PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice

Dark Knight
01-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Coming to DR Feb 8,10 or 11 for a week(solo). I haven,t booked my flight yet but I don't think it will be a problem. I've done alot of reading but still not sure where to stay. Is Field of Dreams Inn chica friendly? I don't actually remember reading anything about that subject. Sinse it advertises on this site, is it a given.

Would it be smarter to try and arrange something is Sosua where it sounds like most of the action is or is Field of Dreams a good location?

Looking forward to being a rookie in DR.

:wink: :biggrin:

Jimmydr
01-30-2007, 09:31 PM
It is chica friendly. You could slit your trip between Sosua and F o D as well if you like.

Don Tomas
01-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Coming to DR Feb 8,10 or 11 for a week(solo). I haven,t booked my flight yet but I don't think it will be a problem. I've done alot of reading but still not sure where to stay. Is Field of Dreams Inn chica friendly? I don't actually remember reading anything about that subject. Sinse it advertises on this site, is it a given.

Would it be smarter to try and arrange something is Sosua where it sounds like most of the action is or is Field of Dreams a good location?

Yes it's chica friendly.

FOD is between Puerto Plata & Sosua but if you feel comfortable taking a public minibus or grabbing a taxi then it would be ok but there is nothing within walking distance of FOD.

RearWindow
01-30-2007, 09:33 PM
It is chica friendly. You could slit your trip between Sosua and F o D as well if you like. "Slit your trip"? Pun intended, James?

Jimmydr
01-30-2007, 09:35 PM
"Slit your trip"? Pun intended, James?

Hey, i am watching the tele now and typing.

Dark Knight
01-30-2007, 09:38 PM
I have no problem taking public transportation. Travelled Mexico for 3 months different transprtation methods with the locals.

kiddfrost
01-30-2007, 09:40 PM

Moshy showed the rest of the Wolf Pack where FOD is located... To me it's way to far from anything... If your looking for solitude like that you might as well stay at BB's and have pussy in arms reach. Other than that stay at New Garden or any hotel near by... Much action around New Garden...

Jimmydr
01-30-2007, 09:48 PM
I have no problem taking public transportation. Travelled Mexico for 3 months different transprtation methods with the locals.

Then the North Coast will be easy to get around.

Don Tomas
01-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Moshy showed the rest of the Wolf Pack where FOD is located... To me it's way to far from anything... If your looking for solitude like that you might as well stay at BB's and have pussy in arms reach. Other than that stay at New Garden or any hotel near by... Much action around New Garden...

BBs where you can fucked by chicas and taxi drivers!!!

Seriouly if the guy is cool with publicos then FOD is the spot, check out this north coast map, FOD is across the street from Playa Dorado, about 70 feet from the road.

http://adventurevacation.4t.com/images/11northshorepp.jpg

kiddfrost
01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Taxi Drivers Yes... Chicas A hell yeah !!!!!!!!!!!

Dark Knight
01-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys

Perhaps I should stay at FoD for 3 days and move on to Sosua if I find it's out of the way or too far from the action.

kiddfrost
01-30-2007, 10:02 PM
It is... You'll get tired of Public Trans and want to be closer to the action. No need to spend money on Transpo. When you could be drinking or fucking with it.

Dark Knight
01-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Tried the link to New Garden from a post and it didn't work. Some post seem to suggest that it could be a hit and miss making reservations.

moshy2k
01-30-2007, 11:08 PM
In my opinion you should try the New Garden unless you prefer to monger solo as Field of Dreams may not give you a good supply of like-minded guys to hang and drink with. I agree with Frost that the New Garden will put you right in the middle of everything with no need for a taxi. The field of Dreams is a nice spot but it could get boring if there aren't many guys their during your stay.

Have a blast and give us a trip report when you get back (Don't forget the pics :) ) .

weyland
01-31-2007, 04:02 AM
It is... You'll get tired of Public Trans and want to be closer to the action. No need to spend money on Transpo. When you could be drinking or fucking with it.
Field of Dreams suits someone like myself who likes a slower pace and a lot of private time and does not want to hang in bars a lot. It is better suited if you mainly do TLN or keep a chica for two or more days. If you take a chica back there she is less tempted to slip away early. If you are happy using public transport the amount you will spend on fares is negligible, 40/50 pesos return to PP, 60/70 pesos return to Sosua.

If you do mainly short-time then FoD can work out more expensive and time-consuming.

Cuba Libre
01-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Tried the link to New Garden from a post and it didn't work. Some post seem to suggest that it could be a hit and miss making reservations.Making reservations is easy, getting Lorenzo to honor the reservation seems to be the hard part.

kiddfrost
01-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Making reservations is easy, getting Lorenzo to honor the reservation seems to be the hard part.

Just bug the shit out of him... He may curse you, but he sure the hell won't forget.