PDA

View Full Version : Leonel calls for review of ranks in Armed Forces

NewsWhore
02-09-2012, 11:50 AM
President Leonel Fernandez believes there is unfairness among the ranks of the military and police personnel in the Dominican Republic. Some have served between 20, 25, 30 and 35 years as members of these institutions. In order to address this situation, the President ordered a review of the ranks of these agents in uniform yesterday, Wednesday February 8, on the grounds that there is a discrepancy between the members of any given graduating class, so that he suggested to the chiefs of the Armed Forces and the National Police, to send him a list by 27 February so that he (Fernandez) can give them the professional recognition that they deserve. He believes that this would balance the different hierarchies.

According to Diario Libre, he told reporters that, "I have seen a certain inequality among the members of a given graduating class. And I think that there are some that have a very high rank and others that have a very low rank," said the President, speaking at the Presidential Palace after receiving greetings from the graduating classes from 20, 25, 30 and 35 years ago. He said that, besides the categories, the government intends to examine other incentives, both material and moral, in favor of "those distinguished officers, who during my time in government, each time I have felt a crisis or a threat, I have been able to see that they have done everything that has been in their power to protect the country from danger." Referring to the performance of the Armed Forces, he pointed out that they are a guarantee for the country's safety and of national sovereignty, which he classified as "their great task," because there are always threats, risks and challenges.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#1)