PDA

View Full Version : Not really a problem, but a question.

PapiQueRico
06-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Is there any way to store your info (ID and password) so you don't need to type it in each time you log on?

Dick Dawson
06-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Is there any way to store your info (ID and password) so you don't need to type it in each time you log on?

Most browsers (IE, Firefox, etc.) give you that option to store your username and password info for a specific site that you visit. Which browser do you use?

PapiQueRico
06-24-2005, 01:10 PM
AOL is my ISP which I guess means IE. I get that option for all other sites, but it does not come up for this one. As you can tell, I'm no IT wiz.

Apos
06-24-2005, 01:32 PM
AOL is my ISP which I guess means IE. I get that option for all other sites, but it does not come up for this one. As you can tell, I'm no IT wiz.

i use mozilla firefox and don't get that option either. i believe DT set it up that way intentionally, for security. also the reason for the short time period before your cookie expires.

Don Tomas
06-24-2005, 01:40 PM
It is setup now for a one hour time out and immediate logout when the window is closed, the primary reason is people leaving computers in public areas (especially in the DR!!!) without logging out.

BrooklynBeas
06-24-2005, 02:32 PM
i understand the security reasons but it sucks when u are at work and u have to get up after readin only one or two of your 30 unread posts... then it logs you off automatically and u dont know what ur up to... Its very easy to lock your computer guys... hold down the windows key (next to alt) and hit L... That locks your computer the fastest way when you wanna get up and walk away from your desk...

Kevy
06-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Apos in Firefox undr tools - options go to Privacy and then expand + beside saved passwords. See if remember paswords has a check mark, then you should be able to use this. I use Firefox too and it remembers my passwords.

Jimmydr
06-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Glad I have 6 handles. :D

Kevy
06-24-2005, 04:59 PM
firefox will remember all 6 and let you choose. The only problem is when you are signing into a new site it always ask if you want it to remember the passsword and userid.

Apos
06-24-2005, 05:40 PM
it remembers all my other passwords but i have to type in the first letter at this site

Kevy
06-24-2005, 05:43 PM
You might have entered 2 userids for this site, go through view saved passwords and elimante the one you don't want. I setup the worng user id at ebay and the correct one. I always had to click in the screen and pick the right one until I eliminated the wrong one.

Apos
06-24-2005, 05:50 PM
that IS what i had. multiple instances of the same user id and password. thanks, works perfectly now!
:wav: for kevyboy!
Moderator of CANADA and beyond!

knotty
06-24-2005, 06:21 PM
IE sucks compared with Mozilla Firefox and Opera (my favorite).

Kevy
06-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Your are right about that Knotty, IE is such a shitty program and forced on all windows users. I would tried Opera, but it is full of advertising or you have to pay for it.

knotty
06-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Your are right about that Knotty, IE is such a shitty program and forced on all windows users. I would tried Opera, but it is full of advertising or you have to pay for it.

no advertisement, and it's free. i know my friend downloaded once he rebooted my system. so i use both, but whats good with opera is you can have several sites open and all you have to do is press whatever tab at the top without having each one open separate. makes life a lot easier.

Kevy
06-24-2005, 06:43 PM
I went to download.com and there is a ad banner in the free version and 39 USD for the regular version. Firefox has the tabs too. Go to File NEW tab.

Kevy
06-24-2005, 06:48 PM
I am trying opera now, there is a 1/2 inch line accross the top of the page with ads. Maybe you got the pay version. wanna share?

knotty
06-24-2005, 06:50 PM
I went to download.com and there is a ad banner in the free version and 39 USD for the regular version. Firefox has the tabs too. Go to File NEW tab.

thanks, never realized that.

Dick Dawson
06-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Tabbed browsing is the best.