PDA

View Full Version : solo trip

GREEKFREAK
05-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Wow i never thought it would happen to me but my lame wingman just canceled his trip on me like a little bitch. looks like I'm gonna be doing this trip for the first time solo!:/ i dunno how thats gonna work out..not feeling so great about it lol.......although i am going in June and by the looks of things i won't have a problem finding wing men from the boards there...any thoughts?

natmatt
05-05-2012, 09:49 PM
dude, you will be fine. i have done over 10 trips solo and always
enjoy them better than when i go with my friends.

GREEKFREAK
05-05-2012, 09:53 PM
so going to the beach,having breakfast and dinner solo wasn't that bad either?

natmatt
05-05-2012, 10:07 PM
not a problem..............

@ breakfast, there are always other guys there sharing stories and you
get to chat it up with some of the guys that you saw the other night at
the bar or classico's.

@ the beach, the chicas that patrol the beach will be there molesting
you.

@ dinner, just look around in the day time in the stores, waitresses, etc
for the non pros and ask them if they want to join you. it is a good way
to learn the culture, get to know some of the local folks, and practice
your Spanish.

Skynyrd
05-05-2012, 10:22 PM
I have done EVERY trip solo..my June trip will be the First time with a wingman.
never had any trouble, always guys to hang out with for meals ect.

GREEKFREAK
05-05-2012, 10:25 PM
not a problem..............

@ breakfast, there are always other guys there sharing stories and you
get to chat it up with some of the guys that you saw the other night at
the bar or classico's.

@ the beach, the chicas that patrol the beach will be there molesting
you.

@ dinner, just look around in the day time in the stores, waitresses, etc
for the non pros and ask them if they want to join you. it is a good way
to learn the culture, get to know some of the local folks, and practice
your Spanish.

Nattmatt you def made me feel better... I'm actually a little exited...might be a well needed adventure

natmatt
05-05-2012, 10:41 PM
just watch out for the hustlers. they will immediately try to be your friend
when they see you alone. just start speaking Spanish to them to let them
know that you know your way around.

the chicas will be all over you. do not worry, you will be fine.

El-Rey
05-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Being solo is fun. Just be on point and dont go for any bullshit. Enjoy urself, Dudes will see your solo and deff reach out and chat with you.

michel3275
05-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Once you start traveling solo, its very hard to go back.
You always do what you want when you want, you can sleep all day or go to breakfast a 7 am without fucking anybody else's trip.
Go to the bars you want, hang with the people you want. Planning a trip is easier, you go on your dates and you budget.
You choose you hotel with your preferences, nobody's gonna tell you they need a flat screen 42 inches or more.

The thing you need to know about Sosua is that there's always a ton of solo traveler looking for someone to have a beer with and shoot the shit. It's actually hard to be alone when you want to be.

Skynyrd
05-06-2012, 07:02 AM
You choose you hotel with your preferences, nobody's gonna tell you they need a flat screen 42 inches or more.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:I take it you don't want Mikelodge as a wingman:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SrSuerte
05-06-2012, 07:09 AM
I have been to Sosua solo before. I ended up renting a scooter and traveling outside the city to get girls with a dude that was staying at my hotel.

MuyGuapo
05-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Last year I did San Jose solo on our way out. Everyone "had" to get back to work, I said fuck it, I'm here I'm going to HDR solo for a few days then back to Newark.

I had a blast - within an hour or less first night, I meet these two ex-mounties from Canada - they are like 6'6" each, I am 6'1" - I feel very comfortable walking around town at dark with these guys. They give me the whole tour, on foot, HLH, Oasis, etc. They explained everything I needed to know. They we walk back to the hotel, part ways for a nap/shower, and I saw them again after dinner. Great guys and made my first solo night in the Gulch great.

I too hate eating alone when I travel, but like others guys have said at some point friends are holding you back from the true mission. Have a good time, be safe.

Tonto4
05-06-2012, 01:47 PM
I've always met good people to hang with down there. The guys on the board have alot of experience they are willing to share.

Jimmydr
05-06-2012, 02:14 PM
I have been to Sosua solo before. I ended up renting a scooter and traveling outside the city to get girls with a dude that was staying at my hotel.

I did at least 8 trips sort of solo.

Jimmydr
05-06-2012, 02:14 PM
You always do what you want when you want, you can sleep all day or go to breakfast a 7 am without fucking anybody else's trip.
Go to the bars you want, hang with the people you want. Planning a trip is easier, you go on your dates and you budget.

:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

Jimmydr
05-06-2012, 02:15 PM
so going to the beach,having breakfast and dinner solo wasn't that bad either?

Only if you want to.

Jimmydr
05-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Wow i never thought it would happen to me but my lame wingman just canceled his trip on me like a little bitch. looks like I'm gonna be doing this trip for the first time solo!:/ i dunno how thats gonna work out..not feeling so great about it lol.......although i am going in June and by the looks of things i won't have a problem finding wing men from the boards there...any thoughts?

Its the best thing to happen, Now you can book your trips and never have to worry about everyone getting the same time off.

weyland
05-06-2012, 02:26 PM
I too hate eating alone when I travel.
So do I. That's what chicas are for. Just make sure they don't always choose the most expensive thing on the menu (usually without a clue what it is because they can only read prices).

Much better than dining with other mongers. If you dine with Robert13212, for example, he will steal your french frieds if you are distracted by a passing chica for a split second.

Jimmydr
05-06-2012, 02:32 PM
So do I. That's what chicas are for. Just make sure they don't always choose the most expensive thing on the menu (usually without a clue what it is because they can only read prices).

Much better than dining with other mongers. If you dine with Robert13212, for example, he will steal your french frieds if you are distracted by a passing chica for a split second.

That happened 4 years ago:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

GREEKFREAK
05-06-2012, 03:23 PM

The thing you need to know about Sosua is that there's always a ton of solo traveler looking for someone to have a beer with and shoot the shit. It's actually hard to be alone when you want to be.

Your absolutly right about planning around my own schedule. its a great sense of freedom.. just thinking back on how a friend has held me from doing a lot of what i wanted to do last time.

bronx player
05-06-2012, 03:24 PM
will be doing solo for first also is anyone gonna be there from27th thru 31st of may?

GREEKFREAK
05-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Its the best thing to happen, Now you can book your trips and never have to worry about everyone getting the same time off.

very true

Jimmydr
05-06-2012, 03:30 PM
will be doing solo for first also is anyone gonna be there from27th thru 31st of may?

If you spit you will hit a boardmember.:mrgreen:

Jimmydr
05-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Your absolutly right about planning around my own schedule. its a great sense of freedom.. just thinking back on how a friend has held me from doing a lot of what i wanted to do last time.

They get in the way when you want to go back to the room for a few days.:corky:

weyland
05-06-2012, 04:35 PM
If you spit you will hit a boardmember.
Start your spitting in Robert's direction. He's a big target.

TC
05-06-2012, 07:07 PM

I've mongered all over the world, virtually every trip without a wingman. You will be fine.

mho
05-06-2012, 09:08 PM
I always go solo. It has never been a problem meeting people to hang with. To me it seems better to have friends in town rather than a wing, people to hang with and freedom when I want to do my own thing.

I am coming down on 5/9 so if you are feeling lonely, message me and we can go look at putas together.

el toro
05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
There are advantages to traveling with wings and advantages traveling solo.

More than half of my trips have been solo. One of my current wings I met on a previous trip while traveling solo.

If you take enough trips it's only a matter of time before a wing looses his job, gets married (yeah I know) or something else happens to cause one to cancel. It just happens sometimes. I planned my last trip with two wings from a previous trip and according to dates that we all agreed on and both canceled--not for no pussy reasons, but it happens.

When traveling solo it's cool because everyone you talk to is someone new that you're getting to know. Now that you know you're going solo just think of all the shit that you can get into that you don't have to worry about others agreeing with you on. Just get your mind wrapped around the idea of having a great trip and hell with the canceled one.

TonyT
05-06-2012, 09:38 PM
For the past 5 years I only roll solo.

Eat when I want, venture off when I want, fuck when I want, move around islands when I want and on and on. Making temp friends to fill the void if needed is easy and they are easy to discard without regret if your plans differ.

Looking back at all the times a wingman fucked up my plans or the other way around it's just not worth it too me.

GREEKFREAK
05-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Looks like my ISOC bro's have restored confidence! a lot of good points made! I have been held back many times because of wingmen. just got in touch with Rick this morning it looks like I'm gonna give Sosua Suites a try based on the recommendations! 275 a week is smooth.

el toro
05-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Looks like my ISOC bro's have restored confidence! a lot of good points made! I have been held back many times because of wingmen. just got in touch with Rick this morning it looks like I'm gonna give Sosua Suites a try based on the recommendations! 275 a week is smooth.

That's a great move. Have a great trip!

bronx player
05-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Hmmm is sosua suites better or cheaper than NG or both?

TNT72
05-06-2012, 11:28 PM

It is both. You can't beat the price if you are on Dr. Rosen!

Not only is it cheaper, it's bigger, and the customer service you get from Rick goes way above and beyond what you will get anywhere.

Unless of course your talking to mikelodge.

deezl
05-06-2012, 11:31 PM

I think it's both. New Garden is $400+ per week (for the old wing, new wing is probably closer to $500), Sosua Suites is $305 - for a full apartment with kitchen, and free airport pickup. New Garden maybe has a nicer pool, but that's probably about it.

Seville
05-07-2012, 12:06 AM

That never happens when I dine with you now, ever since passing chicas do not distract you any longer. Your oxygen tube and catheter are your only distractions these days.

Seville
05-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Start your spitting in Robert's direction. He's a big target.

Are you trying to say I am getting fat? I guess I can't argue with you on that.:(

Seville
05-07-2012, 12:09 AM

A good choice.:iconTU:

Snowflake
05-10-2012, 06:11 AM

Same here. Are u flying into STI or POP?I am thinking about doing Santiago for a day or 2 and then going to Sosua, but I rather not do Santiago solo.

GREEKFREAK
05-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Same here. Are u flying into STI or POP?I am thinking about doing Santiago for a day or 2 and then going to Sosua, but I rather not do Santiago solo.
I ended up paying extra and going straight to POP spasificly to avoid Santiago. Just not my cup of tea . Dont get me wrong, plenty of a action In Santiago . But I perfer sosua .. The beach! I don't think we there same time .. I'm there June 13-18 ..

MrHappy
05-10-2012, 05:12 PM

If you're eating with a chick, figure out what she wants before the waiter comes, and order for her. Tell her that's what men do when they are true gentlemen.

I've got a news flash for you: most of the girls have no idea what they're looking at on a menu.

They don't have a clue between chicken cordon bleu or wiener schnitzel. NOT.A.CLUE. They always pick camarones, because it's the only expensive thing on the menu that they recognize.

So, the best way to handle that?

If she selects something expensive, just ask " Te gusta picante? Eso tiene picante" and make a fanning motion with your mouth.

Repeat until she settles on something she likes, then you place the order for her with the waiter.

Seville
05-10-2012, 05:19 PM
If you're eating with a chick, figure out what she wants before the waiter comes, and order for her. Tell her that's what men do when they are true gentlemen.

I've got a news flash for you: most of the girls have no idea what they're looking at on a menu.

They don't have a clue between chicken cordon bleu or wiener schnitzel. NOT.A.CLUE. They always pick camarones, because it's the only expensive thing on the menu that they recognize.

If she selects something expensive, just ask " Te gusta picante? Eso tiene picante" and make a fanning motion with your mouth.

Repeat until she settles on something she likes, then you place the order for her with the waiter.

Or just tell her, "We are going out for chicken tonight".:biggrin:

el toro
05-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Out? You mean down the street. Street chicken is great in DR and they usually love it.

MrHappy
05-10-2012, 05:46 PM

Well...... yeah, for the putas.. I was referring to the "nice" girls.. You know, the expensive putas....

JD426
05-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Well...... yeah, for the putas.. I was referring to the "nice" girls.. You know, the expensive putas....

Man you are on a roll tonight
so true..

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dvdmdz
05-10-2012, 07:34 PM
I've gone dolo more than once. Always managed to have a blast......you'll be fine.....:iconTU:

TNT72
05-10-2012, 07:57 PM

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

bronx player
05-10-2012, 08:02 PM
am witing on a reply from Rick for my 4day solo at end of may

gdogg
05-12-2012, 08:33 AM
I've taken over 25 trips to the island...EVERY one of them solo (not counting a couple of layover meet ups for big "invasions"). This started when there were only a handful of posting members here. Now? Like someone said, you can't spit without hitting one of us. And the folks who aren't members here are cool as well. If you're worrying about eating by yourself, just go to Rocky's.

uncle ruckus
05-12-2012, 10:25 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Accurate and hilarious!

DASBOOTY
05-12-2012, 10:56 AM

In January I arranged for a campo chica to meet me in Sosua for a couple of days of fun. So I met her in the salon she used to work at, and she invites her amiga to come to lunch with us. I tell campo chica (CC) "solo tu y yo", but this fell on deaf ears as the amiga was coming with us anyway. Not only was the amiga accompanying us, she was leading us....................right to Baileys restaurant, WTF.

So I figured CC's stupid amiga was gonna order the camarones. But the chicas could not find anything on the menu that they wanted (I was surprised they didn't notice the camarones), so we went to PJ's where they ordered Dominican food.

Anyway, earlier that trip I had sessioned with a hooker one day and afterwards she wanted to eat, and she took me to Ricky's Pollo on PC, just before Scotia Bank. Really good tipico comida at Ricky's and at a decent price.

In March I arranged for CC to meet me in Sosua again and I took her to Ricky's Pollo for lunch and she really liked it.

So from now on, if the Dominicana I am with is hungry, I will take her to Ricky's............and no amigas allowed to join us :rofl::rofl:.

GREEKFREAK
05-12-2012, 04:34 PM
I've taken over 25 trips to the island...EVERY one of them solo (not counting a couple of layover meet ups for big "invasions"). This started when there were only a handful of posting members here. Now? Like someone said, you can't spit without hitting one of us. And the folks who aren't members here are cool as well. If you're worrying about eating by yourself, just go to Rocky's.

Thanks for the info Gdogg; since starting this post I have come to terms with it and noticed I'm way more exited now that Rollin solo! The adrenaline of being alone in a country where no one knows you is a great feeling.

Hemp
05-13-2012, 12:37 PM
I like having a wingman around...rather do one with. but i could always see if i did go solo...i wouldnt have an issue finding guys to kick it with. :iconTU: