PDA

View Full Version : Yeni Berenice Reynoso is new National District prosecutor

NewsWhore
01-02-2012, 03:00 PM
The highly respected Santiago prosecutor, Yeni Berenice Reynoso, has been promoted to National District prosecutor. She replaces Alejandro Moscoso Segarra who was promoted to serve as a judge in the Supreme Court of Justice.

Reynoso's appointment was announced on 29 December by Attorney General Radhames Jimenez Pena. Luisa Liranzo was appointed as her temporary replacement, until a selection process is called for the formal designation. "Believe me I am more than aware of the great challenge that the Public Ministry has placed in my hands. I am not making promises. I prefer that my actions speak to society and the Public Ministry. I prefer that my actions speak more than words," she said upon being sworn in. "Then the team of the Prosecutor Office of the National District can be sure that they will have someone who will not have working hours. I say that crime does not have working hours, that criminals do not have working hours and the prosecutor should not have working hours either," said the prosecutor.

On 29 December, Prosecutor Radhames Jimenez also swore in the new director of prosecution of the Public Ministry, Juan Amado Cedano Santana, who previously served as the prosecutor general of the Court of Appeals of the National District. Cedano replaces Frank Soto, who was appointed judge of the Supreme Court of Justice.

The prosecutor general also appointed Rodolfo Espineira Ceballos as second alternate for the Prosecutor General. This post was previously held by Frank Soto.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#4)