PDA

View Full Version : HEY GUYS I NEED A TAXI FROM STI

bronx player
04-30-2012, 07:03 PM
i knowrates like 2500rd thats i think 75 US$ does anyone has a guy or no driver that has a better rate .... am going to puerto plata and then check out sosua ...sosua will be my first time there.......

Tonto4
04-30-2012, 07:46 PM
This post seems to put you in the ballpark http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?377644-Puerto-Plata-or-Santiago-Airport&highlight=taxi+from+sti. 2500 is under $70.

dquick
04-30-2012, 08:06 PM
i knowrates like 2500rd thats i think 75 US$ does anyone has a guy or no driver that has a better rate .... am going to puerto plata and then check out sosua ...sosua will be my first time there.......

If you want to save money, catch the bus. Its a short ride to the bus station, then the bus is pretty cheap.

swiggy
04-30-2012, 09:53 PM
what day?

bronx player
05-01-2012, 01:46 AM
If you want to save money, catch the bus. Its a short ride to the bus station, then the bus is pretty cheap.

How long is that bus ride I think I read in one thread that metro is better but it didn't say actully how long.

bronx player
05-01-2012, 01:47 AM
what day?

This Friday.

No Worries
05-01-2012, 05:39 PM
How long is that bus ride I think I read in one thread that metro is better but it didn't say actully how long.
i think its about 2 hours from Santiago to PP.

Pepp-1
05-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I used Caribe Tours during my trip in August. Caribe tours takes little over 2 hours with about 2 stops between Santiago and Sosua. I believe Metro is non stop from Santiago to Sosua. I know for sure Metro drops you off right down the street from the action while Caribe Tours drops you off in Charmicos (you may need a Moto or taxi for Caribe). Have a blast!

jcrew2020
05-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I used Caribe Tours during my trip in August. Caribe tours takes little over 2 hours with about 2 stops between Santiago and Sosua. I believe Metro is non stop from Santiago to Sosua. I know for sure Metro drops you off right down the street from the action while Caribe Tours drops you off in Charmicos (you may need a Moto or taxi for Caribe). Have a blast!

Caribe tour starts at los jardine in santiago and stops at Las Colinas and Puerto Plata.

Metro start at los jardines (next to Caribe Tours) and stops in Puerto Plata. Better type of people on Metro bus.

I don't think you will find a taxi any cheaper than 2,500 pesos.

swiggy
05-01-2012, 08:03 PM
2500 is probably pretty close to the posted rate at the airport on the board, the legal taxis are supposed to give you that rate. every time i point out the board the agree.

Rubicon
05-02-2012, 03:11 PM

http://www.metroserviciosturisticos.com/rutas_horarios.html

Here is the Route link for Metro, although it doesn't reflect pricing. I've taken this bus many times in the past and it took 1 hour 15 minutes from Santiago to Puerto Plata.

http://www.caribetours.com.do/viajes

Also, here is the link for Caribe Tours. I took this bus recently and it took about 1 hour and 35 minutes from Santiago to Puerto Plata as it had stops in Santiago Rodriguez (where it sat for about 15 minutes), and then a couple minute stop at Imbert to let a couple of passengers off. Price was 120 pesos.