PDA

View Full Version : Should Pedro Clisante be made a pedestrian zone at night ?

Gutter Meat
02-18-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm all for it. Back in the days when Boca Chica was alive, they made the main strip a pedestrian only zone at night. It was nice that the establishments could set up on the street at night and not have to worry about the motoconchos. I think this would work great in Sosua. How nice it would be to walk out of Clasico at 1Am and not be bamboosaled by motoconchos.

TropicBob
02-18-2007, 10:03 PM
I agree, but would want certain "motorconcho" points along the way - it can be a long road from La Passions to the old Plutos to walk. Perhaps every 3-4 blocks have a Concho Stand", then the motorconchos can go around Pedro - using the other street (Rosen?) to go from point A to point B, etc.

Stumbling drunk while walking down the middle of the street would be enhanced if I didn't have to dodge Motorconchos and autos...

Corrado
02-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Any type of motos will mess that up. They should make it so that the very fat putas get paid to let you ride on their backs for three or four blocks.

SJG
02-18-2007, 10:50 PM
If there was an alternate means of getting everywhere, then yes. Or maybe perhaps not all of Pedro Clisante, just close it off from calle DR Rosen down to the beach, like Bob suggested.

continentalmike
02-19-2007, 12:44 AM
No, I like to park the jeep in front!

guttaman
02-19-2007, 08:40 AM
I believe he is referring to the one way that starts at Calle DR Rosen and enda at PJ's. They had it blocked off one weekend and it was one well of a party.

weyland
02-19-2007, 08:43 AM
All roads in all countries should be made pedestrian, bicycle and scooter zones 24/7. WhyNotMe would have to sell trainers instead of motors, the DR would have to re-install the railways the vandals have ripped up, and most Americans would lose 30lbs, enjoy their sex lives more, and wouldn't have to pay for two seats in a publico. Little Dominican boys would grow up as harmless trainspotters instead of sex- and drug-crazed tigeres.

continentalmike
02-19-2007, 03:26 PM
I believe he is referring to the one way that starts at Calle DR Rosen and enda at PJ's. They had it blocked off one weekend and it was one well of a party.

I know :D

I still like to park the jeep in front!

Don Tomas
02-19-2007, 04:40 PM
All roads in all countries should be made pedestrian, bicycle and scooter zones 24/7.

I think all countries should be like Drachten, The Netherlands. Just get rid of traffic lights! In certain countries it could "weed out" the gene pool.

WhyNotMe would have to sell trainers instead of motors, the DR would have to re-install the railways the vandals have ripped up, and most Americans would lose 30lbs, enjoy their sex lives more, and wouldn't have to pay for two seats in a publico. Little Dominican boys would grow up as harmless trainspotters instead of sex- and drug-crazed tigeres.

Oh shit a Brit talking about railways. Plus it's ironic you made a referrence to the 10th best British film of all time and used the activity opposite of "drug-crazed" since the movie/book was about drugs!

weyland
02-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Oh shit a Brit talking about railways. Plus it's ironic you made a referrence to the 10th best British film of all time and used the activity opposite of "drug-crazed" since the movie/book was about drugs!
It's not an irony, it's an (intentional) double irony. Just because I like film noir doesn't mean I haven't heard of any British film since "Brief Encounter". You will have to get up early to catch me out, young Master Tomas. I have a 5-hour advantage over you.

Apos
02-19-2007, 04:55 PM
and Weyland throws down the gauntlet:rolleyes::lol:
It's not an irony, it's an (intentional) double irony. Just because I like film noir doesn't mean I haven't heard of any British film since "Brief Encounter". You will have to get up early to catch me out, young Master Tomas. I have a 5-hour advantage over you.

Don Tomas
02-19-2007, 05:08 PM

Want to feel old?

Brief Encounter is almost older then my mom!:eek:

weyland
02-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Want to feel old? Brief Encounter is almost older then my mom!:eek:
Still worth looking at now and again. By introducing your mother into the thread you almost tempted me to make what might have been a very tasteless comparison there, but I bit my (cyber) lip and said nothing.

Gutter Meat
02-24-2007, 11:03 PM
It's on the mayors desk.

Apos
04-15-2007, 12:23 PM
so? what's happening???
It's on the mayors desk.

SJG
04-15-2007, 01:01 PM
I'll speak to the mayor next week.

Apos
04-15-2007, 01:05 PM
why not just as jimmy now:rolleyes:
I'll speak to the mayor next week.

SJG
04-15-2007, 01:35 PM
why not just as jimmy now:rolleyes:

Well that's what I meant. Mayor Jimmy and I will be tearing up lot's of Sosua pussy next week, so in between chicas, while cooling our balls in the pool, I'll bring up this important piece of business. I'll also include Lorenzo as he seems to have an in with the president, Leonel! (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46606)

Gutter Meat
04-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Well that's what I meant. Mayor Jimmy and I will be tearing up lot's of Sosua pussy next week, so in between chicas, while cooling our balls in the pool, I'll bring up this important piece of business. I'll also include Lorenzo as he seems to have an in with the president, Leonel! (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46606)

Yes now that the closing times will be later , they should make it a pedestrian zone.

Gutter Meat
05-19-2007, 10:11 PM
It can be a pain commin outa clasico's at 2am and being bomberded by the conco's

ChicaSeeka
05-19-2007, 10:38 PM

I thought Jimmy was going to columbia ???

Mr Bambino
05-19-2007, 11:32 PM
When I first went to DR I thought I would never drive down there. Now I enjoy renting a car and driving around. But, part of the fun in Sosua is walking around town.

Mr Bambino

TropicBob
05-20-2007, 05:11 PM
When I first went to DR I thought I would never drive down there. Now I enjoy renting a car and driving around. But, part of the fun in Sosua is walking around town.

Mr Bambino

As your driver....I know you enjoy going around in circles passing our hotel over and over again in Sosua...much easier to walk back to the hotel.....
I need a drink,

ChicaSeeka
05-20-2007, 06:09 PM
As your driver....I know you enjoy going around in circles passing our hotel over and over again in Sosua...much easier to walk back to the hotel.....
I need a drink,

I thought I was the only one taking laps around sosua... (like I did mot stand out) "gringo in lime green little car" LOL

Mr Bambino
05-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Funny thing, first time I rented a car in DR. I met Bob's ex-novia Jamie. I am not sure what got in me, but I thought it would be a good idea to teach her how to drive. Big mistake. She could not drive for shit. She was running motocoachs off the road and almost hitting people walking in the streets. Then she crashed the car. It was a mess. Good thing I got the full insurance.

Mr Bambino