PDA

View Full Version : Big turnout for "Love me as I am"

NewsWhore
11-21-2011, 12:30 PM
The public, along with baseball stars, artists and personalities turned out in their thousands to support the Dominican Down Syndrome Association and the Manos Unidas para Autismo Foundation at the Quisqueya Stadium yesterday afternoon. The main attraction was a softball game between current and past baseball stars, local television personalities as well as artists, and the team that won the gold medal at the Special Olympics in Athens.

Ten thousand people filled the grandstands of the venerable stadium to see David Ortiz, Pedro Martinez, Jose Bautista, Valdimir Guerrero, Stanley Javier, Junior Noboa, Julio Lugo, Jose Valverde, Juan Uribe, Moises Rojas Alou, Juan Marichal, Octavio Dotel, Pedro Guerrero, Mario Melvin Soto, Francisco Cordero, Ronny Paulino, Francisco Liriano, Emilio Bonifacio, Mariano Duncan, Francisco Cordero, Ronny Paulino, and others play softball with television personalities such as Jochy Santos, Jatnna Tavarez, Alicia Ortega, Nuria Piera, Los Hermanos Rosario, Ilegales, Maridalia Hernandez, El Lapiz, Vaquero, Tania Baez, Pamela Sued, Kenny Grullon, Karina Larrauri, Irving Alberti, Aquiles Correa, Sergio Carlo, Brenda Sanchez, Hector Anibal, Techy Fatule, Nikauly de la Mota, Jose Antonio Rodriguez, Huchi Lora and Milagros German.

Oscar Villanueva, the vice-president of the foundation Quiereme como Soy (Love me as I am), thanked all of the stars for their support, and he gave special thanks to sponsors Viamar, Ford Motor Company, SID Group, Banco Popular, Rica Group and ARS Humano. The event received enthusiastic support from all the major media groups: Listin Diario, Omnimedia Group, Corripio Communications Group, Multimedia del Caribe, Antena Latina, Color Vision, Telemicro Group, Tricom, Aster, and many more.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#10)