PDA

View Full Version : price special from canadian airports

questner
12-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Ticket alert for Canadians, only today December 19, 2011:

http://www.sunquestvacations.ca/advent2011.asp

$99 + tax flights

January 8 to March 31, 2011 on destinations to Dom Rep Puerto Plata, Samana, La Romana), Colombia (Cartagena), Cuba (Varadero), Aruba, Mexico (Cancun), Jamaica and also Costa Rica (likely Liberia) and Bahamas (Nassau)

Flights 3,4, 7 and 14 nights

Booked 2 weeks to Cartagena:biggrin:

TNT72
12-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Ticket alert for Canadians, only today December 19, 2011:

http://www.sunquestvacations.ca/advent2011.asp

$99 + tax flights

January 8 to March 31, 2011 on destinations to Dom Rep Puerto Plata, Samana, La Romana), Colombia (Cartagena), Cuba (Varadero), Aruba, Mexico (Cancun), Jamaica and also Costa Rica (likely Liberia) and Bahamas (Nassau)

Flights 3,4, 7 and 14 nights

Booked 2 weeks to Cartagena:biggrin:

DAMN!!!! I just pulled up on mapquest to find out how far Toronto is from here!

It's 5 hours away:mad::mad:

michel3275
12-19-2011, 08:56 PM
DAMN!!!! I just pulled up on mapquest to find out how far Toronto is from here!

It's 5 hours away:mad::mad:

its almost the same when you travel from La Capital to Sosua...........you can do it :smile:

Kevy
12-19-2011, 08:59 PM
473 to cartagena is the cheapest I have ever seen. Too bad I booked already.

TNT72
12-19-2011, 09:14 PM
its almost the same when you travel from La Capital to Sosua...........you can do it :smile:

I don't have to do the driving from Santo Domingo to Sosua!

DAMN..............when did I get so lazy???????

deezl
12-19-2011, 09:16 PM
checked for some buddies in Toronto...

$374 in taxes in fees to POP?

That's horseshit.

Checked the same itinerary via other airlines and it should be half that. $185.

Still a very nice total price for direct flights to POP from YYZ, but I don't see how deceptive pricing like that is legal. Couldn't even find a breakdown of what the 'taxes & fees' actually are.

TNT72
12-19-2011, 09:19 PM

I just reread the original post. I'm already down for Jan-Feb. I can't do it again in 2012, like I did in 2011. My New Years resolution is to only make 4 trips this year, not 6!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

michel3275
12-19-2011, 09:30 PM
I just reread the original post. I'm already down for Jan-Feb. I can't do it again in 2012, like I did in 2011. My New Years resolution is to only make 4 trips this year, not 6!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I wasnt supose to go before end of january or february. Going next week. Plans never work in this hobby.

Kevy
12-19-2011, 10:11 PM
checked for some buddies in Toronto...

$374 in taxes in fees to POP?

That's horseshit.

Checked the same itinerary via other airlines and it should be half that. $185.

Still a very nice total price for direct flights to POP from YYZ, but I don't see how deceptive pricing like that is legal. Couldn't even find a breakdown of what the 'taxes & fees' actually are.

Same high taxes for cartagena. i guess they want to do this until the new disclosure on prices rules kick in.

questner
12-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Here in Canada there are fares plus taxes, fees and fuel surcharges combined. In my opinion fuel surcharges have to be added to fares for ticket transparency and to eliminate cartel agreements. Charters have lower fare prices but higher fuel surcharges. Regular airlines have higher fares and lower fuel surcharges. At the same time regular carriers manipulate fuel surcharges. Example: Air Canada and Westjet (both regular airlines) may have different fares to Varadero and different fuel surcharges (! yes, just ask how it is possible), so combined ticket prices are the same: the game is rigged. Moreover, days of the week are divided between airlines. Example: charter airlines will fly each on a particular day of the week with regular airlines offering flights to the same destination on days when there were no charters. Guess what, on days when there are no Canadian airlines, AA will be the best bet. My example works very good for YYZ-POP.
Recently Air Transat posted that fewer passengers were making advanced ticket purchases. To me it means only one thing: advanced tickets have to be sold at a discount.

questner
12-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Today and tomorrow December 23, 2011:
15% on all flights on Air Canada. Read about the codes on the front page - NOEL15 or NOELPLUS15 and then book from the front home page(!).

Also use this one for 1 week searches on charters to your sun locations:

http://www.itravel2000.com/PriceCalendarFlight_Sun.aspx

manofsteele69
01-04-2012, 08:18 PM
I grabbed my ticket from march 2-16, 2012 for $473.00 taxes in. Thanks Deez!!!!