PDA

View Full Version : Latino's Club Now

el toro
03-13-2012, 12:16 AM
Does anyone know if Ad, the owner or former owner of Black Box is now managing Latino's as mentioned previously that he may be? Just wondering if he is and if the place has stepped up any.

It would be sweet if they're were two competing hot spots after midnight to go to.

Mr. Smooth
03-13-2012, 04:29 AM
It was posted in the Sosua News online that he took over the management duties just a couple of days after the Black Box closed up. Looks like he had some changes in store to make it more competitive with Classicos.

I guess we will have a look for ourselves real soon now, won't we? :corky:

WickedWillie
03-13-2012, 05:56 AM
Yes he is now managing the Gran Velero (Latinos).

The place has been totally redecorated in a black and white theme (although some have said that it should have been black and blue:wink:)

The pool tables have gone from the front right side as have the tiguere wankers that would hang out there and a solitary pool table is in the back near the restrooms.

Music in the front bar is now more mixed and at reasonable decibel levels although the disco part has remained ear-shatteringly the same.

Overall a pretty good job however the place is still viewed by many as a Haitian and skank hang-out and thus, from what I have seen, has yet to attract much new clientele.

Trib
03-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes he is now managing the Gran Velero (Latinos).

The place has been totally redecorated in a black and white theme (although some have said that it should have been black and blue:wink:)

The pool tables have gone from the front right side as have the tiguere wankers that would hang out there and a solitary pool table is in the back near the restrooms.

Music in the front bar is now more mixed and at reasonable decibel levels although the disco part has remained ear-shatteringly the same.

Overall a pretty good job however the place is still viewed by many as a Haitian and skank hang-out and thus, from what I have seen, has yet to attract much new clientele.

how about those infested couches?!?!!! they smelled like moldy wash rags LOL

SrSuerte
03-13-2012, 12:21 PM
I dont know who is who around here but I thought the place that I ate at two days ago was called the Black Box. It was a big guy cooking.

el toro
03-13-2012, 12:41 PM
I dont know who is who around here but I thought the place that I ate at two days ago was called the Black Box. It was a big guy cooking.

Well Ad is a big dude, but I've never seen him around the food. Usually the Haitianas were doing all the cooking at least from what I could tell. Was it the same location?

MyTio
03-13-2012, 12:46 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43062&d=1331657143ad

Rubicon
03-13-2012, 01:14 PM

Big D's? Cooking BB-q chicken and ribs?

TNT72
03-13-2012, 01:55 PM
how about those infested couches?!?!!! they smelled like moldy wash rags LOL

True, those couches are pretty rank, but theres been a lot of fun had on them!

Someone said they took the outter wall down, and put the wall back up between the front and back bar. Does that mean that VIP area is back?

naptime
03-13-2012, 02:43 PM

im thinking maybe you ate at BIG D's ??

BIIIG black guy cooking on the grill. ribs and chicken?

JuanElGriego
03-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43062&d=1331657143)ad

Nice pic but the cutie bartender at Latinos that was in the middle of the fight at After One is missing from that pic.

She's purrrtyyy!! :iconTU:

JuanElGriego
03-13-2012, 03:28 PM
True, those couches are pretty rank, but theres been a lot of fun had on them!

Someone said they took the outter wall down, and put the wall back up between the front and back bar. Does that mean that VIP area is back?

When you first walk in to the disco if you look up and to your left there's a private seating area.

It's as high as the dj booth in the back corner.

You go up the steps and its cool ... you overlook the dance floor ... got your little private set up that can comfortably sit around 6 people i'd say. There's even a stripper pole in the middle that your girls can get busy on.

Anything you want they get for you and the bathroom is right down the steps .. dont have to wade thru a mob of people to get there.

naptime
03-13-2012, 06:20 PM
When you first walk in to the disco if you look up and to your left there's a private seating area.

It's as high as the dj booth in the back corner.

You go up the steps and its cool ... you overlook the dance floor ... got your little private set up that can comfortably sit around 6 people i'd say. There's even a stripper pole in the middle that your girls can get busy on.

Anything you want they get for you and the bathroom is right down the steps .. dont have to wade thru a mob of people to get there.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

reminds me .. when trey and i have partied in the old vip.. anytime we left for the bathroom, our security dude would lead the way and make a path, pushing poeple out of the way and what not. then he would stand at the bathroom door and restrict entry till we were done.

i was like, look, that's cool and all, but i can handle going to bathroom. i dont need security. :rofl:

they always took good care of us there.

TNT72
03-13-2012, 06:24 PM

reminds me .. when trey and i have partied in the old vip.. anytime we left for the bathroom, our security dude would lead the way and make a path, pushing poeple out of the way and what not. then he would stand at the bathroom door and restrict entry till we were done.

i was like, look, that's cool and all, but i can handle going to bathroom. i dont need security. :rofl:

That was a wild ass night!!!

Shogun Warrior
03-13-2012, 06:47 PM
That was a wild ass night!!!

Oh Yeah. You guys were a sight to see. Anyway, I did the downstairs VIP once. Just tipped the Big Bouncer. However, the DJ tried to jack me for a mixed CD for like 2K PESO. (Hell to the No!)

Just curious, what does the Latino's upstairs VIP price tag run now?

MyTio
03-13-2012, 06:52 PM
we just had to buy a bottle 6 people

jose1234
03-14-2012, 08:26 AM
I walked by Black Box about a week ago and the place was still closed. If someone new opened the place, it had to have been in the last six days or so... I just want to go out and have a good time away from my work and so I am looking for good service, cold beers, good food and pleasant environment where I run into ISOC people and others I know. Appreciation shots once in a while is good and comfortable chairs and a bathroom nearby and a ....

miggy99
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Big D's? Cooking BB-q chicken and ribs? Yeah he was cookin all last week---MIGGY

naptime
03-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Oh Yeah. You guys were a sight to see. Anyway, I did the downstairs VIP once. Just tipped the Big Bouncer. However, the DJ tried to jack me for a mixed CD for like 2K PESO. (Hell to the No!)

Just curious, what does the Latino's upstairs VIP price tag run now?

that bitchassmutherfuckingcocksuckingfuckingwhoreofadj... i'll piss on that motherfuckers grave if he gets sliced up by a tranny hopped up on heroin!

so the first night we partied hard in the vip, he took care of us, played all the songs we, or the chicas with us wanted. checked with us damn near before every track.

we tipped him.

the last night we partied in there a few days later, he was doing the same thing. but this time i told him to record the session for us. so we could have it back at home.

i think we offered him 2000 pesos.

we jammed all night. at the end of the night he said everything had receorded, but he needed to burn it for us. he said he'd bring it to new garden the next day.

he showed up, literally 15-20 minutes before we left for the airport.

handed me the 4 cd's. i paid him the 2000 pesos.

got home..

4 blank mutherfucking discs!!!

but.... he took the time to write all over them with a sharpie.. how is the jam mix from last night at latinos, put the date on it and everything.

fucking puta.

well.. we made sure to let boss lady know on the next trip... :)

sopranostingray
03-16-2012, 07:42 AM
that bitchassmutherfuckingcocksuckingfuckingwhoreofadj... i'll piss on that motherfuckers grave if he gets sliced up by a tranny hopped up on heroin!

so the first night we partied hard in the vip, he took care of us, played all the songs we, or the chicas with us wanted. checked with us damn near before every track.

we tipped him.

the last night we partied in there a few days later, he was doing the same thing. but this time i told him to record the session for us. so we could have it back at home.

we jammed all night. at the end of the night he said everything had receorded, but he needed to burn it for us. he said he'd bring it to new garden the next day.

got home..

but.... he took the time to write all over them with a sharpie.. how is the jam mix from last night at latinos, put the date on it and everything.

fucking puta.

His name is DJ Chuleta (pork chop) and he did the same to me a few weeks ago. Gave me 3 cds and 2 were blank. Difference is that I live here and I will go see him soon. The dude is like 3 apples high, but seems to fuck a lot of people around.

MrHappy
03-16-2012, 08:08 AM

Whoa! Talk about kissin' ass! I guess he figured you wanted to do lines in the bathroom or something.

yayow
03-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Nice pic but the cutie bartender at Latinos that was in the middle of the fight at After One is missing from that pic.

She's purrrtyyy!! :iconTU:

You must be talking about Yera, she is pretty, but right now she is on my :mad: list, enjoyed her charms on my Feb. trip, ran into her the first night of my Mar., trip and she told me she was going with me, so I told her I would be back at 4 am when she got off, I only gave her 1,500 for the tln in Feb., but in Mar. by the time I got back she gave me the ol line, my mother is sick, so I can't tonight bullshit.:mad: Obviously while I was bullshitting waiting for 4 am, someone else came in and made her a better offer. Pissed me the shit off, wasted a lot of good talent, since I thought I had a promise, forced me to go to after one and find something else, and that wasn't my plan. But she is cute and sexy as hell, I will forgive her :wink:

JuanElGriego
03-16-2012, 01:19 PM
His name is DJ Chuleta (pork chop) and he did the same to me a few weeks ago. Gave me 3 cds and 2 were blank. Difference is that I live here and I will go see him soon. The dude is like 3 apples high, but seems to fuck a lot of people around.

You talk to him for 2 minutes you can tell he has 2-bit hustler written all over him.

I always politely declined his offers of his CD's .. can get all the dembow i want on the street for 100 pesos.

I did get him a drink though as he kept playing whatever i asked.

Citynights
03-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Whoa! Talk about kissin' ass! I guess he figured you wanted to do lines in the bathroom or something.

NAW he was just waiting for the Drama that Treyfollows around.......:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JuanElGriego
03-16-2012, 01:41 PM
we just had to buy a bottle 6 people

You don't need to buy a bottle to sit there, but 2-3 people with a beer each aren't "securing" that spot.

One night we bought a bottle cuz we wanted to but a different night when you'd gone home early and it was just myself, the chick, and our wing we only got drinks as no one was up there.

Its really no different than the booths in Classico. If the guys working there know you and know you're there to spend some money, even if someone happens to be up there they WILL be asked to move. That happened the night we showed up with 6 people. There was people up there already but i told the dude we wanted a bottle of GG and we wanted to sit up there and the people there were asked to leave. Now if the people up there were spending money the guys would have told me 'can't do it there's people up there' but they must have been babysitting beers or whatever. Them boys get paid shit so if they know you're gonna spend money (with a lil propina here and there), they gotta do what they gotta do.

There's really nothing special about it, just a lil more private but still on top of the action ... not like the "VIP" in Classico (never stepped foot in all my life) where you're off in that ridiculous corner ... might as well not even be in the club.

Still rather do Copa than either of those spots. Might cost a couple exra bucks but can't compare in any way.

Dr World
03-16-2012, 04:13 PM
You must be talking about Yera, she is pretty, but right now she is on my :mad: list, enjoyed her charms on my Feb. trip, ran into her the first night of my Mar., trip and she told me she was going with me, so I told her I would be back at 4 am when she got off, I only gave her 1,500 for the tln in Feb., but in Mar. by the time I got back she gave me the ol line, my mother is sick, so I can't tonight bullshit.:mad: Obviously while I was bullshitting waiting for 4 am, someone else came in and made her a better offer. Pissed me the shit off, wasted a lot of good talent, since I thought I had a promise, forced me to go to after one and find something else, and that wasn't my plan. But she is cute and sexy as hell, I will forgive her :wink:

For the last 2 or 3 trips I was supposed to get with her.. but by 4 am I already have someone else. I just don't want to take the chance of her changing her mind. Then I will have to wander the streets like a zombie looking for a chica... Jera is her name because I always let the chicas enter their own name in my phone..

Dr World
03-16-2012, 04:15 PM

we tipped him.

got home..

fucking puta.

The DJ at clasicos will make you a cd filled with MP3's for 500 pesos..

yayow
03-16-2012, 04:21 PM
For the last 2 or 3 trips I was supposed to get with her.. but by 4 am I already have someone else. I just don't want to take the chance of her changing her mind. Then I will have to wander the streets like a zombie looking for a chica... Jera is her name because I always let the chicas enter their own name in my phone..

Yeah she is cute as hell, and want to do it again (just hope that her tln price hasn't increased from my Feb. price, but have a feeling it has or will shortly lol), thanks for the spelling correction, I always spell those chicas names wrong, :rofl: just changed the spelling in my phone. :iconTU:

naptime
03-16-2012, 04:42 PM

yup. dj chuleta. thats what he scribbled all over our discs.

BrooklynBeas
03-16-2012, 04:57 PM
If this is the guy I'm thinkin of, he is a real piece of shit... Years ago, when I was pretty new to Sosua, he once gave me a sob story about his rent being due and if he didn't get the money he would be living on the streets.. I went for the story and felt bad for him, wound up giving him about 1000 pesos to "pay his rent"... He repaid me by "looking out for me", whatever that means... I didn't need his help, but figured I would do a good deed this one time, and help someone out if they really needed it... Of course he didn't stop cause he thought he had a sucker, which he may have had that one time.. He asked me to buy him drinks the few times after this when I saw him.. I pulled him to the side and told him what he could do in a not so nice way.. After that time, whenever he saw me, he would give me a nod hello but would never come near me... Move over Nap, I have to take a leak too!

deezl
03-16-2012, 05:20 PM
dj pork chop?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

el chicharrón!

spanky27312
03-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Does any one know if the big white haired dominican {juan} is working anywhere on the strip---he got laid off when willie sold latino's with the rest of the girls----some are working across the street.
juan always looked after us ok. I'am sure some of you remember the white skin 40yr old blonde dominican that worked there---she's across the street also.

daddyooo
03-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Does any one know if the big white haired dominican {juan} is working anywhere on the strip---he got laid off when willie sold latino's with the rest of the girls----some are working across the street.
juan always looked after us ok. I'am sure some of you remember the white skin 40yr old blonde dominican that worked there---she's across the street also.

I talked to him 2 weeks ago, he is unemployed but still hangs out in front of Gran Velero.

spanky27312
03-17-2012, 01:10 PM
I talked to him 2 weeks ago, he is unemployed but still hangs out in front of Gran Velero.

thanks -----I feel sorry for the dude but didn't take hime to raise

steviewonder
03-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Not really sure if they're the leader in Sosua, but S.N. thinks so:wink:

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php

miggy99
03-17-2012, 04:08 PM
His name is DJ Chuleta (pork chop) and he did the same to me a few weeks ago. Gave me 3 cds and 2 were blank. Difference is that I live here and I will go see him soon. The dude is like 3 apples high, but seems to fuck a lot of people around. So tell me ?? What are you going to do when you see him--show him your receipt and ask for your money back???? LOL

SrSuerte
03-19-2012, 07:35 PM
BIG D's it was.....

el toro
03-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Latino's is still whack from what I could tell. It's just a place to walk through, not hang out in to me.

Seville
03-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Ad left Latinos and went to Boca Chica.

El-Rey
03-23-2012, 12:48 PM
I never liked Latinos. Its rare I even step inside. When they put that stupid wall up I really didnt want to be there.

Apos
03-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Ad left Latinos and went to Boca Chica.
That was fast!

balcoach
03-23-2012, 06:48 PM
I used to love Latino's.... on the weekends, I would go in there and be lost amongst the dominican music and people. Not too many of the weekend warriors would venture in there and thats my kinda place!!!
Hang out in there and get juiced up and jam to some great music and watch the locals get down, and usually would see a good fight every weekend in the pitch black back room of the disco!!!

And every now and then, I would have to threaten to kick Michael Jackson's ass to keep things interesting!!!

Too bad if you don't like the disco there.... Just one less gringo I have worry about in my F'd up lil world.

LATINO"s is the "cantina" from Star Wars exemplified!!!!

el toro
03-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I used to love Latino's.... on the weekends, I would go in there and be lost amongst the dominican music and people. Not too many of the weekend warriors would venture in there and thats my kinda place!!!
Hang out in there and get juiced up and jam to some great music and watch the locals get down, and usually would see a good fight every weekend in the pitch black back room of the disco!!!

And every now and then, I would have to threaten to kick Michael Jackson's ass to keep things interesting!!!

Too bad if you don't like the disco there.... Just one less gringo I have worry about in my F'd up lil world.

It sounds like it used to be better perhaps years ago. Everytime I've been in there the dark back room was playing American hip/hop mostly and seem to have just a few chicas chasing gringos that wanted to just chill with their small group. In the front room they played a lot of bachata and merengue, but never in the back room when I was there. I've seen videos that made it look like more of a local spot, but it seemed like an extension of the Winners Circle to me on my last few visits.

naptime
03-23-2012, 09:54 PM
yes, that what its turned into. but it wasn't like that before.

the wall killed it. :(

and now, even with the wall gone, there are new owners, its run differently, no me gusta.

but before, that was the only place i would go. i could sit out front for 3 or 4 hours, and then make my way to the back. to me, it was the dominican cheers.. except with better music and tons of chicas :)

Sidney
03-24-2012, 11:44 AM

I liked it too. Met many hot honies there. But things that I didn't like were the punk drug dealers, gay Dominicans, and the travestie ''basketball team''!

Apos
03-24-2012, 11:47 AM
No one place can possibly perfect but it was always a favorite place for me @ the front bar and in the back with friends. Didn't venture into the back this time though. No need, the front was exciting enough. :p