PDA

View Full Version : El Caucho in Jan 2012

Festy
01-20-2012, 01:01 PM
I spent two days at El Caucho in early January this year. Overall I like the hotel. The staff was very friendly. Rooms were inexpensive (around $35 I think, Yayow may remember better than me). About a 10-15 minute walk to the main section of Duarte, easy walk during the day but I would recommend a motoconcho to do that run at night as there are several places for quick attacks/robberies to take place.

The hotel itself is very quiet if not a bit secluded from the street scene. The rooms are small but efficient enough. Water pressure as well as hot water was a challenge so those that like to shower with your chicas...not a very good situation. Hot water seems to be a problem in about half the hotels I visit in the D.R. The BEST hot water/water pressure I found is still at Hotel Don Antonio in Sosua. Not sure if they had a restaurant or not so I can not comment on the food/service if they did offer it.

GOOD: Location (quiet/secluded), Price, Friendliness or Staff, Chica Friendly, Colmado on corner of block for convenience.

BAD: Hot Water/Water Pressure, a bit of a walk to the action of Duarte (not an issue if you prefer a quiet location, a personal preference thing), Rooms are a little small and a little worn, Pool needed cleaning (but then again I rarely use the pool).

Overall Festy Grade: B

yayow
01-20-2012, 04:57 PM
They do have a restuarant but only open during the day, I guess if you want a later meal you can tell them during the day, and they would stay open later for you. I go there to relax as it is around the corner from my apartment, plus an added perk for me, is that I have fucked three of their staff :iconTU: (not all still working there, two still work there I think), but then again I can say that about quite a few places :rofl::rofl::rofl:

el toro
03-23-2012, 01:49 AM
This is real cool spot. I like the bar set up, the rooms seem to have a very private kind of hideout feel just from seeing them.

The pool area looks like something you'd find at a resort.

el toro
06-06-2012, 10:42 PM
After just returning from BC and staying at El Caucho I can say that the bar area is cool and as I said it seems like a nice laid back place. And it is/was a great place to throw the party.

The day of the party the water pump was broke and therefore we had no water to shower, flush, etc...This was an issue for a day and a half off and on. I shaved my fuckin head in the pool because it was time and the only option. As originally noted above, there is no hot water--how did I overlook that???

Two cool things about El Caucho: 1. The bartenders will fuck--some are more attractive than others, but all look pretty decent. 2. Some cool Dominicanas live there and yes they will fuck you too.

The hotel does seem far as shit from the beach and strip to me. I walked it several times, but at night wouldn't think of it--you can't see shit at night for much of the distance to the strip. I thank God that the motos know the streets so well because I'd be dead trying to ride a bike with all the bumps and pot holes that you can't see at night.

I would visit and drink there, but would not stay there again. The initial vibe was right to some degree, but you really just can't tell sometimes until you stay somewhere. I'm sure you'll read a lot in upcoming reports about it.

yayow
06-06-2012, 11:12 PM
After just returning from BC and staying at El Caucho I can say that the bar area is cool and as I said it seems like a nice laid back place. And it is/was a great place to throw the party.The day of the party the water pump was broke and therefore we had no water to shower, flush, etc...This was an issue for a day and a half off and on. I shaved my fuckin head in the pool because it was time and the only option. As originally noted above, there is no hot water--how did I overlook that???Two cool things about El Caucho: 1. The bartenders will fuck--some are more attractive than others, but all look pretty decent. 2. Some cool Dominicanas live there and yes they will fuck you too.The hotel does seem far as shit from the beach and strip to me. I walked it several times, but at night wouldn't think of it--you can't see shit at night for much of the distance to the strip. I thank God that the motos know the streets so well because I'd be dead trying to ride a bike with all the bumps and pot holes that you can't see at night.I would visit and drink there, but would not stay there again. The initial vibe was right to some degree, but you really just can't tell sometimes until you stay somewhere. I'm sure you'll read a lot in upcoming reports about it.I would agree with most of what he said here but not all of it. Very friendly and fuckable bar staff, I should know fucked a few of them the past months. Disappointed with their problems hopefully they will get those problems fixed, so it an improve their rep. Disagree that it is far from the beach only down the hill a block0and a half, of course a long beach depends what part of it u want. A long walk to the strip, no doubt about it about 10 mins. Is dark if likes not working right but I walk it on occasion. Of course I can drive it in a minute and a half, as far as motos, that's the reasonm they hjave them for when folks dopn't want to walk

BorisDaBulletDodger
06-07-2012, 01:17 AM
http://www.bocachicabeach.net/map.html
I made the mistake of using this map and made a mistake of thinking this place was right by the park, where it was actually the church according to the key. I just made a retarded mistake. The key and location is correct and as you can see it is out the way.

I agree the place is a great place to throw a party, but overall not a good place to stay. I had a personal disaster which I will get into later in my report where the staff took a large sum of money from me which I am partially responsible for letting it happen.

I am in no means a difficult customer, but will list

Looking at it objectively though the issues I had

IMO and call me lazy the location is not within my reason. I like to be close to the action and prefer places like NG, TL and even Rockys. If I need to take a dump real quick, at least I won't have to take a moto back, in fact I have never taken a moto before until being forced to at this hotel.
No water issues, I have accepted issues with hot water before, but no water is unacceptable. The worse part is when the water would come back on, a very foul odor would come from the faucet or shower. Many times I was not able to flush either.
The laundry service was terrible, and I am not talking about when they took my money. The actually quality of the wash and dry. The towels didn't feel clean and had some kind of tough residue on them after washing. I bought 4 tanks which I blew throw the first 2 days and asked them to wash it, and the clothes came back with lint and other debris stains from other towels etc and actually made the clothes look worse. All the lint came out when I washed my clothes in the US.
The wifi only works in the front bar area, no where else.
I am not sure if breakfast is included which wasn't an issue,, and I would not of eaten there anyway after the conditions of other areas, but there is no where to eat breakfast of lunch besides the chicken stand around the corner. I had to walk 15-20 minutes to the Duarte to grab a bite to eat.
The safe, at least in my room was an older one bolted in the back of the closet, which was uncomfortable to get to. The key was tough to insert, and unlock all the way. To tell you the truth it can be opened easily with a screwdriver.
The whole place is backed up by generator, but if you are in the bar area, the noise and fumes are overwhelming. Me and greydread were nervous about blowing up the place with cigarettes.
They ruined one of my favorite pair of shorts, because they painted all the outdoor furniture the day before the party which apparently did not dry all the way.
That being said, it was a great spot for a party, but I would never, ever stay there again, but would get a room there if there was another great party like the past one for fucking purposes only.

Tingtong
06-07-2012, 06:44 PM
http://www.bocachicabeach.net/map.html
I made the mistake of using this map and made a mistake of thinking this place was right by the park, where it was actually the church according to the key. I just made a retarded mistake. The key and location is correct and as you can see it is out the way.

I agree the place is a great place to throw a party, but overall not a good place to stay. I had a personal disaster which I will get into later in my report where the staff took a large sum of money from me which I am partially responsible for letting it happen.

I am in no means a difficult customer, but will list

Looking at it objectively though the issues I had

IMO and call me lazy the location is not within my reason. I like to be close to the action and prefer places like NG, TL and even Rockys. If I need to take a dump real quick, at least I won't have to take a moto back, in fact I have never taken a moto before until being forced to at this hotel.
No water issues, I have accepted issues with hot water before, but no water is unacceptable. The worse part is when the water would come back on, a very foul odor would come from the faucet or shower. Many times I was not able to flush either.
The laundry service was terrible, and I am not talking about when they took my money. The actually quality of the wash and dry. The towels didn't feel clean and had some kind of tough residue on them after washing. I bought 4 tanks which I blew throw the first 2 days and asked them to wash it, and the clothes came back with lint and other debris stains from other towels etc and actually made the clothes look worse. All the lint came out when I washed my clothes in the US.
The wifi only works in the front bar area, no where else.
I am not sure if breakfast is included which wasn't an issue,, and I would of eaten there anyway after the conditions of other areas, but there is no where to eat breakfast of lunch besides the chicken stand around the corner. I had to walk 15-20 minutes to the Duarte to grab a bite to eat.
The safe, at least in my room was an older one bolted in the back of the closet, which was uncomfortable to get to. The key was tough to insert, and unlock all the way. To tell you the truth it can be opened easily with a screwdriver.
The whole place is backed up by generator, but if you are in the bar area, the noise and fumes are overwhelming. Me and greydread were nervous about blowing up the place with cigarettes.
They ruined one of my favorite pair of shorts, because they painted all the outdoor furniture the day before the party which apparently did not dry all the way.

That being said, it was a great spot for a party, but I would never, ever stay there again, but would get a room there if there was another great party like the past one for fucking purposes only.

Oh shit I already booked my first 5 days in Caucho. I will obviously have to look for alternatives

BorisDaBulletDodger
06-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Oh shit I already booked my first 5 days in Caucho. I will obviously have to look for alternatives

Upon arrival they asked if I wanted to prepay part of the bill, so I gave a $100 towards the balance which also was overcharged by 1 night., but I am not sure who this guy was. I was staying Wed to Sunday and he kept saying 5 days and I said 4 noches. Anyway I just wanted to check in and would discuss with the Chantel later. I checked out after the first 2, and they gave me a hard time about giving the money back. They eventually would give the money back eventually but it was a hassle, especially after what happened.

So don't prepay, not sure what would of happened if there was no party and I was by myself with these people

Tingtong
06-07-2012, 11:07 PM
I am thinking about ether El Candil or Costa Lunga.
El Candil standard rooms have no AC unless you take one bedroom apartment ($58).
Someone said there is noise issue with Costa Lunga and no wi-fi but it was long time ago.
Any updates?