PDA

View Full Version : Very First Trip.....BB's or Sousa?

dadmac
04-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Ok. I posted earlier that I was considering to go to Sosua for my first trip. But I'm hearing That BlackBeards should be a rookie's first choice....Any Suggestions on one or the other?

El-Rey
04-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Ok. I posted earlier that I was considering to go to Sosua for my first trip. But I'm hearing That BlackBeards should be a rookie's first choice....Any Suggestions on one or the other?

It should? Its 50/50. Some say they like it, others dont. Myself I may take a trip over and check it out but no long term plans. Im good in Sosua/POP.

dadmac
04-02-2012, 01:49 PM
It should? Its 50/50. Some say they like it, others dont. Myself I may take a trip over and check it out but no long term plans. Im good in Sosua/POP.

So what if I do 3 days in BB's and one in Sousa To get my feet wet?

XXX
04-02-2012, 01:50 PM

Whats up fellow New Englander !!

Most people will tell you to do a couple of days at Blackbeards to get your feet wet,,,and then the rest of your time in Sosua.

It also depends if your flying solo,,, or do you have any wingman,,,and if these wingmen are experienced or not !!

If you do Sosua exclusively,,,,you should follow the roll call threads for the month that you would be going,,,and maybe PM some of these guys to see if they could maybe show you around,,,,or at the least grab a beer.
Also,,upon arrival head on over to Rockys and introduce yourself to Rick who will know who is in town.
Or head over to the new garden where there are usually some people from this board staying there.

I personally dont really understand how anyone couldnt get along just fine in either place.
At blackbeards the prices are structured.
And in Sosua,,, just read some reports and you shall she what some guys are paying,,and you will know what to try to bargain for a price .

Iv'e done both,,,,and like both,,,,, But I just love Sosua because you have so much more to do ,,,,,,,So many more restaurants and of course,,,,SO MANY MORE CHICAS !!!

Either way ,,,have a great time,,,and of cousre Take alot of pics !!!

XXX
04-02-2012, 01:52 PM

If your only doing 4 days total ,, I would either do just Sosua,,,, or 2 and 2,,,,,

You will kick yourself in the ass for only giving yourself one day in Sosua !!!

El-Rey
04-02-2012, 01:58 PM

Ive never done BB's myself but there are plenty of reports to read thru for info. Yet I agree with Xmendave, One day in sosua just aint enuff.

el toro
04-02-2012, 02:01 PM
[/YELLOW]

If your only doing 4 days total ,, I would either do just Sosua,,,, or 2 and 2,,,,,

You will kick yourself in the ass for only giving yourself one day in Sosua !!!

I second that. I've done 3 and 4 day trips before to BBs and Sosua. You'll definitely want at least 2 days in Sosua.

deezl
04-02-2012, 02:05 PM
It can also depend on what part of the week you're there. Friday/Saturday nights are the best time to be in Sosua, it can be more hit-or-miss during the week. Sunday afternoons at Playa Sosua are always a lot of fun as well.

el toro
04-02-2012, 02:16 PM
It can also depend on what part of the week you're there. Friday/Saturday nights are the best time to be in Sosua, it can be more hit-or-miss during the week. Sunday afternoons at Playa Sosua are always a lot of fun as well.

To me it always seems about the same except for times like Super Bowl week when it's rediculously more crowded with guys. The only time I've seen it really slow was one night a few weeks ago when it was pouring rain so bad all night and it seemed like some people just gave up on going out.

metcalfkieth
04-02-2012, 03:16 PM
i also make my first trip on the 19/4/2012 am staying in sosua in new garden , cannot wait

Tiger
04-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Read all the reports about both places but trust me........you need to see sousa......

wingmanpi
04-02-2012, 04:17 PM

if you are not well traveled and a complete newbie then BB's is a good place.
if you have at least some experience and can handle yourself with confidence
then head to sosua.

kitie carson
04-02-2012, 05:40 PM

Very good plan..I did Similar and Glad i did...I still love both BB's and Sosua and make it to Both everytime i go..:mrgreen:

princepointe
04-02-2012, 07:20 PM
It also depends on your personality. If your looking for a late night party atmosphere and people watching then go Sosua. The party stops at 12 over at BB's. Personally I hate BB's BUT do one night there and see how you like it. If your going in the middle of the week during this time of year you may not have an issue getting a second night. Regardless spend most of your time in Sosua and find a wing. I'm sorry nut BB's can't hold a stick to Sosua on the weekend. Plenty floating around.

Longstroke
04-03-2012, 02:18 AM
If I were you I would only stay at BB's for only one night, and the rest in Sosua. When I went earlier in March I only had two full days on the ground in Sosua because I flew in and out of Santiago. There were places I wanted to go that I didn't make it to. The beach, Classico's, CMP, and Cuba Libre. Think of it like a kid going into a room full of cookies, eating only one and then leaving. You will regret it.

The Cookie Monster will be in full effect upon my return.

Rico Smooth
04-03-2012, 07:59 AM

If you do one day in Sousa make sure the day is Friday or Saturday for 24 hours of maximum exposure.

selmaderby
04-03-2012, 09:13 PM
My first trip is coming up in May with a friend who went four days last year and just stayed at BB's. Our venture will be two days BB (Thurs and Fri) and then two at NG. His experience after a couple days at BB was that you may be bored, as there isn't a whole lot of what to do in the vicinity. You can only chill at a pool for so long. BB prepares you for Sosua, but from what I've read on this board I would just as soon skip the training and head straight into battle. Each unto their own.

oohsixman
04-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Go to Sosua! Do your research on the board. There is a lot to do in Sosua. I can't imagine being restricted to one spot. There is plenty of variety. Try to find a wing man to show you around. Spend most of your time in Sosua period!!!!! Once you go to Sosua, you will come back:)