PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Tropical------------- AVOID

Sidney
01-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Rip-off DR food at a 50% premium.Across the street from Pleyero!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ezsmile
01-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Never been in, but I was meaning to....sometime. :smile::smile:

Jimmydr
01-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Rip-off DR food at a 50% premium.Across the street from Pleyero!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I always look at the menu to see what the prices are first.

JD426
01-08-2012, 12:29 PM
You mean the place on the corner ,as you make the turn down Rosen coming off 5, would be on your right side ?

Sidney
01-09-2012, 09:38 AM
The prices and selections are a secret. You pay whatever they ask for.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sidney
01-09-2012, 09:40 AM
You mean the place on the corner ,as you make the turn down Rosen coming off 5, would be on your right side ?
No. Across from Pleyero.

whynotme
01-09-2012, 09:43 AM

oh well if i had your baD LUCK EXPERIENCES I WOULDNT HAVE ANY GOOD ONES TO REPORT ON:rofl::rofl::rofl:

oh ya this is my year to be tacctful:rofl::rofl::rofl:

praguealchemist
01-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Let's be fair and not just negaive here. The prices are clear in their menu and they have a take-out menu as well. I found some prices actually less expensive than places on P.C. For example the price for a glass of wine was 100 pesos and new york cheesecake 90 pesos and key lime pie 60. A cup of coffee is 30 pesos, tea 40 and cappucino 65. Their macho nachos are 150 pesos and include chicken, beans, pico de gallo, cheddar cheese, guacamole and sour cream. An example of sandwich prices is a 95 peso ham and cheese sandwich. Please be more specific if you are going to trash an establishment-frankly generalities are useless and may mislead. With the above examples of pricing, at least people can make their own informed decision as to whether the place is or is not overpriced-cheers p.s. the above prices come from a menu I was allowed to take home two days ago.

Seville
01-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Let's be fair and not just negaive here. The prices are clear in their menu and they have a take-out menu as well. I found some prices actually less expensive than places on P.C. For example the price for a glass of wine was 100 pesos and new york cheesecake 90 pesos and key lime pie 60. A cup of coffee is 30 pesos, tea 40 and cappucino 65. Their macho nachos are 150 pesos and include chicken, beans, pico de gallo, cheddar cheese, guacamole and sour cream. An example of sandwich prices is a 95 peso ham and cheese sandwich. Please be more specific if you are going to trash an establishment-frankly generalities are useless and may mislead. With the above examples of pricing, at least people can make their own informed decision as to whether the place is or is not overpriced-cheers p.s. the above prices come from a menu I was allowed to take home two days ago.

You don't understand. Everything just plain sucks for Sidney. Everything is bad. Once you know that you know how to read his posts.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kevy
01-09-2012, 12:44 PM
You don't understand. Everything just plain sucks for Sidney. Everything is bad. Once you know that you know how to read his posts.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Exactly, he is our ray of sunshine around here:-)

Jimmydr
01-09-2012, 12:47 PM
The prices and selections are a secret. You pay whatever they ask for.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I guess you may be the only one that plays, guess the price.

Jimmydr
01-09-2012, 12:49 PM

I don't know why he stays in DR if its his worst place ever.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sidney
01-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Actually, my life is great. It is hombres' like you, that wish to cause, denigrate, and create, the continue the illusion of negativity! Why? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Maybe it helps you to feel superior?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

TC
01-09-2012, 02:09 PM

Are you referring to restaurants or chicas?

TC
01-09-2012, 02:10 PM

Agreed. I didnīt see one comment (good, bad or otherwise) about the food. Some of us consider that important when evaluating a restaurant.

Si_Poppi
01-09-2012, 02:20 PM
So you order something when you have no idea what you are ordering or how much it costs. :rofl:

Sidney
01-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Agreed. I didnīt see one comment (good, bad or otherwise) about the food. Some of us consider that important when evaluating a restaurant.
Exactly. The important things are to ''knock'' the well meaning messenger and opinionate without ever eating there!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Btw, the DR food is just average. And every time, the bill has been 200+pesos for the DR food at the counter.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Seville
01-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Actually, my life is great. It is hombres' like you, that wish to cause, denigrate, and create, the continue the illusion of negativity! Why? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Maybe it helps you to feel superior?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually I don't need to do that to feel superior. I just feel that way naturally.:wink: I don't doubt for a minute that your life is great, but no one would ever know that from the nature of your posts.:biggrin::biggrin:

Seville
01-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Exactly. The important things are to ''knock'' the well meaning messenger and opinionate without ever eating there!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Btw, the DR food is just average. And every time, the bill has been 200+pesos for the DR food at the counter.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have eaten there on several occasions. The food is fine, nothing great. The question I have is if you dislike the place so much why do you keep going back???:confused::confused::confused:

gdogg
01-09-2012, 04:17 PM

To be fair Sidney, your first post didn't give any details or why the place sucks.

eastcoastallstar
01-09-2012, 04:20 PM
To be fair Sidney, your first post didn't give any details or why the place sucks.

Hey Gdog, He said it sucks, so it does...why? Because, that's why.

eastcoastallstar
01-09-2012, 04:21 PM
:mad: <<This should be Syd's avi.

TC
01-10-2012, 01:10 PM
So you order something when you have no idea what you are ordering or how much it costs. :rofl:

Exactly. Donīt order the chefīs surprise. And donīt expect it to taste like chicken. And mostly, those arenīt raisins.

naptime
01-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Are you referring to restaurants or chicas?

for jimmy there is no difference :D

MrHappy
01-11-2012, 01:06 PM

Then you get what you deserve. Ever been to Boca Chica?

Anybody that orders without knowing prices has got to have a few loose screws.

Sorry for the new, big guy!

JD426
01-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Then you get what you deserve.
Ever been to Boca Chica?

Anybody that orders without knowing prices has got to have a few loose screws

Sorry for the new, big guy!

Haha,
Our group did exactly that on like our very first year together.
8 guys, we only had like 10-12 Presidente beers tops, and 2 mixed drinks, I had 1 beer ...we had just walked the beach and decided to take a dip, and have some cold ones in this little SHIT hole of a place. Sun started going down and we decide to go back to the Hotel.
Freaking bill comes and its over $80 US ( $10 each, one guy didnt even drink) ... LOL
and This is when a TLN's were $40 US.
We laughed at the guy and told him, "you do realize now , 8 of us are here the whole week and not coming back to this place", they didnt care , that was the price and they were not budging. Always looking for that quick score..
it was a good lesson. But you right Boca chica is notorious for this shit..
Didnt TNT40's cousin just say they pulled the same shit on him in Cabarete ie no prices on the menu & then a whopper of a bill ?
Maybe they getting desperate all over ..

Sidney
01-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Haha,
8 guys, we only had like 10-12 Presidente beers tops, and 2 mixed drinks, I had 1 beer ...we had just walked the beach and decided to take a dip, and have some cold ones in this little SHIT hole of a place. Sun started going down and we decide to go back to the Hotel.
Freaking bill comes and its over $80 US ( $10 each, one guy didnt even drink) ... LOL
We laughed at the guy and told him, "you do realize now , 8 of us are here the whole week and not coming back to this place", they didnt care , that was the price and they were not budging. Always looking for that quick score..
Didnt TNT40's cousin just say they pulled the same shit on him in Cabarete ie no prices on the menu & then a whopper of a bill ?
When the cash register chica gave me the bill, I was astonished,refused the food, and told her to ''stick it''!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Please, let this thread die. I promise to never write a restaurant report again!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
01-11-2012, 05:34 PM
oh, poor Sidney.
u know its gonna take a LONG time for the Illuminati to erase that slanderous shit under your screen name.
Trust me , I know.
LOL

Jimmydr
01-11-2012, 05:35 PM
oh, poor Sidney.
u know its gonna take a LONG time for the Illuminati to erase that slanderous shit under your screen name.
Trust me , I know.
LOL

He put it there, not me.

MrHappy
01-12-2012, 06:14 AM
Haha,

Boca Chica has always been like that. The same thing happened to me back in the seventies, the first time I went.

That's when Boca Chica was the beach of choice for most Santo Domingo residents. Crazy crowds every weekend.

Man, are those days gone!!

SeaWeed
01-12-2012, 11:12 AM
so $200 pesos every time you go der eh.......sounds expensive
mi don't think mi ever spent that much for lunch in Sosua......
but then mi eat a light lunch........cause mi usually have a good size breakfast