PDA

View Full Version : Problems booking a room at Hotel D'piero

Longstroke
02-09-2012, 06:50 AM
I have sent two e-mails to this hotel about the dates that I need and have not gotten a response to either one, when I called I got a girl who spoke broken English and did not understand me, told me to call back another day. Anybody else have trouble booking there? or have a suggestion for a two bedroom suite for me and my cousin/wing man, our virgin trip is one month out.

hugrad95a
02-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Did you go through the website. Yes Piero has a young lady that works for him. I have had not problems booking a room.

davemaryland
02-09-2012, 07:59 AM
I too never had any problems with Piero getting back to me. A day or 2 thats all.
contact@hotelpierososua.com (http://mail.live.com/?rru=compose%3faction%3dcompose%26to%3dcontact%40hotelpierososua.com&ru=https%3a%2f%2fprofile.live.com%2fcid-aef64a9438fc8a92%2fdetails%2f%3fcontactId%3dd07c42fb-4ba7-4663-ba21-710ff1be84eb%26ru%3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fby159w.bay159.mail.live.com%2Fmail%2FContactMainLight.aspx%3Fn%3D77041940)

LJDMV
02-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Sometimes it takes a couple days for him to reply to email now. The girl there does not understand english well at all.. She is usually the one on the computer there most of the day.

gdogg
02-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Just shoot a message to Mike Lodge (duh!). If he can't hook you up, no one can.
:wink::iconTU:

TNT72
02-09-2012, 02:33 PM
:wink::iconTU:

Yep, just PM MikeLodge. He'l be sure you get a room booked, and make sure any discounts you should get are applied to his name.

thunderstar
02-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Yep, just PM MikeLodge. He'l be sure you get a room booked, and make sure any discounts you should get are applied to his name.

raflmfao! :rofl::rofl:

Mr. Smooth
02-09-2012, 04:16 PM

Not only that, but Mike will give you a power point seminar on the time and distance it takes to walk to Classicos, the beach or Playero versus having your own rental car. The total square footage of the bathroom in relation to the cost per night over the shitter size at the New Garden, and the temperature variation of the hot tub vis a vis the moon alignment with Jupiter and Mars.

He also thinks the yolks in the eggs at Piero's are bigger than at Rockys!

mikelodge
02-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Not only that, but Mike will give you a power point seminar on the time and distance it takes to walk to Classicos, the beach or Playero versus having your own rental car. The total square footage of the bathroom in relation to the cost per night over the shitter size at the New Garden, and the temperature variation of the hot tub vis a vis the moon alignment with Jupiter and Mars.

He also thinks the yolks in the eggs at Piero's are bigger than at Rockys!

Nah the yolks are probably smaller but they are included in the full hot breakfast that is fully included in the price of the room along with the airport pickup and the AC that isn't extra $$$ :rofl: :mrgreen: :wink:

Damn that felt good thanks guys. As was said above give him time to check his email and he will get back to you shortly as even though he is Italian when living there you start to do things on Dominican time. Try putting" Piero Personal" on your subject line so it doesn't go to Emely in the office first perhaps he will see it and not wait for her to check them first.

Of course you could say in the Subject line " Rsvp Mike's Friends" :rofl:

I just emailed him for you to ask him to check his email personally for you on a 2 bedroom so you should hear very soon.

Have fun

Longstroke
02-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Nah the yolks are probably smaller but they are included in the full hot breakfast that is fully included in the price of the room along with the airport pickup and the AC that isn't extra $$$ :rofl: :mrgreen: :wink:

Damn that felt good thanks guys. As was said above give him time to check his email and he will get back to you shortly as even though he is Italian when living there you start to do things on Dominican time. Try putting" Piero Personal" on your subject line so it doesn't go to Emely in the office first perhaps he will see it and not wait for her to check them first.

Of course you could say in the Subject line " Rsvp Mike's Friends" :rofl:

I just emailed him for you to ask him to check his email personally for you on a 2 bedroom so you should hear very soon.

Have fun

you have my thanks and gratitude.

Fulltanman
02-11-2012, 10:51 PM
I made my reservations about 2 or 3 weeks ago for the week before Semana Santa. I initially went through the hotel website. Piero got back to me in two days, by the second e-mail I nailed down my dates reserving a 1 Brm w/kitchen. A few days later I e-mailed him my flight info, he got back to me to confirm to airport pick-up . . . I'm all set . .. I can't wait to get back to Sosua. I've heard nothing but good things about Piero and the place. He seemed real cool in his e-mail correspondence . . . Six and 1/2 weeks to go :biggrin:

Longstroke
02-12-2012, 04:04 AM
I made my reservations about 2 or 3 weeks ago for the week before Semana Santa. I initially went through the hotel website. Piero got back to me in two days, by the second e-mail I nailed down my dates reserving a 1 Brm w/kitchen. A few days later I e-mailed him my flight info, he got back to me to confirm to airport pick-up . . . I'm all set . .. I can't wait to get back to Sosua. I've heard nothing but good things about Piero and the place. He seemed real cool in his e-mail correspondence . . . Six and 1/2 weeks to go :biggrin:

I have yet to hear back from Piedro and I talked to him via cell phone yesterday afternoon, told him what I needed and when, said he would take care of it, I hope he does, I really want to stay in this hotel if it still available.

mikelodge
02-13-2012, 02:57 PM
I have yet to hear back from Piedro and I talked to him via cell phone yesterday afternoon, told him what I needed and when, said he would take care of it, I hope he does, I really want to stay in this hotel if it still available.

The reason he did not get back to you by email was you sent a message from a phone asking for a 2 bedroom for certain dates with no return email given to get back to you at. If you include an email address in future emails if they are sent from a phone and that should help anyone with a similar problem. Hope that helps. :mrgreen:

Longstroke
02-14-2012, 07:11 AM
The reason he did not get back to you by email was you sent a message from a phone asking for a 2 bedroom for certain dates with no return email given to get back to you at. If you include an email address in future emails if they are sent from a phone and that should help anyone with a similar problem. Hope that helps. :mrgreen:
Piero Finally got back to me yesterday to confirm, which I did, and he did receive.
I'm good to go now. :biggrin:

Fulltanman
02-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Patience is a virtue . . . . .

. . . I've heard nothing but good things about D'Piero's. I was told my members to just be a little patient, it took a couple of days to finalize everything . . .

I can't wait to spend my week there and enjoy the lodging, as well as Sosua . . . . 43 days to go til I hop on that plane.

Longstroke . . . I'll be there late March/early April, if you're going before me, I'd appreciate a report on your stay at D'Piero's. . . .

Longstroke
02-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Patience is a virtue . . . . .

. . . I've heard nothing but good things about D'Piero's. I was told my members to just be a little patient, it took a couple of days to finalize everything . . .

I can't wait to spend my week there and enjoy the lodging, as well as Sosua . . . . 43 days to go til I hop on that plane.

Longstroke . . . I'll be there late March/early April, if you're going before me, I'd appreciate a report on your stay at D'Piero's. . . .
Will do, I will be there March 8th - 11th

adios
02-25-2012, 07:26 PM
I dont find the piero thread now. But just to let you know they raised the prices by 5 $. So a room is now 40 $ and a 1 bedroom apt 55 $. I asked for a discount for my next trip and got the old standard 50 $ rate.

mikelodge
02-25-2012, 11:42 PM
I dont find the piero thread now. But just to let you know they raised the prices by 5 $. So a room is now 40 $ and a 1 bedroom apt 55 $. I asked for a discount for my next trip and got the old standard 50 $ rate.

This is not entirely factual (no offense). Discounts are based on length of stay just like at DonQ's where the price drops on longer stays. Yes the base rate is different MAYBE because SOME people took advantage of trying to get a quote on a longer stay then staying and all the while intending to stay a shorter stay to get a better rate. These tactics have been finally been understood and dealt with in a small way. Perhaps not strongly enough in my opinion but that isn't for me to say.

Email Piero if you still want the smaller $35 room which includes the AC some places charge for AC and the Full Hot Breakfast and FREE Airport Transportation both ways and if you are staying a full week and book that way I bet you will get it. Now on shorter stays like at other hotels some of the discounts may not apply.

As far as the $40 you are talking about maybe you were quoted on the larger rooms that I don't know since I can't see your reply on here.

As far as the 1 Bedroom Apartments I will personally guarantee you that you can get the $50 rate if it is for at least a week or more if it is available at least until I talk to him this week and were to find out something different (not likely) So those are facts and until I am told otherwise personally I will continue to book my friends there who don't go on any of these sites. Personally I am glad to see Piero has realized people trying to cheat and get discounts on length of stays has now put it on the watch list.

adios
02-26-2012, 07:44 AM
These are the prices of his website now...

I don't know if you read my post, but I GOT the 50 $ rate (staying longer than a week). So be happy, cause I will return there. :lol::lol:

maldoror
03-09-2012, 02:55 AM
Which is the better place to go for a longer stay? Sosua vacation rentals sometimes offers some pretty good discounts. Does D'piero have anything comparable?

mikelodge
03-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Which is the better place to go for a longer stay? Sosua vacation rentals sometimes offers some pretty good discounts. Does D'piero have anything comparable?

Residence D'Piero does not publish any longer stay discounts but they exist on a individual basic depending on the length of stay and I know he has monthly rates also depending on how many months and which months. Since most of the guests or at least many of them are Europeans his busiest time may not be another places busiest time and Piero may discount a month when others are not. It is always best to email him directly and be patient and wait a few days for reply because he may have to get someone to translate it since he reads very little English.

As far as the differences other than price Pieros is a half a block off Pedro clisante the main street and the other place is across the highway up the hill aways from town at least a quarter mile or more in that direction. Now both places are about the same distance East and West of the core of the inner city.
Other main differences are the AC is Free or included you could say in the Price at Pieros the same as the Full Hot made to order breakfast and the airport pickup and delivery back by taxi. There are meals and the bar are open for you at Pieros where as Sosua Vacation Rentals offers no meals or bar even available but both places are nice and I would guess Sosua Vacation would be cheaper up there without AC and the Breakfast if you don't mind not having a restaurant available anytime at all. Both great management

TNT72
03-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Residence D'Piero does not publish any longer stay discounts but they exist on a individual basic depending on the length of stay and I know he has monthly rates also depending on how many months and which months. Since most of the guests or at least many of them are Europeans his busiest time may not be another places busiest time and Piero may discount a month when others are not. It is always best to email him directly and be patient and wait a few days for reply because he may have to get someone to translate it since he reads very little English.

As far as the differences other than price Pieros is a half a block off Pedro clisante the main street and the other place is across the highway up the hill aways from town at least a quarter mile or more in that direction. Now both places are about the same distance East and West of the core of the inner city.
Other main differences are the AC is Free or included you could say in the Price at Pieros the same as the Full Hot made to order breakfast and the airport pickup and delivery back by taxi. There are meals and the bar are open for you at Pieros where as Sosua Vacation Rentals offers no meals or bar even available but both places are nice and I would guess Sosua Vacation would be cheaper up there without AC and the Breakfast if you don't mind not having a restaurant available anytime at all. Both great management

I guess you should wait for a couple days. Since google translate can't do it for him in under 10 seconds. But then again, this is the same owner that can't remember ISOC, but he can remember "mikelodge sent me"!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know from experience, if I was staying at either place, I would be grabbing a moto (25 pesos during the day, 50 pesos at night) everywhere I went, having a restaurant onsite would not matter to me. Especially (and I LOVE how mikelodge always leaves this out) if there was construction going on next door that woke me up at DAWN!!!!!

mike, you really need to realize that you are doing D'Piero's more harm than good with your reviews. Since you want to make them one sided, I and other members will always to be there to point out the things you "conveniently" decide to leave out!

el toro
03-11-2012, 10:29 PM
I guess you should wait for a couple days. Since google translate can't do it for him in under 10 seconds. But then again, this is the same owner that can't remember ISOC, but he can remember "mikelodge sent me"!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know from experience, if I was staying at either place, I would be grabbing a moto (25 pesos during the day, 50 pesos at night) everywhere I went, having a restaurant onsite would not matter to me. Especially (and I LOVE how mikelodge always leaves this out) if there was construction going on next door that woke me up at DAWN!!!!!

mike, you really need to realize that you are doing D'Piero's more harm than good with your reviews. Since you want to make them one sided, I and other members will always to be there to point out the things you "conveniently" decide to leave out!

LMAO. As soon as I saw you at the bottom of this post I knew you couldn't resist taking a shot at ML.

TNT72
03-11-2012, 10:47 PM
LMAO. As soon as I saw you at the bottom of this post I knew you couldn't resist taking a shot at ML.

I'm not taking shots. I'm being open and honest. I have never given a one sided review. If I review it, I give the good and the bad. ML never, EVER says anything bad about D'pierros.....until someone else points it out, then after someone points out the obvious, he then runs damage control!

el toro
03-11-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm not taking shots. I'm being open and honest. I have never given a one sided review. If I review it, I give the good and the bad. ML never, EVER says anything bad about D'pierros.....until someone else points it out, then after someone points out the obvious, he then runs damage control!

Not arguing one bit with you. I thought the way it was said was just funny.

Mr. Smooth
03-12-2012, 03:58 AM
If I am on vacation and have a choice between getting woken up at 8am from the sound of power saws and buzzing drills from a major construction project going on (how big is this fucking house anyway?) but having a hot, ready to order breakfast, or being a few minutes walk up a hill (30 seconds on a moto) and sleeping in until 10:30 or 11am, I am saying fuck the bacon and eggs!

The way ML is always going on and on about Piero's, geez, you'd swear he got a free ST there or something!

adios
03-12-2012, 04:37 AM
How is the noise situation? It was not noisy in september

mikelodge
03-12-2012, 05:24 AM
How is the noise situation? It was not noisy in september

Couldn't tell you about today since I am on the other side of the world but I was there in December for over a week and again in January I think for 11 or 12 days and I was never woken up by noise. I did hear construction work a couple of mornings but don't know if it was from Peters house or just routine maintenance on a neighboring home or building. I guess that is part of staying in a third world country where that can happen. I know some guys complained about chickens making noise at New Garden in the morning and a barking dog there also.

Like I have said before many times some people should not stay where they don't want to stay or many other places it is just the way the world is and they might be happier someplace else for a variety of reasons.
I guess it goes back to the 90 -- 10 rule seems like only 10% of the people have 90% of the problems always in life

miggy99
03-16-2012, 05:51 AM
:wink::iconTU: You know I have to agree 100% with TNT72 about the replies to this newbies question concerning comparing hotels. Why do you have to contact a member of this forum for a reservation at a hotel ???? The girl at the front desk don't know english ??? Well hire someone who does----It doesn't speak well for the owner--and two days and no email reply---So I guess if I need soap or toilet paper or any other problem while staying there I should call Mike Lodge ??? I never stayed at either place but its quite apparent some people's replies are self-serving instead of being informative and unbiased IMO--------------------------MIGGY

Allie1
03-16-2012, 08:12 AM
You know I have to agree 100% with TNT72 about the replies to this newbies question concerning comparing hotels. Why do you have to contact a member of this forum for a reservation at a hotel ???? The girl at the front desk don't know english ??? Well hire someone who does----It doesn't speak well for the owner--and two days and no email reply---So I guess if I need soap or toilet paper or any other problem while staying there I should call Mike Lodge ??? I never stayed at either place but its quite apparent some people's replies are self-serving instead of being informative and unbiased IMO--------------------------MIGGYI've stayed at Piero's during my two visits to Sosua. I really can't complain about the service I received. On both occasions I shot off an e-mail to Piero and received a response within a day. I actually tried to book at Rocky's suites during my second visit but he was full (the owner seems like a great guy as well by the way). I would have stayed there as I was interested in the proximity to the strip but enjoyed my stay at Piero's. I like walking and actually enjoyed walking to the beach and the strip each day.

A couple of days before my arrival date Piero sent me an e-mail requesting flight information and someone was there to pick me up when I arrived. The driver even stopped at WU so I could exchange money. During my stay I had very good service. The rooms were cleaned promptly....the food in the restaurant was very good. One day when I returned in the evening from the beach I received a knock on my door and was greeted by one of the maids with a big smile who was standing there holding all my laundry that she had taken out of my room and washed and pressed for me...at no charge! ( I gave her a tip). I thought this was very good service.

It is true that there is a bit of a language barrier...Piero doesn't speak very good english...but enough that you can communicate easily and as far as the girl who works in the office....she showed me to the room and was able to answer any questions I had...no problems.

When I was leaving Piero drove me to the airport and refused to accept a tip that I offered. Overall I had no issues there. I never spent any time with Piero...Just a brief hello when I was coming or going...I like to keep to myself....I received no room discount or free night....I have absoloutley no reason to shill this place. I don't know Mike Lodge and have never communicated with the man.

I just wanted to post my experience because it seems that this place gets some unfair comments from people who have probably never stayed there. And i'm not making this post for future favours as I don't plan on returning to Sosua. I've had 2 trips there and have outgrown it...after being to south east asia (Thailand once, Philippines twice and a 3rd Philippines trip next week) this is where my interest is. Sosua was a good place to get my feet wet in this hobby but I have found greener pastures.

So, I would say to anyone contemplating a stay at Pieros to give it some consideration....it's a pretty good spot.

miggy99
03-16-2012, 08:57 AM
I've stayed at Piero's during my two visits to Sosua. I really can't complain about the service I received. On both occasions I shot off an e-mail to Piero and received a response within a day. I actually tried to book at Rocky's suites during my second visit but he was full (the owner seems like a great guy as well by the way). I would have stayed there as I was interested in the proximity to the strip but enjoyed my stay at Piero's. I like walking and actually enjoyed walking to the beach and the strip each day.

A couple of days before my arrival date Piero sent me an e-mail requesting flight information and someone was there to pick me up when I arrived. The driver even stopped at WU so I could exchange money. During my stay I had very good service. The rooms were cleaned promptly....the food in the restaurant was very good. One day when I returned in the evening from the beach I received a knock on my door and was greeted by one of the maids with a big smile who was standing there holding all my laundry that she had taken out of my room and washed and pressed for me...at no charge! ( I gave her a tip). I thought this was very good service.

It is true that there is a bit of a language barrier...Piero doesn't speak very good english...but enough that you can communicate easily and as far as the girl who works in the office....she showed me to the room and was able to answer any questions I had...no problems.

When I was leaving Piero drove me to the airport and refused to accept a tip that I offered. Overall I had no issues there. I never spent any time with Piero...Just a brief hello when I was coming or going...I like to keep to myself....I received no room discount or free night....I have absoloutley no reason to shill this place. I don't know Mike Lodge and have never communicated with the man.

I just wanted to post my experience because it seems that this place gets some unfair comments from people who have probably never stayed there. And i'm not making this post for future favours as I don't plan on returning to Sosua. I've had 2 trips there and have outgrown it...after being to south east asia (Thailand once, Philippines twice and a 3rd Philippines trip next week) this is where my interest is. Sosua was a good place to get my feet wet in this hobby but I have found greener pastures.

So, I would say to anyone contemplating a stay at Pieros to give it some consideration....it's a pretty good spot. Thank you---your analyses was from personal experience, and very informative -----I was not commenting on the place itself but the some of the replies to the thread ----which were not directed to the question of hotel comparisions.
Thanks again--------------MIGGY

Allie1
03-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Thank you---your analyses was from personal experience, and very informative -----I was not commenting on the place itself but the some of the replies to the thread ----which were not directed to the question of hotel comparisions.
Thanks again--------------MIGGYYes I understand. Perhaps some people have some reason to shill this place...I have no idea. But just wanted to relate my experience at the hotel so people contemplating staying there wouldn't be swayed by some of the comments here that seem to be personal between a couple of members and don't seem to truly reflect whether or not Piero's is a good place to stay.

I understand that your comments were more to the issue between the members and not the hotel itself.

All the best!

Fulltanman
03-17-2012, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the current report on D'Piero's . . .

And I agree with your assessment about the other members and whatever personal issues they may have with each other regarding D'Piero's, but ISOC is always a great place to get all types of input, the good, bad, and ugly . . .

Your review of Piero's, since it is based on a recent trip and visit is valued by this member. . . I'll be staying there myself in 13 more days for a week . . . I'll make sure that I add my own honest review of Peiro's as I always do with every vacation I take . .. This upcoming report will be my first on ISOC

mikelodge
04-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the current report on D'Piero's . . .

Your review of Piero's, since it is based on a recent trip and visit is valued by this member. . . I'll be staying there myself in 13 more days for a week . . . I'll make sure that I add my own honest review of Peiro's as I always do with every vacation I take . .. This upcoming report will be my first on ISOC

I just booked another stay at the residence D'Piero and had no problem getting a reply back a day and a half later. Sure do miss hanging out there

mikelodge
08-29-2012, 11:17 PM
I just booked another stay at the residence D'Piero and had no problem getting a reply back a day and a half later. Sure do miss hanging out there

Later in the year and still no problem booking ah I need to get down there someday and find some loud mouth street rats on ground zero