PDA

View Full Version : High Caribbean Disco for Sale :)

Apos
02-26-2007, 08:08 AM
http://www.dr1.com/realestate/property/P_1393.html

$750,000...who are they kidding?:eek::rolleyes::lol:

weyland
02-26-2007, 08:37 AM
Cometh the hour, cometh the man! Step forward, Thunderstar! Your fragmented life is about to come together as one meaningful whole. And keep the post of attendant in the ladies toilet open for me!

Jimmydr
02-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Of course its for sale.

Apos
02-26-2007, 08:53 AM
true but $750,000USD:rofl:
Of course its for sale.

Jimmydr
02-26-2007, 08:54 AM
I am buying it and turning it into a Church, for all you sinners to bring your evil whores to.

Apos
02-26-2007, 08:54 AM
it's already a disco, silly :D
I am buying it and turning it into a Church, for all you sinners to bring your evil whores to.

weyland
02-26-2007, 09:06 AM
... and cleanliness is next to godliness. Can I assist them with their personal hygiene?

Kevy
02-26-2007, 09:35 AM
You should start a thread of whatever isn't for sale in the DR. :rofl:

Jimmydr
02-26-2007, 10:13 AM
You should start a thread of whatever isn't for sale in the DR. :rofl:

Whats not for sale, The Beer Company, The Rum Company, The Airports, and The Printing Press for pesos.

Kevy
02-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Whats not for sale, The Beer Company, The Rum Company, The Airports, and The Printing Press for pesos.

I think they outsource their printing. I know they do for their coins.:lol:

Apos
02-26-2007, 10:31 AM
does the Canadian Mint do their coins?
I think they outsource their printing. I know they do for their coins.:lol:

Kevy
02-26-2007, 10:49 AM
does the Canadian Mint do their coins?

yep.......

weyland
02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
I think they outsource their printing.
The only decently paid job I ever had was working for a security printers, mainly banknotes, but also cheques, bonds, passports, etc. We had the contract for some Dominican banknote denominations. We experimented with printing them on plastic to give them greater durability against humidity and strong light. It all looked great through intensive quality tests in the UK, but when the first batch was being given their final tests in the DR before issue, it was found the special ink was irresistable to a certain species of insect. It smelled like insect pussy to them.

I lost the job soon after (not for that reason) so I don't know the outcome. Any of you old-time residents ever come across plastic banknotes there? If so, you can call them "Weylands", so I will be famous like Ben Franklin.

Gutter Meat
02-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Is the disco closed yet ?

RSMMAN
02-26-2007, 12:59 PM
The only decently paid job I ever had was working for a security printers, mainly banknotes, but also cheques, bonds, passports, etc. We had the contract for some Dominican banknote denominations. We experimented with printing them on plastic to give them greater durability against humidity and strong light. It all looked great through intensive quality tests in the UK, but when the first batch was being given their final tests in the DR before issue, it was found the special ink was irresistable to a certain species of insect. It smelled like insect pussy to them.

I lost the job soon after (not for that reason) so I don't know the outcome. Any of you old-time residents ever come across plastic banknotes there? If so, you can call them "Weylands", so I will be famous like Ben Franklin.

Is it here;http://www.banknotes.com/do.htm

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oGkja0IuNFZ8MAWpRXNyoA?p=DOMINICAN%20REPUBLIC%20BANKNOTES&ei=UTF-8&fr=ush1-mail&fr2=tab-web

PapiQueRico
02-26-2007, 02:15 PM

Not there but in Thailand. The plastic money was pretty cool.