PDA

View Full Version : Poor Trade

Sidney
05-27-2012, 03:28 PM
The DR ranked in bottom third for trade
The Dominican Republic was ranked 87th of 132 countries assessed for the biennial Global Enabling Trade Index 2012. This compared to its 73rd position in 2010.

Countries ranked below the DR in Latin America and the Caribbean were Colombia, Bolivia, Argentina, Paraguay, Guyana and Haiti.

The survey ranked the countries on a range of factors. Singapore is first followed by Hong Kong. The World Economic Forum makes the point that size is not a determinant for a good ranking. It says that Denmark and Sweden, with their small, open economies, entered the top 10.

The World Economic Forum highlights how traditional notions of trade are becoming outdated, with global value chains measurements, policies and cooperation.

The report ranked nations' trade openness. It found that traditional notions of trade are increasingly outdated as global value chains require new measurements, policies and cooperation. The report also finds that security, quality and trade can be mutually reinforcing through supply chain integrity efforts, but a knowledge gap in identifying buyers remains an important barrier.

The report focuses on important obstacles to exporting and importing in each country and the strong links between import and export.

"Reports like the Enabling Trade Index should stimulate greater trade flows around the world," said Scott Davis, Chairman and CEO of UPS. "The Index takes a comprehensive approach toward encouraging governments to make needed changes to their trade and customs measures. We need more countries focusing on ways to facilitate trade in the way that Singapore and other leading economies have. The business community also has a role to play in leveraging the new opportunities created."

At the core of the report is the Enabling Trade Index, which measures institutions, policies and services facilitating the free flow of goods over borders and to destination. It breaks the enablers into four issue areas: market access, border administration, transport and communications infrastructure, and business environment. The Index uses a combination of data from publicly available sources, as well as the results of the Executive Opinion Survey, a comprehensive annual survey conducted by the World Economic Forum with its network of partner research institutes and business organizations in the countries included in the report.

Read the report at www.weforum.org/getr (http://dr1.com/mailing/lt.php?c=2408&m=2428&nl=1&lid=26129&l=-http--www.weforum.org/getr)

DASBOOTY
05-27-2012, 04:02 PM
The DR ranked in bottom third for trade
The Dominican Republic was ranked 87th of 132 countries assessed for the biennial Global Enabling Trade Index 2012. This compared to its 73rd position in 2010.

Depends on what "trades" one is ranking :wink:.

For the trade in "toto".......................................DR ranks no.1 :iconTU::iconTU:.

whynotme
05-27-2012, 04:38 PM

For the trade in "toto".......................................DR ranks no.1 :iconTU::iconTU:.

actually the dr is also far down that list as well

thailand
phillipines
colombia
brazil
are very far higher up the list than the dr:corky:

weyland
05-27-2012, 04:41 PM

thailand
phillipines
colombia
brazil
As ever, a poster here omits the largest and most lucrative sex market in the world.

whynotme
05-27-2012, 04:45 PM
As ever, a poster here omits the largest and most lucrative sex market in the world.

when they get fixated on one place and thats all they know then they think its like disney land and no where is bigger or better eh:corky:

DASBOOTY
05-28-2012, 03:14 PM

thailand
phillipines
colombia
brazil

Well, it is all in the eye of the beholder. DR is numero uno on my list.

I have no desire to go to the first 2 places on your list. The bottom 2 maybe some day.

MrHappy
05-28-2012, 04:28 PM

The United States????

whynotme
05-28-2012, 05:33 PM

I have no desire to go to the first 2 places on your list. The bottom 2 maybe some day.

thats awesome:iconTU:
less competition:corky::rofl:

and its not my list its a known factoid of worldsex.com
the dr is but a small pimple in the mongering world and sosua is just a festering boil:rolleyes::corky:

just kidding................. a little:iconTU:

i got my world wide mongering start there and loved it for a few years:iconTU:

whynotme
05-28-2012, 05:35 PM

The United States????

i think he was refering to asia where its always been the #1 mongering destination

TNT72
05-28-2012, 08:50 PM

thailand
phillipines
colombia
brazil

I'd love to hit the top two, but it is hard for me to justifiy to myself a two week trip....of course, that is when I am here in the states with my common sense with me!

I was talking with JEG tonight about the bottom two. While I love the look of the Colombian women, running around from whore house to whore house to find a chica for a while does not sound like vacation to me. Especially with no beach.

Brazil would be an ultimate vacation for me. But to pay for one Brazil vacation, that would cost me the price of 3 DR trips, I can't justify. I can't give up two more trips, just for one!

Jimmydr
05-28-2012, 08:55 PM
thats awesome:iconTU:
less competition:corky::rofl:

and its not my list its a known factoid of worldsex.com
the dr is but a small pimple in the mongering world and sosua is just a festering boil:rolleyes::corky:

just kidding................. a little:iconTU:

i got my world wide mongering start there and loved it for a few years:iconTU:

Less is better.:iconTU:

Jimmydr
05-28-2012, 08:56 PM

Stick with DR.:iconTU:

Jimmydr
05-28-2012, 08:57 PM

Dr is no where near #1 for that either.

DASBOOTY
05-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Stick with DR.:iconTU:

:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

weyland
06-03-2012, 11:12 AM
i think he was refering to asia where its always been the #1 mongering destination
This may surprise you but Thailand and the Philippines are actually in Asia.

I was referring to Russia.

whynotme
06-03-2012, 12:07 PM
This may surprise you but Thailand and the Philippines are actually in Asia.

I was referring to Russia.

thats why i said asia was #1 for mongering dollars.

the ussr may have been in the top 20 but russia being #1:confused::rofl::rofl::rofl:

well anything is possible.............i guess:corky:
someday i will get there and check it out:iconTU: