PDA

View Full Version : Sosua BUtcher/carneceria (sp?)

Trib
11-30-2011, 06:29 PM
any one know of a Sosua BUtcher/carneceria (sp?)? I would also like to know if anyone knows how to say the following

Ribeye steak
Baby back ribs
Spare Ribs

I have tried a few translators but its is a direct literal translation and worthless. THanks in advance.

Apos
11-30-2011, 07:16 PM
The best carneceria IMO is the one on the highway, heading east, across the street from "the dollar store" or whatever it is called now. Market something:confused:

It's maybe 2km, or less, from the Texaco on the left.

There are a couple or even a few places in Charamicos as well but you'd actually have to know where to go or have a guide.

any one know of a Sosua BUtcher/carneceria (sp?)? I would also like to know if anyone knows how to say the following

Ribeye steak
Baby back ribs
Spare Ribs

I have tried a few translators but its is a direct literal translation and worthless. THanks in advance.

Not 100% and no money back guarantee but I believe

Rib eye is filete rib eye
Spare ribs are costillas
Back ribs are costillas traseras...not sure about the "baby" part :D

Trib
12-01-2011, 12:37 AM
The best carneceria IMO is the one on the highway, heading east, across the street from "the dollar store" or whatever it is called now. Market something:confused:

It's maybe 2km, or less, from the Texaco on the left.

There are a couple or even a few places in Charamicos as well but you'd actually have to know where to go or have a guide.

Not 100% and no money back guarantee but I believe

Rib eye is filete rib eye
Spare ribs are costillas
Back ribs are costillas traseras...not sure about the "baby" part :D

thanks thats a hell of a lot better than ojo de costilla ;) is the butcher twards alberto Pharmacy/caribe bus station ?

Apos
12-01-2011, 01:32 PM
thanks thats a hell of a lot better than ojo de costilla ;) is the butcher twards alberto Pharmacy/caribe bus station ?

The butcher is towards Cabatete. It's not hard to find and you should easily meet someone local/expat that knows it. I think the name is Bavaria.

JD426
12-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Ask Andy or Klaus at Romanoff restaurant. They know the best German butcher in the area, it might be the same one, but I think there are 2 good ones in town. Personally i would be careful with the Dominicans, when they butcher they let all the meat fall on the floor. Not sure if youve ever seen them doing it.

Apos
12-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Ask Andy or Klaus at Romanoff restaurant. They know the best German butcher in the area, it might be the same one, but I think there are 2 good ones in town. Personally i would be careful with the Dominicans, when they butcher they let all the meat fall on the floor. Not sure if youve ever seen them doing it.

The one I am referring to is one of the 2 German butchers. The other is up in La Mulata and has great sausages.

praguealchemist
12-01-2011, 02:01 PM
The one I am referring to is one of the 2 German butchers. The other is up in La Mulata and has great sausages.

The one up the hill on the right side going towards la mulatta is a german owned place with better pricing than Bavaria. A nice black kid works there with impressive german skills and will let you taste something before buying. The owner is from Badem-Wurtemberg area of Germany.

Bavaria has nice variety, but more expensive and is located further down the main road going from sosua toward cabarete. you will pass the la mulatta turn off on the right and continue maybe another 800-1000m towards cabarete and Bavaria is there.

JD426
12-01-2011, 02:03 PM

Ok,
mmmmm
now you got my interest peaked. I need to find this one for sure. Thanks...........

DASBOOTY
12-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Personally i would be careful with the Dominicans, when they butcher they let all the meat fall on the floor. Not sure if youve ever seen them doing it.

I remember when I was in Gasper Hernandez I walked by a carneceria where they had cuts of beef on display on a window sill in the 85 degree heat :eek2:.

Made me think twice about eating beef in the DR after seeing that :lol:.

MrHappy
12-02-2011, 07:32 AM
I remember when I was in Gasper Hernandez I walked by a carneceria where they had cuts of beef on display on a window sill in the 85 degree heat :eek2:.

Made me think twice about eating beef in the DR after seeing that :lol:.

Scaredy pants!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

DASBOOTY
12-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Scaredy pants!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't want to get a case of mad cow disease when I am in the DR..........or anywhere else for that matter:rofl:.

MrHappy
12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I don't want to get a case of mad cow disease when I am in the DR..........or anywhere else for that matter:rofl:.

Hey, get out of the city, and you see fresh killed meat hanging in the sun every where you look!

Sales method of choice for Chivo and longaniza.

It's gonna get cooked anyway, right?

uncle ruckus
12-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey, get out of the city, and you see fresh killed meat hanging in the sun every where you look!

Sales method of choice for Chivo and longaniza.

It's gonna get cooked anyway, right?

Stop man, you're making me hungry! Carne frita con tostones! Or freshly killed chicharron con yuca! mmmm!!!

JD426
12-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Stop man, you're making me hungry! Carne frita con tostones! Or freshly killed chicharron con yuca! mmmm!!!

Its funny, the street vendors on or just off Pedro, I always loved their Carne Frita, with totones. which is like the strips of meat, in very very hot oil..
You just KNOW that meat was not in a cooler on ice , and how long do we think its been since it came from the butcher, so thats like 100x worse ? :rofl:.
Besides the fact that there was a 18 yo kid cooking it.
But when you driking, them totones and Carne Frita really hit the spot, dont they, and I also never got sick from it...

uncle ruckus
12-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Hey, at least you gave me some inspiration for lunch today. Pernil with yuca.

JD426
12-02-2011, 12:41 PM

thats nice,, I really like the crusty stuff though with the Pork roast.
I also like me some Chuleta.(chops)
whats that on the top left hand corner in you plate ?? some kind of veggies ?

MrHappy
12-02-2011, 12:44 PM

Oh yeah, baby.. Lechon a'sao con guineitos y limon, tostones y una fria vestida de novia!!!!

top that off with a doble etiqueta negra y un tubano.

fuck, you got me started now, you piece of shit!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

uncle ruckus
12-02-2011, 12:47 PM

Believe it or not, ground venison. The restaurant owner prepared it for himself and offered me some for free. It's pretty good.

MrHappy
12-02-2011, 12:48 PM

Looks like berengena guisada to me.

JD426
12-02-2011, 12:48 PM
What you guys think of the roadside stands that serve Pork ?
this one was Cafeteria Mellos ? , I dont remember where exactly on the road to santiago from LaCapital ?, but theres a bunch of these places where you can stop for a fix.
I never had any problems, but I drink the juice of WHOLE LIME after wards. Not sure what it does, but it works.

MrHappy
12-02-2011, 12:50 PM

Chicharron. Squeeze some lemon on that stuff....

I'm outta control here, I'm gonna have to leave early!

uncle ruckus
12-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Oh yeah, baby.. Lechon a'sao con guineitos y limon, tostones y una fria vestida de novia!!!!

top that off with a doble etiqueta negra y un tubano.

fuck, you got me started now, you piece of shit!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

A Buen Tiempo!!

Trib
12-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Now I'm started but I should be able to get a cheap fix this weekend ;) So the la mulatta turn off is to the right and before casa linda right? I have someone looking into a thing for me but I think its the same one!

mmmm sausage, steak and ribs aw fuck I need some bbq!!!

eldorob
12-02-2011, 05:32 PM
The butcher is towards Cabatete. It's not hard to find and you should easily meet someone local/expat that knows it. I think the name is Bavaria.

Dont know about comparing prices, but I go here and it's extremely clean. I would reccomend.

A favorita took me to Bavaria the first time. She got a bun and had RAW GROUND PORK put on it and some onion slices. And ate it. Being the Good Favorita, she offered me a taste. I politely declined.

Trib
12-25-2011, 03:11 PM
FYI I wound up using the German butcher. they are right in the main road across from the casa linda turn off. they have a picture of a pig on their sign. The meat was very good but a bit pricey. over all when I am in the sewer they will be my butcher!!!