PDA

View Full Version : Best bar on the beach! Jungle Juiced #147 Playa Sosua

Apos
03-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Calle AKA Carlos is the owner. He's a great guy and congenial host and makes a fantastic Cesar!

The beer is all but frozen, Vestido de Novia style! They also offer a variety of delicious food.

Ask for El Plato del Dia or Sopa de Pollo, it's delicious and only about 100 pesos! :iconTU:

A wide variety of people regularly visit and it is a very chill yet social place to hang.

Papa and Pipa next door look after the chairs on the lower beach and offer them at very good prices.

The beach is gradual and sandy with no rocks and almost no stones unlike to the East or El Batay end.

I also love the view

Here is the new menu

(It is only two sided but I posted 2 of each as some might find one easier to read then the other because of angle, glare, etc...)

yayow
03-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Well I am glad you found the place for you, but there are many great places to grab a cold one on the beach as there are in town, it depends on what you like and what you want to do on that particular day, there is no "best bar" on the beach in my opinion. It depends on what day you are there and what is your flavor that particular day.

But you do you :iconTU:

Apos
03-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Agreed that there are many options. It's all about what makes a person happy and for some that can change all the time. Of course your opinion is welcome.

I like to have a base to keep returning to and to be comfortable at and IMO this is the best place...for me. I value relationships and loyalty over most everything and find that in almost all cases my favorite places have some of my favorite people involved, one way or another.

Like I said in another thread I like to spread my $$$ and business around a little and like you I enjoy many places but in the end I would prefer to be where I am at home. Jungle Juiced.

Drop by sometime and if I'm there I'll buy us a few frios...:iconTU:

Well I am glad you found the place for you, but there are many great places to grab a cold one on the beach as there are in town, it depends on what you like and what you want to do on that particular day, there is no "best bar" on the beach in my opinion. It depends on what day you are there and what is your flavor that particular day.

But you do you :iconTU:

Sidney
03-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Calle AKA Carlos is the owner. He's a great guy and congenial host and makes a fantastic Cesar!

The beer is all but frozen, Vestido de Novia style! They also offer a variety of delicious food.

Ask for El Plato del Dia or Sopa de Pollo, it's delicious and only about 100 pesos! :iconTU:

A wide variety of people regularly visit and it is a very chill yet social place to hang.

Papa and Pipa next door look after the chairs on the lower beach and offer them at very good prices.

The beach is gradual and sandy with no rocks and almost no stones unlike to the East or El Batay end.

I also love the view

Here is the new menu

(It is only two sided but I posted 2 of each as some might find one easier to read then the other because of angle, glare, etc...)

I agree 100%. It so much better than the nearby Ruby Bar!:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

willienb
03-22-2012, 09:13 AM
I agree 100%. It so much better than the nearby Ruby Bar!:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Been to jungle juiced many times great place.

Jimbo44
03-22-2012, 09:26 AM
As for myself.... if I am going to buy drinks and food as well, I expect NOT to have to pay for a beach chair!!
I will give the place a swhot, but I also hope its not too close to rubis rubble house.

Apos
03-22-2012, 09:45 AM
I hope you like it!

I believe that's how it works. Buy a bunch of drinks and food and no charge. Sit there for hours drinking your own beer you brought in a cooler or nursing a coke all afternoon and pay for the chair and umbrella at 60-100 pesos each.

That's fair to me.

As for myself.... if I am going to buy drinks and food as well, I expect NOT to have to pay for a beach chair!!
I will give the place a swhot, but I also hope its not too close to rubis rubble house.

It's close enough to keep an eye on and far enough away that you probably won't hear them ;)

Coming from El Batey and heading along the beach towards Los Charamicos Ruby's is #144 just before Herman @ Siempre Sol #145, then the next is the sometimes open kitchen for Jungle Juiced #146 and then the real Jungle Juiced #147 with chairs under the HUGE blue umbrella where we normally sit.
There's quite a bit of distance, like 100 feet?, between Ruby's and Jungle Juiced.

JJ's is generally peaceful, relaxing and a very friendly place. :iconTU:

Apos
03-22-2012, 09:53 AM
***2 things***

1. I am working on reposting my photos in a larger size. It's not as simple as it once was and I'm still fighting el gripe and my brain is not working even as well as usual :rolleyes:. Thanks for the instruction threads and tutorials.

2. Jungle Juiced does not have there own washroom. there is just no place to have one BUT there is a washroom right beside it to the right and those too frugal can always save the 10 pesos and go do their business in the ocean like the locals do :p

Jimbo44
03-22-2012, 10:06 AM
PICS?? I been waiting........

voltage69
03-22-2012, 10:13 AM
More importantly, What do the waitresses look like?

Apos
03-22-2012, 10:13 AM
PICS?? I been waiting........
How about some silly birthday balloon pics? :D
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43525&d=1332425446
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43524&d=1332425446

Jimbo44
03-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Theyd look better with a chica holding on to them!!

tgunz
03-22-2012, 10:29 AM
jungled juiced is my favorite as well. carl is a stand up guy. you can leave your stuff behind the bar and go swimming. they have snorkel stuff you can borrow. they new couple working dyam and his swedish wife are nice as well. He has very loyal customers! nice to see him getting a good write up here. cheers

Apos
03-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Sometimes there is a cute waitress and other times...
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43527&d=1332426542

More importantly, What do the waitresses look like?

(It's a terrible dark photo and if anyone can enhance it please do and post it)
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=43526&d=1332425816
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Apos
03-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Theyd look better with a chica holding on to them!!
True, I know I do :lol:

Apos
03-22-2012, 10:37 AM
jungled juiced is my favorite as well. carl is a stand up guy. you can leave your stuff behind the bar and go swimming. they have snorkel stuff you can borrow. they new couple working dyam and his swedish wife are nice as well. He has very loyal customers! nice to see him getting a good write up here. cheers

Thanks for mentioning this!

They also have books if you need something to read on the beach and backgammon and chess/checkers to play for drinks :D

It's a cool place with great people and no downside for me. I hope you all come and give it a try, I know many of you will like it here too.

That's more than enough from me! ;)

Just be sure to save me a seat! :iconTU:

Seville
03-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Carl is a good guy and a good host. :iconTU:

Sidney
03-22-2012, 11:03 AM
And i want to emphasize there is damm good service, fair prices, and no ''bill padding''! Maybe even a freebie!:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Rubicon
03-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks for mentioning this!

They also have books if you need something to read on the beach and backgammon and chess/checkers to play for drinks :D

It's a cool place with great people and no downside for me. I hope you all come and give it a try, I know many of you will like it here too.

That's more than enough from me! ;)

Just be sure to save me a seat! :iconTU:

Do they allow Dominicans? :rofl: Not directed at you, Siochana, just a side joke.

Good to know they have some games to play to pass the time. That's one of the things I liked about many Pattaya bars, you could play JACKPOT and 4 Across (I think it's called). It was a good way to spend the afternoons with the ladies while sipping on a few cold ones.

Apos
03-22-2012, 12:50 PM
It's the kind of place that regulars, long term visitors and people that live in the DR hangout at. It's still great for tourists and well behaved chicas are enjoyed by all, but not many chicas stay there long unless with someone. There are occasional "guest" waitresses and bartenders depending who is passing through and wanting to try and be a "regular chica" at least during the day :rolleyes:

EVERYONE is welcome, until they're not. :wink: It's just not a chica pickup bar, more like an oasis.

You can see all that is going on around you and invite who you like to join the fun.

Do they allow Dominicans? :rofl: Not directed at you, Siochana, just a side joke.

Good to know they have some games to play to pass the time. That's one of the things I liked about many Pattaya bars, you could play JACKPOT and 4 Across (I think it's called). It was a good way to spend the afternoons with the ladies while sipping on a few cold ones.
I like jokes :D

Jimbo44
03-22-2012, 01:13 PM

How would u know Siochana is Domincan??:p

Rubicon
03-22-2012, 02:20 PM

I have to say I have no idea who or what Siochana is. Have you met him?

BTW, the side joke refers to a time when me and a Dominican buddy were told by one of the waitresses at Black Box that Dominicans weren't allowed there. My buddy is Dominican and, although I could pass for one, I'm not.

Jimmydr
03-22-2012, 06:40 PM

He is Canadian.

Kevy
03-22-2012, 06:54 PM

It is called connect 4. it is a good test of how long a girl has been working in bars by her ability at it.

Rubicon
03-22-2012, 07:27 PM
It is called connect 4. it is a good test of how long a girl has been working in bars by her ability at it.

YES, that's it. I didn't care for it much as it required me to do too much thinking when all I wanted to do was drink and scope out some ass.