PDA

View Full Version : 07/2012 - Rumba bar

SrSuerte
07-05-2012, 09:25 AM
I did a quick search and I did not find a thread specific to Rumba bar. This particular post is focused on pulling girls from there in the late afternoon and early evening timeframe. Also some of the benefits and situations that happen there.

I noticed a lot of girls work Rumba and they dont come out to any of the bars late at night. The early evening was the only time my little friend would work. one time she stayed with me from early evening to the next day.

One this is that hopefully you can get them when they arrive. They return to Rumba after they finish with each guy.

We walk through and say hello to the girls we know. Then we get a table and some drinks. Girls everywhere are looking to get picked up. We just called girls over to the table and went from there. Sometimes just a phone number and other times a quick trip to the room.

I will never let a bitch sit on ice again. I did not take a girl right away at another bar and she was with someone else 5 minutes later.

I got a lot of good pulls from this bar. The kinds of girls that are there changes depending on the day of the week.

Me getting a early session between 5 and 8pm was great. I could then eat, rest and change for the night. (put some shoes on and wash the sand off from the beach)

JD426
07-05-2012, 09:44 AM
IMO, Rumba has the best location on PC..
Its directly across from ElFlow, so even new talent has a full view of who is there and if its happening, they gonna walk across the street. Eventhough Flow is happening much later I think its a major factor.. Also as you make that right from Rosen you have to look to see what action is going on in there. U cant help but look.
As you said there is always talent in ther Early evening. Didnt mean to go on another tangent, but I believe this is why Rumba is & will continue to be a very good spot for us ... the 60 pesos drinks & food right here dont hurt either.. Bobby definitely had a plan and he is executing it flawlessly.
The future of places like Latinos/ whatever the new name is, is definitely in question if you compare them directly to Rumbas.

Sidney
07-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Rumba has an earned reputation that chicas will ask and receive more money. Many part-timers. They realize that men in Sosua for short time will pay more, sometimes much more!:mad: Also, the food staff will try to pad your bill.:mad:

el toro
07-05-2012, 10:54 AM
From my observations back in March, Rumba seemed to attract a nice variety of chicas. I see El Flow as the early place where the dick grabbing hardcore putas hang and Rumba as more like a typicall after work happy hour kind of spot.

There are plenty of chicas that seem really laid back like they just left a 9to5 to have drinks with their girls sometimes. Of course the hardcore ones do come to Rumba as well, but there are a few that hang at Rumba that you would never find in Classico or that side of the street late at night.

Rumba is a cool spot because you can get some numbers, enjoy some good conversation, or make a nice selection or two while it's light out enough to see what you're getting.

SrSuerte
07-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Rumba has an earned reputation that chicas will ask and receive more money. Many part-timers. They realize that men in Sosua for short time will pay more, sometimes much more!:mad: Also, the food staff will try to pad your bill.:mad:

I was thinking the oppisite as far as the amount, but as we say it depends on the person, level of spanish, and experience in dealing with the chicas. Me and the wingman got good pulls for average rates (1500).

Dont anyone do what I do. I pull chicas without discussing money. I talk money when they initialize the conversation. Some of them I test to see how long they will wait to ask for money. So dont ask until they are right outside my door or when they are being dropped off if I have a car.

I have had a few chics say falta 500 but I laugh and tell them that they received what is normal. Most of the girls I pull are passive or freaky from Rumba.

I like grabbing a bottle and making my own drinks. I might poor a drink for a girl as long as she does not ask. I only except that from a few girls that I have already been with.

Nakom
07-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Ever since the new mayor (bitch!) made El Flow and Rumba stop thier stereo music war, the customers in Rumba has quadrupuled. I used to avoid this place, and now I love it in the early evening.

el toro
07-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I was thinking the oppisite as far as the amount, but as we say it depends on the person, level of spanish, and experience in dealing with the chicas. Me and the wingman got good pulls for average rates (1500).

Dont anyone do what I do. I pull chicas without discussing money. I talk money when they initialize the conversation. Some of them I test to see how long they will wait to ask for money. So dont ask until they are right outside my door or when they are being dropped off if I have a car.

I have had a few chics say falta 500 but I laugh and tell them that they received what is normal. Most of the girls I pull are passive or freaky from Rumba.

I like grabbing a bottle and making my own drinks. I might poor a drink for a girl as long as she does not ask. I only except that from a few girls that I have already been with.

I've had some complete trips where every chica was new and I never discussed money. I gave them what I felt was right after the session or night and didn't have any issues and spent less on average. Then on the flip side, I've had trips where everything was clear and agreed upon upfront, didn't have any issues. Other times agreed upfront and had issues. Sometimes you just never know.

mrman78
07-05-2012, 01:45 PM
yea.....rumba is perfect for the late afternoon or early evening session....ive always found quality from that spot

Mr. Smooth
07-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Rumba is great. As was noted, the music being toned down has made it a better spot. I have seen some stunners hanging out there in the early to mid evenings, drinks are very reasonable, you can look at the scenery on the street in both directions and not get hammered in your wallet for drinks.

I'll probably be sitting there tomorrow night!

SrSuerte
07-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Rumba is great. As was noted, the music being toned down has made it a better spot. I have seen some stunners hanging out there in the early to mid evenings, drinks are very reasonable, you can look at the scenery on the street in both directions and not get hammered in your wallet for drinks.

I'll probably be sitting there tomorrow night!

The end of the week is when the weekend warrior hoes show up. There are girls that I did not see all week and then on friday and Saturday they were there in groups of 2 to 4.

Some girls are really not paying to go in to Classicos on the weekend. Some of them will just not go up at all. Has anyone else noticed this? I have had a girl tell me its no good upstairs.

The Sage
07-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Yes, I heard this from a couple of the regulars and in viewing the turnout in both places more girls seem to share the same opinion. The number one reason for this in my view is Clasicos is an expensive proposition. The entry fee of 200 pesos will take a bite out of their pocket even if they get a customer. Also there's the overhead cost of clothes and makeup. And don't forget the Politur threat. With Rumba there's no entry fee, no overhead, and Politur tends to leave the girls alone during the day. If a chIck turns only one ST she wins. Got to think getting home with money in your pocket by dark or just there after is good thing. Pretty conducive to maintaining respect at home while operating as an under cover hoe.

The end of the week is when the weekend warrior hoes show up. There are girls that I did not see all week and then on friday and Saturday they were there in groups of 2 to 4.

Some girls are really not paying to go in to Classicos on the weekend. Some of them will just not go up at all. Has anyone else noticed this? I have had a girl tell me its no good upstairs.

SrSuerte
07-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Yes, I heard this from a couple of the regulars and in viewing the turnout in both places more girls seem to share the same opinion. The number one reason for this in my view is Clasicos is an expensive proposition. The entry fee of 200 pesos will take a bite out of their pocket even if they get a customer. Also there's the overhead cost of clothes and makeup. And don't forget the Politur threat. With Rumba there's no entry fee, no overhead, and Politur tends to leave the girls alone during the day. If a chIck turns only one ST she wins. Got to think getting home with money in your pocket by dark or just there after is good thing. Pretty conducive to maintaining respect at home while operating as an under cover hoe.

Many of them will come in their shorts or pants with a tight t-shirt. That's ok with me.

drdreamer
07-05-2012, 09:47 PM

Probably the only time that I paid attention to my bill, the math was off by 600 pesos. I added it up, and the total was only 1000ish. The total that was written and circled was 1600ish. Not sure if it was just an error??

drdreamer
07-05-2012, 09:54 PM

That is what I paid most times as well.
I got one for 1200.
And I took Robert1564411133's EX Love "M" 3 times TLN for 2000. She nearly killed me. Fucking animal. PSE........:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

longhairdontcare
07-06-2012, 01:32 PM

All of my ST pulls were for 1500. With the first girl I pulled for ST from Rumba, we negotiated up front 2 hours and mucho freaky freaky, cause I take a long time - 1500. She says okay and off we go. We get done and everything was good until she trys to flip on me, asking for 3000. :rofl: She went back and forth for a while, and I held my ground. She ended up leaving with 1500 as we agreed. I get back to Rumba, and there she is!

SrSuerte
07-06-2012, 01:49 PM
All of my ST pulls were for 1500. With the first girl I pulled for ST from Rumba, we negotiated up front 2 hours and mucho freaky freaky, cause I take a long time - 1500. She says okay and off we go. We get done and everything was good until she trys to flip on me, asking for 3000. :rofl: She went back and forth for a while, and I held my ground. She ended up leaving with 1500 as we agreed. I get back to Rumba, and there she is!

She was a cute little flaca. You were just about to fuck her friend a week later. Did you get her picture? I could just ask you this in person.... :rofl:

sporthobbyist
07-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Mabel. right??

and that is DrDreamers hand as usual!!!!:rofl:50603

givengo440
07-10-2012, 05:49 PM
I know the owner of Rumba he is a Westchester guy like myself and his family is actually big in to basketball and charitable work. Anytime I've been there it;s been cool. Passport Playa and I sat there on the last trip for some hours and staff as well as the chicas was a good look. The chicas use it as one of their set up and recover locations but I also saw many just drinking and chilling as well. The wings are good and the Presidentes always cold. I have nothing but good things to say about this place.

longhairdontcare
07-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Mabel. right??

and that is DrDreamers hand as usual!!!!:rofl:50603

You already know, we discussed this a few times. I almost want to see the video... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

SrSuerte
07-10-2012, 06:11 PM
You already know, we discussed this a few times. I almost want to see the video... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's the one from the video. Looks are deceiving. She looks so innocent. I never talked to her to get a feel for what she is like past what she looks like. DrD can make a freak out of any girl.

sporthobbyist
07-10-2012, 06:32 PM

The double team is now on DVD! Netflicks!!!:rofl:

But I have other vids of her.LOL

sporthobbyist
07-10-2012, 06:42 PM
This is a pic from the other vid.:rofl:

That is mabel, pre smoking, pre drinking, pre drugs, pre tatoos, pre upseller.

The Sage
07-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Great room for video. My place is so dark that I don't even try. When I shoot I want enough light to see all the details. Just curious, I've mostly shot video with favoritas. How open is the average Sosua worker to ful action recording?

This is a pic from the other vid.:rofl:

That is mabel, pre smoking, pre drinking, pre drugs, pre tatoos, pre upseller.

sporthobbyist
07-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Great room for video. My place is so dark that I don't even try. When I shoot I want enough light to see all the details. Just curious, I've mostly shot video with favoritas. How open is the average Sosua worker to ful action recording?

not that easy

drdreamer
07-10-2012, 10:47 PM
That's the one from the video. Looks are deceiving. She looks so innocent. I never talked to her to get a feel for what she is like past what she looks like. DrD can make a freak out of any girl.

Is that a compliment?.....:corky::corky::corky:

El-Rey
07-11-2012, 12:15 PM
VP hangs out at Rumba (usually) from 11am to 10pm. Dashing and smashing or milling and chilling...

Its not for everybody but you can't beat the view.

Nuff said.

The Sage
07-11-2012, 12:21 PM
I call it vulturing. I could sit there and find suculent victims all day if I had that level of energy. At times it's overwhelming.

VP hangs out at Rumba (usually) from 11am to 10pm. Dashing and smashing or milling and chilling...

Its not for everybody but you can't beat the view.

Nuff said.

Sidney
07-11-2012, 06:41 PM
I call it vulturing. I could sit there and find suculent victims all day if I had that level of energy. At times it's overwhelming.

Some would call it LURKING !:rofl:

steviewonder
07-13-2012, 04:04 PM
VIP Sky Top Lounge overlooking PC:wink:

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php (http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php)

theheights718
07-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Always wondered why they dont have female waitresses bringing drinks to the table...maybe the chicas would haggle them or something. Just think it would boost more business since its a "guys" town.

steviewonder
07-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Always wondered why they dont have female waitresses bringing drinks to the table...maybe the chicas would haggle them or something. Just think it would boost more business since its a "guys" town.

Bobby wouldn't get more business by having chicas serving drinks. Business for him will increase only if there's more guys visiting Sosua:wink:

SrSuerte
07-14-2012, 02:32 AM

I would like to see some female waitresses. Getting some girls in addition to the guys would be a nice site. Epecially if they wear some shorts. One of the Ladies does help on the floor. I did not talk to her enough this trip. I met her a few years ago in a Salon getting a pedicure, and then later in her fathers office.

Bobby wouldn't get more business by having chicas serving drinks. Business for him will increase only if there's more guys visiting Sosua:wink:

It was pretty slow when I was in town. Not a lot of guys in town. It was so slow that the place that I was staying in was offering rooms at half price.

When I went to Rumba. It was a full house on the weekend. During the week it was not. The service was very slow during this period. I started to get up and go to the bar myself. Either there is not enough of waiters or they need some better ones. The guys are not bad, but not easy to catch. I will not blame it on DR bad service. I have seen it like that in the US.

SrSuerte
07-14-2012, 02:39 AM
I dont know how long it is going to take but I believe Classicos is going to start taking a loss. Rumba seems to be one reason for this.

JD426
07-14-2012, 08:01 AM
I dont know how long it is going to take but I believe Classicos is going to start taking a loss. Rumba seems to be one reason for this.
That was his plan from the beginning if you talked with him back when they first opened. The motorcycle dude who looks a Lot like Jerry Garcia, cant recall his name at the moment but his brother owned owned Muri mai I think, They would sit at a table out front and chat for hours and just WATCH the flow of mongers, and get the feel.. thats American Business smarts. Merengue already took a hit,.. Not many are in Merengue early evenings any more, are they ?

SrSuerte
07-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Merengue already took a hit,.. Not many are in Merengue early evenings any more, are they ?

Nobody is there. I was friendly with one of the waitresses over in Merenge for awhile. I would be over in Rumba where it was packed and go speak to her for awhile. Then I would head back to Rumba.

All the girls dont make their way up the street when the officers of the law are stanging around. It is funny to see the girls watch out so that they dont get snatched up.

By standing a little past El Cutivo and Bar Central, they are helping all of the other bars keep some customers.

The owner of Classicos is getting a little of his pie taken from him.

That almost makes me want to start another conversation about what would be the effects of Pedro Clisente if Classicos becomes to expensive to stay open. What if they closed? I dont know shit about who is who, so all I can do is talk.

theheights718
07-14-2012, 09:26 AM
To replace Classicos, you would need a place to dance/nightclub feel as I come across alot of people that actually like to party with the chicas too. If they build that new rooftop of Rumba with a real dance floor... then Classicos would definitely take a hit.

Jimmydr
07-14-2012, 09:29 AM
To replace Classicos, you would need a place to dance/nightclub feel as I come across alot of people that actually like to party with the chicas too. If they build that new rooftop of Rumba with a real dance floor... then Classicos would definitely take a hit.

Classico's replaced about 5 or 6 places that were there before them.

sopranostingray
07-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Classico's still has over 200 empty cases of beer waiting for pick up each week. At 100 pesos a beer do the math. Most girls migrate from Rumba to Classico's by 11pm and Rumba dies off. I wouldn't under estimate Armando (owner of classico's) and his ability to get his piece of the action back if any is taken away. He's a very smart businessman.

MrHappy
07-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Classico's still has over 200 empty cases of beer waiting for pick up each week. At 100 pesos a beer do the math. Most girls migrate from Rumba to Classico's by 11pm and Rumba dies off. I wouldn't under estimate Armando (owner of classico's) and his ability to get his piece of the action back if any is taken away. He's a very smart businessman.

The tale of the tape. That says it all. Who cares where the people are, as long as you're doing volume sales.

TNT72
07-14-2012, 02:01 PM
I completely agree with the male waiters.

Take Winners Circle. The girls there know their real money is the gringo that they are going to fuck at the end of the night. So they are working one or two guys they think will take them, leaving it hard for other guys to get her attention to get a drink (yes Robert, I'm agreeing with you).

Where a male waiter knows that his money is made getting and moving drink sales. The more drinks he brings, the bigger his tip. He's not going to be hanging at one table for 5 or 10 minutes or more, trying to get a gringo to agree to take him after work.

SrSuerte
07-14-2012, 02:20 PM

The tale of the tape. That says it all. Who cares where the people are, as long as you're doing volume sales.

Let's wait and see. I dont know how many cases of beer Rumba is selling each week. I know they are open the same time as Merenge and open as late as Classicos. Maybe even a little later. 15 to 30 minutes longer during June.

Some girls say dont go upstairs monday to wednesday. That was just during my period of vacation. It might be different during other parts of the year.

Im going with Jimmy on this one. The scene has changed before and can change again. All Armando can do is lower is prices.

A club with lower prices, elbow room and better Air condition will draw customers.

I hope to see that upstairs in Rumba.

SrSuerte
07-22-2012, 07:15 AM
I first want to set the stage. Some people say hold the line with 1000 daytime no higher than 1500 ST. For night time 1500 to ?? it varies from 2000 to 2500, "unless its fuck it I am going to have fun". Some hold strong to the lower end.

Ok with having siad that. Does Rumba bar change any of that? How you might ask.

Why not find a TLN at an earlier time with a girl you know? Like late afternoon?

What would be your pricing scale be for keeping a girl from 4pm to the next morning or near noon time?

I am talking about fucking once or twice early, A night of Classicos or After One, a session after getting back to the room and and session in the morning.

My answer to what I would do is maybe not keeping a girl that long. Change up and get a new girl for the second half of the night. One time I took a ST at night and set an appointment for 11am. Believe it or not she was 30 early. I saw her walking around. She was at the internet cafe up the block from my Hotel, when I saw her so we just started early.

She is not in my report even though she definatly on my list of girls that I like. We sessioned on two different Occasions. She was the chick that stays in Hispanola. If I see her on this trip I will get a picture. She is one of them that hangs with the chics that dress like dudes.

But would you see negociate 3000 to 3500 for 4pm to the next day with a girl you know?

WSJ3
07-22-2012, 07:44 AM
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh570/LOKIWSJ3/8fa95f9edd86.gif

sr suerte I would pay a billion dollars if it meant I was going to have the time of my life.

Do what feels right for you. I have paid a chica as little as 500 pesos and had a great time and I have paid 7000 pesos and I would have preferred to be raped by bubba in a prison like OZ than to be with that chica again.

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy111/spartacuswsj3/DSC04624.jpg

Its your vacation DISFRUTA todo...

But to answer your negotiation questions would I pay those prices if I thought I would have a fantastic splash get my pics and video????

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh570/LOKIWSJ3/tumblr_m4g073JEfa1r5jtugo1_400.gif

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh570/LOKIWSJ3/tumblr_m5cx60X8Pq1royzou.gif

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy111/spartacuswsj3/CUSTOM_ROCK-OUT.jpg

BABY GODZILLA APPROVES THIS THREAD
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy111/spartacuswsj3/DSC04053.jpg

I first want to set the stage. Some people say hold the line with 1000 daytime no higher than 1500 ST. For night time 1500 to ?? it varies from 2000 to 2500, "unless its fuck it I am going to have fun". Some hold strong to the lower end.

Ok with having siad that. Does Rumba bar change any of that? How you might ask.

Why not find a TLN at an earlier time with a girl you know? Like late afternoon?

What would be your pricing scale be for keeping a girl from 4pm to the next morning or near noon time?

I am talking about fucking once or twice early, A night of Classicos or After One, a session after getting back to the room and and session in the morning.

My answer to what I would do is maybe not keeping a girl that long. Change up and get a new girl for the second half of the night. One time I took a ST at night and set an appointment for 11am. Believe it or not she was 30 early. I saw her walking around. She was at the internet cafe up the block from my Hotel, when I saw her so we just started early.

She is not in my report even though she definatly on my list of girls that I like. We sessioned on two different Occasions. She was the chick that stays in Hispanola. If I see her on this trip I will get a picture. She is one of them that hangs with the chics that dress like dudes.

But would you see negociate 3000 to 3500 for 4pm to the next day with a girl you know?

El-Rey
07-22-2012, 08:52 AM
My Price is $1k for ST and TLN.. Yet I would pay more if I knew I would have a good time. I actually always give a little more. I just stick to my guns at un mil cuz I know I can.

blackcloud33066
07-22-2012, 03:27 PM

I go to sosua every 6-8 weeks & my experience at the Rumba is that it is a well run, & they have NEVER padded my bill. The service is excellent. The prices are fair if not cheap. As far as the girls asking for more money, they all ask for more money it is up to you to negociate. You can always say no & choose from the other hundred plus girls within 50 yards from where you are sitting.

SrSuerte
07-22-2012, 03:31 PM
I go to sosua every 6-8 weeks & my experience at the Rumba is that it is a well run, & they have NEVER padded my bill. The service is excellent. The prices are fair if not cheap. As far as the girls asking for more money, they all ask for more money it is up to you to negociate. You can always say no & choose from the other hundred plus girls within 50 yards from where you are sitting.

Nice first post. I love Rumba.

Jimmydr
07-22-2012, 07:39 PM

First post in your ISOC career. Interesting.

eldorob
07-22-2012, 08:33 PM
At least he's not suggesting a contest...

Mr. Smooth
07-22-2012, 11:58 PM
At least he's not suggesting a contest...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:..........Uh........yeah.

Speaking of...did Potatohead get mashed outta here?

El-Rey
07-23-2012, 04:32 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:..........Uh........yeah.

Speaking of...did Potatohead get mashed outta here?

He might be in the SU now having that Contest of his. :rofl:

El-Rey
07-23-2012, 04:34 AM

Nice.. Yet 50yards is pretty far. Lets say 20 feet?

sporthobbyist
07-23-2012, 05:31 AM

Presidentes are 150 in Classico.
and they are usually sold out of Lights by 12-1am every night. Not just weekends

If you see the size of the daily presidente delivery, I doubt Armando gives a shit about Rhumba

and if he did feel he was losing market share, I am sure he would handle it gangland style. Rumored to have happened before.:rolleyes:

Dvdmdz
07-23-2012, 06:58 AM

Yes, Rumba is diffinitely a nice spot/experience. Service is pretty good , sexy bartenders, chicas everywhere and good music. You can start or even finish your evening at rumbas picking up a chick.
There have been times that I go there before classicos and there have been times that I go after the beach in swim suit and sandals and party till 2 am after hooking up with a crew of chicas....:iconTU:
Last month they showed the Miami Heat Game and Manny Pacquiao Fight back to back...:iconTU::iconTU: Pretty Good Night.

Sidney
07-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Rumba is charging sin pesos for cerveza, pequeno, in front of their ''stale'' food display. Possibly a staff rip-:mad:off.

j_d66
07-23-2012, 10:27 AM
I for one take the idea of patronizing several bars. El flow is my current favorite to hang out and listen to local music and Rhumba is fun to as there are so many pretty chicas and the vibe is fun at that bar. I also enjoyed Merengue, Attitudes and a few others that I am not remembering at the moment. Classicos is ok and a fun place to go dancing but I don't feel like I need it for chica pulling and realize that it might require a little bigger investment there but not every single pull has to be elcheapo.

Lots of bars helps us all as competition helps to keep drink prices low, cover charges mostly non existent and it spreads out the chicas or lets us escape the drama chica.

Mr. Smooth
07-23-2012, 02:12 PM
On my last trip, for the first time ever, I spent the vast majority of my time on the strip across the street. Most of that time was spent in Rumba. It became my favorite spot. And, it has morphed into a sub-station of the Haitian Embassy (Bar Central) as many Haitianas sit along the rail or at a table overlooking the sidewalk. I'm not sure if many of them even venture over to other places later on. Quite a few just seemed to be satisfied with hanging out there in the early evening.

When I would walk across the street and have a drink at Central, there was already close to a full house of Haitianas there, waiting to be taken away for an hour or a night. I thought the selection of Haitianas rivaled that of the Dominicanas, and in my mind, they even appeared to outnumber them much of the time.

But, for overall satisfaction with drink pricing, service, chica availability, ambiance, music, etc.....Rumba has become my go to spot. I couldn't beleive it until I was leaving but on this last trip, I didn't even take a seat at Merengue one time. Not much going on there after the weekend was over.

Count
07-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Great info which I intend to employ in my trip (Aug 31 - Sept 15).

Hatianas are my faves....I'll even take Robert1234's left-overs but I prefer new arrivals.

Mr. Smooth
07-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Great info which I intend to employ in my trip (Aug 31 - Sept 15).

Hatianas are my faves....I'll even take Robert1234's left-overs but I prefer new arrivals.

Count, I really am looking forward to meeting you then. Probably see you in Rockys more than once since you will be across the street and I'll be about a 7-10 minute walk away. Hope we can grab a sidewalk table at Rumba's in the early evening sometime and watch the parade walk by.

Count
07-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Count, I really am looking forward to meeting you then. Probably see you in Rockys more than once since you will be across the street and I'll be about a 7-10 minute walk away. Hope we can grab a sidewalk table at Rumba's in the early evening sometime and watch the parade walk by.

Let's do that, Mr. Smooth. I would love to. Great handle by the way!

SrSuerte
07-25-2012, 01:05 PM
I like going to Rumba for the girls. What does everyone think about the food? Unless I was trying someones food, I would not give them a third chance. They cooks had a nice chicken stand when they were down by Hotel Europa some years back. I dont know what has happened. The chicken was super dry. We even added sauce, but it did not help.

JD426
07-25-2012, 02:43 PM
I like going to Rumba for the girls. What does everyone think about the food? Unless I was trying someones food, I would not give them a third chance. They cooks had a nice chicken stand when they were down by Hotel Europa some years back. I dont know what has happened. The chicken was super dry. We even added sauce, but it did not help.
I was very disappointed with the chicken at Rumbas food stand as well... I like Bobby and all, but that chicken just sucked, 2nd time in a row for me as well . Ive had burgers there that were literally so big I could barely eat them, dont recall the name of them ,but they were pretty good ,by Dominican standards, way too much salt of course.
.. But if its late and night on the strip, what you gonna do..
I wish that deep fried mystery meat food cart kid would come back , he was last on the sidestreet there but i think they kicked him out of there too.. have not seen the sandwich guy in ages.

theheights718
08-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Definitely reminds me of basic bar food. Nothing special and small portions. Its a great lil snack but if you are looking for a meal...surely go elsewhere.

SrSuerte
08-09-2012, 05:02 PM
I just noticed today. She worked at Passions and now she.....

http://passions-sosua.com/Passions/Models_files/Media/293474_2414851246845_1118241589_32783098_883865970_n/293474_2414851246845_1118241589_32783098_883865970_n.jpg?disposition=download

MrHappy
08-09-2012, 05:05 PM

Click to see pic (http://passions-sosua.com/Passions/Models_files/Media/293474_2414851246845_1118241589_32783098_883865970_n/293474_2414851246845_1118241589_32783098_883865970_n.jpg?disposition=download)

What a doll. She'd be perfect if she didn't have that beer/baby belly.

SrSuerte
08-09-2012, 05:10 PM
She does not have it anymore. She looks very slim and now she is a bartender in Rumba. Very sexy. Please dont run through her too bad before I return......

BrooklynBeas
08-09-2012, 05:53 PM
I was very disappointed with the chicken at Rumbas food stand as well... I like Bobby and all, but that chicken just sucked, 2nd time in a row for me as well . Ive had burgers there that were literally so big I could barely eat them, dont recall the name of them ,but they were pretty good ,by Dominican standards, way too much salt of course.
I wish that deep fried mystery meat food cart kid would come back , he was last on the sidestreet there but i think they kicked him out of there too.. have not seen the sandwich guy in ages.

Guys, trust me on this one... For late night, cheap, good food, you have to go to the stand on the main road... If you are coming from Rockies to Pedro Clisante, keep it moving up that side street, go all the way to the main road to the gas station/Pharmacy, cross the street of the main road and you will see a small food cart (they have a light on the cart that will shine as you walk up the block)... The food is good, the soup is great, and its cheap! You can eat behind this stand (which I dont recommend if you are alone, cause you never know) but I have sat down there and enjoyed my food or soup a few times with no problems... This is where the chicas go when they are hungry and dont have a monger to buy them food... They even have to-go bowl/containers for the soup... When I was there I had a nice soup and side of white rice to spoon up with my soup for about 110 pesos..

TNT72
08-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Guys, trust me on this one... For late night, cheap, good food, you have to go to the stand on the main road... If you are coming from Rockies to Pedro Clisante, keep it moving up that side street, go all the way to the main road to the gas station/Pharmacy, cross the street of the main road and you will see a small food cart (they have a light on the cart that will shine as you walk up the block)... The food is good, the soup is great, and its cheap! You can eat behind this stand (which I dont recommend if you are alone, cause you never know) but I have sat down there and enjoyed my food or soup a few times with no problems... This is where the chicas go when they are hungry and dont have a monger to buy them food... They even have to-go bowl/containers for the soup... When I was there I had a nice soup and side of white rice to spoon up with my soup for about 110 pesos..

I prefer the 50 peso sandwich shop. Walk up the hill from Rocky's and it's on the left hand side before the light. Huge sandwichs that taste great (as far as my drunk ass can remember!:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

deezl
08-09-2012, 06:00 PM

good call. I was with a (hungry) chica at Rumba and I thought we could just grab a bite there, but she took one look at the food at the grill, shook her head "no" and walked us over to the food stand you're talking about. Half a chicken with a couple drinks cost less than 200 pesos and the chicken was tasty.

j_d66
08-09-2012, 06:04 PM
I prefer the 50 peso sandwich shop. Walk up the hill from Rocky's and it's on the left hand side before the light. Huge sandwichs that taste great (as far as my drunk ass can remember!:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Is that place up the hill towards DR Anjeo Martinez like right on the round corner on the left side of Dr Rosen or is it the other way across Pedro Clisante before you get to the main road?

I heard about this place from Elmudo but wasn't exactly sure where it was. Heard the sandwiches were real good.

BrooklynBeas
08-09-2012, 06:10 PM
good call. I was with a (hungry) chica at Rumba and I thought we could just grab a bite there, but she took one look at the food at the grill, shook her head "no" and walked us over to the food stand you're talking about. Half a chicken with a couple drinks cost less than 200 pesos and the chicken was tasty.

You know it's good when the Dominicans eat there... Of course being that its off the "beaten path", even though its a block from the action, you wont see any mongers there, but I made it my regular spot a few times last trip... I mostly had the soup and rice there but tasted their fried chicken and pork chops and both were good! and CHEAP!

TNT72
08-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Is that place up the hill towards DR Anjeo Martinez like right on the round corner on the left side of Dr Rosen or is it the other way across Pedro Clisante before you get to the main road?

I heard about this place from Elmudo but wasn't exactly sure where it was. Heard the sandwiches were real good.

HUH????

Make a left out of Rocky's. Walk up the hill. Before you get to the main road and the light, two or three stores before the light, on the left hand side is the place.

dmoney
08-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Click to see pic (http://passions-sosua.com/Passions/Models_files/Media/293474_2414851246845_1118241589_32783098_883865970_n/293474_2414851246845_1118241589_32783098_883865970_n.jpg?disposition=download)

this girl:mad::mad::mad: . Back in january LJDMV wanted to try her out. she tells us that she is on her "period" and can only suck. i tell her to forget it that its not worth it. 10 minutes later some dudes walks in and one of the guys starts to talk to her and within 5 minutes he is taking her out TLN (this was around 6pm).

i talk to the one young dominican guy (speaks pretty good english) that works there and he trys to tell me that she is on her period. So i ask him, what guy do you know would take out a girl that is on her period for an overnight stay?? he wouldn't answer me.

I have seen this guy around during my trip and from the way he was talking when he was his friends he is not the type to take a girl out for a bj and "just to hang out."

fraudulent ass people. the more i go to passions the more i dislike the place.

She does a hell of a dance though with that oil or whatever.

MrHappy
08-09-2012, 06:33 PM
this girl:mad::mad::mad: . Back in january LJDMV wanted to try her out. she tells us that she is on her "period" and can only suck. i tell her to forget it that its not worth it. 10 minutes later some dudes walks in and one of the guys starts to talk to her and within 5 minutes he is taking her out TLN (this was around 6pm).

A couple of observations:

1.Maybe she wasn't really on her period, but was saying that because she didn't want to go with you.

2. Have you ever had sex with a girl on her period? I have. More times than I care to remember.

3. Maybe the guy was content to just receive a BJ. Or maybe he just wanted her to hang out with him. All types in this world.

dmoney
08-09-2012, 06:41 PM
A couple of observations:

1.Maybe she wasn't really on her period, but was saying that because she didn't want to go with you.

2. Have you ever had sex with a girl on her period? I have. More times than I care to remember.

3. Maybe the guy was content to just receive a BJ. Or maybe he just wanted her to hang out with him. All types in this world.

this is true. i think it might number one. LJ wanted to see what she was all about. we spoke to a few other girls the day before and asked if they did anal. i think when i tried to find out about her the next day she must of talked to the other girls and the must of told her.

i do give LJ credit though he told me after she said the period thing that he did not want her anymore because she would not smile at all . I guess he dodged a bullet.

i am curious to know what prices she charges now outside of passions.

TNT72
08-09-2012, 06:42 PM

i talk to the one young dominican guy (speaks pretty good english) that works there and he trys to tell me that she is on her period. So i ask him, what guy do you know would take out a girl that is on her period for an overnight stay?? he wouldn't answer me.

I have seen this guy around during my trip and from the way he was talking when he was his friends he is not the type to take a girl out for a bj and "just to hang out."

fraudulent ass people. the more i go to passions the more i dislike the place.

She does a hell of a dance though with that oil or whatever.

That's just one of the games. One of her favorites was in town. It's great when the game works for you. Guess it sucks when it doesn't.

Lorena use to say some shit to guys to put them off until I got there to salida her.

Yera did it for DaveMaryland when he was in town.

dmoney
08-09-2012, 06:44 PM

thanks i will check this place out. i am trying to find it now on that sosua google map

do you walk past don antonios?

deezl
08-09-2012, 06:51 PM
thanks i will check this place out. i am trying to find it now on that sosua google map

If you're walking up the middle of Dr. Rosen towards the main road, it's directly in front of you - if you cross the main road you'll walk right into the place, you can't miss it.

j_d66
08-10-2012, 01:19 AM
HUH????

Make a left out of Rocky's. Walk up the hill. Before you get to the main road and the light, two or three stores before the light, on the left hand side is the place.

In know i get confused on directions sometimes.
I am pretty sure I know where it is now.
Will check it out next time I am there

tgunz
08-10-2012, 08:35 AM

The deep fried mystery meet guy was there the week you made this post, I ate thew twice. It's up the block from the winner circle just before the highway. I ate a meet n chicken combo. Mmmmmmmm good!

El-Rey
08-10-2012, 10:44 AM
No one eats at the sandwich shop up the block from Rumba?? 50 peso sandwiches. I believe Balcoach calls it taco bell.

el toro
08-10-2012, 11:16 AM
No one eats at the sandwich shop up the block from Rumba?? 50 peso sandwiches. I believe Balcoach calls it taco bell.

I'm trying to think of this place.

VP, when are you going to start drinking Dominican liquor? Or did you use to? I'm gonna insist on you have a Barcelo or Brugal with me next time we run into eachother.

Robocock
08-10-2012, 01:45 PM

Isn't that the place TNT was referring to? I could live off the tacos alone. :iconTU:

Irie
08-12-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure what place is being referred to, but I had my first late night/ early morning experience at a place right around the corner last trip. It was easily 4am and had quite a few locals getting off of work eating there.

Make a right out of rumba and another right on Rosen (head towards the highway). It's about the second to last store on the left before the highway (across from the metro station).

I walked away with two great sandwiches for no more than 150 pesos iirc. It's on the list for next visit(s). :iconTU:

Robocock
08-17-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure what place is being referred to, but I had my first late night/ early morning experience at a place right around the corner last trip. It was easily 4am and had quite a few locals getting off of work eating there. Make a right out of rumba and another right on Rosen (head towards the highway). It's about the second to last store on the left before the highway (across from the metro station). I walked away with two great sandwiches for no more than 150 pesos iirc. It's on the list for next visit(s). :iconTU:

Yes we're all referring to the same place. They also have huge burritos for 100 pesos. :iconTU: