PDA

View Full Version : learn spanish fast

will_blueprint
06-09-2005, 02:17 PM
what do you guys know about those online spanish courses, do they work well?

Dick Dawson
06-09-2005, 07:06 PM
what do you guys know about those online spanish courses, do they work well?

See if you can get your hands on a copy of the Pimsleur series of lessons. I highly recommend them.

will_blueprint
06-09-2005, 07:10 PM
thx i will look for it on limewire

Kevy
06-09-2005, 07:10 PM
I been using Pimsleur and I find they really help, but there is no substitute for practice. Also I just listen to them when I am walking to work and as JD_mine will attest, my pronouncation is shit. You really have to speak as well. But I am walking on a busy street and don't want people to know that I am crazy. However, I am finding I understand a lot more each time.

will_blueprint
06-09-2005, 07:19 PM
hopefully i have the same results, thx guys

Kevy
06-09-2005, 07:20 PM
downloaded mine with Shareeza, but 5 minutes got cut from each lesson. There is estential spanish I, II and III with 30 lessons each.

Dark Knight
06-09-2005, 07:40 PM
I bought "LEARN SPANISH IN YOUR CAR" and I learned alot from the cd's.There are 3 seperate courses 1,2 and 3.Each one has 3 cd's.They were about $20.00 each and are available in Borders bookstore and on ebay.
The first time I went to DR in January I did'nt know much Spanish but after studying with these cd's it helped alot with the girls.Good luck!

ykg3000
04-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Practice makes perfect as well as a good spanish dictionary.

guttaman
04-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Look for Sickboys secret stash two under business discussion. You can download a section every hour or so.

LM
04-18-2006, 07:38 PM
My secret stash is gone now......the downloads aren't available anymore...

look under "Language Tools" you'll see some Pimsleur Portuguese and Spanish.....lots of stuff there, and hopefully we'll see Rosetta Stone there shortly also

guttaman
04-18-2006, 07:42 PM
My secret stash is gone now......the downloads aren't available anymore...

look under "Language Tools" you'll see some Pimsleur Portuguese and Spanish.....lots of stuff there, and hopefully we'll see Rosetta Stone there shortly also

Bummer, i got all the shit that you had posted. Still on lesson disc one. Tough learning Spanish with a Boston accent as bad as mine. Easy to learn and understand but as Kevy said pronouncing it makes the chicas laugh their ass off at me.

ilikenyacional
04-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Listening to spanish TV and movies can help a lot. The babies learn that way.

And, it seems to me that all the women I see on spanish TV are always all hot and young. You will not see fat, old feminist womens like normal english or french TV.

I listen to Cubavision, Tele-caribe (Colombia), Azteca (Mexico) and others...

the_Jayman
04-18-2006, 11:07 PM
i'll be drinkin with rosie for a while ! ! Thanks dawson ! !

Marco
04-18-2006, 11:07 PM
thx i will look for it on limewire
I downloaded Pimsleur Spanish I (Beginners) using Shareaza. When I tried to download Spanish II (Intermediate) I was never able to get all lessons (30 in total) and after I while I decided instead to rent the Pimsleur II discs through Recorded Books:

http://www.recordedbooks.com/

It was $15 each for Spanish II A and B, with shipping and tax $44. They delivered the CDs fast and they were in good conditions without any scratches. I ripped the CDs and use my mp3 player to listen to the classes.

Marco
04-18-2006, 11:12 PM
See if you can get your hands on a copy of the Pimsleur series of lessons. I highly recommend them. I agree, Pimsleur is good and I have been able to improve my Spanish. I have a long commute to work every day and like to listen to the CDs in my car.

guttaman
04-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Listening to spanish TV and movies can help a lot. The babies learn that way.

And, it seems to me that all the women I see on spanish TV are always all hot and young. You will not see fat, old feminist womens like normal english or french TV.

I listen to Cubavision, Tele-caribe (Colombia), Azteca (Mexico) and others...

Watching spanish stations do help but they do not speak rapido like the Dominican chicas. I like the spanish version of Family Fued.

the_Jayman
04-18-2006, 11:17 PM
does drinkin in your room while the chicas watch Cartoon Network in Spanish help ? ?

ilikenyacional
04-18-2006, 11:36 PM
does drinkin in your room while the chicas watch Cartoon Network in Spanish help ? ?

Yes ! Watching cartoon is even better !