PDA

View Full Version : Puerte Del Sol, Francis Ford, H2O, Ambis 1...

SrSuerte
05-09-2012, 07:24 PM
A friend that I work with is from Satiago, but she has not been home in a little while. I wanted to know if these places are still in business and if anyone had any iformation about location and other intel.

Puerta Del Sol

Francis Ford

H2O

Ambis 1

SrSuerte
05-09-2012, 07:26 PM
I was also told to where my good clothes. Italian style dress shoes and dress pants.

SrSuerte
05-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I found a facebook page for H2O

http://es-es.facebook.com/h2obar

SrSuerte
05-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Puerta Del Sol

http://www.dr-restaurants.com/en/restaurant.php?id=10041

MyTio
05-09-2012, 10:53 PM
I was also told to where my good clothes. Italian style dress shoes and dress pants.
I was their two years ago if I remember correctly it by the monument It was not at night but in the afternoon was not that fancy and i did not have on Italian style dress shoes I had on sneakers long pants and shirt . The food was good

DCIronman
05-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Francis Ford?:rofl: You mean Francifol. And I haven't been there in a while myself. But your buddy is right. You will get turned away for being under-dressed.

Haven't been to Ambis in a minute as well. But it used to be my spot. A really nice mix of non and semi-pros was found there every time they had a live band. They may be closed though. You can check online to see if they have an updated website. They used to update the old one as well.

Looks like you've already found info on the others.

uncle ruckus
05-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Ambis has been closed for close to 10 years now. I was at one of the last parties they ever had with Tono Rosario back in 2003. After that it would only open 2 or 3 times a year for big parties. There's been zero activity there for at least the last 6 years.

Francifol is still there and still full of the rich santiagueros who haven't defected to LVL. Dress code is long pants (jeans acceptable) a shirt with buttons (polo acceptable) and dress shoes (fashion sneakers acceptable, but athletic sneakers usually not).

DCIronman
05-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Ambis has been closed for close to 10 years now. I was at one of the last parties they ever had with Tono Rosario back in 2003. After that it would only open 2 or 3 times a year for big parties. There's been zero activity there for at least the last 6 years.

Francifol is still there and still full of the rich santiagueros who haven't defected to LVL. Dress code is long pants (jeans acceptable) a shirt with buttons (polo acceptable) and dress shoes (fashion sneakers acceptable, but athletic sneakers usually not).

Yeah, but then they opened Ambis II. And that joint was open at least up until 06-07 cause that was my spot. I use to go there on thursday nights when they had a live band. Scores of non and semi-pros looking for someone to go to a cabana with. I took a date to a concert there one night. We saw Tulili and Julian.

Not sure if it's open anymore though.

uncle ruckus
05-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah, but then they opened Ambis II. And that joint was open at least up until 06-07 cause that was my spot. I use to go there on thursday nights when they had a live band. Scores of non and semi-pros looking for someone to go to a cabana with. I took a date to a concert there one night. We saw Tulili and Julian.

Not sure if it's open anymore though.

You're right. I'd forgotten about Ambis II. I think someone tried to relaunch it in 2008 or 2009 but the last couple of trips I've been in Santiago, it's been completely closed. Relegated to the dustbin of Santiago history.

Katherin
09-06-2013, 06:19 AM
Agree with the above members about the topic and impressed the the thinking of the members who post here because they had good knowledge about the topic.

el_papi_chew_low
09-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Puerta Del Sol Was open when I was there in July. Is across the street from the Monument and on the same side as Kukara Macara.

jcrew2020
09-06-2013, 05:51 PM
The good places to go now would be ahi bar, puerto del sol, lovera, level, h20, soho. Let me know if anyone needs advice about santiago. I go out in santiago every weekend.