PDA

View Full Version : My first thread - Threesomes

praguealchemist
12-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Besides Bailey's, are there others?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I was wondering the same thing. Is Baileys a one trip to bar and your done deal or an all you can eat salad bar? Can you get it as a meal and what is the cost? I heard there is a really reasonable and tasty dominican food place next to Baileys-anyone been there? I gotta learn how to start a thread and upload pics for everyone s benefit-Robert you there-help!

Jimmydr
12-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Well you have your first thread. It seems once you leave the US, free refills and all you can eat salad bars are very rare.

SrSuerte
12-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Well you have your first thread. It seems once you leave the US, free refills and all you can eat salad bars are very rare.

I have no idea if there are any in the DR. The idea of a bunch of hungry Americans(or just hungry foreigners) eating a resturaunt out of food comes to mind. That's a funny thought.

praguealchemist
12-03-2011, 12:08 PM

Thanks Jimmy, I wanted to created a thread named Threesomes. Can this be threesomes? Robert told me that he would come by my hotel and show me uploading and creating a thread so I am patiently waiting for his help. I am a hands on kind of guy, which is why the chicas love me:corky:. Forget those manuals that come with tech today-if customer service at best buy cant make me feel comfortable using a product I wont buy it. I am happy with the basics-this is no reference to what I expect from chicas of course.:smile: The hotel server went down twice and lost the message. Second time I was smart enough to copy before trying to send so I dont have to retype. Copy-paste-love computer basics:biggrin:

SrSuerte
12-03-2011, 12:13 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl: Oooh Shit! I have heard of threadjacking, but this is hilarious. I dont know what to call it. Just from perception....It looks like a second thread was started after one post in another thread.

I thought I lost my post when I saw the Salad bar thread. I was thinking that I lost my mind. I was like....DAM! I thought I posted already! Now I see there are two threads. Oh shit. I am crying and laughing....:rofl::rofl:

praguealchemist
12-03-2011, 12:15 PM
I have no idea if there are any in the DR. The idea of a bunch of hungry Americans(or just hungry foreigners) eating a resturaunt out of food comes to mind. That's a funny thought.

You got that right. They cant even keep the basics on hand. Just in my hotel, they cant seem to keep the minimum basics for breakfast. yesterday I was told they ran out of milk during breakfast and today they told me they ran out of coffee during breakfast. How the he;; do you run out of milk and coffee when you have a hotel that caters to foreigners and a store 70meters away. Just in case you were wondering-D'pieros

praguealchemist
12-03-2011, 12:20 PM

Jimmy, just to clarify, I was not referring to me a chica and a salad bar as a threesome. Strictly two chicas por favor:corky: ps not saying salad tossing would not occur, but that is a different matter or is it:corky::corky:

SrSuerte
12-03-2011, 12:32 PM
You got that right. They cant even keep the basics on hand. Just in my hotel, they cant seem to keep the minimum basics for breakfast. yesterday I was told they ran out of milk during breakfast and today they told me they ran out of coffee during breakfast. How the he;; do you run out of milk and coffee when you have a hotel that caters to foreigners and a store 70meters away. Just in case you were wondering-D'pieros

Shit everything is making me laugh this morning. No Coffee in the morning! What the hell? and a store 70 meters away. Thats my favorite meal of the day, so a place fucks that up then I am not eating there the next day.

hugrad95a
12-03-2011, 01:00 PM
As far I know, the salad bar with that comes with your meal is all you can eat. That Argentina steak they have while thin compared to US steaks is extremely good. It comes melted butter and German potatoes.

http://baileys-sosua.com/images/011.jpg

http://baileys-sosua.com/

They also have a lunch buffet. I dont know if it all you can eat.

Churrasco (Imp) BBQ (10oz juicy piece of meat)

mikelodge
12-03-2011, 01:08 PM

I would move to a new hotel that would be too much for me with loose sheets to go along with it.

At Baileys I have went back up to the salad bar a second time and I have seen many other people do so. The local place next to it is really part of Baileys, it is their cafeteria where people can get food in to go boxes to eat there or take back to the hotel.

You are even allowed to sit down in the same chairs and it is All You can Sit at no extra charge

Jimmydr
12-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Shit everything is making me laugh this morning. No Coffee in the morning! What the hell? and a store 70 meters away. Thats my favorite meal of the day, so a place fucks that up then I am not eating there the next day.

I need my coffee. I need my coffee everyday!

Mr. Smooth
12-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Wow! D'Piero's ran out of coffee and milk during breakfast?? Where is MikeLodge to come to the rescue. No one can shill for a hotel like he can! :corky:

Sidney
12-03-2011, 03:28 PM
I would move to a new hotel that would be too much for me with loose sheets to go along with it.

At Baileys I have went back up to the salad bar a second time and I have seen many other people do so. The local place next to it is really part of Baileys, it is their cafeteria where people can get food in to go boxes to eat there or take back to the hotel.

You are even allowed to sit down in the same chairs and it is All You can Sit at no extra charge
Thanks, I didn't realize that lunch was all-you-can eat. That makes the very low prices an even better bargain. I have always carried-out.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

deezl
12-03-2011, 04:12 PM

not the threesome i was looking for...

jacknback
12-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Thank God for my Medellin hotel.....free coffee from about 7/7:30A.M. all day and night.
Don't know what time they stop at night,but there is coffee as late as 11/12:00 when I hit the sack.:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Thank God for my Medellin hotel.....free coffee from about 7/7:30A.M. all day and night.
Don't know what time they stop at night,but there is coffee as late as 11/12:00 when I hit the sack.:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:
The Estaban had coffee all day long as well.

MrHappy
12-04-2011, 09:21 AM

Rhetorical question, right?

Inventory control is a foreign concept in this country for many businesses. So is putting empty containers back in the fridge and pantry.

As a person that has been involved in inventory control on many levels for so many years, it drives me up a fricking wall.

Jimmydr
12-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Rhetorical question, right?

Inventory control is a foreign concept in this country for many businesses. So is putting empty containers back in the fridge and pantry.

As a person that has been involved in inventory control on many levels for so many years, it drives me up a fricking wall.

They do that in the US as well.

DASBOOTY
12-04-2011, 11:17 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Is Baileys a one trip to bar and your done deal or an all you can eat salad bar? Can you get it as a meal and what is the cost? I heard there is a really reasonable and tasty dominican food place next to Baileys-anyone been there? I gotta learn how to start a thread and upload pics for everyone s benefit-Robert you there-help!

I think at Baileys (and other establishments in the DR like this)"it is expected" that you will only go for one serving at the salad bar.

It is not like at "all you can eat" places in NA where some people will go for 6 servings.

I have noticed in my travels in Latin America that they frown upon it when you want to pig out in a restaurant. I remember I went to a restaurant on a beach outside of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and ordered sea food soup and the lobster dinner. Well, the owner of the restuarant brought me my sea food soup (which was a huge portion with like 8 tortillas on the side).

I was looking at him like "where is my lobster dinner" and he says to me "that is more than enough food" :rofl::rofl:.

mikelodge
12-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks, I didn't realize that lunch was all-you-can eat. That makes the very low prices an even better bargain. I have always carried-out.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Lunch is not all you can eat. I only said the salad bar in the main dining room if you order an entre that includes that you can make a second trip. Now the lunch cafeteria next door is like one at a school where you slide a tray and point and they scoop to one a plate and you pay at the end of the line to a cashier for the amount you take. If more than one kind of meat you pay more and different many times since price is at the womans discretion it seems. I don't go there for that since it is mostly fried and high carb stuff I don't like.