PDA

View Full Version : 12/2011 - Sosua vs Pattaya

Antonio
12-18-2011, 04:11 PM
but after allmost 2.5 months in sosua I would hafto say that pattaya is cheaper.
you can rent a comfterbel studio close to carrefor with kitchen, wifi, cable, security, swimingpool etc for 4500-5000 baht a month (i usually rent closer to the action but its duable).
you can eat good street food for 30 baht (nice for the hangover).
beachroad has plenty of girls for 500 baht or less. and on soi 13 next to beach road they have a short time hotel for 100 baht with fan and shower (think its 200 baht with aircon).

Jimmydr
12-18-2011, 04:15 PM
but after allmost 2.5 months in sosua I would hafto say that pattaya is cheaper.
you can eat good street food for 30 baht (nice for the hangover).
beachroad has plenty of girls for 500 baht or less. and on soi 13 next to beach road they have a short time hotel for 100 baht with fan and shower (think its 200 baht with aircon).

I would say its more like 100 Baht, but I am talking about something good and filling.:iconTU:

Antonio
12-18-2011, 04:17 PM
i have gone outside sosua a few times, like rio verde in cangrejo (lokal whorehouse).
and its probably gonna be more and more outside sousa for me.
my spanish is getting better, and sosua is getting to small.
maybee my next country will be colombia.

Jimmydr
12-18-2011, 04:18 PM
i have gone outside sosua a few times, like rio verde in cangrejo (lokal whorehouse).
and its probably gonna be more and more outside sousa for me.

Well, they have the gwa gwa that can get you way out of Sosua.

Jimmydr
12-18-2011, 04:19 PM

Well you better speak Spanish if you are going to Colombia.

Antonio
12-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I would say its more like 100 Baht, but I am talking about something good and filling.:iconTU:
ok your right. you can eat some simple food rice, chicken (pork, beef) vegetables for 30-40 baht cooked in the street. its not for everyone but my stomach take allmost evrything.

Jimmydr
12-18-2011, 04:22 PM
ok your right. you can eat some simple food rice, chicken (pork, beef) vegetables for 30-40 baht cooked in the street. its not for everyone but my stomach take allmost evrything.

I love the Pat Thai with shrimp.

Antonio
12-18-2011, 04:23 PM
I love the Pat Thai with shrimp.
cant beat the thai food.:iconTU:

Jimmydr
12-18-2011, 04:25 PM

I like Dominican food but I think I like Thai slightly better.

Antonio
12-18-2011, 04:31 PM
I like Dominican food but I think I like Thai slightly better.
talking about street food, im gonna jump on a motoconcho and go down pedroclisante to buy some street food.

Jimmydr
12-18-2011, 04:32 PM
talking about street food, im gonna jump on a motoconcho and go down pedroclisante to buy some street food.

You should walk instead.

Shogun Warrior
12-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Pattaya Thailand gives you the ultimate package.

Sexy women everywhere. Cheap food that is very low fat. Great "knock off" shopping and plenty of entertaiment venues. Golf, fishing and a nightlife that is pumping hard 24/7. No chulos, no fucked up cops on the take. (Don't do stupid shit so you can prove me wrong)

The only downside?

It is a days travel away from the U.S. and you need to go for a minimum of 14 days to get anywhere near the time to get a good taste of it. Once you do, you're hooked. Made 9 trips from Korea and 10th and longest trip from the US was 37 days. It is truly the land of smiles.

Jimmydr
12-18-2011, 04:44 PM

Sexy women everywhere. Cheap food that is very low fat. Great "knock off" shopping and plenty of entertaiment venues. Golf, fishing and a nightlife that is pumping hard 24/7. No chulos, no fucked up cops on the take. (Don't do stupid shit so you can prove me wrong)

You forgot to mention that you can get your ass kicked by a bunch of angry Thai people and no one will assist you, unless all those videos are not real.

Jimmydr
12-18-2011, 04:45 PM
It is a days travel away from the U.S. and you need to go for a minimum of 14 days to get anywhere near the time to get a good taste of it. Once you do, you're hooked. Made 9 trips from Korea and 10th and longest trip from the US was 37 days. It is truly the land of smiles.

Unless you prefer latinas over Thai women.:corky:

Antonio
12-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Unless you prefer latinas over Thai women.:corky:
thats my problem, i cant get enoff of the latin women (their dilicious:wink:).
otherwise i would never leave pattaya. pattaya has the best night life for the single men. but thai women got no bundas...

Jimmydr
12-18-2011, 04:57 PM
otherwise i would never leave pattaya. pattaya has the best night life for the single men. but thai women got no bundas...

That seems to sum it up for me as well. Drop 500 Colombians, 500 Dominicans into Pattaya and its perfect, except for that 19 hour flight.

michel3275
12-18-2011, 04:59 PM

Good to see you back on the board Antonio see you in 12 days

Antonio
12-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Good to see you back on the board Antonio see you in 12 days
see you at black box. are you coming alone this time?

michel3275
12-18-2011, 05:07 PM
see you at black box. are you coming alone this time?

Yes i am, the kid is not invited this time. We can go out

Jimmydr
12-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Yes i am, the kid is not invited this time. We can go out

Why is the kid "out":confused:

michel3275
12-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Why is the kid "out":confused:
I was there with my 13 yo son in october and couldnt go out with Antonio at night

Jimmydr
12-18-2011, 05:10 PM
I was there with my 13 yo son in october and couldnt go out with Antonio at night

The kid is really a kid. My bad.:p

Antonio
12-18-2011, 05:16 PM
well this time you will have no excuse... Robert promised to take us to rioverde when you came back...:wink:

Rubicon
12-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Great "knock off" shopping
Only problem I found with the shopping was the difficulty with finding clothes that fit. I'm not a big guy (5'9"-200lbs) but maybe I was shopping in the wrong places for the wrong clothes.

Shogun Warrior
12-18-2011, 06:40 PM

Give me a little time to dig up the photos as I will be proving you wrong about that.

knotty
12-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Give me a little time to dig up the photos as I will be proving you wrong about that.

No need for that. He can check longhairdontcare's and sporthobbyist's recent reports posted and see there are lots of girls with asses around. Shit, each time I return, I see it more and more.

Antonio
12-18-2011, 07:45 PM
No need for that. He can check longhairdontcare's and sporthobbyist's recent reports posted and see there are lots of girls with asses around. Shit, each time I return, I see it more and more.
but the latin girls have one more thing going for them...
they walk proud of their bunda... :wink:

Antonio
12-18-2011, 07:47 PM
aint nothing more sexy then a girl walking proud of her bunda...

knotty
12-18-2011, 07:59 PM
but the latin girls have one more thing going for them...
they walk proud of their bunda... :wink:

I have not seen any girl in Pattaya being mad about their asses, and they shake em just as well. And I only consider Brazilian girls with bundas. I refuse to call any other groups to have them....lol.

Antonio
12-18-2011, 08:11 PM
I have not seen any girl in Pattaya being mad about their asses, and they shake em just as well. And I only consider Brazilian girls with bundas. I refuse to call any other groups to have them....lol.
well brazil is a different story all together (nothing beats it). but unfortunately its
quite expensive right now. so I will hafto do with dominican bundas. in february i will probably be back in pattaya.

Malapascua
12-19-2011, 03:24 PM
well brazil is a different story all together (nothing beats it). but unfortunately its
quite expensive right now.

It is not quite expensive, it is totally shocking horrible expensive. Fucking is cheaper even in Switzerland.
The costs of living are quite high as well. For hotels, food, drinks, transport,..... you pay at least 2x more than in Asia.

BrooklynBeas
12-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Well you better speak Spanish if you are going to Colombia.

Is that what u call the language u speak out there? Lol
Sure helps having fun when your not in the sack...

Jimmydr
12-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Is that what u call the language u speak out there? Lol
Sure helps having fun when your not in the sack...

I must be doing something right. I am never alone.

BrooklynBeas
12-19-2011, 06:01 PM
I must be doing something right. I am never alone.

As long as you have money, you will never be alone... I was only joking, you speak more Spanish then most guys that travel to Spanish speaking countries... I'm sure your Spanish has improved since last I saw ya... It's been a while...

Jimmydr
12-19-2011, 06:03 PM
As long as you have money, you will never be alone... I was only joking, you speak more Spanish then most guys that travel to Spanish speaking countries... I'm sure your Spanish has improved since last I saw ya... It's been a while...

I don't speak Dominican anymore. I speak Colombian Spanish.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

BrooklynBeas
12-19-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't speak Dominican anymore. I speak Colombian Spanish.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Big difference... I remember saying some words they spoke in DR and Colombia girls were totally lost.. Spanish seems to be different in every country..

Marky
01-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Maybe you should do a poll on which is best :wink:

Jimmydr
01-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Maybe you should do a poll on which is best :wink:

I think you would vote for Thailand

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?292840-My-Thailand-adventures&highlight=

Malapascua
01-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I think you would vote for Thailand

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?292840-My-Thailand-adventures&highlight=

I don't think anybody that has been in both places would vote for Sosua....

knotty
01-04-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't think anybody that has been in both places would vote for Sosua....

Yes, they would, especially if they are not attracted to Asian women. Don't worry, I am not one of them that would do such a thing.

Jimmydr
01-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Yes, they would, especially if they are not attracted to Asian women. Don't worry, I am not one of them that would do such a thing.

I prefer Latinas but I am going to Santo Domingo, not Sosua.

Mr. Smooth
01-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Both places are good. Pattaya has more of everything, nightlife, girls, outdoor sports, food, accomadations etc. But...it also has some negatives such as tremendous traffic problems, and flooding and sewage backups after it rains.

If you enjoy a small town atmosphere, Sosua probably has a certain charm that would win you over. If a bigger pond to play in is your thing, Pattaya will more than fit the bill.

As far as price or budget, Pattaya has more and cheaper accomadations. Food from the street carts costs virtually nothing. Many times on my recent trip, pad Thai noodles or shrimp fried rice or a noodle soup only cost 30-35 baht. About a dollar! And I ate plenty of it!

With the exchange rate, girls in Sosua, all things being equal, are less expensive than Pattaya. No bar fines to pay mainly. I wouldn't hit up the Coconut Bar (Pattaya beach) for those 500 baht ST's. I ain't flying nearly 9,000 miles to fuck an ugly girl on the cheap!

Both places are good. But the airfare cost and the distance make Pattaya a place where you need a much longer time to make it worthwhile, at least 15 days minimum. Sosua, due to proximity from most everywhere in the US, a week can be enough time to do what you came for.

I love em both.

Dan the Man
01-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Both places are good. Pattaya has more of everything, nightlife, girls, outdoor sports, food, accomadations etc. But...it also has some negatives such as tremendous traffic problems, and flooding and sewage backups after it rains.

If you enjoy a small town atmosphere, Sosua probably has a certain charm that would win you over. If a bigger pond to play in is your thing, Pattaya will more than fit the bill.

As far as price or budget, Pattaya has more and cheaper accomadations. Food from the street carts costs virtually nothing. Many times on my recent trip, pad Thai noodles or shrimp fried rice or a noodle soup only cost 30-35 baht. About a dollar! And I ate plenty of it!

With the exchange rate, girls in Sosua, all things being equal, are less expensive than Pattaya. No bar fines to pay mainly. I wouldn't hit up the Coconut Bar (Pattaya beach) for those 500 baht ST's. I ain't flying nearly 9,000 miles to fuck an ugly girl on the cheap!

Both places are good. But the airfare cost and the distance make Pattaya a place where you need a much longer time to make it worthwhile, at least 15 days minimum. Sosua, due to proximity from most everywhere in the US, a week can be enough time to do what you came for.

I love em both.

After reading this, can't wait to compare Pattaya to Sosua myself. Been to Sosua twice and going to Pattaya next month!

Kevy
01-05-2012, 06:29 PM
After reading this, can't wait to compare Pattaya to Sosua myself. Been to Sosua twice and going to Pattaya next month!

I hope you plan on spending more than 1 day there on that tour.

Dan the Man
01-05-2012, 06:50 PM
I hope you plan on spending more than 1 day there on that tour.

After the tour, plan to spend a few days on my own before having to return to my day job. Leaving my options open, but after reading these forums, a longer stay in Pattaya is definitely worth planning.

Jimmydr
01-05-2012, 06:51 PM
After the tour, plan to spend a few days on my own before having to return to my day job. Leaving my options open, but after reading these forums, a longer stay in Pattaya is definitely worth planning.

We were there 13 days.

Dan the Man
01-05-2012, 07:42 PM
My plan is to take this Pathfinder/Chill weekend tour to check out Thailand from a retirement perspective. Have already checked out San Jose and Sosua in the past 2 yrs, and after Thailand, Medellin. This tour seemed like the best way to do Thailand, but it really limits my exposure "time on station". Haven't actually paid for it yet, so am open to suggestions to get the bast bang for my buck, in the limited time before having to go back to work. After seeing what these places have to offer, I can always grab my backpack affter retiring later this yr and spending more time in any given spot.

Not to rattle on, but went thru a life changing divorce, so all these places have been on my bucket list. Being military retired, spent 2 yrs at Clark AB in Angeles City, and really likedd the tropical Asian environment. Especially the LBFMs! Might even check it out again, now that Clark field is assessable as an international airport. Even thought of going back to Song Tan City outside of Osan korea, but just the thought of possible international tensions escalating turns me off. Did my patriotic share of peacekeeping if you know what I mean.

Mr. Smooth
01-06-2012, 03:21 AM

Hey Dan, got your pm. Thanks. If you have any questions or concerns about Pattaya, feel free to ask me and I will gladly share my opinion. I was just there last month and referring to your retirement question in a previous post, I did check out a couple of condos for such a purpose. In one of them, the unit was on the 9th floor, a gorgeous view of the city facing the water, about 44 sq. mtrs. full kitchen, cable, the whole nine yards. The owner, an American from San Diego, told me he would rent it out for 8500 baht a month on a 6 month to 1 year lease. That comes to about $275 a month. He wants $40 grand to sell.

Another condo complex I checked out was a small studio, 26 sq. mtrs., about the size of a large hotel room, a 5th floor unit, balcony, tv, no kitchen, ac, decent bath, and was 5000 baht on a 6 month lease, or 5500 on a month to month. Not a bad deal for $160 rent! A bunch of expats live in places like that, small, comfortable, cheap, plenty of services for your daily living needs in the businesses on the bottom floor...laundry, Thai restaurants, beer bars, mini market for basics (toiletries, milk, juices, snacks) transportation just steps from the lobby, etc. A simple life for sure. Either building would suit me just fine.

If you are retired military, your pension would be more than enough to allow for a reasonably comfortable standard of living. I hope to be able to spend a portion of each year in both Pattaya and the DR when I call it quits.

Westy
01-06-2012, 07:28 AM
My plan is to take this Pathfinder/Chill weekend tour to check out Thailand from a retirement perspective. Have already checked out San Jose and Sosua in the past 2 yrs, and after Thailand, Medellin. This tour seemed like the best way to do Thailand, but it really limits my exposure "time on station".
Dan, I for one will be interested in hearing about the Pathfinder Chill weekend. I've seen these mentioned often enough in International Living that I'd like your impressions ... is it really "chill," or is it heavy on the "sell"?

Dan the Man
01-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Your intel is much appreciated! I actually was planning another trip to Sosua next month after reading Cuba Dave's Adventures forum. But then this Thailand Chill Weekend showed up in my inbox. They sure know how to lure you, and I thought this was the best way to check it out for the 1st time. But, you know, your right, along with others who tell me the same thing. This Chill weekend peaked my interest as a quick way to see Thailand, during my limited time off from work. A much better (and cheaper) way is to check options such as researching expats who offer "wingman tours" rather than going the real estate tour route. And just keeping an eye on these forums to get a wealth of advice from those who have gone before me! Dan
Hey Dan, got your pm. Thanks. If you have any questions or concerns about Pattaya, feel free to ask me and I will gladly share my opinion. I was just there last month and referring to your retirement question in a previous post, I did check out a couple of condos for such a purpose. In one of them, the unit was on the 9th floor, a gorgeous view of the city facing the water, about 44 sq. mtrs. full kitchen, cable, the whole nine yards. The owner, an American from San Diego, told me he would rent it out for 8500 baht a month on a 6 month to 1 year lease. That comes to about $275 a month. He wants $40 grand to sell.

Another condo complex I checked out was a small studio, 26 sq. mtrs., about the size of a large hotel room, a 5th floor unit, balcony, tv, no kitchen, ac, decent bath, and was 5000 baht on a 6 month lease, or 5500 on a month to month. Not a bad deal for $160 rent! A bunch of expats live in places like that, small, comfortable, cheap, plenty of services for your daily living needs in the businesses on the bottom floor...laundry, Thai restaurants, beer bars, mini market for basics (toiletries, milk, juices, snacks) transportation just steps from the lobby, etc. A simple life for sure. Either building would suit me just fine.

If you are retired military, your pension would be more than enough to allow for a reasonably comfortable standard of living. I hope to be able to spend a portion of each year in both Pattaya and the DR when I call it quits.

Jimmydr
01-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Dan, I for one will be interested in hearing about the Pathfinder Chill weekend. I've seen these mentioned often enough in International Living that I'd like your impressions ... is it really "chill," or is it heavy on the "sell"?

You going to fly 20 hours each way for a 3 day vacation?

Mr. Smooth
01-06-2012, 01:59 PM
You going to fly 20 hours each way for a 3 day vacation?

Man, I wouldn't fly 20 hours to anywhere unless I had at least 2 weeks minimum to spend there. If Dan is actually going to do this, it would take at least 2 days to just get his head right between the jetlag and time difference. Dan, don't do this. It will be a total waste of time. Like sitting at a bountiful buffet and only getting a spoonful of mashed taters before being escorted away. :corky:

knotty
01-06-2012, 02:09 PM
I have no clue how he would see all those cities in that timeframe. That shit cray.

Dan the Man
01-28-2012, 02:21 PM

Nice...Thanks! Both places sound just right. Just wondering if you have any plans to visit again around the May timeframe? I read that there is a pension visa available too for expats.

kitie carson
01-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Only problem I found with the shopping was the difficulty with finding clothes that fit. I'm not a big guy (5'9"-200lbs) but maybe I was shopping in the wrong places for the wrong clothes.
i 2nd that....XXXL for me and that is still a tight fit....Those Thai fkr's ar small....

Rubicon
01-28-2012, 09:13 PM
i 2nd that....XXXL for me and that is still a tight fit....Those Thai fkr's ar small....
I WISH I would have found XXXL, that would have worked. I was shopping in Bangkok but I don't remember finding anything bigger than an XL in shirts (which seem to fit more like a medium) and 34 inch waist shorts, and I hit everything from the street stalls to the malls.

questner
01-28-2012, 09:27 PM
I WISH I would have found XXXL, that would have worked. I was shopping in Bangkok but I don't remember finding anything bigger than an XL in shirts (which seem to fit more like a medium) and 34 inch waist shorts, and I hit everything from the street stalls to the malls.

Just ask for overstock sales for the export merchandise. Robinson's in Pattaya has a sale usually in one of the upper floors from 5 baht an item! I have seen any number of X's there. Also in Bangkok. I bought jeans in one of the malls, walking distance from Nana (Pratna- something, just too lazy to look up).

Mr. Smooth
01-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Nice...Thanks! Both places sound just right. Just wondering if you have any plans to visit again around the May timeframe? I read that there is a pension visa available too for expats.

I have no time off scheduled in May. I am booked for the DR in March and September and possibly in July, but the July airfares are scary right now. ($995 on AA; SF-POP, WTF??) I might give Jamaica another go instead as it is a lot cheaper to fly there with slightly better connections. I do plan on going back to Pattaya in December for 3 weeks.

As I understand it, (someone correct me if I am wrong) if you are 50 years old or more, you are eligible for a retirement visa in Thailand providing you can prove the necessary income required. Having one of those allows you to stay in country without having to make a visa run to Cambo, the PI, or some other country. You just need to report every 90 days to the immigration office with your proper documentation and that should be it.

Kevy
01-28-2012, 10:39 PM

depends on what you are looking for but some types of shirts they can have up to XXXXXL, which one guy needed on some polo shirts in Mike's mall in Pattaya. Sizes are strange there and you always need to try things on.

Rubicon
01-29-2012, 06:42 AM
depends on what you are looking for but some types of shirts they can have up to XXXXXL, which one guy needed on some polo shirts in Mike's mall in Pattaya. Sizes are strange there and you always need to try things on.

You gotta be f'ing kidding me. I can still picture in my mind walking in to Mike's mall from the Second Rd entrance and spending an hour walking around there with the dame who I was with in my Koh Samui TR. They actually had some nice button down shirts I would have liked to have bought, but they were just too small.

Oh well, I'll keep it in mind for the next trip, whenever that might be. :iconTU:

whynotme
01-29-2012, 12:17 PM
You gotta be f'ing kidding me.
, but they were just too small :iconTU:

kevy has a lot of patience
he finds one cute seller and tells her the sizes he needs to get and she runs all over the mall bringing him back stacks and stacks of shirts for him to pick thru:iconTU::rofl:

Kevy
01-29-2012, 12:21 PM
You gotta be f'ing kidding me. I can still picture in my mind walking in to Mike's mall from the Second Rd entrance and spending an hour walking around there with the dame who I was with in my Koh Samui TR. They actually had some nice button down shirts I would have liked to have bought, but they were just too small.

Oh well, I'll keep it in mind for the next trip, whenever that might be. :iconTU:

he finds one cute seller and tells her the sizes he needs to get and she runs all over the mall bringing him back stacks and stacks of shirts for him to pick thru:iconTU::rofl:

it was another guy, he wanted certain types of shirts some they had in XXXXXL others not. so he got some but sizes are strange some an XL will fit others I have are XXL.:rolleyes:

whynotme
01-29-2012, 12:25 PM

it was another guy, he wanted certain types of shirts some they had in XXXXXL others not. so he got some but sizes are strange some an XL will fit others I have are XXL.:rolleyes:

(i didnt mean they were for you:corky:)
ya i am a 'little' bigger than you:wink: and at home i need a xxl but in thailand i need to start asking for sizes at the xxxl mark:rofl:

Rubicon
01-29-2012, 12:40 PM

Hell, I am never that lucky. I always get the idiots who want to show me shit that they know I can't wear but still spend 30 minutes trying to convince me the items fit. :mad:

kitie carson
01-29-2012, 04:29 PM
(i didnt mean they were for you:corky:)
ya i am a 'little' bigger than you:wink: and at home i need a xxl but in thailand i need to start asking for sizes at the xxxl mark:rofl:

a few weeks ago i went to this huge night market in Jomtien beach and found this great deal on"designer"boxers. I mean Ck,emporium,and a few others, 5 pair for $250. i thought ,hell yeah, if they only have my size..

American i can do XL, so i look and they have XXXL,XXXXL...i look at them and think yes i struck gold...took the XXXL home and yes they fit, but not like boxers should, more like tighty tighty whities and i do mean tight!!!!!

but hey , at least i'm stylish....:lol:

Kevy
01-29-2012, 04:33 PM
a few weeks ago i went to this huge night market in Jomtien beach and found this great deal on"designer"boxers. I mean Ck,emporium,and a few others, 5 pair for $250. i thought ,hell yeah, if they only have my size..

American i can do XL, so i look and they have XXXL,XXXXL...i look at them and think yes i struck gold...took the XXXL home and yes they fit, but not like boxers should, more like tighty tighty whities and i do mean tight!!!!!

I normally do XXL on those 250 for 5 is a good deal, usually 100 each.:iconTU:

Rubicon
01-29-2012, 06:25 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: The same experience I had with shorts and shirts. I ended up taking about 12 sets down to POP on my last trip and gave the shit away.

Hunter
01-29-2012, 06:30 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: The same experience I had with shorts and shirts. I ended up taking about 12 sets down to POP on my last trip and gave the shit away.

I gave up buying clothes overseas a long time ago. Most of the shirts are crap and shrink first wash. And sourveneers suck too....chinsy crap :lol:

Rubicon
01-29-2012, 06:57 PM
Hunter, I don't know what the problem is but everytime you post your avatar shows up as the picture below, and it shows so large on my screen that I have to scroll across to see the whole picture.

Jimmy, is this possibly due to the work that Don Tomas is doing on the site, or am I the only one who is seeing this?

Jimmydr
01-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Hunter, I don't know what the problem is but everytime you post your avatar shows up as the picture below, and it shows so large on my screen that I have to scroll across to see the whole picture.

Jimmy, is this possibly due to the work that Don Tomas is doing on the site, or am I the only one who is seeing this?

Mine is fine.

Hunter
01-29-2012, 07:09 PM

I checked my avatar and it doesnt show this pic. strange. I turn off avatars myself.

Rubicon
01-29-2012, 07:13 PM
I checked my avatar and it doesnt show this pic. strange. I turn off avatars myself.

It's still showing with your last post. In fact, I looked at your profile and it shows it as your avatar. :confused::confused: I don't know what the hell happened but that's strange.

Kevy
01-29-2012, 07:16 PM
I noticed the avatars are bigger, but not like Rubicon describes, just a little bigger.

The clothes I have been buying for the most part have been good. maybe I don't have expensive tastes like you guys:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hunter
01-29-2012, 07:21 PM
I noticed the avatars are bigger, but not like Rubicon describes, just a little bigger.

The clothes I have been buying for the most part have been good. maybe I don't have expensive tastes like you guys:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My avatar is the guy with the gun right KEvy?

Rubicons drinking

Kevy
01-29-2012, 07:24 PM

Rubicons drinking
yeah the guy with the gun, like a good american.:smile:

Rubicon
01-29-2012, 07:31 PM

Rubicons drinking

Aaahhhhh, somehow I got rid of it. And, no, no drinking. Haven't had a drink since New Year's Eve. Hmmm, maybe that's the problem.

Fucking great. Now I don't see anyone's avatar, including my own.

kitie carson
01-30-2012, 01:57 AM
I normally do XXL on those 250 for 5 is a good deal, usually 100 each.:iconTU:

You do have a much slimmer figure than i do..:):mrgreen::corky::p

whynotme
01-30-2012, 07:13 AM
. Now I don't see anyone's avatar, including my own.

you must have went into your settings and turned off the avatars.

i leave then on as its easier for me to know who i am talking too, i have a hard time remembering names but pics are a different thing especially for the guys i havent met

Rubicon
01-30-2012, 05:50 PM
you must have went into your settings and turned off the avatars.

i leave then on as its easier for me to know who i am talking too, i have a hard time remembering names but pics are a different thing especially for the guys i havent met

Yes, I did, but decided to change it back.

Fulltanman
01-30-2012, 08:51 PM

The only downside?

>>> That's a tough question . . . . I took a few visits to Thailand between 2002 - 07, I think 10 in all. My first visit was in 95, then again in 98 . . . . That was my spot for vacation every April for 10 days, then again in August for about 3 weeks . . . Only went to Pattaya once, in 95, and its was okay, too much traffic, and the beach is really only so so . . . I realy enjoyed Phuket, and Koh Samui . . . . Plus I made sure I went to check out the north, Chiang Mai, Nong Kai, I've also enjoyed Koh Chang (very much), and Koh Samet as well. . . . And there are plenty of chicas in those places to keep a man busy day n night. . . And, yes, I never had or seen the same chica twice in any of those spots.

My first trip to the DR, Sosua, was in July of 2010, and I have been there 4 times since. This late March/early April will be trip number 5 . . . So obviously I've enyoyed my trip there too . . .

Observations: I think Thai chicas that I ve been with were pretty much sweethearts, no drama at all, they stayed as long as I wanted them to, when I said okay, goodbye, they left with no arguments. They loved showing me around during the day, and also loved to cook too . . . And I love those fine, tight, little bodies, they love to hop on top and go to town, like little energizer bunnies. I don't think I ever paid more 1000 baht for an TLN, more like 500 baht for ST (I'm trying to remember, too many long nites) . . . Great food, cheap, cheap beers . . cheap lodging. I've never paid more than $60 for an ocean front bungalow, or anywhere outside of Bangkok.... The DR, I'm a new-bee, so I'm still learning the ropes there. . . . Dominicana's, well fine as hell, and all different flavors too, but many of them, too much drama, and I don't have time for drama on my vacations . .. Like I said, fine as hell, great bodies, great dancers, they can move those hips,mmmm . . . . Food is good, drinks, love Presidente's . . . I guess for me, if you eliminate the drama from the Dominicana's, well, then for me . . . that would be heaven . . . Sosua, See ya in 9 weeks

el_papi_chew_low
01-20-2013, 09:40 PM
I love Dominican women and the culture. That being said, I don't think you can compare Sosua to Pattaya. I enjoyed Pattaya a hundred times more. Much more stuff to do, IMO. Better overall service in just about every area as well.

kris boog
01-20-2013, 11:01 PM
[Both places are good. But the airfare cost and the distance make Pattaya a place where you need a much longer time to make it worthwhile, at least 15 days minimum. Sosua, due to proximity from most everywhere in the US, a week can be enough time to do what you came for.

I love em both.[/QUOTE]

If I could only get away for 6 days, from NYC so 2 in the air and 4 on the ground. Would the trip to Pattaya be worth it? I have never been, but have been hearing great things for years. Due to my situation at home, I can't really get away any longer than that.

kitie carson
01-20-2013, 11:04 PM
[/QUOTE]

If I could only get away for 6 days, from NYC so 2 in the air and 4 on the ground. Would the trip to Pattaya be worth it? I have never been, but have been hearing great things for years. Due to my situation at home, I can't really get away any longer than that.[/QUOTE]

It will take your body that long just to switch to Pattaya time...BUT anytime in Pattaya is a great time..

el_papi_chew_low
01-20-2013, 11:16 PM
If I could only get away for 6 days, from NYC so 2 in the air and 4 on the ground. Would the trip to Pattaya be worth it? I have never been, but have been hearing great things for years. Due to my situation at home, I can't really get away any longer than that. I know a guy that went for 4 days because he had such a bad itch after returning from a trip there about a month earlier. Personally, it would be torture given the cost and travel time for just 3-4 days ... but it would be a hell of an experience.

kris boog
01-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Hmmm. Sounds like 6 days is really too short, but I'm still very tempted because I can't foresee an opportunity to go for a longer period anytime soon.

My only other question is that I believe there are a good amount of ladyboys there. I have read on Pattaya Addicts that the most beautiful and sexy "girls" are frequently boys. When in Pattaya, how concerned are you about meeting a girl that's really a boy.

I now there are a few in Sosua, but they are easily identified and not that many in numbers. I would hate to be in Pattaya and be worrying whether every girl is actually a girl.

deezl
01-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Hmmm. Sounds like 6 days is really too short, but I'm still very tempted because I can't foresee an opportunity to go for a longer period anytime soon.

My only other question is that I believe there are a good amount of ladyboys there. I have read on Pattaya Addicts that the most beautiful and sexy "girls" are frequently boys. When in Pattaya, how concerned are you about meeting a girl that's really a boy.

I now there are a few in Sosua, but they are easily identified and not that many in numbers. I would hate to be in Pattaya and be worrying whether every girl is actually a girl.

taller. no hips. big hands. big feet. deeper voice. adam's apple (though not always), more aggressive/overly 'feminine' in their demeanor... penis is usually a dead giveaway.

i've heard that you can ask them and they're generally forthcoming and no one will be insulted as long as you ask in a polite manner

when in doubt, pass. there are 39,999 others waiting for your baht.

Hunter
01-21-2013, 09:47 PM
taller. no hips. big hands. big feet. deeper voice. adam's apple (though not always), more aggressive/overly 'feminine' in their demeanor... penis is usually a dead giveaway.

i've heard that you can ask them and they're generally forthcoming and no one will be insulted as long as you ask in a polite manner

when in doubt, pass. there are 39,999 others waiting for your baht.

Also if you barfine from a gogo you are pretty safe. They generally do not have ladyboys in gogos.

onetosix
02-17-2013, 12:22 PM
I love Dominican women and the culture. That being said, I don't think you can compare Sosua to Pattaya. I enjoyed Pattaya a hundred times more. Much more stuff to do, IMO. Better overall service in just about every area as well.

Well said. I lived in the DR(Sosua) for several years(until January 2012) but now live in Pattaya. No place is perfect, and there are pluses and minuses anywhere one goes on the planet. I have mongered in every country of Europe, almost every state in the USA, Colombia, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Philippines(lived in Cebu City), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Thailand. I've had great times in every single place....but guess where I live now.....PATTAYA!! I am 100% free to be anywhere on the planet at any time I wish.....but Pattaya is now my home and I love it. I realize that it is "different strokes for different folks" and Asia isn't for everyone, but it sure puts a smile on MY face. El_papi_chew_low's quote above sums it up just about perfectly. You can't compare Sosua with Pattaya....it's not apples and apples, or even close to that. Is there fun to be had in both places?....of course! For me...everywhere is fun, but when all the variables and factors are weighed together, I find Asia in general and Thailand and Philippines in particular the best and most fun places to be in the world at the present time.

BrooklynBeas
02-17-2013, 12:35 PM

I wish I had that problem... That's a nice pic! Unfortunately, I see Hunter's hunter, dude with the gun, but if I can change it to the hottie full size pic, I would do it.... lol

Seville
02-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Well said. I lived in the DR(Sosua) for several years(until January 2012) but now live in Pattaya. No place is perfect, and there are pluses and minuses anywhere one goes on the planet. I have mongered in every country of Europe, almost every state in the USA, Colombia, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Philippines(lived in Cebu City), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Thailand. I've had great times in every single place....but guess where I live now.....PATTAYA!! I am 100% free to be anywhere on the planet at any time I wish.....but Pattaya is now my home and I love it. I realize that it is "different strokes for different folks" and Asia isn't for everyone, but it sure puts a smile on MY face. El_papi_chew_low's quote above sums it up just about perfectly. You can't compare Sosua with Pattaya....it's not apples and apples, or even close to that. Is there fun to be had in both places?....of course! For me...everywhere is fun, but when all the variables and factors are weighed together, I find Asia in general and Thailand and Philippines in particular the best and most fun places to be in the world at the present time.

You are a slut.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kevy
02-17-2013, 02:46 PM

same here, I will stick to a couple of places, but will always check out a new one once and a while to see the difference.

whynotme
02-17-2013, 06:48 PM
I wish I had that problem... That's a nice pic! Unfortunately, I see Hunter's hunter, dude with the gun, but if I can change it to the hottie full size pic, I would do it.... lol

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=37927&d=1327444386

onetosix
02-17-2013, 09:03 PM
You are a slut.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've lived a very sheltered life.....what's a slut? Was your girl last night from Soi 7 restaurant a slut??

Hunter
02-17-2013, 10:00 PM

I see you said you lived in Cebu City? As Robert seems like he is more interested in PI then LOS....

What were the pluses and minuses living in Cebu City?

I thought it was just a spread out ugly city but only spent 5 days there so dont really know it.

Pana
02-28-2013, 12:06 AM
I told you that you would love Pattaya. What sets Pattaya apart from other mongering destinations is that there is more things to do besides mongering and that is why it is pound for pound the best mongering destination I have have been to!
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/Panabklyn/owenswink.gif

tom48
03-11-2013, 12:17 AM

Last year I flew out of southwest Florida to Manila Dec 19th and returned home Christmas day. So in reality I arrived Dec 20th at 1130pm and did not hit Rogues bar in Makati until 2AM Dec 21st, then spent the weekend in Subic, and left for the airport Dec 25th at 3AM. I was back at work Dec 26th.

I think that from New York to Bkk and then taxi to Pattaya would be similar times. If 6 days is the only way to do it, then do it. If you can fly out on a Friday and somehow get both weekends to party, that would be best. On some of my Asia trips I have only spent a week in Thailand, and a week in Cambodia, and a week in the Phils; as part of a longer trip.

Dont worry about the ladyboys either. Good luck!

whynotme
03-11-2013, 07:23 AM
If 6 days is the only way to do it, then do it. If you can fly out on a Friday and somehow get both weekends to party, that would be best.

i have done many 8 day to 14 day trips and find the 10 day ones the best and like you say any trip no matter how short is worth the effort:corky:

Westy
03-11-2013, 09:14 AM
I have no time off scheduled in May. I am booked for the DR in March and September and possibly in July, but the July airfares are scary right now. ($995 on AA; SF-POP, WTF??) I might give Jamaica another go instead as it is a lot cheaper to fly there with slightly better connections. I do plan on going back to Pattaya in December for 3 weeks.

As I understand it, (someone correct me if I am wrong) if you are 50 years old or more, you are eligible for a retirement visa in Thailand providing you can prove the necessary income required. Having one of those allows you to stay in country without having to make a visa run to Cambo, the PI, or some other country. You just need to report every 90 days to the immigration office with your proper documentation and that should be it.

According to the latest edition of The Sovereign Society's The Passport Book ... no. Or, at any rate, not easily.

Thailand restricts immigration to only 100 permanent residents per year, for each country of origin. There may be some 'special treatment' for retirement-age applicants, but the surest thing is to invest 10 million baht in the Thai economy for at least three years. (And again, refer back to that 100-farangs-per-year-per-country restriction.)

Now, Malaysia, OTOH, has a program to attract foreign residents, 'Malaysia My Second Home.' And they ranked #3 on this year's International Living Retirement Index ... after Ecuador and Panama, and above Mexico ... just sayin'. And I haven't heard anything here about mongering in Malaysia (haven't looked for it!) but Penang and Kuala Lumpur are just south of the Land Of Smiles.

onetosix
03-16-2013, 02:56 PM
I told you that you would love Pattaya. What sets Pattaya apart from other mongering destinations is that there is more things to do besides mongering and that is why it is pound for pound the best mongering destination I have have been to!
Click to see pic (http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/Panabklyn/owenswink.gif)

Agree with your analysis.....but it's still different strokes for different folks....there are some that don't really "dig" Pattaya....but for me, everywhere is GOOD!! There is fun to be had everywhere. In the end though one has to kind of have some sort of home base from which to travel. For myself, when one puts ALL of the various considerations of a place to live into "the hopper", Asia in general and Thailand/Philippines in particular float MY boat the highest. Later this year I'll be in Kenya, England, DR, Colombia, Ecuador, USA and then right back to Thailand(Pattaya/Bangkok/Chiang Mai)/Philippines.
Life is GOOD!!!

onetosix
03-16-2013, 03:51 PM
I see you said you lived in Cebu City? As Robert seems like he is more interested in PI then LOS....

What were the pluses and minuses living in Cebu City?

I thought it was just a spread out ugly city but only spent 5 days there so dont really know it.

I really enjoyed living in Cebu City for a number of reasons, but primarily I guess it comes down to the great sweet very inexpensive pussy that's available there once one learns how to go about finding/accessing it. I don't see Cebu as a good place to visit for a short stay on a vacation trip. As you mentioned, it is kind of spread out and if you just come into town it takes a bit of learning where to go to find things. It isn't concentrated pussy like AC or Pattaya. Getting around in the city is confusing for a while in my opinion.....but once one learns "the ropes" there, there is more than initially meets the eye. I loved living in the downtown old city with all the hubbub and old Philippine buildings and streets. Up on the hill away from downtown is the beautiful Taoist Temple and gardens...a great place to go and be peaceful for a while. The old Fort San Pedro/park by the waterfront is very interesting, the big outdoor produce markets, Magellan's Cross, the beautiful Ayala Mall and SM Mall(loaded with fine Pinay pussy). There are many massage venues in Cebu which I like and found many girls willing to visit my residence after/before work. Some bars, clubs, discos etc are available too if that's one's thing. There are a number of casa type places in Cebu and on Mactan Island, but one will never find them without assistance. They are hidden away so to speak and don't have names.

The centralized location of Cebu City within the Philippine Islands is good too. Easy to travel to many of the other islands from there by both plane and boat....Bohol, Negros, Mindanao, etc. The cost of living is about the same as Pattaya overall.

For me the downside of PI is that the infrastructure is not as good as in Thailand. Things are more convenient in Thailand and the general quality of things is better as well as cleaner.....but I still love the PI and will be returning from time to time as I like how sweet the women are and laid back and friendly the people in general are. A beautiful country!! For a mongering trip to PI with somewhat limited time, the infamous Angeles City is the simplest and easiest place to enjoy Pinay pussy. Maybe Makati area in Manila could be considered too. Some guys like going to Subic Bay and Olongapo too I guess, but nothing matches AC for concentrated Pinay pussy.

onetosix
03-16-2013, 04:22 PM
According to the latest edition of The Sovereign Society's The Passport Book ... no. Or, at any rate, not easily.

Thailand restricts immigration to only 100 permanent residents per year, for each country of origin. There may be some 'special treatment' for retirement-age applicants, but the surest thing is to invest 10 million baht in the Thai economy for at least three years. (And again, refer back to that 100-farangs-per-year-per-country restriction.)

Now, Malaysia, OTOH, has a program to attract foreign residents, 'Malaysia My Second Home.' And they ranked #3 on this year's International Living Retirement Index ... after Ecuador and Panama, and above Mexico ... just sayin'. And I haven't heard anything here about mongering in Malaysia (haven't looked for it!) but Penang and Kuala Lumpur are just south of the Land Of Smiles.

Mr Smooth is correct about the one year retirement visa which is different than becoming a "resident" in a country as Westy is talking about.....two entirely different things.

I am living in Thailand now on a one year retirement visa. As Mr Smooth said, if you are 50 y.o. and have income of 65,000 baht$2,100 US) income per month you can easily obtain a one year retirement visa here in Thailand at any immigration office...there are a number of them in the cities all over Thailand. I obtained mine right here in Pattaya in a matter of just an hour or two and at a cost of about 3,900 baht($130 US). The only paper I needed from the American embassy was the sheet of paper that stated that my income was 65,000 baht or more. YOU fill in a few blanks on a single sheet of paper stating what your income is. They don't ask for any kind of verification at all. You fill in the sheet yourself and hand it to them...there are no questions asked. This is very easily obtained from the American embassy at a cost of $50 US. They notarize the letter for you and you go to the Thai immigration office with this income letter(they call it an affidavit) and fill out two easy Thai forms, hand this to them with the 3900 baht. They put your one year visa in your passport and away you go....all set for one year. Yes, you do have to go to any immigration office in Thailand every 90 days to verify your address....easy, no cost, and takes about 10 minutes...just did it earlier this week. This stuff isn't complicated. Once you have this one year retirement visa there are no boarder runs or hassles necessary to stay in "the kingdom" for 12 months. If you want to leave the country to travel during the 12 months you go to the immigration office again and get what they call a "re-entry" permit...that way your 12 month retirement visa stays in effect as you go out and back into the country...easy!

Mr. Smooth
03-17-2013, 12:08 AM
I get shit right every once in a while. :corky:

zenophon
03-17-2013, 05:57 AM
i have done many 8 day to 14 day trips and find the 10 day ones the best and like you say any trip no matter how short is worth the effort:corky:

Sosua is so much closer to the East Coast. Also, language is less than a challenge.

Hunter
03-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Agree with your analysis.....but it's still different strokes for different folks....there are some that don't really "dig" Pattaya....but for me, everywhere is GOOD!! There is fun to be had everywhere. In the end though one has to kind of have some sort of home base from which to travel. For myself, when one puts ALL of the various considerations of a place to live into "the hopper", Asia in general and Thailand/Philippines in particular float MY boat the highest. Later this year I'll be in Kenya, England, DR, Colombia, Ecuador, USA and then right back to Thailand(Pattaya/Bangkok/Chiang Mai)/Philippines.
Life is GOOD!!!

Haha...your buddy Robert :wink:

Yeah I think one thing I learned from the monger boards is you have to experience places for yourself to determine if its for you. You can read until your blue in the face how great some place is then get there and its not for you.

Yeah I think Cebu could be good if you got to know it like you. There sure are a ton of internet girls there. And if you lived there and had to the time to weed through them you could get some gems. Allie got a smoker their and took her to Boracay.

I am trying to get over to Kenya later this year. maybe see you there :lol:

Westy
03-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Mr Smooth is correct about the one year retirement visa which is different than becoming a "resident" in a country as Westy is talking about.....two entirely different things.

I am living in Thailand now on a one year retirement visa. As Mr Smooth said, if you are 50 y.o. and have income of 65,000 baht$2,100 US) income per month you can easily obtain a one year retirement visa here in Thailand at any immigration office...there are a number of them in the cities all over Thailand. I obtained mine right here in Pattaya in a matter of just an hour or two and at a cost of about 3,900 baht($130 US). The only paper I needed from the American embassy was the sheet of paper that stated that my income was 65,000 baht or more. YOU fill in a few blanks on a single sheet of paper stating what your income is. They don't ask for any kind of verification at all. You fill in the sheet yourself and hand it to them...there are no questions asked. This is very easily obtained from the American embassy at a cost of $50 US. They notarize the letter for you and you go to the Thai immigration office with this income letter(they call it an affidavit) and fill out two easy Thai forms, hand this to them with the 3900 baht. They put your one year visa in your passport and away you go....all set for one year. Yes, you do have to go to any immigration office in Thailand every 90 days to verify your address....easy, no cost, and takes about 10 minutes...just did it earlier this week. This stuff isn't complicated. Once you have this one year retirement visa there are no boarder runs or hassles necessary to stay in "the kingdom" for 12 months. If you want to leave the country to travel during the 12 months you go to the immigration office again and get what they call a "re-entry" permit...that way your 12 month retirement visa stays in effect as you go out and back into the country...easy!

Yes, I see ... and the US Embassy in Bangkok confirms it (http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/thai-visas-for-americans.html).

To amplify that, here's the Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay) (http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22O-A%22-(Long-Stay).html)info page from Thailand's Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

That makes things much more reasonable, not to mention much more tempting (to me, too!)

onetosix
03-22-2013, 12:01 PM

Agreed. Good food can be had in the DR alright, but Thai food is definitely better and significantly cheaper with vastly more options to select from. I eat out a lot here in Thailand but also cook in my place frequently as well. Buying groceries(especially fruits and vegetables) is cheaper than in the DR and the quality and abundance here in Thailand is far superior to the DR.

onetosix
03-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Haha...your buddy Robert :wink:

Yeah I think one thing I learned from the monger boards is you have to experience places for yourself to determine if its for you. You can read until your blue in the face how great some place is then get there and its not for you.

Yeah I think Cebu could be good if you got to know it like you. There sure are a ton of internet girls there. And if you lived there and had to the time to weed through them you could get some gems. Allie got a smoker their and took her to Boracay.

I am trying to get over to Kenya later this year. maybe see you there :lol:

Yes, while it is important and necessary to do some research and learning before going to a place, the reality is always different. There are a lot of really hot girls in Cebu. One has to walk around and explore the smaller streets which takes time....they aren't concentrated, but are diluted all around. There are a fair number of readily available girls in Ayala and SM Malls. Nice airconditioned places to sit with some food/drink and watch/wait for some fine Pinay pussy to stroll by looking to make some extra PI Pesos for the family. Usually about 500 pesos($12.50) does the trick for a ST back at the ranch. Also as you say, there are hundreds of girls on the various Asian websites trolling for foreign guys. Some guys are really into this venue for finding girls. I have several friends that enjoy this method and that spend a lot of time doing this and making arrangements for meetings....the actual % of success however is very low but slightly better than the lottery. Sometimes one "strikes gold", but for me it involves too much time and effort for the acquired results. I like to go hunting for them in the flesh.

onetosix
03-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Yes, I see ... and the US Embassy in Bangkok confirms it (http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/thai-visas-for-americans.html).

To amplify that, here's the Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay) (http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22O-A%22-(Long-Stay).html)info page from Thailand's Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

That makes things much more reasonable, not to mention much more tempting (to me, too!)

One often hears that they should get the "retirement" visa(also known as the Non-Immigrant Type O-A Visa)in their home country before coming to Thailand. One can do it that way for sure, but it's a lot more hassle doing it that way. In my opinion, the best way to get the retirement visa is to get a 60 day Thailand Tourist Visa in your home country or any other country where there is a Thai embassy or consulate. It is much easier to get the/a 60 day Thai Tourist Visa than the one year retirement visa outside of Thailand. Enter Thailand with your 60 day Tourist Visa and then this visa is easily convertible to the one year retirement visa at the Thai embassy in Bangkok or at any immigration center throughout Thailand...I did mine right here in Pattaya where I live. Easy. If you try to get the retirement visa in your home country they require you to get a medical statement from a doctor and a police statement/letter that you don't have any criminal history, etc. You don't have to provide these items to get the 60 day Tourist Visa. This saves you a lot of time, expense, and hassles. Once you are inside Thailand with your 60 day Tourist Visa and you go to the embassy in Bangkok or any immigration office throughout Thailand you don't have to give them any of this bothersome paperwork(medical/police). All they want from you once you are in the country with your 60 day Tourist Visa is the affidavit/letter of income from the American Embassy and a couple of forms that you fill out right at the immigration office(easy)and about 3900 baht. You get your one year retirement visa and away you go. I obtained my 60 day Tourist Visa at the Thai consulate in Cebu City, PI. It cost me about $25. I flew to Thailand and then converted the 60 day Tourist Visa to my one year Retirement Visa. Don't know if this sounds complicated or not, but it's actually not difficult.

SeaWeed
03-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Also as you say, there are hundreds of girls on the various Asian websites trolling for foreign guys. Some guys are really into this venue for finding girls. I have several friends that enjoy this method and that spend a lot of time doing this and making arrangements for meetings....the actual % of success however is very low but slightly better than the lottery. Sometimes one "strikes gold", but for me it involves too much time and effort for the acquired results. I like to go hunting for them in the flesh.
mi concur......on the other side of the coin....the gurls say their actual % of success is very low too on the dating websites....
but for some gurls that live far away from the places to hook up with guys.....it gives them a shooting chance to get a date
personally mi been doing a balance of the two on the J island...getting dates off of Tagged and POF....and then dating ones I just meet around
but for a guy that is only going to be somewhere only a week or two....the effort online is almost too much work to just have sex
you are usually way better off just picking a hottie Pro and running with it.........
picking some of these gurls from the dating sites is really hit and miss......
a few won't have sex when you meet.....which kinda defeats the purpose for us mongers.......
which can end up as a wasted night or day........which we can't really afford when our time is so limited in paradise

el_papi_chew_low
10-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I always have a great time in Sosua, but I would put Pattaya and even Medellin over Sosua because I find a lot more to do in these other places. Sosua is a good spot for newbies and quick hits.

continentalmike
10-25-2013, 03:37 AM
From what I heard - Thailand beats the DR in all things except one and that is a personal preference...so why do I not go to Thailand?

For me its simple; I will always return to the Latin girls as for me they are simply what rocks my boat - I started off with a Surinam beauty and have almost exclusively had girls/women of color... we just hit it off spiritually and fysically.. apart from a few Indonesian girls (home-grown here) that were tall and had big titties and a nice ass, the Asian pheno-type has not really attracted my permanent interest ... sure they give good service but it's just not entirely the same..

Rubicon
10-25-2013, 04:19 AM
I will always return to the Latin girls as for me they are simply what rocks my boat....... we just hit it off spiritually and fysically.........the Asian pheno-type has not really attracted my permanent interest........ sure they give good service but it's just not entirely the same..

I agree. For me it's a matter of comparing the relative passivity (GFE?) of the Asian girls to the fiery passion of the Latinas. My preference is for the latter.

Tingtong
10-25-2013, 04:32 AM
Nothing like Soi6 parties in Sosua :corky:

Westy
10-25-2013, 11:47 AM

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=86519&d=1382715963

Soon as I get back to Sosua, I'm going to hit the reef at Three Rocks for some coral-bleach to get that image out of my eyes.

Hunter
10-25-2013, 12:00 PM

Looks like Jayman and El Drunko :lol:

Mr. Smooth
10-26-2013, 05:19 AM
I agree. For me it's a matter of comparing the relative passivity (GFE?) of the Asian girls to the fiery passion of the Latinas. My preference is for the latter.

It's nice that we can travel all over the planet to endulge in all of our preferences, whatever they may be!

bkg
10-26-2013, 08:44 AM
If I could only get away for 6 days, from NYC so 2 in the air and 4 on the ground. Would the trip to Pattaya be worth it? I have never been, but have been hearing great things for years. Due to my situation at home, I can't really get away any longer than that.

I'm a hardened traveller and wouldn't think of doing a NA trip to Thailand (or SE) for only 4 days. The place is completely different from Sosua and a lot of fun (assuming you like Asian....) but that'd be a tough trip.

I went to Sosua for the first time this year precisely because I was starting to look for locations closer to home to engage in my hobby.

Jimmydr
10-26-2013, 09:08 AM

Some ugly ladyboys.

porno frank
01-29-2014, 10:00 PM
which place is cheaper to do your monger activities.

Tingtong
01-30-2014, 12:49 AM
which place is cheaper to do your monger activities.

AC vs Pattaya vs Sosua...I spend about same...only difference cheaper air fare to DR

And yes I have more fun in SEA than DR only because I don`t speak any spanish

Smokey
02-11-2014, 01:35 AM
It's a toss up between AC or pattaya for my next trip

Tingtong
02-11-2014, 04:15 AM
It's a toss up between AC or pattaya for my next trip

I did both last november and had a blast. If I have to chose between two it would be Pattaya

Magick
02-16-2014, 03:41 AM
It's been a long time fellas. Just saying "Hey".

I have done the DR thang (thanks to ISOC) and I loved it but I have yet to indulge in Pattaya. I hear the women in pattaya are shaped like lil boys and i'm not into that look but I may check it out.

deezl
02-16-2014, 12:15 PM
It's been a long time fellas. Just saying "Hey".

I have done the DR thang (thanks to ISOC) and I loved it but I have yet to indulge in Pattaya. I hear the women in pattaya are shaped like lil boys and i'm not into that look but I may check it out.

some are more 'boyish' than others.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Westy
02-16-2014, 12:42 PM
some are more 'boyish' than others.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I saw what you did there. Tsk, tsk, tsk. :rolleyes2:

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw decades ago in Playboy. The caption is enough, I'm sure ...

"Before you buy that drink, Tex, you ought to know this is a gay bar, and that little filly is a little stallion in drag."

questner
02-16-2014, 10:55 PM
This year I have been to both places. Range of observed prices are from 400 baht to 5,500 baht. Overall Pattaya is more expensive for the same traveller however offers greater quality of life. Everything is easily available, and it is safer by a huge margin.

Yes, I asked many times 'Are you a boy or a girl'? As for now for myself it matters. For others it's 'Up to you'.

In 12 days in Patts I have seen only one African American. Expensive venues still serve mostly to Japanese and Korean customers. Some hotels are completely booked by Chinese. 95% of tourist print advertising is in Russian.

Out of 10 girls in SOS. none took it up the ass, in Patts - 2 volunteered, here you go :)

Sosua is a big version of a paradise and Pattaya is a small version of hell. In long term in the greater scheme of things the difference does not matter. One can and have to be happy and content in both of them.

el_papi_chew_low
08-23-2014, 02:04 PM
In 12 days in Patts I have seen only one African American. That is a pretty big difference.

Do you think Sosua has a larger percentage of mongers that travel there looking for an actual girl friend or wife than other monger destinations?

questner
08-24-2014, 01:11 AM
That is a pretty big difference.

Do you think Sosua has a larger percentage of mongers that travel there looking for an actual girl friend or wife than other monger destinations?

Let's put it this way, many look for Thai or Filipina wife as a vehicle for residency or real estate purchase on her name. There is no need for it in Dom Rep. Filipinas are renowned for making good wives, Thai girls are not. As for your question, I don't know the answer, at least I can admit it.

Pana
08-24-2014, 03:33 PM
There has been a decline in African Americans who travel to Thailand because contracting has dried up in the Middle East for US companies. The Average American no matter what color he is will not go to Thailand because of the time and distance it takes to get here. Overall Americans are a small percentage who to Thailand from what I have seen 3 years going there.

In 12 days in Patts I have seen only one African American. Expensive venues still serve mostly to Japanese and Korean customers. Some hotels are completely booked by Chinese. 95% of tourist print advertising is in Russian.

Señor JDR of Medellin
08-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Let's put it this way, many look for Thai or Filipina wife as a vehicle for residency or real estate purchase on her name. There is no need for it in Dom Rep. Filipinas are renowned for making good wives, Thai girls are not. As for your question, I don't know the answer, at least I can admit it.

The Filipinas in all my offices go from 80 pounds to 200 in about 12 years.

Shogun Warrior
08-25-2014, 04:02 PM
"There has been a decline in African Americans who travel to Thailand because contracting has dried up in the Middle East for US companies. The Average American no matter what color he is --will not go to Thailand because of the time and distance it takes to get here. Overall Americans are a small percentage who go to Thailand from what I have seen 3 years going there."

All of the friends that I made (black & white) were in fact working in the Middle East and the employer will pay a set amount of money (or all of it) for a round trip ticket to a R & R site of their choosing about every 3 months. If they don't go back to the US, their pay is 100% tax free up to a certain amount. I had friends that I would always see at the exact same hotel for 5 years straight. Others, I would see at the same dance clubs & bars. Damn I miss Thailand!!

btls101
08-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Sosua !!!

Westy
08-21-2016, 05:33 PM
Headed to Pattaya in December.

Not just Pattaya. A couple of days in Bangkok, a few in Siem Reap (Angkor Wat), and a week in Phuket -- then​ Pattaya.

tonymd
08-22-2016, 10:22 AM
It's on my bucket list to make a trip to Bangkok

Jimmydr
08-22-2016, 07:31 PM
It's on my bucket list to make a trip to Bangkok

Just go during one of the Invasions.

tonymd
08-22-2016, 10:18 PM
Just go during one of the Invasions.
I will keep my eye open for the next invasion.

Happyhorn
08-23-2016, 11:41 AM
Headed to Pattaya in December.

Not just Pattaya. A couple of days in Bangkok, a few in Siem Reap (Angkor Wat), and a week in Phuket -- then​ Pattaya.

Over how many days?
I did it Pattaya (10 days) + Phuket (6 days) + Bangkok (5 days)

Jimmydr
08-23-2016, 07:18 PM
I will keep my eye open for the next invasion.

We just had one to Negril.

whynotme
08-23-2016, 07:28 PM
We just had one to Negril.

and next week is Germany

tonymd
08-23-2016, 07:28 PM
I have heard so much about Thailand, that I have got to get there one day.

Jimmydr
08-23-2016, 08:14 PM
I have heard so much about Thailand, that I have got to get there one day.

A trip with a group is "AWESOME"

tonymd
08-23-2016, 08:19 PM
A trip with a group is "AWESOME"

I have a trusty wingman, the big groups tend to have at least one a-hole

Jimmydr
08-23-2016, 08:25 PM
I have a trusty wingman, the big groups tend to have at least one a-hole

Got to have one so we can all have someone to pick on.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Westy
08-25-2016, 10:56 AM
Over how many days?
I did it Pattaya (10 days) + Phuket (6 days) + Bangkok (5 days)

It's not exactly going to be a whirlwind trip, save for the first couple of days in Bangkok while I'm re-setting my inner clock.

Arriving BKK Dec 2nd near midnight. Two days there.

Flying to Siem Reap before lunchtime Monday, Dec 5th. 3 1/2 days of sightseeing - this is a Bucket List destination.

Return to BKK Friday Morning, Dec 9th, then fly on to Phuket. Stay there 7 nights, with 5 days of diving and one day to off-gas ...

Fly back to BKK Dec 16 and grab a cab or a bus to Pattaya. Staying 6 nights, then an oh-dark-thirty cab ride to BKK to catch my flight home Dec 22nd.

Happyhorn
08-25-2016, 02:02 PM
That's a good itinerary. I thought about adding Siem Reap, then decided it made more sense to do Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand in a 2nd trip at a later date.

Westy
08-25-2016, 02:26 PM
That's a good itinerary. I thought about adding Siem Reap, then decided it made more sense to do Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand in a 2nd trip at a later date.

This is my second trip. Here's my report of my first. (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?430007-12-2014-Westy-s-Cherry-Trip-to-the-Land-Of-Smiles&p=1326275#post1326275)

Jimmydr
08-26-2016, 09:12 AM
This is my second trip. Here's my report of my first. (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?430007-12-2014-Westy-s-Cherry-Trip-to-the-Land-Of-Smiles&p=1326275#post1326275)

My second should be in 2018.

tarzan
08-26-2016, 11:23 AM

Share dude, share. I've got those places on my radar, and I've seen tickets from Newark under $700 to Vietnam.

Jimmydr
08-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Share dude, share. I've got those places on my radar, and I've seen tickets from Newark under $700 to Vietnam.

I too want to hit those spots