2 eggs
potatos
3 slices of bacon
2 slices of toast
a healthy serving of two different fruits
glass of OJ
coffee

Served all day.

125 pesos. They can't be making much but are probably trying to build business and the price will go up in the not to distant future.

ezsmile
07-12-2012, 08:50 PM
so you can eat safely again

Seville
07-12-2012, 08:55 PM
so you can eat safely again

Not quite out of the woods yet.:(

Count
07-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Glad to hear you're even thinking of food.

WickedWillie
07-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Good to know, and don't forget the roast chicken, rice and beans, salad for 125 pesos. Best meal/value in town.

Seville
07-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Good to know, and don't forget the roast chicken, rice and beans, salad for 125 pesos. Best meal/value in town.

Yes it is. I only eat twice a day so for 250 pesos I can have breakfast and dinner without ever cooking a meal. Until I get tired of beans and rice that is.:rofl:

longhairdontcare
07-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Yes it is. I only eat twice a day so for 250 pesos I can have breakfast and dinner without ever cooking a meal. Until I get tired of beans and rice that is.:rofl:

Thanks for turning us on to that, it was good!

Seville
07-12-2012, 09:26 PM

hey Wicked Willie. I have been wanting to try PJ's again. Friday from 6 - 8 PM they have a 2 for 1 deal on their menu (except specials). I know that is a little early for you but do you want to be my date?:lol:

WickedWillie
07-12-2012, 09:36 PM
hey Wicked Willie. I have been wanting to try PJ's again. Friday from 6 - 8 PM they have a 2 for 1 deal on their menu (except specials). I know that is a little early for you but do you want to be my date?:lol:

Based on our current mutual condition I'll say yes with the proviso we get a table near the crapper.:rofl:

Seville
07-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Based on our current mutual condition I'll say yes with the proviso we get a table near the crapper.:rofl:

See you there at 7:30 and keep your hands to yourself.:wink:

WickedWillie
07-12-2012, 10:10 PM
See you there at 7:30 and keep your hands to yourself.:wink:

Knowing your tolerance level will you drive off if I'm 5 minutes late?
Will you pick me up from the bomba?
Can I order camarones?
I usually fuck on the first date, is this a problem?

jcrew2020
07-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Does La Roca add 26% to the bill? I used to really enjoy their food. They had a special menu for locals and the prices were really good.

Seville
07-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Knowing your tolerance level will you drive off if I'm 5 minutes late?
Will you pick me up from the bomba?
Can I order camarones?
I usually fuck on the first date, is this a problem?

To see your beautiful locks I will wait 10 minutes.
If you pay for the beverages.
No, unless you are coming from Higuey.
It is not a problem unless you expect to fuck me.

sporthobbyist
07-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Robert that 125 dominican dinner is the best deal in Sosua.

My new thing is I get one of those and chicken quesadilla(which ironically cost more then the dinner!)
But i am stuffed and the food is great

I never tried the beef yet, but I will this time around.

and whats the deal? Stomach issues? is it ongoing? if so. and you tried cipro already, I can bring you some Metrondiazol.
Let me know. i will be in country on the 30th

JD426
07-13-2012, 10:19 AM
I just need to know , does Robert consider this a better deal than a 300 peso "Car Date" ?

but seriously,. this sounds good for guys who are staying LONGER and want to budget out their money.. If you stay a couple weeks, this can add up in savings real fast.. Some of us have squandered thousands of pesos a day on food, easily. My personal record is 2500 Pesos for MYSELF only, ONE LUNCH MEAL. at Andres on the beach..
.. Its fun to eat well, but we dont need to eat large every day.

Is it the same management ?? or new owners ? I know they renovated..

WickedWillie
07-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Does La Roca add 26% to the bill? I used to really enjoy their food. They had a special menu for locals and the prices were really good.

As of now there is no tax added to the bill.

New Dominican management, dunno if they own it or are leasing.

WickedWillie
07-13-2012, 10:29 AM
To see your beautiful locks I will wait 10 minutes.
If you pay for the beverages.
No, unless you are coming from Higuey.
It is not a problem unless you expect to fuck me.

Did you really just say that?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

TNT72
07-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Did you really just say that?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fuck you both!!:rolleyes:

Goober17
07-13-2012, 11:14 AM

it's the same owner (William) ... don't know if mgr.is same, but the guy managing it now has worked for Wm for many years.....

balcoach
07-13-2012, 04:46 PM
La Roca...

The "specials" are a quality choice for breakfast and lunch/dinner while in Sosua. Its definitely on my list. At many places in Robert's whore village, the prices are rising significantly.

I enjoy sitting on their patio, enjoying the breeze and watching the activity there at the beach entrance and without a doubt you can't beat the quality of food and the customer service, offered thus far, for the price. Question is will they be able to maintain the quality of product and service, that's the true test of time in Sosua.

All taxes are included, so the bill is 125, not 125 plus the 26%.

Sidney
07-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Had breakfast at La Roca today.

2 eggs
potatos
3 slices of bacon
2 slices of toast
glass of OJ
coffee

Served all day.

125 pesos. They can't be making much but are probably trying to build business and the price will go up in the not to distant future.
What gratitude or stupidity? Promoting competing temporary prices at an often failed restaurant, after Rick/Rocky's has done so much for ISOC members and provides a great meeting spot.

Seville
07-14-2012, 06:44 PM

La Roca...

The "specials" are a quality choice for breakfast and lunch/dinner while in Sosua. Its definitely on my list. At many places in Robert's whore village, the prices are rising significantly.

I enjoy sitting on their patio, enjoying the breeze and watching the activity there at the beach entrance and without a doubt you can't beat the quality of food and the customer service, offered thus far, for the price. Question is will they be able to maintain the quality of product and service, that's the true test of time in Sosua.

All taxes are included, so the bill is 125, not 125 plus the 26%.

What gratitude or stupidity? Promoting competing temporary prices at an often failed restaurant, after Rick/Rocky's has done so much for ISOC members and provides a great meeting spot.

Not quite certain why you would call WickedWillie, Balcoach and myself stupid for posting about Sosua restaruants in the Sosua restaurants forum. I was under the impression this board was about sharing useful information with other members. I don't take offense because I just consider the source but WickedWillie and Balcoach might not take too kindly to be called stupid.

By the way....didn't I see you eating in PJs restaurant last night? Is that how YOU repay Rick's support for ISOC.....I mean since your so big on the topic I figured you would be eating all your meals at Rockys.

weyland
07-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Bloody old fool ought to be in a retirement home.

gmalet
07-15-2012, 06:35 AM
$3.28 US for Breakfast, not bad.

However 250 peso a day food budget? Now with that said if I lived in the DR, I would go grocery shopping like I do here and eat at home.

SrSuerte
07-15-2012, 08:32 AM
I would have been there almost everyday. Bfast is my fave meal.

Dafishguy
07-15-2012, 08:52 AM

It's OK Sidney, Rocky's still serves a ton of breakfasts everyday of the year. We have been in business 15 years and with me now 3 1/2 years and have been opened for business each and every one of those days. Nothing has changed here in all that time except for the better. For the record, Sidney spends a lot of pesos a month at Rocky's and really enjoys my food. I too eat at other restaurants here on the island from time to time. You may see me in Orchadee, Cafe Cubano, Brittania, Balogna, etc.

Had breakfast at La Roca today.

2 eggs
potatos
3 slices of bacon
2 slices of toast
glass of OJ
coffee

Served all day.

Rocky's number 38 (out of 50 different choices)

2 farm fresh eggs
Rocky's famous home fried potatos with our secret spice
3 slices of premium bacon
2 slices of Whole Wheat toast, (White available upon request) (Extra butter for you Robert or for anyone else who wants it)
Our famous pineapple marmalade
Coffee
Salt, pepper, knife, fork, plate, napkins, camaraderie
Help with sticky situations

All for 170 pesos. (We also DO NOT charge taxes so it is 170 pesos.)

I can tell you that with all the quality ingredients that we use, we are not making much money at 170 peos and if La Roca is using the same quality ingredients I can tell you for sure that this is a lost leader for them and they will not be able to sustain it. If and only if their ingredients are not up to Rocky's standard would they be able to maintain this pricing for long.

We pride ourselves on serving great food at a reasonable price that will not make you sick. Our attention to detail and cleanleness is paramount. If you haven't done so already, please come on by and give us a try.

Take care,

Rick

Apos
07-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Stupid is much stronger than I would have said but I like all four of you knuckleheads...:rolleyes:

I don't think that mentioning other potential options is wrong in any way, and I've done it myself as self appointed restaurant reviewer :eek:, and I'm sure that in this case it was not meant to harm any other restaurant. Competition is good and most guys aren't gong to change their preference or habits just because of a thread.

Many of these other places are just a flash in the pan, as Sid mentioned, so for many people Rick's/Rocky's will remain their first or at least fall back position and deservedly so.

It's "home" to me and many! :iconTU:

Not quite certain why you would call WickedWillie, Balcoach and myself stupid for posting about Sosua restaruants in the Sosua restaurants forum. I was under the impression this board was about sharing useful information with other members. I don't take offense because I just consider the source but WickedWillie and Balcoach might not take too kindly to be called stupid.

By the way....didn't I see you eating in PJs restaurant last night? Is that how YOU repay Rick's support for ISOC.....I mean since your so big on the topic I figured you would be eating all your meals at Rockys.

Count
07-15-2012, 09:55 AM
It's OK Sidney, Rocky's still serves a ton of breakfasts everyday of the year. We have been in business 15 years and with me now 3 1/2 years and have been opened for business each and every one of those days. Nothing has changed here in all that time except for the better. For the record, Sidney spends a lot of pesos a month at Rocky's and really enjoys my food. I too eat at other restaurants here on the island from time to time. You may see me in Orchadee, Cafe Cubano, Brittania, Balogna, etc.

2 eggs
2 slices of Whole Wheat toast, (White available upon request) (Extra butter for you Robert or for anyone else who wants it)
Coffee

All for 170 pesos. (We also DO NOT charge taxes so it is 170 pesos.)

I can tell you that with all the quality ingredients that we use, we are not making much money at 170 peos and if La Roca is using the same quality ingredients I can tell you for sure that this is a lost leader for them and they will not be able to sustain it. If and only if their ingredients are not up to Rocky's standard would they be able to maintain this pricing for long.

We pride ourselves on serving great food at a reasonable price that will not make you sick. Our attention to detail and cleanleness is paramount. If you haven't done so already, please come on by and give us a try.

Take care,

Rick

I've had number 38 many times. I think it's my favourite...looking forward to staying in the Suites in early Sept. Thanks for everything, Rick.

Sidney
07-15-2012, 10:14 AM

I called Balcoach and Wicked Willie nothing. I stated that it was stupid of you to be promoting La Roca, with the great breakfasts, companionship, our meeting place, an ISOC backer, at Rick/Rocky's. I guess you wouldn't take offense for promoting other of your ''DEALS'' such as the Ruby Bar, either. And maybe Field of Dreams? (Could you disclose the background on these DEALS?)------------Btw, you did see me there at PJ's. And of course, you did not speak after I tried to tell you that Wicked Willie was on the way. I suspect that I discovered PJ's before you. But, I didn't promote it ! And I do enjoy the Kararoke.:lol:

eldorob
07-15-2012, 10:37 AM
I called Balcoach and Wicked Willie nothing. I stated that it was stupid of you to be promoting La Roca, with the great breakfasts, companionship, our meeting place, an ISOC backer, at Rick/Rocky's. I guess you wouldn't take offense for promoting other of your ''DEALS'' such as the Ruby Bar, either. And maybe Field of Dreams? (Could you disclose the background on these DEALS?)------------Btw, you did see me there at PJ's. And of course, you did not speak after I tried to tell you that Wicked Willie was on the way. I suspect that I discovered PJ's before you. But, I didn't promote it ! And I do enjoy the Kararoke.:lol:

I'm confused.

El-Rey
07-15-2012, 10:52 AM
I like Rockys #23 ....

Apos
07-15-2012, 10:54 AM
40 :corky:
I've had number 38 many times. I think it's my favourite...looking forward to staying in the Suites in early Sept. Thanks for everything, Rick.

I like Rockys #23 ....

Goober17
07-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Rocky's # 50 $200 RD
4 eggs
ham
bacon
toast
pancake
banana
coffee

WickedWillie
07-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Guys, leave me the fuck out of all the petty childish squabbling thats going on. I eat and drink where-ever the fuck I want and whenever I want.:mad:

TNT72
07-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Rocky's # 50 $200 RD
4 eggs
ham
bacon
toast
pancake
banana
coffee

#32 for me. It's to the point that Angie doesn't even ask me. We order for the chica (if one is there) and Angie looks at me and says "#32".

TNT72
07-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Guys, leave me the fuck out of all the petty childish squabbling thats going on. I eat and drink where-ever the fuck I want and whenever I want.:mad:

And the British Prick has spoken!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

balcoach
07-15-2012, 12:27 PM
And the British Prick has spoken!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

He's English, not Brittish.. get that right!

And I am on board with WickedWillie... I eat whereever I choose, when ever I choose.

And by my fat ass you can tell often.

If I recommend something its because I have had a good experience.

I have spent more than my fair share of time and peso's in the Rocky's establishment and have enjoyed it and the camaraderie that comes along with it.

But, being the asshole that I am, I will choose when, where, and how I speak of something on my own.

And disregard the "promotional deal" I have at La Roca... they give me breakfast for 125 and also the Dominican plate of the day for 125... so you guys know the rewards of my schilling!!!

Live long and prosper to all. And if you like something in Sosua, tell me about it, I would like to learn more and more of different deals and options that are out there.

gdogg
07-15-2012, 01:30 PM

2 eggs
Coffee

Right on, Rick!!
:lol:

#44 was my first love, then i switched to #43 (or maybe the other way around). Even when i got free breakfast from Casa Cayena and others, Rocky's would still get hit at least twice a week. :iconTU:

Irie
07-15-2012, 01:36 PM
#32 for me. It's to the point that Angie doesn't even ask me. We order for the chica (if one is there) and Angie looks at me and says "#32".

Rick hit mine right out of the gate. treinta y ocho.

I still struggle with numbers in Spanish (not good for mongering I know), but Angie had me saying it and jugo de naranja by day three.

Mr. Smooth
07-15-2012, 04:04 PM
You guys are missing out on the REAL surprise here. Rockys now serves LOBSTER!!!

Thats right....I said lobster! I saw it meeself with mee own peepers. 700 pesos, at the bottom of the new smaller dinner menu that Rick told me has been in place for about 3 weeks or so. I walked in one evening last week and there was Rick, resplendent as ever, digging into the tail with knife and fork, procuring the last tidbits of tasty meat from the clawed crustacean that was perched upon his plate.

Needless to say, he looked mighty satisfied.

So remember all you weekend Romeos, if you really want to impress that El Flow floozie, or that bodacious beach bitch you met during the afternoon, bring her into Rockys for some lobster. Dinner and drinks for about 1500 pesos, mas o menos. Beats Red Lobster any day of the week!

Actually, Robert told me about the Dominican special at La Roca and afterward, we stopped in and it was very good! All grabass aside, all this thread does is simply reinforce what a great deal in quality dining spots that Sosua has. Whenever I come down for a visit, I spread my tourist pesos around to no less than a dozen different bars/restaurants around town, not to mention the different spots I stop in at on the beach.

Another favorite of mine, if you don't mind hearing some grumpy looking Germans still pissed about losing two big ones last century, is Romanoff. Large portions, very tasty, good value. My last dinner was in there.

But...my last meal before hitting the big bird for home was a #32 at Rockys. :iconTU: :iconTU: :iconTU:

TNT72
07-15-2012, 04:09 PM
You guys are missing out on the REAL surprise here. Rockys now serves LOBSTER!!!

Thats right....I said lobster! I saw it meeself with mee own peepers. 700 pesos, at the bottom of the new smaller dinner menu that Rick told me has been in place for about 3 weeks or so. I walked in one evening last week and there was Rick, resplendent as ever, digging into the tail with knife and fork, procuring the last tidbits of tasty meat from the clawed crustacean that was perched upon his plate.

Needless to say, he looked mighty satisfied.

So remember all you weekend Romeos, if you really want to impress that El Flow floozie, or that bodacious beach bitch you met during the afternoon, bring her into Rockys for some lobster. Dinner and drinks for about 1500 pesos, mas o menos. Beats Red Lobster any day of the week!

Actually, Robert told me about the Dominican special at La Roca and afterward, we stopped in and it was very good! All grabass aside, all this thread does is simply reinforce what a great deal in quality dining spots that Sosua has. Whenever I come down for a visit, I spread my tourist pesos around to no less than a dozen different bars/restaurants around town, not to mention the different spots I stop in at on the beach.

Another favorite of mine, if you don't mind hearing some grumpy looking Germans still pissed about losing two big ones last century, is Romanoff. Large portions, very tasty, good value. My last dinner was in there.

But...my last meal before hitting the big bird for home was a #32 at Rockys. :iconTU: :iconTU: :iconTU:

I always knew you were a man of great taste!!

snoozer
07-15-2012, 05:27 PM
I forgot about the dinner menu. On one of my last nights there in June I tried the chicken cordon bleu and was pleasantly surprised. I always think of Rockys for breakfast, lime chicken or pizza but this chicken cordon bleu was one of the best I have ever had. Cannot remember the price but I recall it was very reasonable.

As far as other restaurants go I spread my hard earned pesos around but probably spend more at Rockys than anywhere else.

MrHappy
07-15-2012, 07:25 PM
I forgot about the dinner menu. On one of my last nights there in June I tried the chicken cordon bleu and was pleasantly surprised. I always think of Rockys for breakfast, lime chicken or pizza but this chicken cordon bleu was one of the best I have ever had. Cannot remember the price but I recall it was very reasonable.

As far as other restaurants go I spread my hard earned pesos around but probably spend more at Rockys than anywhere else.

Lobster? Rocky'S?? What's this world coming too?????? lol

I had the schnitzel with mushroom gravy and papas saltiada... on Friday night. I was fucking stuffed!!

Sidney
07-16-2012, 06:56 AM
In order to clarify: 1.Roberto 12345, I live at Rocky's and spend several thousand pesos monthly for food and drinks. 2.Of course, all you men can eat and drink where choose. 3.My choice of the word ''stupid'' was too harsh. Bad taste would have been a better choice. 4.But to recommend a loss-leader breakfast at an often closed restaurant is a little too much! 5.Do you remember the tireless efforts of Rick, TNT, and others to save our bro, Joey BK from the PP jail and probable future horrors?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: And you want to send our ''bro's'' to La Roca to save 50 to 75 pesos? -----------------------And in the future, I hope we won't be reading about the wonders of the coiffured, fugly, bill-padding Ruby Bar, where special clients, that bring our ''bro's'' to drink, are rewarded with ''freebies'' for eating and drinking at her lowly''dive''!:mad:

Count
07-16-2012, 07:23 AM
Let the free market prevail is always my motto. I love Rocky's and I'm sure I will always eat there. Still, I'm sure that Rick would admit that Rocky's is made better by competition.

Dafishguy
07-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Let the free market prevail is always my motto. I love Rocky's and I'm sure I will always eat there. Still, I'm sure that Rick would admit that Rocky's is made better by competition.

I LOVE competition. It's what makes the free market world go around and I am the first to support it. I compete with my incredible customer service and my great food at reasonable prices. Like I said, I EVEN EAT AT OTHER PLACES so I support and encourage those who also do. Eat up gentlemen, there are tons of great choices here in Sosua and the DR. Besides, I helped Joey because IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, no other reason.

Oh, I forgot to say in my post above that we also serve Louisiana Hot Sauce and Heize Ketchep to those who ask for it. I think and I may be wrong that Rocky's is the only restaurant in Sosua that actually serves these two items at every meal. Once again gentlemen, eat, drink and have Mary!

Take care,

Rick

dr1lvr
07-16-2012, 08:42 AM
I LOVE competition. It's what makes the free market world go around and I am the first to support it. I compete with my incredible customer service and my great food at reasonable prices. Like I said, I EVEN EAT AT OTHER PLACES so I support and encourage those who also do. Eat up gentlemen, there are tons of great choices here in Sosua and the DR. Besides, I helped Joey because IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO, no other reason.

Oh, I forgot to say in my post above that we also serve Louisiana Hot Sauce and Heize Ketchep to those who ask for it. I think and I may be wrong that Rocky's is the only restaurant in Sosua that actually serves these two items at every meal. Once agian gentlemen, eat, drink and have Mary!

Take care,

Rick

Is she the cute new waitress working there??? :wink:

balcoach
07-16-2012, 09:08 AM
And you want to send our ''bro's'' to La Roca to save 50 to 75 pesos? -----------------------

I can attest by my comments, I am not sending anyone.... ANYWHERE. I don't speak for anyone else. They are grown ass men on their own.

I offered up my opinion as another viable option for visitors to this board, to El Batey,Sosua, and the RD.

No one has said one is better than the other, they have stated facts and information.....THE PURPOSE OF THIS WHOLE FORUM and ISOC BOARD. Everyone needs to get this through their heads and understand what people are doing, sharing and giving information. If this is not the purpose of this board, as which it was created along time before many of you were members, let me know so I can bow out gracefully.

This petty childish BANTER is teaching me alot about people and how they truly conduct themselves.

Have a great day! :rofl:

Nakom
07-16-2012, 04:55 PM
He's English, not Brittish.. get that right!

When you are calling someone a prick, I'm not sure it is all that important to properly state their country of origin.

When dealing with a prick from the UK, suck as Wicked Willie, better to say "limey prick" to avoid unnecessary confusion! :corky:

TNT72
07-16-2012, 05:16 PM
When you are calling someone a prick, I'm not sure it is all that important to properly state their country of origin.

When dealing with a prick from the UK, suck as Wicked Willie, better to say "limey prick" to avoid unnecessary confusion! :corky:

Fuck him, the BRITISH PRICK!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

weyland
07-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Fuck him, the BRITISH PRICK!!!!

He might be British rather than English. Real English come from south of the river and support real English football teams like Charlton and Fulham. He comes from North of the river where bloodlines have been tainted by the admixture of potato-munchers, salted porridge swillers and sheep-shaggers, and English players in football teams are as rare as virgins on Pedro Clisante.

WickedWillie
07-16-2012, 07:07 PM
He might be British rather than English. Real English come from south of the river and support real English football teams like Charlton and Fulham. He comes from North of the river where bloodlines have been tainted by the admixture of potato-munchers, salted porridge swillers and sheep-shaggers, and English players in football teams are as rare as virgins on Pedro Clisante.

Yes it is north of the river, just, but Pimlico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimlico) has never been tainted by sheep-shaggers.

Jimmydr
07-16-2012, 07:08 PM

Rick

There are not tons of choices. (For breakfast, maybe 2 or 3 other places)

eldorob
07-16-2012, 07:41 PM
There are not tons of choices. (For breakfast, maybe 2 or 3 other places)

And nobodys making Iced Coffee yet. Pisses me off, I gotta have my Ice Coffee.. It's a 100 F'N degrees, you think somebody would figure that out.

Apos
07-16-2012, 07:49 PM
There are tons of other choices for breakfast :confused:

Rocky's
Britannia
Caipirinas
Restaurant at the Calypso Hotel
Romanoff
Casa Valeria
Scotch and Sirloin restaurant at Terra Linda
New Garden
Morua Mai
News Cafe
Cubano
Make your own!

There are 12 just off the top of my head

There are other's plus all the "Dominican" places

Oh, and now La Roca....:wink:

Jimmydr
07-16-2012, 07:50 PM
And nobodys making Iced Coffee yet. Pisses me off, I gotta have my Ice Coffee.. It's a 100 F'N degrees, you think somebody would figure that out.

Make your own then.

eldorob
07-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Make your own then.

I do. But I'm lazy.

mikelodge
07-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Robert that 125 dominican dinner is the best deal in Sosua.

and whats the deal? Stomach issues? is it ongoing? if so. and you tried cipro already, I can bring you some Metrondiazol.
Let me know. i will be in country on the 30th

I guess all those bathrooms with feces laying in a trash can in the open air and the health standards of the SoSua have hit home to a couple people or a couple hundred more like this month just in the Su area.. Hope you guys feel better.

mikelodge
07-17-2012, 12:04 AM
There are tons of other choices for breakfast :confused:

Rocky's
Britannia
Caipirinas
Restaurant at the Calypso Hotel
Romanoff
Casa Valeria
Scotch and Sirloin restaurant at Terra Linda
New Garden
Morua Mai
News Cafe
Cubano
Make your own!

There are 12 just off the top of my head

There are other's plus all the "Dominican" places

Oh, and now La Roca....:wink:

Yes lots of choices for breakfast and New Cafe is a great choice out of the inner city. As is Hotel D'Piero, Hotel El Colibri, That German joint behind D'Piero that the Palms Condos says their guests can walk down to breakfast to. And the German Bakery on the corner in between the two open early with the big pastries for cheap.

Mr. Smooth
07-17-2012, 03:47 AM

eldorob, I might be wrong, but I swear I saw ice coffee offered at Cafe Cubano. I spoke to Brian, the owner, when I was there and he seems like a very astute businessman and a nice guy to boot! I would imagine that he would have that item covered but if not, maybe next time you are there, you could ask him about it and maybe he could see what he could do as long as it made business sense. As hot as it can get down there, I would think ice coffee would be selling in buckets!

MrHappy
07-17-2012, 10:57 AM
eldorob, I might be wrong, but I swear I saw ice coffee offered at Cafe Cubano. I spoke to Brian, the owner, when I was there and he seems like a very astute businessman and a nice guy to boot! I would imagine that he would have that item covered but if not, maybe next time you are there, you could ask him about it and maybe he could see what he could do as long as it made business sense. As hot as it can get down there, I would think ice coffee would be selling in buckets!

Um.. "Can I please have a cafe con leche, and a glass of ice?"

That solves the problem for me.

I saw Iced coffee somewhere when I was up there last weekend, and I think you're right, it was Cafe Cubano. I was talking to the girl about it.

whynotme
07-17-2012, 04:26 PM

mine too........... i had it every day when i was there last month.................(all 4 days:rofl:) the second shortest trip ever but it was great:iconTU:

whynotme
07-17-2012, 04:53 PM

In order to clarify: 1.Roberto 12345, I live at Rocky's and spend several thousand pesos monthly for food and drinks. 2.Of course, all you men can eat and drink where choose. 3.My choice of the word ''stupid'' was too harsh. Bad taste would have been a better choice. 4.But to recommend a loss-leader breakfast at an often closed restaurant is a little too much! 5.Do you remember the tireless efforts of Rick, TNT, and others to save our bro, Joey BK from the PP jail and probable future horrors?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: And you want to send our ''bro's'' to La Roca to save 50 to 75 pesos? -----------------------And in the future, I hope we won't be reading about the wonders of the coiffured, fugly, bill-padding Ruby Bar, where special clients, that bring our ''bro's'' to drink, are rewarded with ''freebies'' for eating and drinking at her lowly''dive''!:mad:

suffering from too much sun there are we sidney:wink:
no point in getting bent outta shape on a whore board ...........
especially in a food thread:rofl::rofl::rofl:

exactly!!:iconTU:

Oh, I forgot to say in my post above that we also serve Louisiana Hot Sauce and Heize Ketchep to those who ask for it. I think and I may be wrong that Rocky's is the only restaurant in Sosua that actually serves these two items at every meal. Once again gentlemen, eat, drink and have Mary!

Take care,

Rick

exactly:iconTU:
i live in a smaller town than sosua and for 4 years i operated a bar and grille and during those years i supported the other restaurants more often than when i didnt have my own place:rofl:

that said; when i went to the dr i have never eaten breakfast anywhere but at rockies unless it was included in the hotel price:iconTU:

TNT72
07-17-2012, 09:29 PM
that said; when i went to the dr i have never eaten breakfast anywhere but at rockies unless it was included in the hotel price:iconTU:

I've had Baileys a couple times. Definetely not worth the price when compared to Rockies. I've eaten NG's breakfast in 2010, when I was staying there. Not bad, but I come out ahead staying in the Suites, and buying a great breakfast at Rockys.

But this past trip, I ate dinner at Cafe Cubano one night, and it was good enough that I may try it for breakfast. And if La Roca keeps up with the special, I'll probably try it out one day. I'd rather try something once, to say I did it, than always do the same thing day after day. I got tired of groundhog day in Sosua last year.

MrHappy
07-18-2012, 06:49 AM
I've had Baileys a couple times. Definetely not worth the price when compared to Rockies. I've eaten NG's breakfast in 2010, when I was staying there. Not bad, but I come out ahead staying in the Suites, and buying a great breakfast at Rockys.

But this past trip, I ate dinner at Cafe Cubano one night, and it was good enough that I may try it for breakfast. And if La Roca keeps up with the special, I'll probably try it out one day. I'd rather try something once, to say I did it, than always do the same thing day after day. I got tired of groundhog day in Sosua last year.

My friend dragged me over there for a late lunch. I had the pulled pork sandwich, and it was exceptionally good. Warm soft bun, lots of BBQ, nice and drippy good, plus an order of fries.

My only gripe would be sitting on the sidewalk. I prefer a little more decor when I eat. I also got BBQ sauce all over my shirt looking at girls.

TNT72
07-18-2012, 07:50 AM
My friend dragged me over there for a late lunch. I had the pulled pork sandwich, and it was exceptionally good. Warm soft bun, lots of BBQ, nice and drippy good, plus an order of fries.

My only gripe would be sitting on the sidewalk. I prefer a little more decor when I eat. I also got BBQ sauce all over my shirt looking at girls.

I ate around 10:30 at night, so not a lot of chica's walking by at that time, so no worries about dripping on my shirt.

I had the Steak and Cheese, along with some potatoe salad. Both were very good!! I will definitely be repeating that meal next trip!

Irie
07-18-2012, 08:21 AM
I ate around 10:30 at night, so not a lot of chica's walking by at that time, so no worries about dripping on my shirt.

I had the Steak and Cheese, along with some potatoe salad. Both were very good!! I will definitely be repeating that meal next trip!

Brian from Cafe Cubano was over eating at Rockys one night last week and I joined him and Rick at the table. It was the first time I had an opportunity to talk with him. Great guy.

He had Rockys Steak and Pepperoni sandwich which I had not tried before. It looked so good, I sunk my teeth into one the next afternoon. Coupled with a frosty Presidente Light, it was a great meal.
Next go around I'm going to swing by his place for sure.

MrHappy
07-18-2012, 09:07 AM

I can't eat anything without some of it dripping on my shirt. My ex used to say that was my trademark.

And I've always thought I was a careful eater. :corky::corky:

balcoach
07-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Cubano did have a pulled bbq chicken special last week when i went in for dinner. It was outstanding and almost too much to eat. That and a side of fries was a great meal.

Brian has made a great transition and every one says the smoke shop is the best , possible on the island, i have no idea when it comes to this, but i do know he knows his stuff!

TNT72
07-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Cubano did have a pulled bbq chicken special last week when i went in for dinner. It was outstanding and almost too much to eat. That and a side of fries was a great meal.

Brian has made a great transition and every one says the smoke shop is the best , possible on the island, i have no idea when it comes to this, but i do know he knows his stuff!

This was the first trip I've actually spent some time with Brian. He's a funny guy. Reminds me of......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsFq10YYd04&feature=related

Mr. Smooth
07-18-2012, 02:42 PM
I can't eat anything without some of it dripping on my shirt. My ex used to say that was my trademark.

And I've always thought I was a careful eater. :corky::corky:

Happy, if you have an eating problem, I think there are meetings you can go to for that! :lol:

SrSuerte
07-28-2012, 03:13 PM
[
QUOTE=TNT72;1140872]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsFq10YYd04&feature=related

Last joke on the video....

Vodoo Acupuncture!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You dont even have to go in to see them.

You can just be walking down the street and.....

Oouch! That feels better!!:rofl::rofl: