PDA

View Full Version : How many of those who have visited the DR started at Blackbeards?

weyland
04-01-2012, 12:27 PM
There's no trip like the first. Many of us started at Blackbeards.
I know I did. How many others?

Only vote concerning your first mongering visit to the DR. Ignore "straight" holidays in AIs with your family or SO.

If you mongered elsewhere before you first DR trip I have added extra options for that.

El-Rey
04-01-2012, 01:32 PM
I actually JUST heard about BB's a few months ago. Had a friend who went last month and he didnt like it.

whynotme
04-01-2012, 01:44 PM
i was 16 in jamaica when i first did p4p:corky:

but that was a very long time ago and my next overseas mongering trip was over 30 years later to the dr in 2004 (before i new about isoc) to an ai where i visited the high end pop places and cabanas :rofl:

in 2005 i joined isoc and 1st met Lm and Tg37 at yyz and flew down to sosua for several trips and i made 1 trip to bbs before moving on to cuba and then asia:iconTU:

Jimmydr
04-01-2012, 02:30 PM
I know I did. How many others?

Only vote concerning your first mongering visit to the DR. Ignore "straight" holidays in AIs with your family or SO.

If you mongered elsewhere before you first DR trip I have added extra options for that.

There was no Blackbeards when I first went to Sosua in 1997.

naptime
04-01-2012, 02:31 PM
9 trips and i still dont know where black beards is. or the other place the people talk about, the name escapes me..

Jimbo44
04-01-2012, 02:34 PM
My first trip out of country to tag chicas was in 2006. I was told about BB when I got to NG, and ended up visiting my next trip for the bikini contest
I never stayed there and never will. i need the nightlife,, and know i would get bored to death!!!

miggy99
04-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Was booked to go there but Spirit cancelled the flightat midnight into Santiago (pilot was sick)put me and my bud up in hotel by FLL wasn't waitin till midnight next day so booked to SDQ googled boca chica rest5 is history. Never went don't care to. Buddy went for a weekend in Feb. said it sucked---

Apos
04-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Never stayed there but have dropped in for a beer a few times. It's much smaller than I thought. :eek:

If I was there with 2 or 3 buddies and we took off exploring during the day I might no go crazy :p, but there just doesn't seem to be enough going on for more than a couple of nights otherwise. I like the ease and variety of other places, town, cities. ANY hotel is just going to feel stifling pretty damn quick!

Of course if I got hooked up with the right couple of chicas...I might have a few happy...days :rolleyes:

Was booked to go there but Spirit cancelled the flightat midnight into Santiago (pilot was sick)put me and my bud up in hotel by FLL wasn't waitin till midnight next day so booked to SDQ googled boca chica rest5 is history. Never went don't care to. Buddy went for a weekend in Feb. said it sucked---

Skynyrd
04-01-2012, 06:34 PM
I cut my teeth in San Jose Costa Rica then went back 3 times that year :mrgreen:

SrSuerte
04-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I Think La Ceiba, Honduras was my first location. I got pussy drunk. The hotel Doorman was bringing girls to the room back to back to back. Then I started to just go out and pull them from the street myself. Then San Pedro Sula. I was amazed at the level of talent that was out. It was cheap too. ($25)

Marco
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I started out in Boca Chica, and on later trips split my time between Santo Domingo and Boca Chica. I have never stayed at Blackbeard's and I think that I would probably get bored quickly at a place like Blackbeard's.

el toro
04-01-2012, 10:15 PM
I first did P4p overseas while just stopping through various ports with the military, but don't consider that mongering.

I consider my beginning in mongering in 2008 when I first took part in a mongering trip. Which was to Blackbeards.

Longstroke
04-01-2012, 10:23 PM
I originally planned to stay at Blackbeards for my trip, but changed my mind after advice I got from members here. I'm bringing a newbie wing man with me in September that wanted to stay at Blackbeards, but I've talked him out of it as well.

Tiger
04-02-2012, 10:39 AM
I have been to Sosua and POP many times. I stopped in at BBs once to see what it was all about. I think we had one beer and checked out the rooms and took off. I have no interest in going back. IMO there are too may chicas and too much to do in Sousa to waste a day there when I'm in town for only 7-10 days.

I'm not even interested in the bikini contests very much. There was one going on at the NG when I was staying at the TL and I didn't even bother to walk down to check it out. Too many guys and too loud for me.

Just my opinion......

ezsmile
04-02-2012, 03:14 PM
oops, I think I chose #2 but should have chosen #4..........Fond memories of Remington Palace got in the way.
Not that it matters, I have never been to BB's.

DASBOOTY
04-02-2012, 04:02 PM
i was 16 in jamaica when i first did p4p:corky:

but that was a very long time ago and my next overseas mongering trip was over 30 years later to the dr in 2004 (before i new about isoc) to an ai where i visited the high end pop places and cabanas :rofl:

in 2005 i joined isoc and 1st met Lm and Tg37 at yyz and flew down to sosua for several trips and i made 1 trip to bbs before moving on to cuba and then asia:iconTU:

Never mind the cabaņas, I almost had one in the room at my resort :lol:.

My first trip the north coast of the D.R. was in 2004. I stayed at an AI in Playa Dorada. I wasn't mongering back then and I had no clue about the range of prostitution in the D.R.

There was a female/male housekeeping team cleaning the rooms in the resort, and the chica housekeeper was a hottie. One day they came to clean my room and I left my room as they entered. Then the male housekeeper chased after me and asked me "do you like the girl?". I thought ":wtf1:, did this guy just offer me the chica maid:confused:".......................:rofl::rofl::rofl:.

That was my first inkling of what was going on in the D.R. (regarding p4p). I would soon learn a whole lot more ;) :biggrin:.

BorisDaBulletDodger
04-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I went to college near the canadian border and routinely used to drive to Montreal for hookers partying and gambling. Not sure if that counts.

My first official mongering trip via plane was to Amsterdam.

My first trip to DR mongering was planned with poor research, took a gamble, booked a flight on Spirit to SDQ drove to Cabarete with my reservation on Hotels.com, but got screwed by Hotels.com and ended up at Blackbeards with good luck/accident. I met several people there who introduced me to ISOC which I never knew about.

Jimmydr
04-02-2012, 07:59 PM
I went to college near the canadian border and routinely used to drive to Montreal for hookers partying and gambling. Not sure if that counts.

My first official mongering trip via plane was to Amsterdam.

It counts.:iconTU:

Seville
04-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Now that I think about it when I was stationed in Germany back in 1974 my buddy and I used to travel to different countries, Belguim , Luxemburg, Holland, France ect. every monthly payday and there was always a whore or two involved in those trips. Amsterdam was the only place we went twice.:wink:

BlueDevil
04-02-2012, 10:08 PM
My one and only DR "takeout" was from Blackbeard's, even though I did not stay there. I kept her for a week, and returned her where I had found her. :wink:

weyland
04-02-2012, 10:31 PM
It counts
It's my thread. I'll decide whether it counts!

And my decision is ...

... it counts!

el toro
04-02-2012, 10:47 PM
It's my thread. I'll decide whether it counts!

And my decision is ...

... it counts!

Driving across the Canadian or Mexican border doesn't count IMO as overseas mongering. That's like me going down to Atlantic City, winning a few bucks on the roulette table and getting a hooker. That's just getting a hooker, no mongering experience. Taking a trip with the primary interest of P4P sex for a few days or more is what I call mongering. That's just me.

Jimmydr
04-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Driving across the Canadian or Mexican border doesn't count IMO as overseas mongering. That's like me going down to Atlantic City, winning a few bucks on the roulette table and getting a hooker. That's just getting a hooker, no mongering experience. Taking a trip with the primary interest of P4P sex for a few days or more is what I call mongering. That's just me.

TJ is just like Sosua. It is mongering.

Happyhorn
04-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Driving to Nueva Laredo, spending three days in boystown drinking and chasing chicas is mongering.

ATrain91
04-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Started out in Rio back when the currency exchange was insane!!!

Jimmydr
04-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Started out in Rio back when the currency exchange was insane!!!

Well tell us about it:iconTU:

yayow
04-04-2012, 11:41 PM
I actually JUST heard about BB's a few months ago. Had a friend who went last month and he didnt like it.

I visited DR many times before I moved to country, during all those trips never heard of BBs.

Didn't hear of it till I joined this site, and by that time I already lived in country, still never stayed there although went there a couple of times for drinks or lunch. Still haven't been to one of their bikini contests.

Finally bit the bullet and stayed there one night just last month, during my fifth year in country. I enjoyed myself, I probably will stay there again, but I don't think for more than a two night stay.

yayow
04-04-2012, 11:59 PM
staying at BB's last month was a bit of a spur of the moment thing. I stopped in there in Feb. because I was meeting a chica in POP and had a couple of hours to kill before she got off of work. I liked the talent level, so when I got back in March decided why not spend a night. Main reason was just to get some numbers, and that was successful. During the couple of hours in Feb. and the night in March I got I think 8 numbers, I really would prefer to do their chicas on their time off, it just works better for me. But if I see good talent on here or decide to stop in for a drink and like what I see, I can see myself doing it again for a night probably, but maybe two. Part of it is that I got a car, and therefore am not forced to stay there all day, without doing some exploring, or meeting some other chicas.

el toro
04-05-2012, 04:49 PM
staying at BB's last month was a bit of a spur of the moment thing. I stopped in there in Feb. because I was meeting a chica in POP and had a couple of hours to kill before she got off of work. I liked the talent level, so when I got back in March decided why not spend a night. Main reason was just to get some numbers, and that was successful. During the couple of hours in Feb. and the night in March I got I think 8 numbers, I really would prefer to do their chicas on their time off, it just works better for me. But if I see good talent on here or decide to stop in for a drink and like what I see, I can see myself doing it again for a night probably, but maybe two. Part of it is that I got a car, and therefore am not forced to stay there all day, without doing some exploring, or meeting some other chicas.

The thing about BB's chicas is that sometimes things are slow and they don't make any $$ for stretches. This means that they're often willing to accomodate guys after their shifts or on days off.

BlueDevil
04-05-2012, 07:02 PM
I visited DR many times before I moved to country, during all those trips never heard of BBs.

Didn't hear of it till I joined this site, and by that time I already lived in country, still never stayed there although went there a couple of times for drinks or lunch. Still haven't been to one of their bikini contests.

Finally bit the bullet and stayed there one night just last month, during my fifth year in country. I enjoyed myself, I probably will stay there again, but I don't think for more than a two night stay.

Kind of like living in Medellin, and never staying at Medellin Mansion...:rofl:

stalino55
04-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Driving to Nueva Laredo, spending three days in boystown drinking and chasing chicas is mongering.

I have to change my choice from BB'S to above.
I was much younger then & had cousins down in N Laredo, I really did not think of it as mongering then, only doing what came naturally!:rofl:

gdogg
04-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Started at the great Sosua Palace and Ballroom. First night in the country we took a field trip out to Blackbeards. We hung out for a couple of hours and dropped off a dude who was hanging with us. When we were leaving, three dudes came rushing out begging us to take them with us. They were bored out of their minds! :rofl:

daddy999
04-07-2012, 02:40 PM
I will have to say that BB's is where it officially started. Dunedain turned me on to the place back in 2008. Upon arrival we went straight to Sosua to see what Passions was all about, before hitting BB's. This is before Peter made all the changes. I remember going straight for the soapy experience and that was something I will never forget.
Anyway, we got to BB's a few hours later and found the place to be pretty cool. I have to admit I like the pace of Sosua better, but do like spending some time at BB's. Depending on how you look at it, it can be a good wind down to your trip for a couple of days or a way to ease into the DR before venturing elsewhere IMO.

BrooklynBeas
04-07-2012, 02:47 PM
My first trip was to SDQ with zero knowledge other then my friend being to SDQ 8 months before this trip, my first, his second... Stayed at Melia Santo Domingo, not a chica friendly hotel but paid off a guard to make it a semi-chica friendly hotel :)

2nd trip to Sosua, 3rd, 4th, 5th.... all the way to 16th all in DR all over the planet of Dominican Republic... (I know it's not a planet, but should be)

Trip 17, 18, 19 to Medellin... All at the Mansion, and was never bored, but I went out and discovered some great casas...

Trip 20 back to Sosua...

Hopefully 21 is to an asian mongering planet... My mind may change cause I just love latinas, but trying to love asians because they deserve some of my money also!

To Be Continued....

cervezalover
04-08-2012, 07:59 AM
The thing about BB's chicas is that sometimes things are slow and they don't make any $$ for stretches. This means that they're often willing to accomodate guys after their shifts or on days off.

The same can be said for Passions girls in Sosua. Get their numbers and call them to show up at your place before they actually start working.

Scrub59
04-09-2012, 01:07 AM
On my first trip to the DR I stayed at the Mustang which became FOD's which is now something else altogether. It was pretty lousey. I was shipped over to Crystals twice a day to get chicas. Crystals was expensive but I did have some great times there. It was there when I found out about Sosua.

In Sosua I found out about BB's. It took me a little while to make it to BB's, but I love it. It's an experience I think everyone who goes to the DR should have. It has the best comraderie in the DR. I never get bored there and if I want to go out late I can go to Crystals. So now I alternate between BB's & Sosua.

weyland
04-09-2012, 12:50 PM
On my first trip to the DR I stayed at the Mustang which became FOD's which is now something else altogether. It was pretty lousey. I was shipped over to Crystals twice a day to get chicas.
That's interesting. Leno bought FoD (it was FoD both before and after it was Mustang Ranch, by the way) precisely to have a captive market for his Cristal putas. I am resident in the area and talk to lots of mongers plus I read a lot on the boards and you are the first person I have heard of who exactly followed his plan. A few hundred more like you over the years and Mustang Ranch would still be flourishing. Unfortunately he totally misjudged things.

GokuSS
04-09-2012, 11:30 PM
My first Mongering outside the USA was Nuevo Laredo Mexico just across the border of Texas in the late 90s; they have a place called Boys Town. Way too dangerous to go there now!
Next was the island of Curacao, fun place but very remote. Mongering was cheep but everything else is expensive.
Next Costa Rica, this place was fun, mongering is legal but not as affordable.
First trip to DR was around 2005, stayed at the Palace (long gone) Wow what a country! Exchange rate was 50 to 1.
I have gone back to the DR at least 5 times.

GokuSS
04-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Forgot to mention I have been to Black Beards.
It has it's perks, especially if you are new to the seen or don't want to bother with learning even the littlest Spanish.
Its problem is location; too far from anything and taxis will eat you up in fees.

BorisDaBulletDodger
04-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Kind of like living in Medellin, and never staying at Medellin Mansion...:rofl:

I wonder how many people started their Medellin adventures at Medellin Mansion???

Jimmydr
04-10-2012, 05:30 PM
I wonder how many people started their Medellin adventures at Medellin Mansion???

I started there only because they said it was the only safe place to be.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BorisDaBulletDodger
04-10-2012, 09:26 PM
I started there only because they said it was the only safe place to be.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I confess when I first went, I was expecting everybody wearing army camo, tanks barb wire, chickens running around and some dude listening to techno music jumping on top of cocaine leaves, not the first class city area of Poblado.

TC
04-11-2012, 07:12 PM

You've come a long way, baby!

TC
04-11-2012, 07:13 PM
I will have to say that BB's is where it officially started. Dunedain turned me on to the place back in 2008. Upon arrival we went straight to Sosua to see what Passions was all about, before hitting BB's. This is before Peter made all the changes. I remember going straight for the soapy experience and that was something I will never forget.

daddy, if you ever go to Thailand, and try a soapie there, you just might cancel your return ticket.

thedirtygringo
06-08-2012, 09:30 AM
I have been there 3 times loved the bikini contests

safadao
04-01-2013, 07:41 PM
My first solo adventure began in 1998 in a small suburb of Santo Domingo (ex novia's parent's house) and then took a round trip by express bus, minibus and moto to Las Terranas with a return by moto, pickup truck and then an all too long regular bus with chickens et al. back to SD.
I first heard of Blackbeards about 2-3 years ago, but wasn't quite sold on the concept since I have been historically an independent traveler.
I did receive a good review of the resort from an amigo of mine that I would run into in Brazil so it's at least on my radar now.
I would be particularly inclined to visit on a short hop or with a group of first timers.
In fact I'm thinking of at least checking out one of the contests they sponsor on my next visit in mid June.
From what I can see in the pictures posted on the forum, I prefer the women (or the better photographer's :wink:) at BB better than say FOD.