PDA

View Full Version : Canadian millionaire stabbed in robbery in Dominican Republic

Vincent Vega
02-04-2007, 09:03 AM
A Quebec lottery winner lost a finger when robbed in the Dominican Republic on Thursday but on Friday he said he still considers himself a lucky man.
Pierre Basque, a resident of Jonquiere, Que., won $5 million in Loto-Quebec's Celebration lottery in January.

This week, he was vacationing in the Dominican Republic, spending some of his winnings, when he was jumped at about 11 p.m. Thursday by robbers carrying machetes.
They hacked off one of his fingers and stabbed him in the back.
Basque said from a hospital bed in the resort of Bávaro, near Punta Cana, that it could have been worse.
"If they had hit my wrist instead of my finger, they would have cut off my hand. And the doctors said I already nearly died from loss of blood," he said in French.
Basque said he was with some friends he had met on the flight to the Caribbean country when he was attacked. They had gone to a bar, then for a walk, when the robbers emerged from a wooded area.
A Quebec lottery winner lost a finger when robbed in the Dominican Republic on Thursday but on Friday he said he still considers himself a lucky man.
Pierre Basque, a resident of Jonquiere, Que., won $5 million in Loto-Quebec's Celebration lottery in January.

This week, he was vacationing in the Dominican Republic, spending some of his winnings, when he was jumped at about 11 p.m. Thursday by robbers carrying machetes.
They hacked off one of his fingers and stabbed him in the back.
Basque said from a hospital bed in the resort of Bávaro, near Punta Cana, that it could have been worse.
"If they had hit my wrist instead of my finger, they would have cut off my hand. And the doctors said I already nearly died from loss of blood," he said in French.
Basque said he was with some friends he had met on the flight to the Caribbean country when he was attacked. They had gone to a bar, then for a walk, when the robbers emerged from a wooded area.

"I managed to kick one of them in the face," he said.
But he said the other stabbed him in the back. Basque fled for his life, running to a nearby tennis court, where he collapsed. From there, he called an ambulance himself.
Basque said he thinks the men who attacked him did not know he had just won millions.

But he said he had taken a taxi several times, carried large sums of money on his person, and wore new gold chains and a watch he had bought with his winnings, so he was not exactly hiding his new wealth.

STUPID, STUPID FUCK, some people are just looking for troubles.

Hemp
02-04-2007, 09:24 AM
another case of mofo's going to the 3rd world and getting caught SLIPPING!!!

like i always say around here...i dont know why mutha fukas wanna ice skate up hill.

guttaman
02-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Wrong place at the wrong time. Best to walk in groups at night.

Rocky
02-04-2007, 12:02 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/rockybar/nouveau-riche4.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/rockybar/130147922_7ac7d8945d55.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/rockybar/132598545_4a6f72b1bf_m.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/rockybar/kitten-gun.jpg

SJG
02-04-2007, 01:53 PM
New reality show: "Who wants to be a stupid Canadian Millionaire?"

RearWindow
02-04-2007, 04:30 PM
New reality show: "Who wants to be a stupid Canadian Millionaire?" Where do I sign up, eh? I'm already ahead of the game with one of the descriptive words in that title...

Cheeno
02-18-2007, 07:33 PM
A rich guy who carries large sums of money, new gold chains, and watches is like adding more fuel to a fire.

What an idiot. He's lucky to be alive.

the_Jayman
02-18-2007, 07:35 PM
I haven't seen Apos all day . . . FUCK ! ! !

donde esta ? ? ?

Apos
02-18-2007, 07:52 PM
cońo!:p
I haven't seen Apos all day . . . FUCK ! ! !

donde esta ? ? ?if i had his money you'd never know it...except that i'd always be where it was warm and has beautiful chicas.:corky::rofl: