PDA

View Full Version : JFK-STI $299 r/t via AA

deezl
03-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Another price match! 3 airlines now offering direct flights from JFK-STI for $299 - Delta, JetBlue and now American Airlines

Madness!

Price confirmed on AA.com for dates in May

El-Rey
03-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Yep. I did $280 last month

Rubicon
03-27-2012, 01:52 PM
deezl, I think you posted the other regarding Jet Blue. Are there deadlines by which the tickets have to be purchased?

deezl
03-27-2012, 02:14 PM
deezl, I think you posted the other regarding Jet Blue. Are there deadlines by which the tickets have to be purchased?

There's always a sort of unknowable deadline in that the price could change at any time. Tickets could still be available at that price a month or a year from now (very unlikely), the price could jump back to $380 in an hour, there's no way to know for sure. If you see one airline bump the price back up then the others will probably follow.

I'd suggest that if you know when you're going to have some time free and you want to go and you can get that fare for your dates - book it now, it's not going to get any lower.

Dave Diaz
03-27-2012, 02:55 PM

There's always a sort of unknowable deadline in that the price could change at any time. Tickets could still be available at that price a month or a year from now (very unlikely), the price could jump back to $380 in an hour, there's no way to know for sure. If you see one airline bump the price back up then the others will probably follow.

I'd suggest that if you know when you're going to have some time free and you want to go and you can get that fare for your dates - book it now, it's not going to get any lower.

Rubi you can also lock the fare by HOLDING the reservation with AA. I been practicing and doing a hold EVERYDAYYY. Hold it today, it expires tomorrow. When tomorrow comes check the price, if its higher then you have to book your hold. If its not higher then just cancel your hold and place a new hold, it'll expire the next day, ETC and just repeat the cycle.

This $299 RT fare is fucking amazing!! I agree with Deezl though it def isn't going to get lower. This is as good as it gets right here.

Rubicon
03-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Rubi you can also lock the fare by HOLDING the reservation with AA.

It might sound crazy, I don't know, but, on that short of a distance I book only flights that have no layovers and, if I remember correctly, AA has that Miami stop.

deezl
03-27-2012, 05:40 PM
It might sound crazy, I don't know, but, on that short of a distance I book only flights that have no layovers and, if I remember correctly, AA has that Miami stop.

not all of them.

the screencap confirmation i posted is a direct flight.

Rubicon
03-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Yes, you're right. I hadn't noticed that. Well, it's great to have some more choices. :iconTU:

princepointe
03-28-2012, 03:14 AM
i hate you bastards. lol

Dave Diaz
03-28-2012, 06:14 AM

Its not crazy at all Rubi. Who in their right mind wants to spend a day to get to STI?? No Thanks. Plus the layover doesn't even really give you much of a bonus with miles so its worthless time wise and mile wise (the layover) so definitely direct is the only way to go. :iconTU:

El-Rey
03-28-2012, 06:21 AM
AA 1st flite is Direct to STI. All others and POP is layover in miami

Rubicon
03-28-2012, 07:58 AM
AA 1st flite is Direct to STI. All others and POP is layover in miami

Yeah, you're right. I've been flying directly into POP for so long (with the exception of flying once or twice into STI so long ago I don't remember much about it) and have never really considered the other routes. Gonna definitely consider STI now.

Also, I have to renew my residency soon so I will probably fly into SDQ to get that taken care of and then take the bus to POP. That will be a whole new experience for me.

Thanks for the advice/suggestions fellas.

DCIronman
03-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Its not crazy at all Rubi. Who in their right mind wants to spend a day to get to STI?? No Thanks. Plus the layover doesn't even really give you much of a bonus with miles so its worthless time wise and mile wise (the layover) so definitely direct is the only way to go. :iconTU:

Unfortunately, a lot of frequent visitors to the DR don't have direct flights as an option. You'd think we'd have them here in DC. But alas, such is not the case. I would gladly pay more money for a direct flight to the DR. The best I can do is a short layover in MIA, ATL, JFK, or even PTY.

Dave Diaz
03-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately, a lot of frequent visitors to the DR don't have direct flights as an option. You'd think we'd have them here in DC. But alas, such is not the case. I would gladly pay more money for a direct flight to the DR. The best I can do is a short layover in MIA, ATL, JFK, or even PTY.

DAMNNNN. I'm going to count my blessings and be thankful I have access to 3 airports here in NYC plus we have such a large dominican population it seems only right they make DR easily accessible.

A short layover isnt that bad but must be a pain on a trip that is suppose to be less than 4 hours. You guys outside of NYC that have to deal with the layovers and the crazy pricing are true warriors!!! I salute you sir