PDA

View Full Version : Mejia says he will not pay old bills

NewsWhore
03-22-2012, 06:00 PM
PRD presidential candidate Hipolito Mejia has warned small and medium state suppliers (PYME) that his administration would not pay old debts, and asked them to make an effort to collect their debts before the end of the PLD government. He said that he would apply the thesis of former President Joaquin Balaguer that "old debts are not paid and new debts are allowed to grow old."

"Do not ask me for anything, I know how this man (Leonel Fernandez) is acting, giving away the entire country and handing out fraudulent contracts, and if I start paying old debts, I will not last a month in office. If you have not collected, be prepared, you are not going to collect from me, collect now, strike now, I am telling you, because I am not going to pay old debts," he stressed.

During a meeting organized by the Dominican Small and Medium Business Confederation, Mejia said that bakers should start planting trees for making artisan breads using firewood. "With the planting of 20 mesquite trees you have firewood for a whole year in a bakery, I do not believe it should be limited to a "I cannot cut down a tree because it will damage the environment and the ecology, this is false, what you have to do is plant more trees." The presidential candidate said that he does not suffer from "traumatic ecologist" syndrome.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#7)