PDA

View Full Version : 03/2012 - Best Villas To stay, Close to the Strip

dadmac
03-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Evening Bro's,

I hear alot on many posts, its more cost effective to rent a Villa compared to hotels. Would love to get a list of the top picks of perferred Villas in the area (Perferably walking distance if possible) of the strip in Sosua. Looking to start pricing for a very near future trip and would love your take. Obviously a good spot without any problems and decent security. If you have any pics, that would be great too.....

DCIronman
03-24-2012, 02:27 PM
The only villa I know about that is actually within walking distance of the strip is the Lion's Pride villa. Never stayed there. But I've heard good things about it.

I believe that most who want to rent a villa and still be reasonably close to the strip rent in either the Hispanola, or the Casa Linda developments. Their websites are www.hispaniolarealestate.com (http://www.hispaniolarealestate.com), and www.casalindacity.com (http://www.casalindacity.com). I've stayed in both developments, and it all depends upon your personal preferences.

I've heard that Casa Linda fosters more of a party atmosphere. While Hispaniola encourages its renter to be a lot more discrete.

Both are comparable in cost and quality. Hispaniola is a lot closer to the strip, though still not walking distance IMO.

Be sure to also check vacation rental sites like www.vrbo.com (http://www.vrbo.com) and www.vacationrentals.com (http://www.vacationrentals.com). A lot of villa owners will also list their villas on these sites. Renting directly from the owner has it's benefits. You can usually negotiate the price with the owner, and you usually avoid the 16% sales tax that both Hispaniola and Casa Linda will tack onto the rental cost. And you just might find a jewell of a villa that is not located in the bigger communities.

Also realize that the cost savings that result in sharing a villa might be offset by the need to rent a vehicle. Some villa communities, Hispaniola in particular, don't allow motoconchos on the premises. It's a policy geared towards security and noise control. So you usually have to rent a car/scooter if you plan on staying in a villa community.

Since we started doing the villas in Sosua it's been hard to go back to a hotel. The last time I stayed in a hotel in Sosua was in Feb. '10. And that was just because the snowstorm had me stranded in the DR solo.

Anyway, hope that helps. Good luck. Have fun. Write a trip report.:mrgreen:

deezl
03-24-2012, 02:51 PM
http://www.homeaway.com/

I think is actually the best/most comprehensive vacation rental site in the world.

lots of nice places in the Sosua/Cabarete area.

Apos
03-24-2012, 04:06 PM
@ DC and deezl - nice posts and links!

Thanks

mikelodge
03-25-2012, 12:16 AM
The only villa I know about that is actually within walking distance of the strip is the Lion's Pride villa. Never stayed there. But I've heard good things about it.

I believe that most who want to rent a villa and still be reasonably close to the strip rent in either the Hispanola, or the Casa Linda developments. Their websites are www.hispaniolarealestate.com (http://www.hispaniolarealestate.com), and www.casalindacity.com (http://www.casalindacity.com). I've stayed in both developments, and it all depends upon your personal preferences.

I've heard that Casa Linda fosters more of a party atmosphere. While Hispaniola encourages its renter to be a lot more discrete.

Both are comparable in cost and quality. Hispaniola is a lot closer to the strip, though still not walking distance IMO.

Be sure to also check vacation rental sites like www.vrbo.com (http://www.vrbo.com) and www.vacationrentals.com (http://www.vacationrentals.com). A lot of villa owners will also list their villas on these sites. Renting directly from the owner has it's benefits. You can usually negotiate the price with the owner, and you usually avoid the 16% sales tax that both Hispaniola and Casa Linda will tack onto the rental cost. And you just might find a jewell of a villa that is not located in the bigger communities.

Also realize that the cost savings that result in sharing a villa might be offset by the need to rent a vehicle. Some villa communities, Hispaniola in particular, don't allow motoconchos on the premises. It's a policy geared towards security and noise control. So you usually have to rent a car/scooter if you plan on staying in a villa community.

Since we started doing the villas in Sosua it's been hard to go back to a hotel. The last time I stayed in a hotel in Sosua was in Feb. '10. And that was just because the snowstorm had me stranded in the DR solo.

Anyway, hope that helps. Good luck. Have fun. Write a trip report.:mrgreen:

This is one of the most detailed and accurate answers you could possibly hope to ever get.
Villas are mostly up across the busy highway usually up a considerable elevation and not in walking distance for normal people. This is where Hispaniola is up way way past the police station and Casa Linda Way way past the highway and even farther up the mountain than the Palms and Tradewinds condos. Very nice up at Casa Linda though and there are a few other dining options up there like Pickaroon and Chile's so you may want to consider that. As DC said nice party atmosphere, I met a girl who actually stayed there (maybe a sponsor WU paid for a couple weeks before he returned lol)

deezl
03-25-2012, 01:04 AM
This is one of the most detailed and accurate answers you could possibly hope to ever get.
Villas are mostly up across the busy highway usually up a considerable elevation and not in walking distance for normal people. This is where Hispaniola is up way way past the police station and Casa Linda Way way past the highway and even farther up the mountain than the Palms and Tradewinds condos. Very nice up at Casa Linda though and there are a few other dining options up there like Pickaroon and Chile's so you may want to consider that. As DC said nice party atmosphere, I met a girl who actually stayed there (maybe a sponsor WU paid for a couple weeks before he returned lol)

It's really not that far. The entrance to the Hispaniola complex probably isn't any further than say the distance from Merengue to Passions, it's just that the walk up is uphill all the way (I've walked all the way up to the Castle and back and that's a good 1/3 of a mile further up). You can easily walk from the Hispaniola entrance to the strip in less than 10 minutes, it's the walk UP that sucks, but it's definitely walkable.

Casa Linda is much further away down the highway, looking at the map it's probably a good mile and a half from the heart of the strip.

Dr World
03-25-2012, 07:03 AM
It's really not that far. The entrance to the Hispaniola complex probably isn't any further than say the distance from Merengue to Passions, it's just that the walk up is uphill all the way (I've walked all the way up to the Castle and back and that's a good 1/3 of a mile further up). You can easily walk from the Hispaniola entrance to the strip in less than 10 minutes, it's the walk UP that sucks, but it's definitely walkable.

Casa Linda is much further away down the highway, looking at the map it's probably a good mile and a half from the heart of the strip.

I have walked also--20 feet from the gate of Hispaniola is the street -you can see Classicos from there..

DCIronman
03-25-2012, 07:48 AM

Actually, some of the Hispaniola villas are that far away. It's a pretty big complex, and most of the villas aren't at the entrance. A lot of the nice ones are way at the back of the complex. And they built most of them uphill so they'd have an ocean view. My favorite, #83, is at least a mile from the strip, over half of which is uphill. So I guess you could walk it. The hatian construction workers do it all of the time. I personally refuse to walk that far, uphill and in the carribean sun on my vacation everytime I wanted to hit the strip. And, more importantly, I'd be loathe to ask a chica to do it.

Also take into consideration that the management strongly discourages guys walking their chicas through the complex out of consideration for the many families that live there.

dadmac
03-25-2012, 07:55 AM
So, is there really any advantage to renting a villa other than costs? Should I just break my DR cherry at a motel first time around?

DCIronman
03-25-2012, 08:20 AM
So, is there really any advantage to renting a villa other than costs? Should I just break my DR cherry at a motel first time around?

Other than the fact that the average villa will be much nicer than any hotel room on the strip, here are my reasons for going the villa route:

1. The comforts of home while on vacation.
2. More privacy and quiet.
3. Private pool. (can't stress this one enough) And some units have jacuzzis as well.
4. Asthetics. Some of these villas are very nice.:mrgreen:
5. Distance from the strip. Sometimes I need to get away from the action in order to relax.
6. Better security. The guards at Casa Linda keep a written record of problem chicas, and won't evenallow them into the complex. This actually happened to my wingman once. We couldn't even bribe the guard to let the chica in. So my wingman had to go back to the strip and get another. And villa security guards won't give a chica back her cedula unless you're with her.
7. Chica control. Chicas are less likely to act up if they know they gotta walk past armed guards, then gate security, and then walk a ways just to get a motoconcho.
8. Did I already mention the private pools?:corky:
9. Most villa communities are close enough to the strip so that going back and forth is not a chore.

These are my reasons. Other guys may have different ones. And some guys prefer the hotels. It's all about your personal preferences.

Coolie High
03-30-2012, 03:52 AM
Other than the fact that the average villa will be much nicer than any hotel room on the strip, here are my reasons for going the villa route:

1. The comforts of home while on vacation.
2. More privacy and quiet.
3. Private pool. (can't stress this one enough) And some units have jacuzzis as well.
4. Asthetics. Some of these villas are very nice.:mrgreen:
5. Distance from the strip. Sometimes I need to get away from the action in order to relax.
6. Better security. The guards at Casa Linda keep a written record of problem chicas, and won't evenallow them into the complex. This actually happened to my wingman once. We couldn't even bribe the guard to let the chica in. So my wingman had to go back to the strip and get another. And villa security guards won't give a chica back her cedula unless you're with her.
7. Chica control. Chicas are less likely to act up if they know they gotta walk past armed guards, then gate security, and then walk a ways just to get a motoconcho.
8. Did I already mention the private pools?:corky:
9. Most villa communities are close enough to the strip so that going back and forth is not a chore.

These are my reasons. Other guys may have different ones. And some guys prefer the hotels. It's all about your personal preferences.

AMEN!! I couldn’t have said it better myself. Once you stay in a nice villa its damn near impossible to go back to mongering in a hotel. Hell anything less than a villa on ur vacation would be uncivilized :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Seville
03-30-2012, 10:39 AM
For your first trip you could check out Lion's Pride. They have one 4 bedroom villa and one 2 bedroom villa. They are right in town and everything is within walking distance, Passions is next door. The two bedroom has a bigger pool than the 4 bedroom. They are both nice.

balcoach
03-30-2012, 11:32 AM
If your traveling solo, check out my spot for years.... www.condosdominicano.com (http://www.condosdominicano.com)
Not a villa, but a step up from a hotel room.
Laid back, and very affordable.
NO AC.. could be tough on some gringos
Great location and offers studios. 1 BR. and 2 BR's.

only a suggestions... enjoy your trip

dadmac
03-31-2012, 08:56 AM
okay guys, its booking time for trip #1. Thanks so much for the very important input. Im leaning towards lions but any opinions in Rocky's??

TNT72
03-31-2012, 09:34 AM
okay guys, its booking time for trip #1. Thanks so much for the very important input. Im leaning towards lions but any opinions in Rocky's??

I always stay at Rockys. You cant beat the service. The past few trips, and the upcoming trip, i'm at Sosua Suites. 1 bedroom condos newly remodeled. A one minute walk to the center of town.

Apos
03-31-2012, 11:25 AM
AND it's located directly across the street from Rocky's so it's really no further to stumble in for breakfast than if you were staying in the room at the back of Rocky's!

I always stay at Rockys. You cant beat the service. The past few trips, and the upcoming trip, i'm at Sosua Suites. 1 bedroom condos newly remodeled. A one minute walk to the center of town.

GREEKFREAK
05-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Aside from renting a car if staying at Casa Linda...are there many taxis they run around there?....what would be the cost of a taxi to and from ?...

thanks in advance!

Seville
05-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Aside from renting a car if staying at Casa Linda...are there many taxis they run around there?....what would be the cost of a taxi to and from ?...

thanks in advance!

You would have to have several taxi numbers so you could call them when you needed. I wouldn't pay more than 300 - 400 pesos.

chitownpimp
05-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I just recently stayed at Casa Linda without a rental car, we paid a average of 200-300 pesos per trip. You should have at least 3 taxi numbers available to call. Most will come to pick you up in 15 minutes or less.

GREEKFREAK
05-05-2012, 07:35 PM
thanks for the reply its looking like Casa Linda

TNT72
05-05-2012, 07:46 PM
AND it's located directly across the street from Rocky's so it's really no further to stumble in for breakfast than if you were staying in the room at the back of Rocky's!

Well, after this past trip, speaking of stumbling................

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

mikelodge
05-08-2012, 12:02 AM
I just recently stayed at Casa Linda without a rental car, we paid a average of 200-300 pesos per trip. You should have at least 3 taxi numbers available to call. Most will come to pick you up in 15 minutes or less.

Great Info and for somebody really looking for something looking more like a Villa and not just another hotel addition

eldorob
05-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Did this guy go yet?

Don't overplan. Forget the villa. For 1st trip stay at rockys or new garden. You can roll out of bed, down to breakfast and have a beach date before your OJ is gone.

All you need is one fistful of condoms, a fistful of dollars and some clean undies. And the clean undies & condoms are optional.

It's so easy a caveman could do it.

ATrain91
05-08-2012, 06:46 PM

Just wondering if you have a web site handy for either Rocky's or Sosua Suites. If not I will just do a quick search for them.

Thanks!

deezl
05-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Just wondering if you have a web site handy for either Rocky's or Sosua Suites. If not I will just do a quick search for them.

Thanks!

http://www.rockysbar.com/Rooms.htm

ATrain91
05-08-2012, 06:52 PM
http://www.rockysbar.com/Rooms.htm

Thanks man that was quick! I just hit enter!!! Checking it out now...

Thanks!!

Sidney
05-09-2012, 06:14 PM
ROCKY'S is the best for me. I have lived there for 2.5 years !:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

GREEKFREAK
05-15-2012, 12:34 AM
all confirmed for villa #622 Casa Linda 6/13-18 .... figured I would do it up since i just been used to hotels when on vacation. I am told i should keep some phone numbers of taxi drivers..anyone know any i can use? it would be greatly appreciated. also i know the price is about 3-500 pesos each way which is good..but how many minutes away is it from the strip?

thanks in advance

Chief Papi Lindo
05-15-2012, 01:04 AM
Did this guy go yet?

Don't overplan. Forget the villa. For 1st trip stay at rockys or new garden. You can roll out of bed, down to breakfast and have a beach date before your OJ is gone.

All you need is one fistful of condoms, a fistful of dollars and some clean undies. And the clean undies & condoms are optional.

It's so easy a caveman could do it.

casa cayanna is a good option too...

bronxbomber718
05-15-2012, 01:28 AM
all confirmed for villa #622 Casa Linda 6/13-18 .... figured I would do it up since i just been used to hotels when on vacation. I am told i should keep some phone numbers of taxi drivers..anyone know any i can use? it would be greatly appreciated. also i know the price is about 3-500 pesos each way which is good..but how many minutes away is it from the strip?

thanks in advance

622 is all the way in the back so you might want to consider renting a car as the taxi will only drop you at the gate

GREEKFREAK
05-15-2012, 01:31 AM
622 is all the way in the back so you might want to consider renting a car as the taxi will only drop you at the gate

damn was not planning on renting a car.....when you say all the way it the back...is it a crazy walk to the gate?..like how many minutes would you say walking ?

bronxbomber718
05-15-2012, 01:48 AM
damn was not planning on renting a car.....when you say all the way it the back...is it a crazy walk to the gate?..like how many minutes would you say walking ?

depends on a lot of factors the complex is a lot of hills and curves, I would say about 10-15 minutes and I'm sure most chics arent going to want to walk that. Here's the complex layout

http://www.casalindacity.com/Assets/Head%20page/casa%20linda%20map.pdf

GREEKFREAK
05-15-2012, 02:07 AM
depends on a lot of factors the complex is a lot of hills and curves, I would say about 10-15 minutes and I'm sure most chics arent going to want to walk that. Here's the complex layout

http://www.casalindacity.com/Assets/Head page/casa linda map.pdf

Thanks for the advice. I'm not really concerned with how much distance a chica is willing to walk lol . the last thing on my mind

Chief Papi Lindo
05-15-2012, 02:15 AM
i know motochonchos cant turn into the complex but taxi's cant either?

DCIronman
05-15-2012, 06:40 AM
i know motochonchos cant turn into the complex but taxi's cant either?

Unless its a recent rule, I think that taxis are allowed inside the complex. Motoconchos aren't, for noise and security reasons. But taxis should be okay.

You could always call to make sure.

chitownpimp
05-15-2012, 06:59 AM
I stayed in Villa 622 about 3 weeks ago without a car. No worries on our end, we called a taxi to pick us up everything we wanted to go to strip. DO NOT pay more than 300 pesos for a taxi, the max we ever gave each driver was 300 pesos for a one way trip to town or to the villa. Yes 622 is far in the back of community but the taxi will drive to the villa as he will drive to villa to pick you up.

We utilized 3 cab drivers or simply called the Sosua Cab company to pick us up which was always 10 minutes or less even at 2am in the morning. BTW 622 is a great villa in terms of quality, far enough that you can play music and have 4 chicas at the pool and with the 15% May discount the price is better than Hispaniola.

deezl
05-15-2012, 11:05 AM
I stayed in Villa 622 about 3 weeks ago without a car. No worries on our end, we called a taxi to pick us up everything we wanted to go to strip. DO NOT pay more than 300 pesos for a taxi, the max we ever gave each driver was 300 pesos for a one way trip to town or to the villa. Yes 622 is far in the back of community but the taxi will drive to the villa as he will drive to villa to pick you up.

We utilized 3 cab drivers or simply called the Sosua Cab company to pick us up which was always 10 minutes or less even at 2am in the morning. BTW 622 is a great villa in terms of quality, far enough that you can play music and have 4 chicas at the pool and with the 15% May discount the price is better than Hispaniola.

I don't think it should be any more than 200p for a taxi within town.

300p will get you all the way to Cabarete.

GREEKFREAK
05-15-2012, 10:17 PM
ended up getting villa 81...quick question. will chicas think they are gonna get more out of me because I'm staying in a villa as appose to a hotel? will this work against me.
2) assuming i took a girl for st during the day to the villa...MUST I take care of her taxi back to sosua??

drdreamer
05-15-2012, 10:31 PM
ended up getting villa 81...quick question. will chicas think they are gonna get more out of me because I'm staying in a villa as appose to a hotel? will this work against me.
2) assuming i took a girl for st during the day to the villa...MUST I take care of her taxi back to sosua??

1/ NO
2/ YES

TNT72
05-15-2012, 10:32 PM

You don't HAVE to. But, I bet after the first chica or two, the whole town of chicas will know that they need to up their price, since your not taking care of the taxi back!!

GREEKFREAK
05-15-2012, 10:54 PM
You don't HAVE to. But, I bet after the first chica or two, the whole town of chicas will know that they need to up their price, since your not taking care of the taxi back!!

LOL . great observation TNT.I won't be setting the trend lol ill take care of the taxi. i just wanted to know if it was expected of me or not.

balcoach
05-16-2012, 06:45 AM
LOL . great observation TNT.I won't be setting the trend lol ill take care of the taxi. i just wanted to know if it was expected of me or not.

Walk them to the gate and give them moto money or money for publico... 50 pesos should cover it. Don't be calling for a private taxi for every girl you bring into your place, just my opinion

DCIronman
05-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Walk them to the gate and give them moto money or money for publico... 50 pesos should cover it. Don't be calling for a private taxi for every girl you bring into your place, just my opinion

Don't know about Casa Linda, but Hispaniola highly discourages guys walking their chicas through the community. Though they welcome monger renters, they expect them to use a certain amount of discretion for the benefit of the many others living in the community that aren't in Sosua for the chicas.

Casa Linda has a Different sort of vibe though. Maybe they don't care.

GREEKFREAK
05-16-2012, 02:41 PM
thanks for the info ..cant they assume its my girlfriend or something??..the moto thing sounds more logical then a private taxi twice a day> and thats just me not counting my friends lol

Hemp
05-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Did a hotel my first trip..the classic yet infamous Europa, since have always stayed at villas and did both Hisp. and casa linda...both are great respectively... and a better option after a trip or two in my opinion...only thing is i would rent a car...

but it seems guys stay there and just do taxi's with no issues..so ethier or seems relatively fine

had some great times pool side at casa linda....im assuming you still must remain "grown and sexy up there" :o

pirate
07-18-2012, 03:08 PM
On my next rip i will definitely be going the villa route and id love one that is rather close to the strip and i have found my answer to this i have RTFF lol. So from what i understand and have read is that if i want to make it nasty pool side wit a few chicas and party a lil bit stay far away from Hispaniola?? Is this correct. Thanks in advance any info is good info please do suggest villas i appreciate it

Dr World
07-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Don't know about Casa Linda, but Hispaniola highly discourages guys walking their chicas through the community. Though they welcome monger renters, they expect them to use a certain amount of discretion for the benefit of the many others living in the community that aren't in Sosua for the chicas.

Casa Linda has a Different sort of vibe though. Maybe they don't care.

I normally stay in Hispanolia-- they do not want a renters walking girls from the front gate to the house. If you stay in Hispanolia it is strongly advised to get a car because most houses are not close to the front gate. You can walk to classicos from the front gate but it is not a short walk and you will quickly get tired of the walk.

My friends stayed in a Casa Linda-- you definitely need a car because it is further from the strip than Hispanolia-- my friends loved the house but they could not bring in more girls for a party.. They only allowed one girl per renter in the house.

Hopefully I will never stay in either again. I stayed in a one bedroom condo apart from friends in Casa Linda and Hispanolia with my own car and I had the best vacation ever.

DCIronman
07-18-2012, 04:46 PM
On my next rip i will definitely be going the villa route and id love one that is rather close to the strip and i have found my answer to this i have RTFF lol. So from what i understand and have read is that if i want to make it nasty pool side wit a few chicas and party a lil bit stay far away from Hispaniola?? Is this correct. Thanks in advance any info is good info please do suggest villas i appreciate it

Nope. You can get as nasty as you want in the pool, and party til the sun comes up. They just don't want you disturbing your neighbors, or parading your putas on foot through the community. Hence, the discretion.

I've stayed in Hispaniola many times. And I love hot naked pool sex.:iconTU:

mikelodge
07-26-2012, 09:49 PM
I normally stay in Hispanolia-- they do not want a renters walking girls from the front gate to the house. If you stay in Hispanolia it is strongly advised to get a car because most houses are not close to the front gate. You can walk to classicos from the front gate but it is not a short walk and you will quickly get tired of the walk.

My friends stayed in a Casa Linda-- you definitely need a car because it is further from the strip than Hispanolia-- my friends loved the house but they could not bring in more girls for a party.. They only allowed one girl per renter in the house.

Hopefully I will never stay in either again. I stayed in a one bedroom condo apart from friends in Casa Linda and Hispanolia with my own car and I had the best vacation ever.

For a Man to have some Freedom to choose you need a car anyway. Want to go to Field of Dreams or Blackbeards for a contest or to see some finery at Cristals in PP you want a car.

You want to hit some smaller towns and maybe go out to the beaches at Los Terranas/ Samana or simply to drive 10 minutes to Cabarete to a nicer beach and watch all the hot kite surfer girls from all over Europe and locals nice variety.

Be able to go across town in the rain and there will be rain instead of having to hide in a little shithole cuz the girl won't get her hair wet or it will snake up like being electricuted.

Those bitches will not get their hair wet so forget riding on a moto with them they will leave you for a guy with a car sometimes

kris boog
12-15-2012, 04:23 AM
I have read a few posts that reference members staying at Lions Pride Villas, but I have not been able to find a lot of feedback on their experiences. For the members that have stayed their, can you give me a quick summary of your experience.

Did you deal with Alexander Morales from Dubaisa Atlantic realty?
Was there an onsite security guard particularly at night? Did you feel safe?
[*=left] Did you put down a 10% deposit and pay the remainder upon arrival?
[*=left]What was your overall assessment and would you recommend the place?

I'm looking to do a villa and don't want to rent a car or deal with the long walk in Hispaniola. Please advise.

Thanks,

Kris

papirazzi
12-15-2012, 05:30 AM
I have read a few posts that reference members staying at Lions Pride Villas, but I have not been able to find a lot of feedback on their experiences. For the members that have stayed their, can you give me a quick summary of your experience.

Did you deal with Alexander Morales from Dubaisa Atlantic realty?
Was there an onsite security guard particularly at night? Did you feel safe?
[*=left] Did you put down a 10% deposit and pay the remainder upon arrival?
[*=left]What was your overall assessment and would you recommend the place?

I'm looking to do a villa and don't want to rent a car or deal with the long walk in Hispaniola. Please advise.

Thanks,

Kris

Kris have you read any of the reports on here? I stay there about 80% of the time I'm there. Love the place! I don't deal with any reality as I'm kinda cool with the owner and the dude that runs the place. I was just there last month (in my report). I've stayed at both and you can't beat the location.

hugrad95a
12-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Kris have you read any of the reports on here? I stay there about 80% of the time I'm there. Love the place! I don't deal with any reality as I'm kinda cool with the owner and the dude that runs the place. I was just there last month (in my report). I've stayed at both and you can't beat the location.

Ah I don't think you have posted more than your current report papirazzi. You must be confusing yourself with someone else. Lol

praguealchemist
12-17-2012, 12:30 AM
There is also Las Canas that is up the La Mulatta hill. I believe they just have apartments, but the pool is large enough you may think its your own. to get there, you turn left at the private school going up the la mulatta hill and the entrance is right there. I believe they have a 500 a month apartments if you stay a minimum of two months and the pool is supposed to be the biggest in the entire area. It's really big. Beautiful looking property, but I dont know if the place is chica friendly right now. Quiet area so you get some peace away from the action when you want it. They also have a shuttle service into town for guests so that makes going into town easier and more convenient. If anyone knows if the place is chica friendly right now then it would be perfect for me for my next visit. I've done the walk up and down the hill and there is a nice german deli/restaurant close on the main mulatta street. The last time I was there earlier this year there was a pleasant dominican with good German language skills and pleasant service and the place offered items at a better price than the bavaria deli/store on the main sosua/cabarete road. I consider this german place a hidden gem with a nice little area to sit down outside like a beer garden. just seems like every time I visited, there werent more than two customers. Probably because its off the beaten track, but I really enjoyed the German coldcuts and sausages with my cold german beer outside. Wear some off since mosquitos can be a pain sitting outside there.

papirazzi
12-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Ah I don't think you have posted more than your current report papirazzi. You must be confusing yourself with someone else. Lol

hahahaha...I know that dude though...we have similar tastes!!! :wink:

el_papi_chew_low
01-13-2013, 02:10 PM
I've stayed at many spots in Sosua including Casa Linda, Tradewinds, Europa, Colibri, New Gardens, Sosua Suites, Sosua Bay, etc. My best experiences have been at Casa Linda, especially with the private pool and nice kitchen. I like being able to have a nice private party, and it being peaceful enough for me to get some sleep when I need it. The villas are definitely a classy move and Hispaniola has always been professional in my dealings with them.

Colibri is a really nice property with a big pool and breakfast is included, but it is on the other end of the strip near Passions, which wasn't a big deal for me but might be for some others. Sosua Bay was also a good look back in the day. New Garden is still cool if you want to be really close to the action and breakfast is included. I would also consider Casa Cayena, if I wanted to be pretty close to the action and breakfast is also included. D'Piero also looked OK when I check it out in December.

Some of the things that are important to me include:

Chica friendly (a must)
Big comfortable bed
Clean (in and around the place)
Secure in and out
A location that allows me to get some sleep (Sosua can be loud but I don't like unnecessary noise like loud construction, etc. in the mourning)
Hot water in the shower
Fridge
Reasonably reliable wifi
Breakfast (if not in a place with a kitchen and utensils)
Nice clean pool
Nice TV that works (sometimes I might wanna watch something with a chica, like porn at New Garden, for instance, lol)

el_papi_chew_low
06-08-2014, 02:18 PM
The only villa I know about that is actually within walking distance of the strip is the Lion's Pride villa.

http://www.villalionspride.com/