PDA

View Full Version : Hatuey and Hipolito team up

NewsWhore
03-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Today's press carried photos of former PRD-dissident Hatuey de Camps and PRD presidential candidate Hipolito Mejia in an embrace on the occasion of the announcement that De Camps is the new political director of Mejia's presidential campaign. Cesar Cedeno continues to be the campaign director.

Hatuey de Camps left the party in 2004 when Mejia chose to change the constitution so that he could run for re-election. He formed the Social Democratic Revolutionary Party (PRSD) with fellow re-election opponents.

De Camps said that it is not a merge but an agreement between both parties. He said he would explain the reasons for the decision on Sunday at 8pm on TV broadcast on Channel 9 (Color Vision). "For me it is important to say that in the PRD there was and there is an incommensurable desire for us to be together because that was what Pena Gomez taught us, and that honestly we have never had personal differences. He has his character and I have mine, he eats at his house and I do at mine, but we respect ourselves and even love each other and his children and my children and my nieces and nephews get along well", as reported in Listin Diario.

Meanwhile, the PRD announced that at 10am on Sunday, the party's National Executive Committee (CEN) would meet to fulfill the formalities required by the Electoral Law, as convened by Miguel Vargas, president and general secretary of the PRD. In a written statement sent by the political party, the PRD says that the points to be confirmed by the CEN include the approval of alliances between Mejia and other parties, the Mejia government program and PRD candidacies for overseas deputies. The meeting will take place at the Casa Nacional del PRD.

The PRD announced new alliances with the Authentic Balaguerist Movement, led by Alexis Joaquin Castillo (recognized as son of Joaquin Balaguer), and Mercedes Solis, and with the Independent Democratic Party (PDI) headed by Ismael Reyes.

In a press conference, as reported in Listin Diario, Rafael Subervi Bonilla announced a PRD caravan would start at 2pm at Pedro Livio Cedeno and Av. Duarte in Santo Domingo, passing through Villa Maria, Villa Francisca, San Carlos and Ciudad Nueva, ending with a concert on the Malecon. Vice Presidential candidate Luis Abinader will lead the caravan.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#2)