PDA

View Full Version : ATM's

philosopher
05-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Is this a good way to get Dominican Pesos? At Puerto Plata airport?

Shadow Dweller
05-12-2004, 07:26 AM
No, Only exchange the minimum amount you will need at the airport. The exchange rate will likely be much better at your destination.

SD

Jimmydr
05-12-2004, 07:53 AM
No, Only exchange the minimum amount you will need at the airport. The exchange rate will likely be much better at your destination.

SD

Actually the exchange rate at the airport is as high as Sosua, but not at the ATM there. :D

chlen
06-29-2004, 10:36 AM
STILL I DID NOT UNDERSTAND, IS IT OK TO USE AN ATM CARD FROM AMERICAN BANK TO OTBTAIN CASH IN DR? HOW RATES OF EXCHANGE ARE COMPARED?(ATM VS NOTES)? WHERE THE BEST PLACE IN CABARETE TO USE ATM CARD? THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR ANSWERS.

Jimmydr
06-29-2004, 10:58 AM
STILL I DID NOT UNDERSTAND, IS IT OK TO USE AN ATM CARD FROM AMERICAN BANK TO OTBTAIN CASH IN DR? HOW RATES OF EXCHANGE ARE COMPARED?(ATM VS NOTES)? WHERE THE BEST PLACE IN CABARETE TO USE ATM CARD? THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR ANSWERS.

I use ATMs anywhere in Caberete Sosua. Pretty good rate.

BrooklynBeas
06-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Ive Never used an ATM in DR... I take as much cash as I think i will need which is usually double the amount that I wind up spending... I keep about 4,000-10,000 pesos (100USD-200USD) on me most of the time and the rest of the money in a safe in the hotel.... and i change my money somewhere in the Sosua area ... most of the time at Judy's.