from places that charge tax if you dont want to pay it.

Maybe someone on the board who owns an establishment or knows the real rates can provide some insight to the actual taxes+credit card fees as an example an establishment loses if they dont charge tax and a small fee for credit card users so people will understand why its better to pay in pesos.

ROVER
02-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Rover, chill. The Dr is cash and carry. The hustle is part of the game. Speak shitty spanish and it cost you more. Shit, i am a lilly white gringo who speaks spanglish with a Boston accent. Talk about Dominicans trying to hustle this gringo grande. The DR is a whole different animal. Kick back, talk to the expats hanging around that want nothing more than a beer and soak in their knowledge. Amazing what you can learn.

Sorry but been to the D.R. probably 10 times now and can hold my own speaking Spanish so I'll drink the beer myself and pass on the expat wisdom. Just making a statement/observation

guttaman
02-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Buy me a beer and i will explain how it works. I researched this shit to death for Lou and the end product was FORGETABOUTIT. Between DR banks and credit card charges it is a fucking cluster fuck. Everyone wants a percentage of the transaction. In the end it runs about 10% of the tranaction price before the merchant gets his money. With Paypal it would be 2.9% plus a 30 cent transaction fee.

guttaman
02-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Sorry but been to the D.R. probably 10 times now and can hold my own speaking Spanish so I'll drink the beer myself and pass on the expat wisdom. Just making a statement/observation

Cool Rover. Ignorance is bliss.

ROVER
02-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Fully aware of the charges involved for the vendor when making credit card transactions. IT IS THE SAME IN THE U.S.

As for infering that "someone else" is ignorant all that I can say is that if this was someone besides yourself making that statement we all know you would move that post to another forum....wouldn't you ??

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know." (Montaigne)

guttaman
02-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Negative. Your opinion as well as mine is valid. If you feel attacked then PM a moderator and address your thoughts. I feel i did not charactor assinate but only stated that you are looking at this with blinders on.

the_Jayman
02-02-2007, 08:48 PM
FUCK LORENZO AND THE NEW GARDEN ! !

Trick me once . . shame on you . . .

The best part was gdogg got fucked on saturday . . . I was laughin my ass offf ! !

misery loves company ! ! !

SJG
02-02-2007, 09:02 PM
I think the point has been discussed to death and now this thread needs to ride off into the sunset.....

guttaman
02-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I think the point has been discussed to death and now this thread needs to ride off into the sunset.....

Hell no, this is the longest a thread has stayed on topic for a long time.

the_Jayman
02-02-2007, 10:25 PM

FUCK YOU ! ! ! I JUST GOT HERE ! ! !

Gutter Meat
02-02-2007, 11:31 PM
What gets me is that I did stay at the New Garden in about 2 months ago (low season) did the e mail no problem. So I thought I'd do the same thing this trip and i was told I would have a room via E-mail. I showed Lorenzo the E mail and he looked at me and said no more rooms.

Gutter Meat
02-02-2007, 11:32 PM
I wonder if Lorenzo has gotten word of this thread yet ??

RearWindow
02-02-2007, 11:38 PM
I wonder if Lorenzo has gotten word of this thread yet ??
I would imagine that he has. If he does anything about it will be the acid test.
I have not received a response from them about my April trip, but he does have chicas working the desk, soooo....it might take them a while to notice my rez request. It didn't have any bright, shiny objects or pesos attached to it..

SJG
02-03-2007, 08:31 AM
I put in my April reservation request at about 2PM, I got back confirmation email about 6PM the same day. I also translated the whole thing into Italian.....

I use this address: hotel.garden@verizon.net.do (hotel.garden@verizon.net.do)

Jimmydr
02-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I put in my April reservation request at about 2PM, I got back confirmation email about 6PM the same day. I also translated the whole thing into Italian.....

I use this address: hotel.garden@verizon.net.do (hotel.garden@verizon.net.do)

Are we covered as well?

SJG
02-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Are we covered as well?

You are written in the margin on his desk blotter.... LOL. I'll send him another email.

SJG
02-03-2007, 12:10 PM
You are written in the margin on his desk blotter.... LOL. I'll send him another email.

Response back from Lorenzo within 3 hours:

3 reservations confirmed. I also expressed our preference for first floor rooms. I'll follow up with a reminder email 2 weeks before we leave.

Gutter Meat
02-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Response back from Lorenzo within 3 hours:

3 reservations confirmed. I also expressed our preference for first floor rooms. I'll follow up with a reminder email 2 weeks before we leave.

GOOD LUCK !!!!!

Jimmydr
02-03-2007, 02:25 PM
GOOD LUCK !!!!!

Its not about being overbooked by 1, cause all three of us will leave and go elsewhere.

slim13
02-06-2007, 03:52 AM
I guess I'm the latest victim. I booked in December and E-mailed Lorezo Friday to re-confirm. He replied today that there where no rooms available. Not sure what I'm gonna do now. I've got some E-Mails out to Marco and a couple other hotels to see if I can get a room.

I Leave tommorow, so hopefully I'm not sleeping on the beach! Don't really want to stay at Europa, but if need be do they take walk ins? Anyone have any suggestions?

Mags
02-06-2007, 04:07 AM
I guess I'm the latest victim. I booked in December and E-mailed Lorezo Friday to re-confirm. He replied today that there where no rooms available. Not sure what I'm gonna do now. I've got some E-Mails out to Marco and a couple other hotels to see if I can get a room.

I Leave tommorow, so hopefully I'm not sleeping on the beach! Don't really want to stay at Europa, but if need be do they take walk ins? Anyone have any suggestions?

Club Residential , next to the Europa
Casa Cayena , towards the Waterfront Rest.
Casa Valeria, Next to New Garden

Most condos required transportation

Rocky
02-06-2007, 06:40 AM
Club Residential , next to the Europa
Casa Cayena , towards the Waterfront Rest.
Casa Valeria, Next to New GardenExcellent suggestions.

ROVER
02-06-2007, 07:26 AM

AND THE BEAT GOES ON !!

sicpup71
02-06-2007, 08:19 AM

http://www.sosuaproperty.info/el_neptuno.htm

Hemp
02-06-2007, 09:15 AM

another one bites the dust...

Jimmydr
02-06-2007, 09:27 AM
How to loose 100's of customers in one month, by Lorenzo.

Magnum
02-06-2007, 09:54 AM
If all else fails....try the Romanoff......down the block from Super Super.....plenty of info on that place on this site........

Magnum
02-06-2007, 09:56 AM
How to loose 100's of customers in one month, by Lorenzo.

Too much too soon for him to handle?

What is the saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth?

Jimmydr
02-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Too much too soon for him to handle?

What is the saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth?

I guess he is unsure how a book with dates and, lines and boxes work.

Beads
02-06-2007, 10:39 AM
I think it will be easier to get a room on the spot there if this keeps up.

Hemp
02-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I think it will be easier to get a room on the spot there if this keeps up.

im sticking to my original theory, of guys just having too much expectation on a little hotel in a small town of a 3rd world country... IT AINT THE MARRIOT!!!

it is what it is.

guttaman
02-06-2007, 11:12 AM
im sticking to my original theory, of guys just having too much expectation on a little hotel in a small town of a 3rd world country... IT AINT THE MARRIOT!!!

it is what it is.

True, it is a third world country but these establishments are owned and operated by educated people from 1st world countries serving people from 1st world countries. If it was a 150 peso a night place then the 3rd world attitude could apply.

The owner is just making as much money as possible while the going is good. Unfortunately in the long run it will lose him some good customers that come to town during low season. Watch what happens in May when the place is a quarter full. He will be sending you emails every other day reminding you of your reservation.

Jimmydr
02-06-2007, 11:14 AM
True, it is a third world country but these establishments are owned and operated by educated people from 1st world countries serving people from 1st world countries. If it was a 150 peso a night place then the 3rd world attitude could apply.

The owner is just making as much money as possible while the going is good. Unfortunately in the long run it will lose him some good customers that come to town during low season. Watch what happens in May when the place is a quarter full. He will be sending you emails every other day reminding you of your reservation.

He will loose $100,000 's of dollars over the coming years because of it. How much do you spend a year on Hotels? I spend at least $1,500 myself.

guttaman
02-06-2007, 11:20 AM
He will loose $100,000 's of dollars over the coming years because of it. How much do you spend a year on Hotels? I spend at least $1,500 myself.

Yes, he might not run at full efficiencey but he has location, chica friendly, and the right price. the Europa sucks also but when people need a room they still go there.

Hemp
02-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Yes, he might not run at full efficiencey but he has location, chica friendly, and the right price. the Europa sucks also but when people need a room they still go there.

OLD RELIABLE...

i still have dreams of those tacky europa drapes...:rolleyes:

Beads
02-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Europa is about my last choice. The location (all the kids and street rats outside) makes it about the last choice. If my reservation gets lost I have a few backup places. Not as good but beggers cant be choosers.

remyman41
02-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Never stayed at the Europa, but then again never stayed at the Luxurious Palace either. I like the Gardens location, and hope things do improve.

RSMMAN
02-06-2007, 11:39 AM
The key to have your room at the New Garden is Gabby and the Cousions Lorenzo loves to see them and if he knows you and knows the Cousions will be there with you, You have your Room First Floor .....

guttaman
02-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Never stayed at the Europa, but then again never stayed at the Luxurious Palace either. I like the Gardens location, and hope things do improve.

Absolutely. Burn bridges at the New Garden? Hell no. Have a back up plan. Hell ya.

Beads
02-06-2007, 11:45 AM
The palace penthouse used to be my favorite spot. The location. The jacuzzi! The room wasnt that bad either.A nice living room and separate bedroom. The big outdoor porch for partying also. I still consider the palace penthouse my favorite hotel room in all of Sosua if it was fixed up a bit I would consider returning. (especially need the working jacuzzi!).

Hemp
02-06-2007, 11:54 AM
The palace penthouse used to be my favorite spot. The location. The jacuzzi! The room wasnt that bad either.A nice living room and separate bedroom. The big outdoor porch for partying also. I still consider the palace penthouse my favorite hotel room in all of Sosua if it was fixed up a bit I would consider returning. (especially need the working jacuzzi!).

i think this is the first time i will have to dis-agree with you Beads...

when i visited there i thought the place was a dump...and couldnt figure out what the rave was about on the board during my rookie trip. when we got there and realized he was closed for biz...me and my wingman was thankful we didnt send any deposits cause we would have not stayed there.

guttaman
02-06-2007, 12:37 PM

when i visited there i thought the place was a dump...and couldnt figure out what the rave was about on the board during my rookie trip. when we got there and realized he was closed for biz...me and my wingman was thankful we didnt send any deposits cause we would have not stayed there.

Yes, it went to shit real fast but in 2004 the place rocked. Getting blown in the pool by 2 chicas while 5 other chicas looked on. Pretty much anything went. Like many places the owner pocketed the money and put band aids on major repair problems. Then a Lt. for the politur took over one of the rooms, house chicas started with the evil eye when outsiders were brought in and the party was over.

Jimbo44
02-06-2007, 01:26 PM

I will be ther from 2/8 to 2/11 and we got 2 rooms at the Casa Cayena for 65 US dollars a night just down the block from NG.:mrgreen:

Rocky
02-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I will be ther from 2/8 to 2/11 and we got 2 rooms at the Casa Cayena for 65 US dollars a night just down the block from NG.:mrgreen:Casa Cayena's pretty kool, although I think New Garden is a better deal for you guys.
Did that price include breakfast?

</IMG>

Beads
02-06-2007, 04:33 PM

Before the place fell apart it was the awesome. Now it is a shell of its former self.I havent stayed there in over 6 months and wont return until the place is fixed up quite a bit. Europa is a last resort and I would stay there before the palace with the current condition the palace is in.

gdogg
02-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Casa Cayena's price does include breakfast...and you can order more than one entree!!

Cuba Libre
02-06-2007, 05:05 PM
I will be ther from 2/8 to 2/11 and we got 2 rooms at the Casa Cayena for 65 US dollars a night just down the block from NG.:mrgreen:Is that 65 per room? Including tax?

Jimmydr
02-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Is that 65 per room? Including tax?

Thats a bit much.

Cuba Libre
02-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Before the place fell apart it was the awesome. Now it is a shell of its former self.I havent stayed there in over 6 months and wont return until the place is fixed up quite a bit. Europa is a last resort and I would stay there before the palace with the current condition the palace is in.Unfortunately, the Europa has also gone downhill in the last year or so. Diego has put as little money into the place as possible.

blacksultan
02-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Europa is about my last choice. The location (all the kids and street rats outside) makes it about the last choice. If my reservation gets lost I have a few backup places. Not as good but beggers cant be choosers.

I have no problem with the Europa. I found the room that I stayed in was quite comfortable. I have a problem with the cable though. I couldnt get a handle on both remotes.

Jimmydr
02-06-2007, 05:15 PM
I need a place where I can have 5 chicas sitting on my bed and not get hassled, EVER!

Cuba Libre
02-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Thats a bit much.That's why I asked if it was per room.

blacksultan
02-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I need a place where I can have 5 chicas sitting on my bed and not get hassled, EVER!

Jimmy, the hoes need to be fucking on your bed, not sitting.:quicky2: :quicky2: :quicky: :quicky: :quicky: :quicky: :quicky: :3some: :3some: :3some: :3some: :bj1: :bj1: :bj1:

Beads
02-06-2007, 06:09 PM
You can have 5 chicas at the New Garden and you definitely always could at the palace. I like that setup myself also. Most of these other places are a pain in the ass with having multiple chicas stop by. Having a private jacuzzi was the best part of the palace. Its not as big as blackbeards but it is 100% secluded also. New Garden pool is fun you just cant be as loud late at night and its not heated. He should put in a giant jacuzzi for me!

BigDave
02-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Hopefully they'll get their act together here I want to stay here, At least I got time on my side, I'm looking at April or May. And I WILL reserve in advance! Did all the rooms have fridges? Can you get ice at the bar, or do you buy bags at the bodega? This will be my first mongering in a decade, but probrably will be repeated more often.

Beads
02-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Hopefully they'll get their act together here I want to stay here, At least I got time on my side, I'm looking at April or May. And I WILL reserve in advance! Did all the rooms have fridges? Can you get ice at the bar, or do you buy bags at the bodega? This will be my first mongering in a decade, but probrably will be repeated more often.

all rooms have a fridge and you can buy ice at the bodega walking distance from the hotel. its probably a 30 second to 1 minute walk towards the main street on the left. The little freezer at the top of the fridge works really good too for small items. The freezer section is small of most of the fridges so be aware.

Gutter Meat
02-06-2007, 07:20 PM
good luck staying there

guttaman
02-06-2007, 07:23 PM
After Easter low season starts and rooms should be freed up.

Jimmydr
02-06-2007, 08:22 PM
I will sit down with Lorenzo again in April. If he can get the reservation thing working and adds 20 more rooms, this place will be the spot.

Jimmydr
02-06-2007, 08:40 PM

Yes they have frigs.

Mags
02-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Is that 65 per room? Including tax?

Is there an extra charge for chicas?

Jimbo44
02-06-2007, 10:54 PM
Casa Cayena's pretty kool, although I think New Garden is a better deal for you guys.
Did that price include breakfast?

</IMG>

Yes breakfast is included according to my mail I got back from Boris.

Jimbo44
02-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Thats a bit much.

Well, 20 more than the NG, but at least I know I got a room. And I am quite sure they got hot water, which I did not have at NG.

ROVER
02-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey Jimbo, whats up bro? Does that include a safe in the room too? If so I believe The New Garden charged me $55 with the safe so thats only $10 more and with a breakfast included also, that you don't get with the New Garden Rate.

Jimbo44
02-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Hey Rover....I will know more in a cpl days. I will put up all the data, and of course more pics, just like my last trip.

Jimbo44
02-06-2007, 11:50 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/6852455b64614146e.jpg

And of course I will be looking for my fav Paola again

Jimbo44
02-06-2007, 11:51 PM
What did I do wrong??

Jimbo44
02-06-2007, 11:53 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/6852457076ec643de.jpg

Mr Bambino
02-07-2007, 01:26 AM
I just got back from New Garden. My first time staying there. Had a good time there. The rooms are nice and I had no problem with my reservation. I booked about a month in advanced. I have heard of many guys having a problem, but I did not. The only thing I did not like about the place was I would wake up in the morning from noise from the streets. It may have just been the room. The thing I really liked about this place was the location. Was so close to everything.

Mr Bambino

Kevy
02-12-2007, 08:52 PM
What did I do wrong??

I tried to fix it, it was missing a [ bracket. There is no picture now??:confused:

Gutter Meat
02-12-2007, 11:04 PM
The place needs a hot tub !!!! He has the room.

Jimbo44
02-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Casa Cayena's price does include breakfast...and you can order more than one entree!!

Thats a true story, plus on Fri night 2/9 my chica did not have her cedella, and the guard still let her in.... Breakfast was good too. I will be staying again!

Jimbo44
02-13-2007, 03:45 PM
To answer your ? on the frig and safe, yes both are available for an extra 3.00 us dollars a day. they actually bring you a frig and plug it in, but it works well and so does the hot water.

Jimmydr
02-13-2007, 08:06 PM
To answer your ? on the frig and safe, yes both are available for an extra 3.00 us dollars a day. they actually bring you a frig and plug it in, but it works well and so does the hot water.

The frig came with the room?

Citynights
02-14-2007, 05:10 AM
:confused: have the prices gone up.....paid only $45 but I did not need the safe...
and frig was in th room.....was this ISOC rate...used my card ...cash rate is cheaper...

guttaman
02-14-2007, 01:18 PM
This thread is getting long and hard to follow. We could use some hotel reviews to make into stickies that do not have a shit load of replies. I know. Can't get there from here.

Hemp
02-14-2007, 01:33 PM
This thread is getting long and hard to follow. We could use some hotel reviews to make into stickies that do not have a shit load of replies. I know. Can't get there from here.

THIS would be a perfect example of a thread to lock...:icontd: