PDA

View Full Version : Duarte street Chicas" Prices - A good thing

Tonto4
04-18-2012, 10:44 AM
You should get ST for 1000 pesos if you work a bit. That is about $25. Probably could go lower if you need to. That is down from 1500 pesos 5-6 years ago. A fifty percent drop in pesos, even more in dollars with the decline of the peso. Thats a good thing.

cervezalover
04-18-2012, 11:14 AM
You should get ST for 1000 pesos if you work a bit. That is about $25. Probably could go lower if you need to. That is down from 1500 pesos 5-6 years ago. A fifty percent drop in pesos, even more in dollars with the decline of the peso. Thats a good thing.

I was in Boca Chica a week ago, and talked to a couple of girls. All of them were happy with 1000 pesos for short time. A friend of mine from europe finally took a girl for 800 pesos.

Mr Mil
04-18-2012, 02:20 PM
I was in Boca Chica a week ago, and talked to a couple of girls. All of them were happy with 1000 pesos for short time. A friend of mine from europe finally took a girl for 800 pesos.

These are some good prices, I believe its time to give sosua a break. El Capital & boca see you in october!!

Mr. Smooth
04-18-2012, 02:54 PM
These are some good prices, I believe its time to give sosua a break. El Capital & boca see you in october!!

You will enjoy yourself. I don't think it will be a problem with finding an attractive chica, whether in a bar or just walking along, for an st. Offering her 1000 pesos should close the deal.

Have fun!

greydread
04-18-2012, 04:32 PM
I got 2 for 1,000RD last Month on Duarte. A 3rd one wanted to come along for free but I got scared. I can only lift 2.

Skynyrd
04-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Yep sounds like BC will be on my next trip also:iconTU:

el toro
04-18-2012, 10:25 PM
In the daytime you can find some sweet thangs up the hill on the side streets that wouldn't be seen on Duarte that will be happy with 800-1000. That's the beauty of BC to me. You have those that I won't call semi or non-pros, but they're a little bit discreet and stay off the strip. If they like you a little they'll be glad to hook you up for that. It's no different than anywhere else, but in BC it's not like you need to take a trip to the campo and neighboring towns to find decent for less.

dtaylor1972
04-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Nice to see something positive being said about BC for a change!

*Seems all I have seen and read for the past few years is bitching about "Pushy touts, hardcore thieving Ho's, and hatians" ...*

*Although ... that pretty well sums up BC .... but you can have a good time on the cheap if you do your research, keep away from the hardcore putas and touts, and keep your wits about you*

I had several hatians there ... for the most part good down n dirty service .... just make sure they have a GOOD cedula before you head for the hotel ! !

el toro
In the daytime you can find some sweet thangs up the hill on the side streets that wouldn't be seen on Duarte that will be happy with 800-1000. That's the beauty of BC to me. You have those that I won't call semi or non-pros, but they're a little bit discreet and stay off the strip. If they like you a little they'll be glad to hook you up for that.

And that's a nice little tidbit I havn't seen or tried there before.

yayow
04-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah Boca is a bit different than Sosua, especially now, it's more of a community that has a strong ex-pat community during the winter months. After Semana Santa most of the Canadians and Euros leave and go back to their native lands until Nov. or Dec., at which time they come back until the middle of April all over again.

I am not one that spends much time on Duarte besides when someone is in town, but a few days back hung out a couple of days there with a friend. from Europe, actually for the guys that know him it was the Finnish guy he was back in town until his flight left this past Thursday. I did notice a lot less action on the street (both chicas and mongers) at night, even Batey wasn't as packed as normal. But having said that there was some quality to be found, and again I hung there mid week not the weekend.

Having said all this, now that most of the Canadians and Euros have gone, a lot of the chicas on the side streets who were normally being fed by the guys who are here for 5 months, are a bit more desperate and prices are lower than it has been since I settled in down here. Chicas constantly looking for action. Even had a couple quote me 300 pesos, I won't do that because then they become attached and show up at your door anytime they need a few pesos, and I don't like it when they show without an invite. So normally I give 500 pesos these days, and sometimes if she is a real star maybe 1,000 rd. I have a feeling that prices will stay down until the snowbirds come back. Damn I haven't left my house since Finny left needed some R & R (too much alcohol & too much fucking, not as young as I used to be), actually think I will stay in at least until Monday.

el toro
04-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah Boca is a bit different than Sosua, especially now, it's more of a community that has a strong ex-pat community during the winter months. After Semana Santa most of the Canadians and Euros leave and go back to their native lands until Nov. or Dec., at which time they come back until the middle of April all over again.

I am not one that spends much time on Duarte besides when someone is in town, but a few days back hung out a couple of days there with a friend. from Europe, actually for the guys that know him it was the Finnish guy he was back in town until his flight left this past Thursday. I did notice a lot less action on the street (both chicas and mongers) at night, even Batey wasn't as packed as normal. But having said that there was some quality to be found, and again I hung there mid week not the weekend.

Having said all this, now that most of the Canadians and Euros have gone, a lot of the chicas on the side streets who were normally being fed by the guys who are here for 5 months, are a bit more desperate and prices are lower than it has been since I settled in down here. Chicas constantly looking for action. Even had a couple quote me 300 pesos, I won't do that because then they become attached and show up at your door anytime they need a few pesos, and I don't like it when they show without an invite. So normally I give 500 pesos these days, and sometimes if she is a real star maybe 1,000 rd. I have a feeling that prices will stay down until the snowbirds come back. Damn I haven't left my house since Finny left needed some R & R (too much alcohol & too much fucking, not as young as I used to be), actually think I will stay in at least until Monday.

That's cool, the Finnish guy--Zadrunis Illgaskus (spelling) look alike came through BC again and ya'll hung out. Wish I could have shown him Sosua last month. He would have went bananas.

yayow
04-21-2012, 12:31 PM
That's cool, the Finnish guy--Zadrunis Illgaskus (spelling) look alike came through BC again and ya'll hung out. Wish I could have shown him Sosua last month. He would have went bananas.

Actually he did have a ball up there, he spent two and a half weeks up there after he left POP.

He hung with Tom from the Scandanavian Bar, and he and his friends showed him the ropes up there. He never did make it upstairs to Classicos (spent most nights in Merengue Bar), he always had something by the time he would have made it up the stairs, lol.

MrHappy
04-21-2012, 12:33 PM

heh heh... You're doing the "Mr.Happy accelerated study course" now, my dear friend!!.. ROTFLMAO

greydread
04-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Nice to see something positive being said about BC for a change!

*Seems all I have seen and read for the past few years is bitching about "Pushy touts, hardcore thieving Ho's, and hatians" ...*

*Although ... that pretty well sums up BC .... but you can have a good time on the cheap if you do your research, keep away from the hardcore putas and touts, and keep your wits about you*

I had several hatians there ... for the most part good down n dirty service .... just make sure they have a GOOD cedula before you head for the hotel ! !

And that's a nice little tidbit I havn't seen or tried there before.

Yeah that pretty well sums up the beach and Duarte during the daytime. You gotta get to the beach right after sunrise when there are no chairs & tables out, before the hustlers start work. It's nice at that time. Just walking around away from the beaten path can reveal a lot. There's much more to BC than the beach and Calle Duarte.

It's worth it to get a moto guy to give you a tour of the casas and colmados in the late afternoon just to establish a frame of reference. Boca Chica has enforced the value of the 50 peso note and the 5/10/25 peso coin for me as well as pants with lots of pockets.

Having said all that, the quality of the Chicas in BC doesn't come anywhere close to what you'll find in the Capital but if you're in it for a lot of inexpensive fun......

JD426
04-21-2012, 01:09 PM

I find this part quite interesting, that BC follows a realistic Supply and Demand Price Structure. ?
In Sosua, times get lean, the chicas RAISE the prices all trying for the few suckers who would pay it, rather than working steady and earning their money. SOSUA regulars have even assumed this applies to ALL of the DR,and in some tourist places it certainly does.
Good to know in BC this is not the case (for now) & We have beat the "what one monger will pay, will not affect the prices of others" to death a couple times, but I think if we directly compare BC to Sosua, we can conclude that this is not true afer all, and I firmly believe that if they see enough fools coming into town, accepting the first price quoted of say 2 mil pesos, things WILL change, very rapidly.
So get it & enjoy it, while you can, IMO

yayow
04-21-2012, 01:18 PM
...........Having said all that, the quality of the Chicas in BC doesn't come anywhere close to what you'll find in the Capital but if you're in it for a lot of inexpensive fun......

True IMO not close to what you find in the capital, which is why I still like the capital to do some hunting, nor in my opinion does it compare to Santiago or even Sosua. But having said that you will find a gem here and there (most will come from the capital some from San Pedro, to make a quick dollar, but the Euros tend to snatch them up quickly), I still think the real hidden gems, you will never see at night on Duarte, they simply don't go there. They stay in their neighborhoods and you actually will find them mostly during the afternoon walking around and you set up something for another time. Some you will find at night in the discos, ie. El Batey, but you won't find them hustling their asses on Duarte ...... never!

greydread
04-21-2012, 01:27 PM
True IMO not close to what you find in the capital, which is why I still like the capital to do some hunting, nor in my opinion does it compare to Santiago or even Sosua. But having said that you will find a gem here and there (most will come from the capital some from San Pedro, to make a quick dollar, but the Euros tend to snatch them up quickly), I still think the real hidden gems, you will never see at night on Duarte, they simply don't go there. They stay in their neighborhoods and you actually will find them mostly during the afternoon walking around and you set up something for another time. Some you will find at night in the discos, ie. El Batey, but you won't find them hustling their asses on Duarte ...... never!

Haha. On my way down Duarte a couple of "walkalong" Chicas warned me as they realized where I was headed "Muy expensivo", pointing at a few stars heading up the stairs at El Batey. I looked at them and smiled. They should have seen my bar tab from the night before at Club Afrika on Av. Venezuela.

Like I've stated many times...I don't go on vacation NOT to spend money. Sometimes I want a bottle of Belvedere and sometimes I just want a "grande".

Skynyrd
04-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Well I'm gonna try BC in Oct see how it goes...I need to read up on the hotel section for my best option of a nice, clean chica friendly room with AC and safe walking distance to beach clubs and action.

I have spent a lot of time in Santo Domingo and always have a blast there, I like the Hotel Riazar when I am in the capital.

Any recommendations for a Hotel in BC let me know, again I like to be able to walk to the action and not worry about dark alleys at night yet a decent place at a 50ish us price.

yayow
04-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Well I'm gonna try BC in Oct see how it goes...I need to read up on the hotel section for my best option of a nice, clean chica friendly room with AC and safe walking distance to beach clubs and action.

I have spent a lot of time in Santo Domingo and always have a blast there, I like the Hotel Riazar when I am in the capital.

Any recommendations for a Hotel in BC let me know, again I like to be able to walk to the action and not worry about dark alleys at night yet a decent place at a 50ish us price.

You know awhile back I did some research on a few hotels, I put a few of them in the re-discovering Boca Chica thread with some pics of a few of the places, but I never put them all up, looked for my notes and found some so here are a few more places that may fit your bill, also El Toro in his thread did an excellent review of the hotel he stayed at Hotel Calypso. The place right across from the hotel El Toro stayed at is called:

Hotel Astoria, real nice place a little pricer than some I think the rooms are about $60/night, pool, nice restaurant and bar, one of the chicas I deal with from Santo Domingo cousin works there, that how I got hipped to it. Has all the ammenities, a/c, cable, chica friendly, hot water, wifi , safe, etc. a block away from the strip. A block and a half from the beach.

Villa Mariana - wifi, piscina, room with a/c is $45/night w/o a/c is $40/ night. They don't have individual safes in the room, but have in the reception area, which they watch and are responsible for. Restuarant on premise open to 10 at night, bar, hot water, chica friendly etc.

Casa Coco - wifi, w/ac $38/ night w/o ac $35/night bar, restuarant, safe in room, hot water, pool, chica friendly she has to have cedula

Madejra ; $40/night wifi in room, safe in room, balcony w/ view of the ocean, A/c, hot water, chica has to have ID, if the chica spends the night $10 additional, if she is having breakfast with you the next morning an additional $5, bar and nice restaurant.

El Caucho we talked quite a bit about, where I am having the party standard room $35/ night, the manager said but maybe I have to remind her if you are coming for the party I think it will be $30/night. Chica friendly actually have some chicas that stay on premise, they tend bar (to help pay for their room and board), and discreetly service the men there. Larger rooms are $50/night. larger rooms have wifi in them, others have wifi in the common area, and as you are sitting there the chicas there are always checking their facebook, etc. Nice bar, nice restuarant - only open from 8 am - 4 pm although I have been there when they kept it open for a client if he told them earlier in the day what time he would be eating. Pool, hot water etc.

A few other hotels in the re-discovering thread, plus El Toro review of the hotel he stayed in a couple of months ago, besides that hotel right around the corner from Toro's hotel Calypso is one called El Candil had a friend stay there and he liked it a lot, think it is about $35 or maybe $40 a night, not 100% sure, but he is a cheap bastard so I know he didn't pay more than that a night. nice pool, I looked at his room, and I remember hot water, a/c wifi, cable and safe in room.

Hope this helped a bit.

Oh by the way all of these hotels are what I would consider within walking distance of the strip and beach. Actually El Caucho would be the furthest from the strip a 7 - 10 minute walk. But only around the corner from the west side of the beach.

Tonto4
04-21-2012, 05:08 PM
I'll put in a plug for El Caucho where I always stay. Relaxed and affordable.

yayow
04-21-2012, 05:20 PM
I'll put in a plug for El Caucho where I always stay. Relaxed and affordable.

Yeah I know you had a great time hanging in El Caucho, good people there, when's your next trip.

Skynyrd
04-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks Yayow sounds good, in fact they prett much all sounded good with the exception of the no room safe hotel, even though there's one in the lobby I like my shit within arms reach :rofl:
but this helps a lot I will pick from your list after checking some reviews .

Again anyone going to Santo Domingo Hotel Riazor rocks:iconTU: close to several casas, casinos and freelance girls always at the bus stop out front or passing the little cafe on the corner

GREEKFREAK
04-21-2012, 06:00 PM
I first started going to BOCA CHICA about 6 years ago. I hooked up with a hot chica for about 400 pesos.

ebl1702399
04-21-2012, 07:03 PM

I stayed at the Apartment - Hotel Madejra(sp) in March and its right there in the center of things.
Not even a 1 minute walk to and splits Duarte Street in half. However you pay for what you get. For $45/night you get....

No phone in the room
No English TV
No water (when we arrived, eventually a water truck pulled up and delivered the water)
and an occasional Dominican cockroach which your chica will gladly kill with her slipper to kill the mood.

Marco
04-21-2012, 08:34 PM
You know awhile back I did some research on a few hotels, I put a few of them in the re-discovering Boca Chica thread with some pics of a few of the places, but I never put them all up, looked for my notes and found some so here are a few more places that may fit your bill, also El Toro in his thread did an excellent review of the hotel he stayed at Hotel Calypso. The place right across from the hotel El Toro stayed at is called:

Hotel Astoria, real nice place a little pricer than some I think the rooms are about $60/night, pool, nice restaurant and bar, one of the chicas I deal with from Santo Domingo cousin works there, that how I got hipped to it. Has all the ammenities, a/c, cable, chica friendly, hot water, wifi , safe, etc. a block away from the strip. A block and a half from the beach.

Villa Mariana - wifi, piscina, room with a/c is $45/night w/o a/c is $40/ night. They don't have individual safes in the room, but have in the reception area, which they watch and are responsible for. Restuarant on premise open to 10 at night, bar, hot water, chica friendly etc.

Casa Coco - wifi, w/ac $38/ night w/o ac $35/night bar, restuarant, safe in room, hot water, pool, chica friendly she has to have cedula

Madejra ; $40/night wifi in room, safe in room, balcony w/ view of the ocean, A/c, hot water, chica has to have ID, if the chica spends the night $10 additional, if she is having breakfast with you the next morning an additional $5, bar and nice restaurant.

El Caucho we talked quite a bit about, where I am having the party standard room $35/ night, the manager said but maybe I have to remind her if you are coming for the party I think it will be $30/night. Chica friendly actually have some chicas that stay on premise, they tend bar (to help pay for their room and board), and discreetly service the men there. Larger rooms are $50/night. larger rooms have wifi in them, others have wifi in the common area, and as you are sitting there the chicas there are always checking their facebook, etc. Nice bar, nice restuarant - only open from 8 am - 4 pm although I have been there when they kept it open for a client if he told them earlier in the day what time he would be eating. Pool, hot water etc.

A few other hotels in the re-discovering thread, plus El Toro review of the hotel he stayed in a couple of months ago, besides that hotel right around the corner from Toro's hotel Calypso is one called El Candil had a friend stay there and he liked it a lot, think it is about $35 or maybe $40 a night, not 100% sure, but he is a cheap bastard so I know he didn't pay more than that a night. nice pool, I looked at his room, and I remember hot water, a/c wifi, cable and safe in room.

Hope this helped a bit.

Oh by the way all of these hotels are what I would consider within walking distance of the strip and beach. Actually El Caucho would be the furthest from the strip a 7 - 10 minute walk. But only around the corner from the west side of the beach.

I used to stay at Costalunga back in the day when I used to go to Boca Chica. I liked the location because the place is not right on Duarte in the middle of all craziness. But I don't hear much about Costalunga anymore. Anyone who has stayed there lately? Anyone who has any recent information about the place?

dr1lvr
04-21-2012, 09:05 PM

TRY - HOTEL MANGO
http://www.hotelmango.com/vacaciones/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Tonto4
04-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Yeah I know you had a great time hanging in El Caucho, good people there, when's your next trip.

Hey I wish it was for your party, but probably next year.

yayow
04-22-2012, 09:04 AM
I used to stay at Costalunga back in the day when I used to go to Boca Chica. I liked the location because the place is not right on Duarte in the middle of all craziness. But I don't hear much about Costalunga anymore. Anyone who has stayed there lately? Anyone who has any recent information about the place?

TRY - HOTEL MANGO

You know there are a lot of decent options for hotels in Boca Chica, butas has been said the newer hotels with better accomodations are a little further away from Duarte and the beach. None are really that far away, but a bit away none-the-less. The hotels closer to the action tend to be the older hotels, and therefore not as new with their accomadations, which makes sense, because back in the day when Boca first became a big European vacation spot, the properties that went first and where the hotels were built were the ones closest to the beach and Duarte (the main road, where most restuarants were located).

Skynyrd
04-22-2012, 09:56 AM
TRY - HOTEL MANGO

Is this place close to the action and beach

dtaylor1972
04-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Is this place close to the action and beach

*Maybe a 10 minute (slow) walk ... or just a few minutes on a moto... if memory serves me right...
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=opera&rls=en&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hotel+mango+boca+chica&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotel+mango+boca+chica&ei=y4iUT__8NuPv6AHn1Lm5BA&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAgQtgM

Looks interesting ... and the prices ain't bad at all for BC ....*
As long as they don't have any funny chica policies - that is !

jacknback
04-22-2012, 07:14 PM
You know there are a lot of decent options for hotels in Boca Chica, butas has been said the newer hotels with better accomodations are a little further away from Duarte and the beach. None are really that far away, but a bit away none-the-less. The hotels closer to the action tend to be the older hotels, and therefore not as new with their accomadations, which makes sense, because back in the day when Boca first became a big European vacation spot, the properties that went first and where the hotels were built were the ones closest to the beach and Duarte (the main road, where most restuarants were located).

what are the dates for your party again? I might start looking at flights.

el toro
04-22-2012, 07:47 PM
what are the dates for your party again? I might start looking at flights.

Saturday June 2nd is the date of the party. Book It My Dude--JUST BOOK IT;););)!!!!!!

Jimmydr
04-22-2012, 07:52 PM
TRY - HOTEL MANGO

Looks very nice.

Mr. Smooth
04-23-2012, 02:16 AM
Actually he did have a ball up there, he spent two and a half weeks up there after he left POP.

He hung with Tom from the Scandanavian Bar, and he and his friends showed him the ropes up there. He never did make it upstairs to Classicos (spent most nights in Merengue Bar), he always had something by the time he would have made it up the stairs, lol.

That dude loved to party. It was nice to know he eventually did make it to Sosua and checked it out. He called me when I was there and said he had planned to come to town that night and maybe look into getting a room, but that was one of the nights it rained so hard, I wound up staying in. Never heard back from him.

As an aside, for any guys who need a bit more horsepower to perform, Tom has chewable tablets. He told me a bunch of his Scandanavian buddies buy them when they come over and sell them to their friends when they go back home. 500 pesos for a 10 pack.

dr1lvr
04-23-2012, 02:45 AM
*Maybe a 10 minute (slow) walk ... or just a few minutes on a moto... if memory serves me right...
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=opera&rls=en&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hotel+mango+boca+chica&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotel+mango+boca+chica&ei=y4iUT__8NuPv6AHn1Lm5BA&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CAgQtgM

Looks interesting ... and the prices ain't bad at all for BC ....*
As long as they don't have any funny chica policies - that is !

Not a shill for the hotel.... No funny chica policies. Mango is one of places where I stay in BC.

greydread
04-23-2012, 08:41 AM
http://www.bocachicabeach.net/hotels/hotels_small.html

Boca Chica is one of the easiest places I know, anywhere to snag a nice, cheap room for the night. Small, privately owned hotels are everywhere and they range (off season) between $25 - $50 generally depending on how close you are to the beach. They vary widely in terms of in-room conveniences so a little scouting doesn't hurt but unless you've got a particular hotel that you've just GOT to stay at I would recommend just playing it by ear. I pay in cash to avoid ITBIS.

If I had to characterize the DR inasfar as doing business goes I'd say that the following rules hold true in almost every instance:
Regular hotels are casual, come-as-you-are, no reservations
Cash is King. Most hotels will give you the price in USD.
A handshake is better than a contract
Eye to eye is better than over the phone always always always
Everything is negotiable unless you're at the mall or the gas station.
A very little bit of Spanish goes a very long way.
Dominicans are generally speaking, very warm and gracious people, especially when they are at ease with you. They will share their last cerveza or cup full of rice with you if you make them feel appreciated and many times when you get to know a Dominicana she has already made up her mind to sex you up and the negotiation is merely a formality and is sometimes totally inappropriate altogether. You have to feel your way through the process.
A Dominican friend is a friend for life. They will remember everything that you ever said or did when with them so be careful with your words and deeds.

MrHappy
04-23-2012, 12:01 PM
http://www.bocachicabeach.net/hotels/hotels_small.html

Boca Chica is one of the easiest places I know, anywhere to snag a nice, cheap room for the night. Small, privately owned hotels are everywhere and they range (off season) between $25 - $50 generally depending on how close you are to the beach. They vary widely in terms of in-room conveniences so a little scouting doesn't hurt but unless you've got a particular hotel that you've just GOT to stay at I would recommend just playing it by ear. I pay in cash to avoid ITBIS.

If I had to characterize the DR inasfar as doing business goes I'd say that the following rules hold true in almost every instance:
Regular hotels are casual, come-as-you-are, no reservations
Cash is King. Most hotels will give you the price in USD.
A handshake is better than a contract
Eye to eye is better than over the phone always always always
Everything is negotiable unless you're at the mall or the gas station.
A very little bit of Spanish goes a very long way.
Dominicans are generally speaking, very warm and gracious people, especially when they are at ease with you. They will share their last cerveza or cup full of rice with you if you make them feel appreciated and many times when you get to know a Dominicana she has already made up her mind to sex you up and the negotiation is merely a formality and is sometimes totally inappropriate altogether. You have to feel your way through the process.
A Dominican friend is a friend for life. They will remember everything that you ever said or did when with them so be careful with your words and deeds.

I had to bold that last one...