PDA

View Full Version : PJ's restaurant

Seville
07-13-2012, 11:47 PM
WickedWillie and I had a very romantic dinner date tonight although I was a tad disappointed he did not bring flowers. We went to PJ's, which is right next to La Roca across from the little Playero. On Wednesday and Friday they currently have a 2 for 1 special from 6 - 8 PM. We both had the half BBQ chicken with salad and fries. The chicken was very good and moist; served with a side of BBQ sauce. I think WickedWillie inhaled his. He had a beer and I had a coke. Total bill was 450 pesos.

I will be back.

Those nights are also Karaoke night so make certain you get out of there before the gringas start singing ABBA songs around 8:30 PM.

el toro
07-14-2012, 12:58 AM
WickedWillie and I had a very romantic dinner date tonight although I was a tad disappointed he did not bring flowers. We went to PJ's, which is right next to La Roca across from the little Playero. On Wednesday and Friday they currently have a 2 for 1 special from 6 - 8 PM. We both had the half BBQ chicken with salad and fries. The chicken was very good and moist; served with a side of BBQ sauce. I think WickedWillie inhaled his. He had a beer and I had a coke. Total bill was 450 pesos.

I will be back.

Those nights are also Karaoke night so make certain you get out of there before the gringas start singing ABBA songs around 8:30 PM.

I thought you were about to say you were a tad disappointed because he didn't try to kiss you when I started reading that.jajajaja

davemaryland
07-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Roberto, que será su fecha de una noche en septiembre. Y yo te sido un frasco de perfume.

jose1234
07-14-2012, 11:51 AM
I know the owner and watched him build out the restaurant. He has tried to do the right thing and the food is good there. Instead of advertising the restaurant, he decided to have specials because people tend to go where the price is low.

SrSuerte
07-15-2012, 08:44 AM
I know the owner and watched him build out the restaurant. He has tried to do the right thing and the food is good there. Instead of advertising the restaurant, he decided to have specials because people tend to go where the price is low.

I will try them again. It has been awhile.

balcoach
07-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the information on another option here in Sosua. Good to see ISOC as board where we can share information and different options, and stories of Sosua, the Republica Dominicana, and the rest of the World.

Its always great to learn of an different choice available here.

Variety is the spice of life!

Definitely gonna check it out, I have seen a different crowd in PJ's as of late.

I hope they are successful. And continue to share a quality product and service for our brotherhood and everyone else here in Robert's whore village! JAJAAJAJA

Sidney
09-15-2012, 02:30 PM
I ate there 5x on the 2 for 1 special nights. Twice, I got sick from Fish Soup, then Seafood Soup. Sorry, no mas!

eldorob
09-16-2012, 08:27 AM
I ate there 5x on the 2 for 1 special nights. Twice, I got sick from Fish Soup, then Seafood Soup. Sorry, no mas!

Any chance you've developed an allergy to some seafoods? It's tough getting old.

jose1234
09-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Any chance you've developed an allergy to some seafoods? It's tough getting old.

Although I live here in the DR I almost never order seafood. I'm scared of it in any restaurant, even when they were serving at my restaurant....

Sidney
09-16-2012, 10:44 AM

Thanks, but i have no allergies. I remember the old days in Sosua (1998+), where there were many warnings not to eat in certain restaurants because the cheap owners would serve spoiled food, rather than throw it away.:mad:

commander kirk
09-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Thanks, but i have no allergies. I remember the old days in Sosua (1998+), where there were many warnings not to eat in certain restaurants because the cheap owners would serve spoiled food, rather than throw it away.:mad:

I met the new owner in March when I was in Sosua. Nice guy, wants to have a good operation. I thought the food was quite good, and reasonably priced. Mostly I had breakfasts and chicken.

Sidney
09-16-2012, 04:20 PM
I guess the Pescado soups were bad ideas. They would just entice scraps that could be spoiled. I'll try the place again, nada pescado!

eldorob
09-23-2012, 08:59 AM
I guess the Pescado soups were bad ideas. They would just entice scraps that could be spoiled. I'll try the place again, nada pescado!

I've got a favorita that gets pescado soup for breakfast if they got it and will warm it up for her. fish soup in the morning is not something I really want to smell. I do like the taste of it tho, just not first thing in the morning.

Last few trips I've gotten in the habit of having a good american breakfast, then just having fruit the rest of the day. Easy to do with the heat, don't really feel like eating when it's hot.

Between the fruit and the chicas, I can lose a few pounds during my trips.

Moretti
09-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Was there two weeks ago. Yes there es a 2/1 special,but don't add anything to the 2nd entree even if it es still lower price,You will be charged for the extra.
Mi amigo had fish soup,it was OK.Mucho Abba for sure.
Another new Italian restaurant on Pedor Clisante using the name "GAUDI" was Very Good",and not expensive went three times while in Sosua.
Expect to go back en Noviembre.

DASBOOTY
10-30-2012, 09:37 PM
PJ's restuarant is now called Sinatra's.

Last week, a chica and I had the mero (grouper) at Sinatra's. It was served with potatoes and vegetables. Big serving and very delicious.

Happy to report that neither her or I got sick afterwards :biggrin:.

Señor JDR of Medellin
10-31-2012, 07:42 PM
This use to be a 24 hour place and back in the day, we would take a taxi to POP to hit Crystals and Long Beach and end the night here. The taxi was $24 for 6 or 7 hours.