PDA

View Full Version : El Molino de la Cumbre - Moca

deezl
02-28-2012, 01:15 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=la+cumbre+loc:+Moca,+Dominican+Republic&hl=en&cid=11769318011756026785

would really like to take a day trip to this spot. A restaurant (and supposedly quite a good one) at the top of the mountain overlooking the cibao valley. some nice panoramas of the spot here:

http://vtbyt.com/places/el-cibao/moca/el-molino-de-la-cumbre/entrance

anyone been there?

WickedWillie
02-28-2012, 01:29 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=la+cumbre+loc:+Moca,+Dominican+Republic&hl=en&cid=11769318011756026785

would really like to take a day trip to this spot. A restaurant (and supposedly quite a good one) at the top of the mountain overlooking the cibao valley. some nice panoramas of the spot here:

http://vtbyt.com/places/el-cibao/moca/el-molino-de-la-cumbre/entrance

anyone been there?

Stop there every time I go that route, 3/4 times a month. Takes 35-40 minutes from the Cruz de Sabaneta, so about a hour from Sosua. There are 3 restaurants there (Cafeto and the other name escapes me right now) and the views are stunning. El Molina is my choice but they are all good. Get off that road before dark and it's all good.

Maybe you could take your camera.:confused::confused:

deezl
02-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Stop there every time I go that route, 3/4 times a month. Takes 35-40 minutes from the Cruz de Sabaneta, so about a hour from Sosua. There are 3 restaurants there (Cafeto and the other name escapes me right now) and the views are stunning. El Molina is my choice but they are all good. Get off that road before dark and it's all good.

Yeah, it looks pretty spectacular, will have to make it out there one of these days.

Always, always have a camera on me. I'd definitely take the dslr along for that trip.

yayow
02-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Have passed by it often, or at least used to when I used the Moca Route, I always tended to stop someplace in Moca instead, although I haven't used that route in a long time, maybe if I get the urge to use it again, I will try it.

manofsteele69
02-28-2012, 06:50 PM
I am definitely going to check this place out. The view looks spectacular. Just have to find a chica buena to bring along. I will try to post some pics and a review.

manofsteele69
02-28-2012, 06:53 PM

How is the menu? Pricing?

jcrew2020
02-28-2012, 08:52 PM
There are 3 restaurants. All are pretty much the same. Prices are around 300 to 500 pesos. Usually I get a bowl of soup or something else to snack on and a glass of wine. The trip from sosua/ cabarete takes 1.45 and I am in a hurry. You will probably have the whole restaurant to yourself.

Camp david in santiago offers a view like this and jamaca de dios in Jarabacoa.

WickedWillie
02-28-2012, 09:19 PM
There are 3 restaurants. All are pretty much the same. Prices are around 300 to 500 pesos. Usually I get a bowl of soup or something else to snack on and a glass of wine. The trip from sosua/ cabarete takes 1.45 and I am in a hurry. You will probably have the whole restaurant to yourself.

Camp david in santiago offers a view like this and jamaca de dios in Jarabacoa.

In 1hr 45mins from Caberete I'm nearly in Bonao so you must be the asshole I always get stuck behind.....lol:rofl::rofl::rofl:

jcrew2020
02-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Trip from sosua/cabarete to santiago. I can drive that road with my eyes closed. Surprised you get stuck behind some assholes. Never a lot of cars on that road. Was on that road yesterday.

WickedWillie
02-28-2012, 11:05 PM
Trip from sosua/cabarete to santiago. I can drive that road with my eyes closed. Surprised you get stuck behind some assholes. Never a lot of cars on that road. Was on that road yesterday.

That explains why it takes you 1.45 to get from Cabarete to La Cumbre.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

jcrew2020
02-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Eyes open, enjoying the view, drinking an ice cold Presidente.

One time I actually had a car full of girls pull me over. We stopped at the restaurant and had a drink.
One older lady and about 5 girls. She was working them in sosua and taking them back to Moca. One jumped in my car and lets say I had a interesting drive down the hill:)