PDA

View Full Version : Capital affected by water shortages

NewsWhore
05-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Several barrios to the south of John F. Kennedy Avenue began to report a lack of water during the day yesterday, Wednesday, 9 May. In Villa Consuelo, where water is usually supplied on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, there was no water yesterday with any pressure at all. Even with pumps, it was not possible to get water up to the second floor. Meanwhile in Villa Francisca, due to the warning, some people went without water. "I am waiting for some to arrive tomorrow (today) because there were so many people that I could not get any," said Rafaela Mejia. And Mily Espinosa, in San Carlos, said that although the water pressure was weak, it was enough for her to fill two tanks with water, "enough to last me four days."

At the same time in Santa Barbara, some people could not get any water after eight o'clock. "There was water, but the pressure was very low," said Ruth Reyes. Mercedes Rodriguez said that on Benito Gonzalez Street, between Juana Saltitopa and Mella Avenue, it has been a year since they had any water. The director of the Santo Domingo Water and Sewer Corporation (CAASD), Freddy Perez, reported yesterday, Wednesday, 9 May, that the break in the 67-inch pipeline caused by a drilling rig in the PVSA gasoline station located in Santo Domingo West would be fixed by Sunday or in the early hours on Monday.

In view of the situation, Perez called on the residents of Greater Santo Domingo to save water.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#5)