PDA

View Full Version : Seacrets re-opening

WickedWillie
04-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Little bird tells me that the bar known as Seacrets has been bought and will be re-opening soon. I know some of us have had some fun times in there but how long do we think it will last?

Skynyrd
04-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Good News !!!
Ive had some good times in there it never was a busy place that ive known of but I always liked the layout, nice clean open space.
I even pulled a bartender or two back in the day :op

Always played some good music too :iconTU:
Did the bird hear when the opening would be?

WickedWillie
04-03-2012, 05:50 PM
Good News !!!
Ive had some good times in there it never was a busy place that ive known of but I always liked the layout, nice clean open space.
I even pulled a bartender or two back in the day :op

Always played some good music too :iconTU:
Did the bird hear when the opening would be?

For a better understanding of Dominican timelines send Ohhhmm a PM and ask him.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wouldn't make any plans around whenever a date is set but I do know that it will be open when it's open and not a moment before.:wink:

naptime
04-03-2012, 07:36 PM
For a better understanding of Dominican timelines send Ohhhmm a PM and ask him.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

that's just MEAN man MEAN!

but i love it !!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

jose1234
04-03-2012, 08:38 PM

I wouldn't make any plans around whenever a date is set but I do know that it will be open when it's open and not a moment before.:wink:

Good thing for this bar is that they don't need windows. I wish them well. If its a new owner just starting out in this country...he doesn't know it but he is in for one hell of a ride... :rofl:

jose1234
04-03-2012, 09:00 PM
that's just MEAN man MEAN!

but i love it !!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You would because you are heartless...

:rofl:

MrHappy
04-04-2012, 08:58 AM
To be honest with you, I'm convinced that Seacrets, in the right hands, could be, NO, WOULD BE, a gold mine.

I've never seen a place so poorly run in past incarnations.

Does the little birdie know, was the property purchased, or was it just the lease??

Jimmydr
04-04-2012, 06:50 PM
To be honest with you, I'm convinced that Seacrets, in the right hands, could be, NO, WOULD BE, a gold mine.

Does the little birdie know, was the property purchased, or was it just the lease??

If the right people opened it, then it would be a goldmine.

WickedWillie
04-05-2012, 11:14 AM

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels apparently.:wink:

jose1234
04-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels apparently.:wink:

That's good news...if the new owners were able to pay all cash. I think I saw something happening accross the street too... Renovation of an old restaurant. With Secrets opening sometime...that corner lot accross the street just to the east where there is a burned down bar looks like a good spot to build...for a newcomer that is... ha ha ha...

lindin
04-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Little bird tells me that the bar known as Seacrets has been bought and will be re-opening soon. I know some of us have had some fun times in there but how long do we think it will last?

I hope this true! Seacrets had some of the baddest, friendliest bartenders down there. That was always our chill hang out spot. Thanks for the update.

ezsmile
04-06-2012, 10:14 AM
That's good news...if the new owners were able to pay all cash. I think I saw something happening accross the street too... Renovation of an old restaurant. With Secrets opening sometime...that corner lot accross the street just to the east where there is a burned down bar looks like a good spot to build...for a newcomer that is... ha ha ha...

Then all that is needed is to get someone to buy that hole and do something with it. After all, you have a hole, you have lots of liars (not meaning anyone on ISOC), it could be a gold mine!

balcoach
04-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Then all that is needed is to get someone to buy that hole and do something with it. After all, you have a hole, you have lots of liars (not meaning anyone on ISOC), it could be a gold mine!

At one time many moons ago, that hole in the ground used to be the hottest spot in town. Was like the Hotel Del Rey (San Jose, CR) of Sosua!

DCIronman
04-06-2012, 12:09 PM
At one time many moons ago, that hole in the ground used to be the hottest spot in town. Was like the Hotel Del Rey (San Jose, CR) of Sosua!

That was obviously before I started going to Sosua. Cause ever since I've visiting ('04), that place has been mostly dead. The bar up front would have some customers. But I've never seen anyone in that disco in the back.

balcoach
04-06-2012, 12:17 PM
That was obviously before I started going to Sosua. Cause ever since I've visiting ('04), that place has been mostly dead. The bar up front would have some customers. But I've never seen anyone in that disco in the back.

DC

I am referring to the literal hole in the ground, across the street, in front of shark bar and secrets.

balcoach
04-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Seacrets problem was mis management... about 2005 a gringo bout it and put some money into it. But then he let his dominican wife run it, which was as useful as tits on a boar hog!

Slowly slowly it just wilted away.

The property itself is very nice.... has the bar, the disco in the back, i believe 12 rooms to let and 6 commercial spots to let. The rooms are always full, and I know there is a salon and a office rented back there, as well as the tipico local food joint..... and if you do it right, they can pay a big portion of your nut right there.

Best of luck to the new owners... Classico could use some competition.

DCIronman
04-06-2012, 12:22 PM
DC

I am referring to the literal hole in the ground, across the street, in front of shark bar and secrets.

Ahh...I see. My reading comprehension is off today.:) And we're definitely talking about before my time now. What used to be in that hole? I hate even walking by it.

balcoach
04-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Ahh...I see. My reading comprehension is off today.:) And we're definitely talking about before my time now. What used to be in that hole? I hate even walking by it.

It was a hotel/bar.

Dafishguy
04-06-2012, 07:58 PM
It was a hotel/bar.

And a Pet Chop! Remember THAT sign? LOLOLOL

daddyooo
04-06-2012, 09:50 PM
And a Pet Chop! Remember THAT sign? LOLOLOL

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12748&d=1260154394

Tiger
04-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Ah......yes! Seacreats.........I used to have great luck there. It is a great layout and I wish the new owner luck.

Some ex seacreats bartenders..........

Catalina.......

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18157&d=1306261505

Jennifer.......

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18143&d=1306261478

The famous Lorena.....

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18177&d=1306261549

Now at Coaches Corner.......

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18149&d=1306261489

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=36437&d=1326146352

Erica.........she was quite big the last time I saw her .

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18156&d=1306261503

The beautiful Julie........

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33442&d=1322588745

The original Fior..........

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33451&d=1322588745

Fior's daughter Angie never really worked there.....but that's where I met her....

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33506&d=1322593763

I had many great times at Secreats.....maybe again some day. They just need to hire some decent talent.......... like the above..........

eldorob
04-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Seacrets, in the right hands, could be, NO, WOULD BE, a gold mine.

Agreed, I've scratched my head over seacrets. Great location, great layout with the open entrance, raised from the street, huge bar, apartments, stage, etc etc.

It needs....
A new paint job
A new name
better looking waitresses
full time onsite managment by the owner
small kitchen to sell wings/fries/etc
some loud gringo music
Hire some very hot chicas and drive them around to all Sosua hotels and hand out flyers & drink coupons to every swingin' dick gringo

I could have that placed packed & jumping in a couple of days. It would not be difficult.

Tiger
04-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Agreed, I've scratched my head over seacrets. Great location, great layout with the open entrance, raised from the street, huge bar, apartments, stage, etc etc.

It needs....
A new paint job
A new name
some loud gringo music
Hire some very hot chicas and drive them around to all Sosua hotels and hand out flyers & drink coupons to every swingin' dick gringo

I could have that placed packed & jumping in a couple of days. It would not be difficult.

I agree with all of the above especially better looking staff. Toward the end the bartenders were actually very ugly and old. Maybe a couple 2 or two 3s in the whole bunch. All your ideas are great and mongers will find the hot bartenders is they are there.

ezsmile
04-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Ah......yes! Seacreats.........I used to have great luck there. It is a great layout and I wish the new owner luck.

Some ex seacreats bartenders..........

Now at Coaches Corner.......

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18149&d=1306261489)

I think the one on the right now works at Bar Las Flores, beside Coach's Corner

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=38824&d=1328140772

MrHappy
04-07-2012, 10:08 AM

It needs....
A new paint job
A new name
some loud gringo music

Not at all. I could do it with my eyes closed..

DMV
04-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Has that place ever had live music acts. The stage in the back seems perfect for it. Don't know if it cost a lot to bring a band in but there has to be some not-so famous acts that would love to play.

A band that could play gringo and latin music would be great. There's probably some expats that could jam. You could pay them in beer.

jose1234
04-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Not at all. I could do it with my eyes closed..

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am Supergringo with my eyes closed. :rofl:

Its so easy a cave man could do it...(Geico commercial in the states) :rofl:

Its so easy...that is why there are so many success stories... :rofl:

DCIronman
04-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Has that place ever had live music acts. The stage in the back seems perfect for it. Don't know if it cost a lot to bring a band in but there has to be some not-so famous acts that would love to play.

A band that could play gringo and latin music would be great. There's probably some expats that could jam. You could pay them in beer.
I think that this is an excellent idea. But I fear that it would attract more locals than a lot of gringos (both tourist & expat) are really comfortable with. Dominicans love live bands.

DMV
04-07-2012, 01:34 PM
I think that this is an excellent idea. But I fear that it would attract more locals than a lot of gringos (both tourist & expat) are really comfortable with. Dominicans love live bands.

I thought about that. Don't want the El Flow crowd in there. I still would like to see it. I love live music. I think if it was a Dominican band playing gringo bar songs it might keep the locals who don't like anything but they're type of music away.

What is the name of the place that open up across from Classicos which had a well known band play on it's opening night.

I think I will start a Dominican Chitin Circuit. Find some new talent and start a record label.

DASBOOTY
04-09-2012, 02:28 AM
I agree with all of the above especially better looking staff. Toward the end the bartenders were actually very ugly and old. Maybe a couple 2 or two 3s in the whole bunch. All your ideas are great and mongers will find the hot bartenders is they are there.

And as I was walking by they would all go "psst psst psst" :lol:.

By looking at the pics, Tiger, it looks like Seacrets had some primo talent at one time.

adios
04-09-2012, 01:57 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am Supergringo with my eyes closed. :rofl:

Its so easy a cave man could do it...(Geico commercial in the states) :rofl:

Its so easy...that is why there are so many success stories... :rofl:
I see this will be your next project... :lol:

weyland
04-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Has that place ever had live music acts? The stage in the back seems perfect for it.
About five years ago they used to have bachata concerts once a week. Local groups, no big names. Not sure if it was called "Seacrets" then.

gdogg
04-10-2012, 01:15 PM
About five years ago they used to have bachata concerts once a week. Local groups, no big names. Not sure if it was called "Seacrets" then.

Yep, it was. Forgot about that.

snoozer
04-10-2012, 09:40 PM

A band that could play gringo and latin music would be great. There's probably some expats that could jam. You could pay them in beer. I remember going to a bachata concert in the area at the back of Seacrets a few years ago. I believe it was El Chaval de Bachata, it was a fun night and the location was ideal, could never understand why they did not do it again.

whynotme
04-10-2012, 10:42 PM
I hope this true! Seacrets had some of the baddest, friendliest bartenders down there. That was always our chill hang out spot. Thanks for the update.

back in 06 i took a hot little spinner bartender from there that was a semi working girl.

that was also the one and only time i took a "gift bag".

in the morning she looked thru the stuff and even though it was not cheap clothes she said "i would rather have the pesos":rofl::rofl::rofl:

thats the last time i took anything other than cash with me no matter where i travelled:iconTU:

questner
04-10-2012, 11:21 PM
My only three minutes of fame at Sea-crabs were when a K cup sized chica grabbed be of PC and promised a free drink. I complied. The bar was empty of hookers. The bartender then offered me a shot of 'mamaguevo' When I laughed at this piss and started to leave she asked for 120 peso to pay for it.

weyland
04-12-2012, 01:09 PM
The bartender then offered me a shot of 'mamaguevo'.
Really? If they have found out how to bottle and export mamaguevo that could turn the Dominican economy round in a few months.

WickedWillie
06-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Work is continuing on this. New pool has apparently been installed out the back. Am told it's going to be totally enclosed and the owners are hoping to be serious competition for CMP and Passions.

SeaWeed
06-05-2012, 11:21 PM
walked into Seacrets twice and walked right out the talent was so bad........
even the chicas hanging out at New Garden were much better looking ......and that ain't saying a lot....lol

WickedWillie
06-05-2012, 11:23 PM
walked into Seacrets twice and walked right out the talent was so bad........
even the chicas hanging out at New Garden were much better looking ......and that ain't saying a lot....lol

I would hazard a guess that the new owners probably aren't planning to recruit the old staff from years ago.:wink:

Gutter Meat
08-17-2012, 01:07 AM
I heard a rumor today that an American guy bought Club Sea-Crets for $100,000 and it is to reopen including the night club. Anyone hear anything about this ?

drdreamer
08-17-2012, 01:35 AM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?393494-Seacrets-re-opening&highlight=seacrets

Gutter Meat
08-17-2012, 01:58 AM
So is it open yet ?

SrSuerte
08-17-2012, 02:47 AM
shit changes quick but as of 6 July it was not open.

sporthobbyist
08-17-2012, 04:09 AM
I never knew what was so great about the place??? I went there a few times on my first few trips.

There were alot of ugly women. A few decent ones and once in a while a few hotties.

I was talking to some hottie there and wanted to take her out and with salida and what she wanted, it was like 3500-4000???

I can get a Passions girl after 10 for that.

But I always hear people saying how that place was so great

Am I am missing something?

JD426
08-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Work is continuing on this. New pool has apparently been installed out the back. Am told it's going to be totally enclosed and the owners are hoping to be serious competition for CMP and Passions.

IMO, THATS the right concept.. And if they bring back that thatched roof Island feeling (like the old passions) , and make the prices reasonable, and the girls are cute and friendly, Dont pad the Bills, keep the music and Ambiance like Bachata & soft Dominican and some pop dance music so the chicas can dance their asses off, then its going to be quite the spot.. I'm there. Shark Bar may even get a windfall from this place, as some of us will duck in there so we can hear ourselves talk, if its just too packed at this new Seacrets. If I were Lou I would definitely hang in there and see what develops here. This could be good for everyone.
But I hope these dudes are Dominican Americans, or specifically Dominican NY'rs, for their sake, IYKWIM.

jose1234
08-31-2012, 02:57 PM
I walked by there today, but no inspection... There is definitely improvements being made to the property... New railings and updating the old sitting areas. There is a sign on the place indicating it was sold and they closed off the entrance with metal bars... Looks like someone is sinking some money into the place...

jacknback
08-31-2012, 07:14 PM
Isn't that where Lorena got her start in Sosua???before she moved to Passion and TNT fucked her so many time she left town???

TNT72
08-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Isn't that where Lorena got her start in Sosua???before she moved to Passion and TNT fucked her so many time she left town???

Good to see you got caught up on your rest enough, to bust my balls!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JuanElGriego
09-01-2012, 12:56 PM
IMO, THATS the right concept.. And if they bring back that thatched roof Island feeling (like the old passions) , and make the prices reasonable, and the girls are cute and friendly, Dont pad the Bills, keep the music and Ambiance like Bachata & soft Dominican and some pop dance music so the chicas can dance their asses off, then its going to be quite the spot.. I'm there. Shark Bar may even get a windfall from this place, as some of us will duck in there so we can hear ourselves talk, if its just too packed at this new Seacrets. If I were Lou I would definitely hang in there and see what develops here. This could be good for everyone.
But I hope these dudes are Dominican Americans, or specifically Dominican NY'rs, for their sake, IYKWIM.

This is obviously the most important part.

If the prices are the same as Passions and CMP, it's a waste of time and money for whomever bought it. Another place with $100+ take out hoes and 2500 peso ST hoes on Pedro Clisante, yeah that's what the strip needed :rolleyes: and if you ask me, that's what the prices are gonna be since the money needs to be split between the hoes and the house, it can't be much lower.

el toro
09-01-2012, 01:27 PM
This is obviously the most important part.

If the prices are the same as Passions and CMP, it's a waste of time and money for whomever bought it. Another place with $100+ take out hoes and 2500 peso ST hoes on Pedro Clisante, yeah that's what the strip needed :rolleyes: and if you ask me, that's what the prices are gonna be since the money needs to be split between the hoes and the house, it can't be much lower.

Secrets I believes pre-dates my time in Sosua or nothing was going on there when I passed by.

Let's face it there are only so many chicas of high quality to fill these places. If you think Passions girls are 8-10 on the scale, it would be nice to have a place that has the 6-7s for a lot better prices for the cheaper point and click times like toward the end of a trip when money is tight or you can't call one. A little booze will raise their stock anyway.

Sidney
09-03-2012, 08:51 PM
I walked by and examined. Seems it will be many weeks or even months before re-opening.:confused:

Citynights
10-16-2012, 10:12 PM
my friend went by Seacrets.....they had the good sense to call it ....

CITY NIGHTS.....:corky::corky::corky:

of course it is a Gentlemens Club.....
so most of my friends & myself will not be able go inside to enjoy the :seetits: :seetits: :seetits: :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: :quicky::eldrunko:......

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Skynyrd
10-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Ok I did have the pleasure of meeting the new owner while I was in town last week, He is an American and has moved to the DR full time.
I explained who I was and that I was a member of a group called ISOC so he unlocked the gate and invited me inside for a tour/interview.
He explained the original name was to be Sosua Lights BUT the application had been denied because the government is trying to clean up the image of Sosua, therefore is not allowing any Bars, Clubs or adult oriented establishments to have Sosua in their name.

He has resubmitted his application for a name City Lights and as of last Wed was still waiting on approval.

Inside the club towards the street will be more like a sports bar with several TVs and chicas behind the bar.
There will be a back section that is going to be a old fashion strip club type with full nude chicas dancing.
all chicas on site will be avail for short time with rooms on site as well as TLN via a barfine.
I had the guys name wrote down but I can't find it now, but he said he had NO partners, he was sole owner.
Said he expected to be open in November.

MrHappy
10-17-2012, 10:31 AM
I heard a rumor today that an American guy bought Club Sea-Crets for $100,000 and it is to reopen including the night club. Anyone hear anything about this ?

There's no way he bought the property for 100K. He probably paid 100K for a long term lease.

100K won't buy a bar property in Sosua.

JD426
10-17-2012, 11:21 AM
There's no way he bought the property for 100K. He probably paid 100K for a long term lease.

100K won't buy a bar property in Sosua.

100K, not even close, more like $400K- 600, no ? and thats probably all cash too.
and a lease in sosua, he is already doomed..if he even makes it to the end of that lease...

I would love to believe this guy will somehow succeed, and would gladly support him, and I really really like the concept of what he is trying to do.

But I feel he will fail, just like the other 95%...ALONE ?, as a GRINGO.. no dominican partner or at least Dominican WIFE ? or relatives ?... he does NOT have a snowballs chance in hell.
Is he even part Dominican or LOOK dominican ?
IF he even gets to the point where he is turning a profit, so many will come at him with their hands out.. it will erase ANY dreams he ever had of making a profit..

The Crap that goes on, on a daily basis with a business in Sosua, is just amazing..the attempts at extortion for ex..
I personally witnessed a woman fall off the Moto, and she tried to get money from the hotel owner where she fell, claiming it was his fault somehow, when he told her to go take a hike, she comes back an hour later with her family and says she is pregnant too... it just doesnt stop, and you have to know who is who, and thats just the every day shit.. you got a business and you a gringo, they will just fleece you til there is nothing left...and if they smell blood, like you got a soft spot, its a wrap.

I Wish this man all the best of luck in the world, he is certainly gonna need it..

just my .02

sopranostingray
10-17-2012, 12:33 PM
100K, not even close, more like $400K- 600, no ? and thats probably all cash too.
and a lease in sosua, he is already doomed..if he even makes it to the end of that lease...

I would love to believe this guy will somehow succeed, and would gladly support him, and I really really like the concept of what he is trying to do.

But I feel he will fail, just like the other 95%...ALONE ?, as a GRINGO.. no dominican partner or at least Dominican WIFE ? or relatives ?... he does NOT have a snowballs chance in hell.
Is he even part Dominican or LOOK dominican ?
IF he even gets to the point where he is turning a profit, so many will come at him with their hands out.. it will erase ANY dreams he ever had of making a profit..

The Crap that goes on, on a daily basis with a business in Sosua, is just amazing..the attempts at extortion for ex..
I personally witnessed a woman fall off the Moto, and she tried to get money from the hotel owner where she fell, claiming it was his fault somehow, when he told her to go take a hike, she comes back an hour later with her family and says she is pregnant too... it just doesnt stop, and you have to know who is who, and thats just the every day shit.. you got a business and you a gringo, they will just fleece you til there is nothing left...and if they smell blood, like you got a soft spot, its a wrap.

I Wish this man all the best of luck in the world, he is certainly gonna need it..

just my .02

I don't agree with you one bit. By not having a Dominican partner he is already ahead. He doesn't have to worry about his partner stealing from him or taking the business over under his nose. Having a Dominican face at your establishment is very important but as a partner...just looking for future problems.

As far as he not making it....who knows. But it won't be because he's a gringo, but because there are 51 other bars on PC and not enough tourists.

JD426
10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't agree with you one bit. By not having a Dominican partner he is already ahead. He doesn't have to worry about his partner stealing from him or taking the business over under his nose. Having a Dominican face at your establishment is very important but as a partner...just looking for future problems.

As far as he not making it....who knows. But it won't be because he's a gringo, but because there are 51 other bars on PC and not enough tourists.

And I certainly respect your opinions R** , for so many diff reasons. We have met, and your lovely wife also.. so I know you know what you are talking about..in fact we chatted in the pool at the condos,but its not important, but just to say I do see where you coming from and totally respect your opinions on all things regarding Sosua...not just business related..

but , my .02 is this is DIFFERENT.. its gonna be a WHORE house, totally different from a restaurant, or bar.. and dealing with the chica, and all their Problems too, drugs, fights.. do i need to go into details ?
As much as some of us have our differences with Peter of the place down the street, I respect what he has done there, immensely . the guy has his shit together, big time & the connections ..you can NOT take on a guy like that, unless you got some serious Dominican BACKING.. that was my point,. and that is why he "might fail".. if you read my prev post, I LOVED the CONCEPT.. but I just dont think he can succeed without at LEAST a dominican face, ie manager/ partner, or at leat a Domincan Wife, with "connections" .. and even then it would wtill be " tough tough tough" ( a rolling stones reference, lol)

Also, and not that this gives me any expertise on the subject whatsoever. but some Cuban friends of mine from Miami, were offered and seriously considered buying Lapsus in SD , this was years ago when the owner was sick, before it became Rickys, which is i guess the guy who did buy it ?, , Idk.... but anyway.. they sat, had meetings, and did their Due Diligence, and seriously thought about it.. but the reasons I stated above is why they came to the conclusion that it was NOT a good investment.. it was not because there were too many other clubs, or competition, they could handle that part, and make the place shine, it was for those specific reasons i stated.. and only those reasons..

Seacrets could be a phenomenal place, so close the the center of town, just steps away.. no motochoncho needed.. but not by a gringo solo, i just dont see it. for that reason.

just my .02 , & thinking out loud..

sopranostingray
10-17-2012, 04:29 PM
We were in the pool together...oh boy...I hate stories that start like that.

I respect your opinion as well and I certainly understand what you mean especially when looking at the shadier side of the Sosua businesses. Once you're on that side of things, it becomes "a different business"

So now we will have City Nights, CMP, Hollywood Nights all competing against Passions. I really wish they could all survive, but come on....where is the business sense????

I have many guys offering me their opinion on how I should have more working girls at Coach's Corner and open up the cabana we have in the back. I really don't want to get into that side of the business cause I know exactly what I'm up against. Find a niche, reward your frequent customers, offer a fair price and succeed slowly.

Jimbo44
10-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Guess it just me then, but i cant stand the thought of payng some pimp money to fuck his girl. Fuck that, ruins the whole experience.
Still to this day i never paid for a Passion Girl inside passions. Just can not do it! Yet i know there r plenty of y'all paing 3500 for some girl who been sucking and fucking 2 or 3 or more guys that same day b4 u brought her back to ur room! Ewwwwwwwwww:icontd:

jacknback
10-17-2012, 07:19 PM
I've never taken a Passion chica either.Inside or take-out.

deezl
10-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Ok I did have the pleasure of meeting the new owner while I was in town last week, He is an American and has moved to the DR full time.

In which case (considering the way things actually work down there are opposed to expectations of how they should) we'll probably see an opening sometime before the end of high season...

MrHappy
10-17-2012, 08:57 PM
We were in the pool together...oh boy...I hate stories that start like that.

I respect your opinion as well and I certainly understand what you mean especially when looking at the shadier side of the Sosua businesses. Once you're on that side of things, it becomes "a different business"

So now we will have City Nights, CMP, Hollywood Nights all competing against Passions. I really wish they could all survive, but come on....where is the business sense????

I have many guys offering me their opinion on how I should have more working girls at Coach's Corner and open up the cabana we have in the back. I really don't want to get into that side of the business cause I know exactly what I'm up against. Find a niche, reward your frequent customers, offer a fair price and succeed slowly.

Right. My dad always said, "It's the regular guys that pay the bills. Don't ever forget that"

SeaWeed
10-17-2012, 09:20 PM
I've never taken a Passion chica either.Inside or take-out.

ditto.......going thru the gauntlet of $1,500 Peso punani on PC to get to Passions makes it just about impossible for this guy

Citynights
10-17-2012, 10:05 PM
I explained who I was and that I was a member of a group called ISOC so he unlocked the gate and invited me inside for a tour/interview.
He explained the original name was to be Sosua Lights BUT the application had been denied because the government is trying to clean up the image of Sosua, therefore is not allowing any Bars, Clubs or adult oriented establishments to have Sosua in their name.

He has resubmitted his application for a name City Lights and as of last Wed was still waiting on approval.

Inside the club towards the street will be more like a sports bar with several TVs and chicas behind the bar.
There will be a back section that is going to be a old fashion strip club type with full nude chicas dancing.
all chicas on site will be avail for short time with rooms on site as well as TLN via a barfine.
I had the guys name wrote down but I can't find it now, but he said he had NO partners, he was sole owner.

its still not too late to change it to Citynights....:corky:

eldorob
10-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Seacrets could be a phenomenal place, so close the the center of town, just steps away.. no motochoncho needed.. but not by a gringo solo, i just dont see it. for that reason...

I agree. Seacrets could be a great place (I've written about it before) but it just seems cursed. And unless this new guy has lived in the DR for awhile before jumping in with both feet it will happen again. Maybe it's haunted or something.

Furthermore, all of downtown is doomed. The writing's on the wall and change is comming. They just don't want adult style businesses in Sosua. They may live with places like Passions further down the main drag, they may even live with a cluster of adult businesses out near passions but downtown is going to change. The only reason it doesn't happen faster is due to their inconsistant and archaic methods.

I know many disagree, but if you look at the facts it's not a stretch. Money talks, and who's got the big money in Sosua?
Sure, the Classicos and the el Flows and others pay their share of bribes. But they're dwarfed by the Big Money Developers.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith from Buttfuck, Iowa want to be able to walk downtown at night from their 400K condo without seeing bar stool fights, getting pickpocketed and have to watch some dumbass pissing in the street while cops just watch like it's some kind of giant Caligula frat party .

Anyone disagree? Bring it....

Judge, I'll meet you at Bon Bon. I need me some Ice Cream with chica sprinkles (while we still can). :corky: