PDA

View Full Version : Mejia reiterates his stance on judges

NewsWhore
04-26-2012, 04:50 PM
PRD presidential candidate Hipolito Mejia has repeated his conviction that the selection of the judges for the Supreme Court of Justice, Supreme Electoral Court and Constitutional Court was "a political abuse" by President Leonel Fernandez. He stressed that these courts were made up of judges who, in his view, did not meet the conditions required to carry out their functions. "I am convinced that for the selection of the high courts and the Supreme Court of Justice what happened was a case of political abuse by President Leonel Fernandez who selected people who do not have any of the requirements, I reemphasize it," he said.

Nevertheless, Mejia upon being questioned by Diario Libre reporters yesterday, Wednesday 25 April, about just which judges he was referring to, only said that "I answered that issue already."

Likewise, the PRD candidate described the report by the Senator from Bani, Wilton Guerrero as "a piece of nonsense." The senator recently claimed that there was a plot to kill the journalist Nuria Piera. "What this guy should be doing is to be in Bani, resolving the problems of the mango growers, to the farm in Fundacion that was burned down, and no one paid it any attention, maybe he should be doing something else," said Mejia.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#6)