PDA

View Full Version : HPV

Sidney
05-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Human Papiloma virus at dangerous levels
In an interview on the Cuentas Claras radio program, the president of the Dominican Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr, Ruddy Rafael Guerrero said that recent studies have shown that 25% of women who attend gynecological consultations have the Human Papiloma virus (HPV), which is incurable and potentially carcinogenic. Most were adolescents who have started having sexual relations early.

Guerrero said that the problem is more serious as many of the men and women infected were completely unaware. However, many others were having examinations before getting married or starting intimate relations to avoid becoming infected.

He said that infected women who are pregnant would have to deliver by C-section so that the newborn would not be contaminated during the birth.

He said that the HPV virus is the main cause of cervical cancer in women, and is usually detected in women who go for a Pap smear. In men it was detected when they were treated for surgical removal of warts from their private parts.

He advised the public to be faithful to their partners, use condoms and carry out frequent checks of their intimate parts.

Passport Playa
05-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Here's more information FOR THOSE WHOM ARE INTERESTED: http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm

PP #1

el toro
05-27-2012, 05:10 PM
This should not be a surprise to anyone. In NYC it's estimated that 25% of women have genital herpes. I'm sure that percentage is estimated a lot of places for that matter.

greydread
05-27-2012, 07:24 PM
He advised the public to be faithful to their partners, use condoms and carry out frequent checks of their intimate parts.

Oh. Okay!

Die from cancer 20 years from now or starve to death now. Riiiight.

steviewonder
05-28-2012, 12:51 AM
He said that infected women who are pregnant would have to deliver by C-section so that the newborn would not be contaminated during the birth.

Total BS, 99.9% are already C-sections in this country due to the cost, as well as an Obstetrician actually being available for a natural child birth delivery.:rolleyes:

MrHappy
05-28-2012, 06:23 PM
I've had more than one doctor tell me that even when they do STD tests on people, they do not include the test for Herpes.

Why?

Because it's incurable, there's no treatment for it, it won't kill you, and if you live here and are sexually active, there's a very good chance you're already got it. That's how common it is in the DR.

el toro
05-28-2012, 06:30 PM
I've had more than one doctor tell me that even when they do STD tests on people, they do not include the test for Herpes.

Why?

Because it's incurable, there's no treatment for it, it won't kill you, and if you live here and are sexually active, there's a very good chance you're already got it. That's how common it is in the DR.

You'll be surprised at how many people in the US only get tested for HIV. Some say they have to pay more out of pocket for the other tests or despite having health insurance will only go to the free clinic and that's all they test for.

greydread
05-28-2012, 08:09 PM

Why?

From what I've heard, doesn't Herpes usually announce itself? I would think that the appearance of a painful genital wart would be indication enough.

They'll never find a cure for Herpes. It's almost a designer disease. It won't kill you, can't be cured and has no disabling effects that we know of yet it is annoying enough to have spawned an entire range of treatments. Very expensive treatments.

Call me a pessimist but I think that we may be witnessing an era of "accidentally" caused, Man-made afflictions I mean after all of 1.75 million years of Human existance how in the hell are we coming up with new diseases that nobody's ever seen before? Now that there's a profit in it I expect more to show up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7P4iFg048k

Gladiator
05-29-2012, 04:27 PM
From what I've heard, doesn't Herpes usually announce itself? I would think that the appearance of a painful genital wart would be indication enough.

Not normally, in most cases herpes shows either very mild symptoms (so mild that no one gives them any importance) or no symptoms at all – most herpes carriers are latent and unaware of it, the guys who get it and experience the pain are a minority.

I’m not a doctor, but have discussed this with them during tests many times. None of the tests was ever for herpes because unless you have a full-on outbreak herpes tests are useless.

bailar
05-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Herpes and HPV are different STDs if I'm not mistaken.

greydread
05-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Herpes and HPV are different STDs if I'm not mistaken.

Ya. and your point would be........?

:confused:

bailar
05-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Ya. and your point would be........?

:confused:

I thought the thread was about HPV......:confused:

greydread
05-30-2012, 09:44 AM
I thought the thread was about HPV......:confused:

We've progressed to the

"As compared to..."

part of the conversation.

:wink:

parasitius
06-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Here's more information FOR THOSE WHOM ARE INTERESTED: http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm

PP #1

It should be: for those WHO are interested

greydread
06-28-2012, 12:50 AM
It should be: for those WHO are interested

Really?

That's your 1st post on this board? Are you a high school English teacher?

How about throwing out a trip report? I promise not to correct it. Daam.

Dick Dawson
06-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Really?

That's your 1st post on this board? Are you a high school English teacher?

How about throwing out a trip report? I promise not to correct it. Daam.

From the looks of his handle, we may not want any more posts from him.

ghr182
06-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Not normally, in most cases herpes shows either very mild symptoms (so mild that no one gives them any importance) or no symptoms at all – most herpes carriers are latent and unaware of it, the guys who get it and experience the pain are a minority.

I’m not a doctor, but have discussed this with them during tests many times. None of the tests was ever for herpes because unless you have a full-on outbreak herpes tests are useless.

I beg to differ. I get tested annually, and I do all STD's test. I do urine and blood tests. My doctor says that herpes tests are done by blood, and there are two tests for both types, mouth and gential.

JD426
06-28-2012, 10:04 AM

They'll never find a cure for Herpes. It's almost a designer disease. It won't kill you, can't be cured and has no disabling effects that we know of yet it is annoying enough to have spawned an entire range of treatments. Very expensive treatments.

Call me a pessimist but I think that we may be witnessing an era of "accidentally" caused, Man-made afflictions I mean after all of 1.75 million years of Human existance how in the hell are we coming up with new diseases that nobody's ever seen before? Now that there's a profit in it I expect more to show up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7P4iFg048k

Talking about the Medical profesion in that way...
for shame....

And people ask me if my Tin Foil hat is on tight, when I talk about "BANKERS" possibly taking advantage and stealing or "confiscating' Money in the DR if someone gets Deported...
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
But go on, you on the right track... I'm with you..
Doctors and the whole medical profession & especially the Pharm Industry (who are in bed with the doctors ,ie their "PUSHER MAN" ) are NOT about "curing" People, its about "treating" people.,
just google the accuracy of the statement "What was the Last Cure for anyway ???? POLIO ?? "
Its dead on...

Chris Rock is 100% on the money, Nobody is looking to Cure SHIT...there is no money in it, the math dont even work... R&D costs MONEY,, who funds R&D ? stockholders wanna get PAID..