PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Europa in Boca Chica

Festy
01-20-2012, 01:15 PM
I stay 2 days at Hotel Europa at the end of December 2011. The hotel has a fantastic location but really dropped the ball during my stay. Shower didnt work the first night which we didnt discover until the morning but they were able to move us to another room but the young guy that was manning the desk was a somewhat rude with the whole request of a working shower. We changed rooms, showered then went out to check out the area and meet up with Yayow.

Later that night we went back to the hotel only to find NO towels in our room. I went down to the front desk which was now manned by an older gentleman. He indicated the towels were all locked up in the laundry room but he would try to make a call to get a key to grab us a couple of towels. We went up to the room and a few minutes later he called to tell us we couldnt get towels until the morning. Without much choice we crashed out leaving the towel dilemma until morning. About 9am I went downstairs and was met by a younger receptionist that had a bit of a shitty attitude the day before (it was New Years Eve so maybe he was pissed that he was working that day, who knows). He met me at the bottom of the stairs and without so much as a "HOLA or GOOD MORNING" he greets me with the one word question "COMPLAINT?" I answered, "We need towels as there are none in our room since yesterday". He answered "We have no towels sir, the washing machine broke yesterday". He started being kind of a dick again so I figured it wasn't worth talking to him much more. Not sure how many guests were without towels that day but what fucked up timing for New Years Day. A few hours later we checked out....he didnt offer a single word. No apology, no offer to discount the remaining nights of our stay OR even to confirm that we would have towels or not. We packed up our shit and moved out.

GOOD: Price ($40 night), Location (right in the middle of the action), Room Size.

BAD: No Towels, Poor water pressure, limited hot water, Poor WiFI, Restaurant Quality was Poor, Service, Unfriendly Staff, Rooms were a bit worn, Noisy area (the tradeoff for the great location).

Overall Festy Grade: D- (never again)

el toro
01-20-2012, 02:32 PM
I like the price and location of this place. I'm good with a ceiling fan in March. Any info. on this place?

Casa Coco
809-523-4409
809-523-4216/fax
25-35/night. No air. 2 blocks from beach. Restaurant, pool, bar.
A popular breakfast spot.
American owned and operated.

(http://www.bocachicabeach.net/images/hotels/casa_coco_building2.jpg)

yayow
01-20-2012, 05:03 PM
I like the price and location of this place. I'm good with a ceiling fan in March. Any info. on this place?

Casa Coco
809-523-4409
809-523-4216/fax
25-35/night. No air. 2 blocks from beach. Restaurant, pool, bar.
A popular breakfast spot.
American owned and operated.

(http://www.bocachicabeach.net/images/hotels/casa_coco_building2.jpg)

Actually got plenty of info on this place, including pictures, but I never posted them as someone on the site pissed me off, I didn't feel like sharing at that time, maybe I will try and find the info again and then post it. Also it is across the street from a 24 hour casa.

lazy_monger
01-20-2012, 05:08 PM
I can handle the lack of talent, compared to Sosua, in Boca Chica but my biggest problem is the lack of decent hotels so far. For instance, El Candil, which is rated as one on of the better hotels on many sites, leaves a lot to be desired. While you get an apartment size room, the bed is small and hard and the pillows haven't been changed in ages. Also, the hot water was sporadic. It amazes me that they spent money to gut and renovate my room but put the same old crap back in there. For the same price, I can get a much better room in Sosua. Most places, it is nice when the chica wants to stay until you are ready for them to leave but with the crappy bed and pillows at this place, I rather they just leave. Unless it is my last night, the morning session isn't worth the lack the of sleep. I rather just bang a 1000 pesos chica for a couple of hours and send her on her way.

el toro
01-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Actually got plenty of info on this place, including pictures, but I never posted them as someone on the site pissed me off, I didn't feel like sharing at that time, maybe I will try and find the info again and then post it. Also it is across the street from a 24 hour casa.

I prefer the freelance way of getting mine usually, but this is good to know just in case. You're on time as always. Any more info you wish to share is much appreciated.

yayow
01-20-2012, 05:15 PM
I can handle the lack of talent, compared to Sosua, in Boca Chica but my biggest problem is the lack of decent hotels so far. For instance, El Candil, which is rated as one on of the better hotels on many sites, leaves a lot to be desired. While you get an apartment size room, the bed is small and hard and the pillows haven't been changed in ages. Also, the hot water was sporadic. It amazes me that they spent money to gut and renovate my room but put the same old crap back in there. For the same price, I can get a much better room in Sosua. Most places, it is nice when the chica wants to stay until you are ready for them to leave but with the crappy bed and pillows at this place, I rather they just leave. Unless it is my last night, the morning session isn't worth the lack the of sleep. I rather just bang a 1000 pesos chica for a couple of hours and send her on her way.

There are a few nicer places but you got to know where they are, plus most guys want to be closer to the strip and beach for the purposes of hunting, most places closest to those locations are older, and therefore somewhat worn down, there are plenty of newer places and other places instead of two blocks from the strip would be 4 - 6 blocks from the strip, there have been an influx of dollars in Boca, but they can't get on the beach of strip area, as those that have had them for years aren't selling. If you do use one of the places a little further away it would be suggested that you moto it at night, I personally think you would be fine walking, as I haven't heard of too many problems, and I see plenty of foreigners walking around at night, but generally they are in groups, and they know the area, if you don't it is better to be safe than sorry.

Sidney
01-20-2012, 05:19 PM
No mas Europa. One night and out!:mad:

gdogg
01-20-2012, 06:14 PM
If only you had asked about Europa here before you stayed there. They were hit and miss during their heyday, and customer service sucked even then. I'm surprised that they are still in business.

psriches
01-20-2012, 06:21 PM
If only you had asked about Europa here before you stayed there. They were hit and miss during their heyday, and customer service sucked even then. I'm surprised that they are still in business.Yeah, research is key. I haven't seen a positive rating of this place in almost 4 years. No one stays here anymore.

Kevy
01-20-2012, 06:27 PM
He is talking about the Eurpoa in Boca Chica, not sosua.

SeaWeed
01-20-2012, 06:48 PM
it was THE place to stay for mongers about 10-15 years ago in Boca........
good free breakfast, decent and clean, though a likkle hit and miss........
compared to other places at that time is was a likkle better.......
when I stayed there it was loaded up with mongers........
think it was like $30 for a standard room.......and $50 with a waterview
guess the couple that were running it are no longer there........times change

psriches
01-20-2012, 07:07 PM
He is talking about the Eurpoa in Boca Chica, not sosua.Yes, i went in there last year and the place is run down. And it's been run down for years now. I stayed down the street/around the corner at Hotel Astoria.

lazy_monger
01-20-2012, 08:02 PM
I walk around at night all the time so that is not a problem. Where are these nicer places? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I don't mind BC but I would love a nice bed.

There are a few nicer places but you got to know where they are, plus most guys want to be closer to the strip and beach for the purposes of hunting, most places closest to those locations are older, and therefore somewhat worn down, there are plenty of newer places and other places instead of two blocks from the strip would be 4 - 6 blocks from the strip, there have been an influx of dollars in Boca, but they can't get on the beach of strip area, as those that have had them for years aren't selling. If you do use one of the places a little further away it would be suggested that you moto it at night, I personally think you would be fine walking, as I haven't heard of too many problems, and I see plenty of foreigners walking around at night, but generally they are in groups, and they know the area, if you don't it is better to be safe than sorry.

yayow
01-20-2012, 08:40 PM
I walk around at night all the time so that is not a problem. Where are these nicer places? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I don't mind BC but I would love a nice bed.

I know where they are, I will take a few pics, and get the info and post a few.

jimrock187
01-20-2012, 11:53 PM
I stayed at the Europa my first time in Sosua.. The water pressure sucked, there was always power outtages, and someone stole my bathing suit from the balcony.. I left my trunks out to dry in the sun while we went out to eat..

They never change the sheets, they will redo your bed with the same sheets.

Never again.. the other only plus about the spot was the bbq chicken spot across the street but now they are gone now.

ezsmile
08-31-2023, 05:30 PM
August 2023
you might be able to stay there for free now....but would you want to?

edit: there is a thread (now closed) that says this place shut down in 2012) that is 9 years ago, basically on Boca Chica waterfront.