PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 Boca Chica

texaswalker
06-28-2005, 05:15 PM
I just returned from a week in Boca Chica and Sosua. It was my third trip to DR. I flew Sprit into Santa Domingo arriving at 10:30 PM. Waited for my pickup from El Caucho. No show and the taxi touts finally got me. El Caucho has a gated courtyard and parking lot with an open air bar and restaurant. The hotel rooms and pool are in the back.

At midnight I walk in and the assorted mongers and chicas at the bar gave me the look over. Possibilities there. But my day goes to shit. The hotel gave my room away and assigned me to the standard level. I had two Presidenti’s and some water delivered, it started to rain, rain harder, and I went to sleep. More later. :(

Jimmydr
06-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Welcome aboard!

Apos
06-28-2005, 05:21 PM
not the best start to a trip but i bet it got better! WELCOME and we're waiting for a full report :grin:

got pics? :twisted:

knotty
06-28-2005, 06:38 PM
it's gotta get better than that. hope that frown turns into a smile.

Jimmydr
06-28-2005, 06:45 PM
They always get better. Mine start off with 7 hour delays in JFK.

the_Jayman
06-28-2005, 08:53 PM
Go jenroh2000 GO ! !

BrooklynBeas
06-28-2005, 09:16 PM
welcome aboard!

sailor02
07-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey Jenroh:
Sorry to hear about your not so good first night. I know that this will change. Do you happen to have the E-mail address for ElCaucho? I could only find their telephone number.

To Helpmann:
Would you be so kind as to let me know where you stay when in BC? I enjoy your trip reports, and notice that you are always very hehlpful to those of us who are not as experienced. I'm already planning my next trip for early next winter.

Happy and safe hunting to all, Sailor02

DEPUTY DAWG
07-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Welcome and keep your head up it always gets better

Bug Boy
07-08-2005, 03:06 PM
To Helpmann:
Would you be so kind as to let me know where you stay when in BC? I enjoy your trip reports, and notice that you are always very hehlpful to those of us who are not as experienced. I'm already planning my next trip for early next winter.El Caucho is a very good hotel. I wrote a hotel review on several chat boards (DR1, WSG, WSA, ISOC) when I was a guest there in March 2004. In March 2004, El Caucho was **1/2 hotel, because even though their service was great, they had to upgrade the rooms. Since then, the new owners (in place since Fall 2003) have renovated the whole hotel (rooms, bar, new kitchen), and are probably the best "guest" friendly hotel in Boca Chica. I do recommend that you check-out their website (although, sometimes it goes on the "blink" because of all the Flash they added to the site.)

The main reasons I don't stay at El Caucho are that I know many of my Dominican neighbors (and they know me) very well at the apart-hotel that I stay at and because I would hate to put the management of El Caucho (who are some very nice guys) in any awkward position with the guests I bring to my room.

BTW: I'll PM you my lodging details. Because of my "interesting" trip reports, I don't publicize where I stay.

Have a Fun Trip!
Helpmann :)

El Caucho (http://www.elcaucho.com/)
Email: info@elcaucho.com
Abbey's ISOC username: kammakaze1
Phone: 1-809-523-5102

prtyr2
07-08-2005, 03:36 PM
All the owners at El Caucho are cool as shit. Great place to stay or even just to hang out. WIFI at the bar!

Macky
08-09-2005, 11:22 PM
If a guy is staying in Boca, El Caucho is the place to stay. Great people, good food, no street noise in the rooms, nice pool, I had a very relaxing stay. Nice thing is that you are in a town, maybe a 10 or 15 minute walk or one minute moto ride to the center of town, you are not out in the boonies. If you look at a map of Boca it may appear that El C is a long way out of town but it is not. Like I say, it is a short walk. This place should get more business.

Don Tomas
08-09-2005, 11:24 PM
...no street noise in the rooms,...

Has BC came alive again? There was no street noise on the street last time I was there. :eek: Everyone was asleep by midnight!

Macky
08-10-2005, 06:09 PM
I haven't been there lately, but several months ago Duarte was dead, the action was around town, but one post I saw mentioned that recently a bunch of MP's got raided and closed, so maybe it's worse than when I was last there. Can't say based on personal experience.

Earlier this year I had a fine time, I missed the old scene on Duarte but it was possible to do just fine in spite of that.