PDA

View Full Version : 07/2012 - GREEN/BOD AND HQ MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS EFFECTIVE JULY 27 2012

Hunter
07-27-2012, 06:35 PM
The following are new rules for advancement to upper levels on ISOC. Upper levels are for posting certain private information and pictures for an audience that will not snitch to chicas information in these levels. It is for trusted mongers. No level is 100% safe as has been proven over time. The process for advancement is based on board performance and meeting various members. It is the goal of the current members to vote based on merit and is not a popularity contest.

These rules have been voted on and approved by the business members and will be the RULE going forward July 2012. Any poll not set up correctly will be deleted by Mods. Any candidate nomination not meeting below criteria will be deleted by Mods. PM Mod if you are not sure or have questions on your candidate’s eligibility.

All current members are grandfathered in and will not need a new poll.

Remember the groups are color coded. The Business members are Red/Orange.

Administrators | Super Moderators | Headquarters | BOD | Green

GREEN LEVEL

1. You must have at least 250 posts.

2. You must have two trip reports with chica pictures of your conquests. We do not need a certain number of chica pictures from the report or them spread eagle naked. We realize chica pictures are getting harder to get as time goes by. Most will take them with their clothes on which is fine. For great examples of trip reports with pictures see any of Tigers reports in The Tiger Den. Jimbos reports are other great examples. You must be a paying member to view Tigers or Jimbos reports.

3. You can be nominated by anyone in BOD, HQ, or Business groups.

4. Voting will be done in BOD. Format of poll is public poll. Yes – No – Sitting this out. To be approved for green you must get 65% of the yes-no votes plus a mininum of 12 Yes votes. Sitting this out votes do not count towards winning/losing percentage. Polls run for 7 days.

5. Candidates who lose a vote may be renominated in 6 months.

BOD LEVEL (Board of Directors)

1. You must have at least 1000 posts. For candidates that business members feel are BOD worthy but do not have enough posts the following is allowed: A business member can vouch for candidate and this adds 250 posts to the candidates post total. Maximum of two vouches for 500 posts.

2. You have be Green for a total duration of one year. For candidates that business members feel are BOD worthy and should be fast tracked the following is allowed: A business member can vouch for candidate and this adds 3 months to candidates green duration. Maximum of two vouches for 6 months added to candidates green duration.

3. You must meet in person and hang out for an evening or afternoon either of the following combination of members. You can meet one at a time or all at once.
a. One Business Member
or
b. Two HQ or Business Members
or
c. Three BOD, HQ or Business Members
This meeting is very informal. We are here to have fun and not interrogate you. Be yourself.

4. You can be nominated by anyone in BOD, HQ, or Business groups.

5. Voting will be done in BOD. Format of poll is public poll. Yes – No – Sitting this out. To be approved for BOD you must get 65% of the yes-no votes plus a minimum of 12 Yes votes. Sitting this out votes do not count towards winning/losing percentage. Polls run for 7 days.

6. Candidates who lose votes may be renominated in 6 months.

HQ LEVEL (Headquarters)

1. Private vote conducted by business members only.

whynotme
07-27-2012, 06:41 PM
the rules going forward for setting up a poll to nominate someone for advancement has been outlined above.

please note;
do NOT put the members name in the poll or thread as ANYONE can see/read the thread title IF its the newest thread in that section.

also try to ensure they meet the minimum requirements before starting the poll

thanks to Hunter for taking the time to sift thru everyones comments and suggestions and arive at the new and improved requirements:iconTU:

Hunter
07-27-2012, 06:45 PM
TEST...........

might be better if it originated from a mod....so you get the arrows,,,but looks good :lol:

whynotme
07-27-2012, 06:50 PM
might be better if it originated from a mod....so you get the arrows,,,but looks good :lol:

i am computer illiterate........too late:rofl:

i closed and unstickyed the original 2006 requirements so if need be we can always refer back to our roots and then
i opened this thread with a test post and then copied and pasted the final draft BUT it bumped my post to second as yours was posted before mine, so i guess we can share the arrows:rofl:

Hunter
07-27-2012, 06:58 PM

i closed and unstickyed the original 2006 requirements so if need be we can always refer back to our roots and then
i opened this thread with a test post and then copied and pasted the final draft BUT it bumped my post to second as yours was posted before mine, so i guess we can share the arrows:rofl:

no problem..i can take it...:wink:

jacknback
07-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the time and effort from both of you!!!!:iconTU:

BlueDevil
07-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Good job guys... it is nice to see the requirements in writing, and the discretionary power of business members allows some leeway with nomination requirements. I need something clarified in the BoD requirements (it is highlighted):

1. You must have at least 1000 posts. For candidates that business members feel are BOD worthy but do not have enough posts the following is allowed: A business member can vouch for candidate and this adds 250 posts to the candidates post total. Maximum of two vouches for 500 posts.

2. You have be Green for a total duration of one year. For candidates that business members feel are BOD worthy and should be fast tracked the following is allowed: A business member can vouch for candidate and this adds 3 months to candidates green duration. Maximum of two vouches for 6 months added to candidates green duration.

3. You must meet in person and hang out for an evening or afternoon either of the following combination of members. You can meet one at a time or all at once.
a. One Business Member
or
b. Two HQ or Business Members
or
c. Three BOD, HQ or Business Members
This meeting is very informal. We are here to have fun and not interrogate you. Be yourself.

4. You can be nominated by anyone in BOD, HQ, or Business groups.

5. Voting will be done in BOD. Format of poll is public poll. Yes – No – Sitting this out. To be approved for BOD you must get 65% of the yes-no votes plus a minimum of 12 Yes votes. Sitting this out votes do not count towards winning/losing percentage. Polls run for 7 days.

6. Candidates who lose votes may be renominated in 6 months.

I understand meeting one business member, but b) and c) are confusing. Do you mean meet at least two (2) HQ members and three (3) BOD members? For instance if me and two other BoD guys would count. But if say, BCell (HQ) and I (BoD) met someone, it would not count because there would need to be another HQ guy present?
I hope I am not making this harder than it is. :rolleyes:

Hunter
07-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Good job guys... it is nice to see the requirements in writing, and the discretionary power of business members allows some leeway with nomination requirements. I need something clarified in the BoD requirements (it is highlighted):

I understand meeting one business member, but b) and c) are confusing. Do you mean meet at least two (2) HQ members and three (3) BOD members? For instance if me and two other BoD guys would count. But if say, BCell (HQ) and I (BoD) met someone, it would not count because there would need to be another HQ guy present?
I hope I am not making this harder than it is. :rolleyes:

Technically yes...that would not count. But in reality that would be no problem.

The old rules had the HQ or Business member meeting mandatory which is unrealistic now because of HQ and Business members going to different countries.

So we said 3 BOD members or higher which most candidates meet.

Irie
07-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Much appreciated Hunter and all involved in bringing clarity to the subject.

New as I am to this level, I did some searching to understand it better and left reading the "older" threads more confused.

Muchos gracias.

MrHappy
07-28-2012, 06:29 AM

I'm guessing that "sharing the arrows" is something that only happens in the business world?

Obviously a lot of thought went into throwing this together. Hopefully the members will take the time to read and understand them.

Muchas gracias, compadres.

whynotme
07-28-2012, 06:36 AM
I'm guessing that "sharing the arrows" is something that only happens in the business world?

Obviously a lot of thought went into throwing this together. Hopefully the members will take the time to read and understand them.

Muchas gracias, compadres.

the best policies/settlements is when both sides come out feeling they didnt get what they wanted:corky:

you cant make everyone happy, but everyone tried to make it easy and with a k.i.s.s. policy:iconTU:

the_Jayman
07-28-2012, 12:31 PM
boy-oh-boy

for a bunch of knuckleheaded whore mongers there sure are a lot of rules . . . :rofl: :mrgreen: :rofl:

PapiQueRico
07-28-2012, 12:32 PM
boy-oh-boy

for a bunch of knuckleheaded whore mongers there sure are a lot of rules . . . :rofl: :mrgreen: :rofl:

Ah, FUCK YOU!!!!! :mrgreen:

the_Jayman
07-28-2012, 12:34 PM

Thank You ! ! ! :mrgreen:

whynotme
07-28-2012, 12:41 PM
boy-oh-boyfor a bunch of knuckleheaded whore mongers there sure are a lot of rules :rofl: :mrgreen: :rofl:

Thank You ! ! ! :mrgreen:
:rofl::rofl:

and that was using the kiss principle:corky:

Keep It Simple Stupid:rofl:

El-Rey
07-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Great info.. I have NO idea where I fit in but good to know

el toro
07-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Great info.. I have NO idea where I fit in but good to know

I just hope I skip the 'Post Whore' label. I'd feel so cheap and dirty--well, I am in many ways, but still.

VP, Mr. Smooth, Toro should be Green soon

MrHappy
07-29-2012, 08:49 AM
boy-oh-boy

Who woke you up?

When's your next trip, Slim?

Skynyrd
10-16-2012, 10:01 AM
BOD LEVEL (Board of Directors)

Can you please define "total duration" ?
I held green for a year prior then downgraded, then Green again so is "total duration" include total time spent green since a member or concurrent?
Im just curious all other criteria has been met as fas has meeting business, HQ and Bod members Several Times :rofl:

Dave Diaz
10-16-2012, 10:57 AM
I held green for a year prior then downgraded, then Green again so is "total duration" include total time spent green since a member or concurrent?
Im just curious all other criteria has been met as fas has meeting business, HQ and Bod members Several Times :rofl:

I think its based on the green date next to your name

I'm curious how one becomees a supermod

Skynyrd
10-16-2012, 11:14 AM
I think its based on the green date next to

thats the question since it says total duration and not consecutive:mrgreen:
and stop trying to cockblock me Dave, I'm trying to slip in a loophole!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

PapiQueRico
10-16-2012, 11:47 AM
I think its based on the green date next to your name

I wouldn't worry about it. The pay sucks!!!!! :)

Hunter
10-16-2012, 12:15 PM

Yours is a special case. I think you qualify and wouldnt be a problem if someone nominated you for BOD. I am only thinking out loud because Jimmy is the boss. He can rule.

Señor JDR of Medellin
10-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Yours is a special case. I think you qualify and wouldnt be a problem if someone nominated you for BOD. I am only thinking out loud because Jimmy is the boss. He can rule.

He came back strong. we have rules for this now.

Señor JDR of Medellin
10-16-2012, 06:26 PM
thats the question since it says total duration and not consecutive:mrgreen:
and stop trying to cockblock me Dave, I'm trying to slip in a loophole!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We don't like voting for guys that are too eager to get in.

Señor JDR of Medellin
10-16-2012, 06:27 PM

When the current ones die off, DT will make new ones.

Skynyrd
10-16-2012, 06:43 PM
He came back strong. we have rules for this now.

Thanks Boss:mrgreen:

jacknback
10-16-2012, 07:11 PM
When the current ones die off, DT will make new ones.

There goes my chance!!!
I'm bound to die before these youngsters!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Señor JDR of Medellin
10-16-2012, 08:56 PM
There goes my chance!!!
I'm bound to die before these youngsters!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you really want it at 90 years of age?

the_Jayman
10-16-2012, 09:58 PM

We could tell you but then we would have to kill you . . . oh and I only look like a supermod . . . I'd be dangerous if I knew what I was doin :rofl:

jacknback
10-17-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm not really a supermod....

But I've fucked at a Holiday Inn:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Donny Boy
03-25-2013, 01:00 AM
Question bout the Green Level, If one had it and lost it would I being starting over from the beginning?

Dave Diaz
03-25-2013, 01:08 AM
Question bout the Green Level, If one had it and lost it would I being starting over from the beginning?

I dont think you'd be starting from the beginning since people would know you. To get Green level you'd have to be voted in. That process isn't going to change whether you were green before or not. Only thing is someone new who was never green before would have to gain some type of reputation among other BM's who vote for that. If you were already green you would have some kind of reputation among those BM's you just lost your Green level status due to inactivity or whatever reason.

You'd still have to do what everyone else does to get Green status though. Not sure what exactly you meant by starting at the beginning.

Skynyrd is a good example maybe. I hear he was green before, he lost his status because he became inactive. He came back to the board and did some TR's, met some members and got right back into things. Over the last year he went from Blue to Green and now he is Purple.

Stay Active, post TR's, share pics, help people, etc. You'll move up from where ever you are.

Jimmydr
03-25-2013, 04:28 PM

In the beginning, I put people in. Now you have to get voted in.

Jimmydr
03-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Skynyrd is a good example maybe. I hear he was green before, he lost his status because he became inactive. He came back to the board and did some TR's, met some members and got right back into things. Over the last year he went from Blue to Green and now he is Purple.

Stay Active, post TR's, share pics, help people, etc. You'll move up from where ever you are.

He met about 40 other board members as well.

Hanzo
03-25-2013, 04:40 PM
In the beginning, I put people in. Now you have to get voted in.

So it's like the mob? :biggrin:

Jimmydr
03-25-2013, 04:40 PM
So it's like the mob? :biggrin:

We don't kill people, that I know of?

Dave Diaz
03-25-2013, 06:01 PM
He met about 40 other board members as well.

Don't doubt that at all. When your the mayor of boca chica you shake lots of hands.

Met him in sosua briefly the first time and I could see he was going to meet a bunch of people. In just a few minutes rick introduced me to him and elmudo I can imagine a bunch of more guys coming through there at that time too.

Well deserved promotion for skynyrd though. :ilike:

Jimmydr
03-25-2013, 06:02 PM
Don't doubt that at all. When your the mayor of boca chica you shake lots of hands.

Met him in sosua briefly the first time and I could see he was going to meet a bunch of people. In just a few minutes rick introduced me to him and elmudo I can imagine a bunch of more guys coming through there at that time too.

Well deserved promotion for skynyrd though. :ilike:

He is a very good guy to hang out with.No issues with him.

el toro
03-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Do guys that go from Green back to Blue even though they're active contributing members posting pics, reports etc...get voted back down?

El-Rey
03-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Do guys that go from Green back to Blue even though they're active contributing members posting pics, reports etc...get voted back down?

Remember VP?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

el toro
03-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Remember VP?? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

VP was a good dude, but he makes everyone drink a lot more than they usually would and cuz he likes thick girls makes others wrestle out of their weight class. jajaja.

Jimmydr
03-26-2013, 04:03 PM

Sometimes unless they fucked me over and I just toss them out.

MH16
08-28-2014, 03:25 PM
This seems like a suitable thread to ask about the status tagline...

I understand the whole Blue, Green, Purple, Red thing... but what / who sets the tag line status (or whatever it's called) listed below the username?? :confused:

Sample status lines I've seen include:
Lurker
Lurker coming out of the shadows
Member of the Stash
Chica Aficionado
Monger
etc.

If I had to guess, I'd say Jimmy just randomly assigns the status in batches and IF he gets a good morning BBBJ at a good price - the first poster of the day gets a more fancy tag... jajaja :rofl:

Señor JDR of Medellin
08-28-2014, 03:59 PM
This seems like a suitable thread to ask about the status tagline...

I understand the whole Blue,Green, Purple, Red thing... but what / who sets the tag line status (or whatever it's called) listed below the username?? :confused:

Sample status lines I've seen include:
Lurker
Lurker coming out of the shadows
Member of the Stash
Chica AficionadoMonger
etc.

If I had to guess, I'd say Jimmy just randomly assigns the status in batches and IF he gets a good morning BBBJ at a good price - the first poster of the day gets a more fancy tag... jajaja :rofl:

Post count sets them off unless a member is a paid subscriber.

Hanzo
08-28-2014, 04:01 PM
Post count sets them off unless a member is a paid subscriber.

Shit Jimmy, you want me to spend more amounts of unproductive hours on this site :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Señor JDR of Medellin
08-28-2014, 04:02 PM
Shit Jimmy, you want me to spend more amounts of unproductive hours on this site :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No idea what you mean by that?

Hanzo
08-28-2014, 04:22 PM
No idea what you mean by that?

Post counts sets off the little titles below one's username. The more post, the more you get closer to getting a different title. I thought I've posted a lot in 2 years, and now you're telling me to get a nifty little title I have to post more.

Señor JDR of Medellin
08-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Post counts sets off the little titles below one's username. The more post, the more you get closer to getting a different title. I thought I've posted a lot in 2 years, and now you're telling me to get a nifty little title I have to post more.

You have a title. It doesn't change unless you move up or down.

uncle ruckus
08-28-2014, 04:47 PM

When you get to purple, you get to set whatever title you want. It's one of the nicer perks and the one I took advantage of the same day.

Hanzo
08-28-2014, 05:26 PM
When you get to purple, you get to set whatever title you want. It's one of the nicer perks and the one I took advantage of the same day.

Yeah, that's never happening lol, hopefully one day the gods shine down on us lonely green members, and there's a glitch in the system, cause this "green since" has got to go.

Dave Diaz
08-28-2014, 05:47 PM
i got green as green can be, probie :rofl: i think im the only one with this title too.

i didnt know they were generated by post count though. thats goood to know and good to know you can change the title when purple.

Señor JDR of Medellin
08-28-2014, 05:50 PM
i got green as green can be, probie :rofl: i think im the only one with this title too.

i didnt know they were generated by post count though. thats goood to know and good to know you can change the title when purple.

I create Green titles and subscription titles.

JD426
08-28-2014, 05:57 PM
I swear some dudes are like the chicas up in here..

Its just never enough....

the best though are the dudes who used to petition Jimmy to move up, almost begging for it like a puta for a Propina.
that was some pitiful but funny shit..

uncle ruckus
08-28-2014, 06:58 PM
Yeah, that's never happening lol, hopefully one day the gods shine down on us lonely green members, and there's a glitch in the system, cause this "green since" has got to go.

Hey, at least you're not probationary. Look at Dom Dave. He's been probationary for over 2 years now. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

BrooklynBeas
08-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Hey, at least you're not probationary. Look at Dom Dave. He's been probationary for over 2 years now. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

True....I rememeber chilling with El Toro and he was like why am I green probationary...Then all of a sudden we are all hanging and he changed from Green probie to Purple probie.... He said, great I can deal with that! LOL...

What about a guy that used to be a moderator, left a while and started off on Blue again... Met Jimmy and plenty of Blue, Purple etc... Even helped bring this site up back in the day... If he is now green again, will give an oath, right hand on the bible of JDR! LOL... hung with Jimmy after the new move back up in the ranks...Jimmy still is cool with the guy, I think), and realizes he is still as cool as he used to be... Back in the day I thought Jimmy could just restore back to the way things were if he felt worthy... I wonder who I could be taking about LOL... No, im not asking... And honestly im just happy to be a part of this great thing, and able to meet guys i've met and first started with in this hobby, actually many long time friends (at least in my eyes)... Like I said, im not asking but i am always willing to help this board whenever I can, even without the title, I would help out doing things if/when others are not around...Like honorary helper, but waiting till others feel he is worthy kinda thing... For those that dont know, I was a mod on this site, and yes I am willing to assist without the title... Just to show my love for this board, if I was ever needed... Maybe that doesn't make sense but I always take this as our baby from back in the day... We all helped make this board the best of the best in this hobby, and I really mean that... Noone can even come close to competing with ISOC and I will do everything in my power to keep it the best!!!!

Señor JDR of Medellin
08-28-2014, 08:12 PM
True....I rememeber chilling with El Toro and he was like why am I green probationary...Then all of a sudden we are all hanging and he changed from Green probie to Purple probie.... He said, great I can deal with that! LOL...

What about a guy that used to be a moderator, left a while and started off on Blue again... Met Jimmy and plenty of Blue, Purple etc... Even helped bring this site up back in the day... If he is now green again, will give an oath, right hand on the bible of JDR! LOL... hung with Jimmy after the new move back up in the ranks...Jimmy still is cool with the guy, I think), and realizes he is still as cool as he used to be... Back in the day I thought Jimmy could just restore back to the way things were if he felt worthy...

When it comes to guys, I have the worst judgement on Earth

I pushed for the following guys for B.O.D.

Black Sultan
EastCoastAllStar
Klockman
BugBoy
Plumber

I will let the others vote for all advancement.

I got extremely lucky with those I made my Moderators.

Señor JDR of Medellin
08-28-2014, 08:15 PM
I understand things come up and people go away, but for the record, I been here since Day #1 and all my Mods been here continuously as well and many, many dozens of other guys.

Even a few that are not here much, came on to say they wouldn't be here much, but still pop in from time to time.

Everyone but Mods get voted in.

BlueDevil
08-28-2014, 08:15 PM
When it comes to guys, I have the worst judgement on Earth

I pushed for the following guys for B.O.D.

Black Sultan
EastCoastAllStar
Klockman
BugBoy
Plumber

I will let the others vote for all advancement.

I got extremely lucky with those I made my Moderators.

Don't be so hard on yourself, Jimmy... you're only human... :lol:

Señor JDR of Medellin
08-28-2014, 08:19 PM

Bad luck maybe?

Not understanding the question I asked in a PM?

Being drunk?

No idea?

BrooklynBeas
08-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself, Jimmy... you're only human... :lol:

And you made me a mod... So you werent all wrong with your decisions... LOL

Like I said, I dont know if it's possible, but im willing to help without the title, just to help!

Maybe like remove or edit posts that shouldnt be here, or combine threads if needed, or whatever, just as a backup if mods are on trips or if you need me... Not sure if its possible or if it could be done or even wanted to be done, but im here to help all if/when called upon... OK, hope the original statement didn't come off wrong, to make it clear, Im here for ya,if you're not sure, not asking for a promo or something...

BorisDaBulletDodger
08-28-2014, 08:50 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I never realized I could of changed it, just thought there was like high standards or some test I had to take

greydread
08-28-2014, 09:52 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl: I never realized I could of changed it, just thought there was like high standards or some test I had to take

High standards. Test. There's an idea. We should meet for dinner and have candidates eat out a 200 peso Ho and then finish their plate of fish heads.

madvillian
08-28-2014, 10:20 PM
High standards. Test. There's an idea. We should meet for dinner and have candidates eat out a 200 peso Ho and then finish their plate of fish heads.

fuckin' degenerate.......where can I apply :D?

Apos
08-28-2014, 10:41 PM
It still goes on....and it's still amusing ;)

I know I'm never moving higher but I know that I have all I need where I am...and I'm glad and grateful for that! :bigthumbup:

I swear some dudes are like the chicas up in here..

Its just never enough....

the best though are the dudes who used to petition Jimmy to move up, almost begging for it like a puta for a Propina.
that was some pitiful but funny shit..

tgunz
08-28-2014, 10:48 PM
It still goes on....and it's still amusing ;)

I know I'm never moving higher but I know that I have all I need where I am...and I'm glad and grateful for that! :bigthumbup:

Its going on right now in this thread!! :/

tgunz
08-28-2014, 10:49 PM
And you made me a mod... So you werent all wrong with your decisions... LOL

Like I said, I dont know if it's possible, but im willing to help without the title, just to help!

Maybe like remove or edit posts that shouldnt be here, or combine threads if needed, or whatever, just as a backup if mods are on trips or if you need me... Not sure if its possible or if it could be done or even wanted to be done, but im here to help all if/when called upon... OK, hope the original statement didn't come off wrong, to make it clear, Im here for ya,if you're not sure, not asking for a promo or something...

Let me translate.. please, pretty please... pick me, pick me! Lol... just fucking with you Beas..

greydread
08-28-2014, 10:51 PM
fuckin' degenerate.......where can I apply :D?
That's me. Old dirty bastard and I like both fish heads and 200 peso Putas when I can get them. :lol:

Señor JDR of Medellin
08-28-2014, 10:52 PM
Its going on right now in this thread!! :/

I haven't noticed.:rofl:

greydread
08-28-2014, 11:22 PM
To me, the spirit of this board has always been Guys making the journey a bit easier for the Guys who travel behind them. From the 1st time I signed on here I saw a wealth of information and I joined up as a subscriber pretty quick. The fact that I've been able to meet up with other board members to roll with while we do what we do was an unexpected bonus.

There are some here whom I hold in very high esteem and that's no accident. A lot of very reliable, well traveled members have left the board, left the hobby or left the planet but there are new Guys coming on board all the time and many of them have the courtesy of depositing as much knowledge as or more than they take away. They make it easy to vote for higher level access. Others treat the board like some kind of social club and are only concerned with their virtual social standing. I have no idea what kind of thrill they get out of that and to me that is not what access levels are there for. To me they represent a level of trust wherein sensitive matters can be discussed without hearing that shit all over the street.

This hobby in and of itself is a reason to attract the wrong kind of attention and there are some things that I share only with those whom I feel are trustworthy and whose agenda are, like mine limited to staying informed with the most current information applicable to getting the most value out of their vacation time and money. I post pictures of my face in Purple as well as the Chicas who stand to have their lives disrupted if their identities are compromised. Totally bucket neked goes into green for random casa and street Ho's and Ho's who are already out there go into regular paid access sections. Everybody has their own comfort zones. Mine works for me. Security is more of an issue for some here than for others.

Seriously, what board has access based on demonstrated levels of trust? This is not a personality contest, it's a pragmatic approach to making members comfortable enough to maximize their contributions and so far it's working pretty well so if Guys come on here, share new info with others, stay away from Chica/ monger related drama and demonstrate trustworthiness they'll have my vote and I suspect those of most others.

Dave Diaz
08-28-2014, 11:23 PM

NAAA i'm not probationary, I'm a probie. :corky:

Which is all fine by me because I know i'm only green because they thought I was REALLY dominican all this time. Lucky for me real dominicans have taken a hold of the board and I can just ride the wave with it in my name going unnoticed ;)

thunderstar
08-29-2014, 04:06 PM
This board is like the masons - deep, twisted and we all have our secrets.

Will we ever discover what happens in HQ?

Señor JDR of Medellin
08-29-2014, 05:33 PM
This board is like the masons - deep, twisted and we all have our secrets.

Nothing happens there.

ErikS
08-29-2014, 06:05 PM

I showed your wife late one night. Glad she can keep a secret! :wink: :corky:

And hey mi amigo, if you two decide to reurn to this enchanted isle (and I really hope you do), I've come across not one, but TWO pairs (yes pairs) of damas that I believe you guys would enjoy immensely! I might even post pics of them in a new trip report (in HQ of course). :lol:

Hope all is well and the leg allows you back out on the "pitch" my friend (I learned that term from Weyland while watching the WC w him).

thunderstar
08-29-2014, 10:47 PM
I showed your wife late one night. Glad she can keep a secret! :wink: :corky:

And hey mi amigo, if you two decide to reurn to this enchanted isle (and I really hope you do), I've come across not one, but TWO pairs (yes pairs) of damas that I believe you guys would enjoy immensely! I might even post pics of them in a new trip report (in HQ of course). :lol:

Hope all is well and the leg allows you back out on the "pitch" my friend (I learned that term from Weyland while watching the WC w him).

Erik - for a member of HQ to spend time with Mrs Thunderstar - I feel truly privileged and honored!
During that time you spent with her - did you notice that after the first 3 inch's - it was all like new?

The leg is all pretty good now thank you - Ill always have a limp - but hey - I can walk. Dont do much running, but im not really built to run anyway.

Coming back to the DR? Its a difficult one - we love the beach, the atmosphere, the grumpy old Brit up the road, the cool Brit up the road in the other direction ( you guys can fight out who's who ) but for us - we have been chasing the dragon for our last few vacations there.
Perhaps its us - perhaps its the town - maybe we are just a bit bored of it.

That said - if we do go back in that direction - we will make sure our dates are the same as when you are in country and hopefully we can meet you and your new friends!

Jimmydr
02-20-2017, 06:13 PM
Lets review this.

Westy
02-21-2017, 11:04 AM
Lets review this.
From my perch, low in the undergrowth but still above the swamp, it looks pretty straightforward as it is.

As Greydread said, a few posts up, it's a matter of trust, and of contributions to the board. (Ask not what your Board can do for you, ask what you can do for your Board.) It may be complicated a bit, because of the factually-anonymous character of a vBulletin forum ... beyond your screen-name and perhaps an avatar that tickles your fancy, you are what you post. What you say here, what stories you tell here, what pictures you post here ... that is all the members know of you, and that is all we have by which to judge the worth of a fellow member.

The other thing is that membership in the upper levels is at the discretion of the members of those upper levels. The nomination and the vote all take place "behind the Purple Curtain," and the favored ones don't even know until the day they log on and see that their screen-name has changed color. The bar gets raised higher for each level, and that's entirely appropriate; a probie's posts and pictures may be enough to prove him worthy of Green, but it's reasonable and proper to refrain from nominating a candidate to BoD until a few BoD (or higher) members have spent some time out on the prowl with him, enough to judge that he might be worth bringing into BoD.

99+ percent of the content of this board is on Trip Reports level or below. I have posted very little in Green, and perhaps I should be ashamed of that, but it's mainly because I haven't done anything (or taken photos of anyone) that I felt I ought to post, but that I needed to hide from the general Trip Reports public. (Why would I 'need' to post photos of fellow members, or of chicas who fear to be outed by a snitch?) I've been pitching my TRs for the widest possible audience, and I just hope that you guys have found them informative and helpful, or at least, entertaining.

My TL/DR? It's good to revisit this, but we don't need to revise it.

BlueDevil
02-22-2017, 12:36 PM
I believe the written BoD requirements served us rather well during our last nomination. My vote would be to keep things as they are.

whynotme
02-22-2017, 12:48 PM
I believe the written BoD requirements served us rather well during our last nomination. My vote would be to keep things as they are.

I think jimmy meant ' lets review this' as in let the new guys review it and see how to move up the ranks........ at least I hope so as I know hunter spent a lot of time and effort it perfecting the details to make everyone happy:clap::clap2::iconTU:

BlueDevil
02-22-2017, 04:27 PM
I think jimmy meant ' lets review this' as in let the new guys review it and see how to move up the ranks........ at least I hope so as I know hunter spent a lot of time and effort it perfecting the details to make everyone happy:clap::clap2::iconTU:

Thank God, we have a certified Jimmy translator on board. :lol:

whynotme
02-22-2017, 04:45 PM
Thank God, we have a certified Jimmy translator on board. :lol:

kevy usually does that but he is hard at work today :eek:

Westy
02-22-2017, 04:49 PM
And, considering where you are right now, plus your recent medical history ...

You are probably "soft" at work, or right now (0430 Pattaya time), more likely "soft" in bed ...

But I hope it gets "hard" for you while you're still in Pattaya! :corky:

jacknback
02-22-2017, 07:07 PM
This must be one of the 45 days a year he hAS to actually show up.

Kevy
02-22-2017, 07:08 PM

everyday! do you need some lessons? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

whynotme
02-22-2017, 09:27 PM
everyday! do you need some lessons? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: too late for me as I am on my way out but if you have the time and patience you can mentor a couple of my kids:lol:

just what you need eh................ new apprentices :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kevy
02-22-2017, 09:53 PM
:rofl::rofl: too late for me as I am on my way out but if you have the time and patience you can mentor a couple of my kids:lol:

just what you need eh................ new apprentices :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is what I do all day:rolleyes:

MrHappy
02-23-2017, 06:35 AM
That is what I do all day:rolleyes:

Apprentice? Are you related to the Donald??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

jacknback
02-23-2017, 06:15 PM
So that's where all of Canadas deficit is coming from? :rofl:

whynotme
02-23-2017, 07:14 PM
So that's where all of Canadas deficit is coming from? :rofl:

no its coming from the provincial liberals under premier wynne..................

questner
02-23-2017, 08:27 PM
no its coming from the provincial liberals under premier wynne..................

it's time to deport them

75% capital gains inclusion rate and an increase of the retirement age both are in the works for the nearest budget in March, at least these are the rumours :mad:

Jimmydr
02-23-2017, 08:34 PM
it's time to deport them

75% capital gains inclusion rate and an increase of the retirement age both are in the works for the nearest budget in March, at least these are the rumours :mad:

What is the age? 65?

There are so many over 70 year olds working.

whynotme
02-23-2017, 08:34 PM
it's time to deport them

ya if anyone needs to be impeached its the liberals as they have no common sence and no economical platform to return us to a balanced budget let alone a surplus one and are driving us into bankruptcy :mad::icontd:
soon we will Greece west:eek::icontd:

CentralNJDude
02-23-2017, 08:36 PM
Yeah and we will the be Greece South to your Greece west with a projected deficit increase in trillions of dollars. We may need the Martians to start buying our govt bonds..:biggrin:

texcowboy
08-13-2019, 06:16 PM
We have several different levels of access on this board -- Public, Trip Reports, Green, BoD, and Admin.

"Public" is the section you found when you first discovered the board. "Trip Reports" is pay-to-view, as you already know.

"Green," and above it, "BoD," are granted by the Board of Directors. It's a matter of trust, and (I believe) of the BoD deciding you're adding enough value through your pictures and trip-reports, to be worth adding to the next level.

But seriously, the most "meat" on this board is in the Trip Reports section.

I think I should be elevated to GREEN status for waking the sleeping board in my 1st thread!! :)

yayow
08-13-2019, 06:21 PM
I think I should be elevated to GREEN status for waking the sleeping board in my 1st thread!! :)

Hmmmm.... Was it sleeping?

whynotme
08-13-2019, 06:42 PM

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?413936-07-2012-GREEN-BOD-AND-HQ-MEMBERSHIP-REQUIREMENTS-EFFECTIVE-JULY-27-2012/page5

Jimmydr
08-13-2019, 06:53 PM

Doesn't work that way. We never sleep.

Jimmydr
08-13-2019, 07:01 PM

After you are here a year and post 3 reports, maybe someone will nominate you.:confused::confused::confused:

Westy
08-13-2019, 07:13 PM

After you are here a year and post 3 reports, maybe someone will nominate you.:confused::confused::confused:

And we're expecting a lot of you, Tex. We don't want to find out you're all hat and no cattle. :wink:

Jimmydr
08-13-2019, 07:18 PM
And we're expecting a lot of you, Tex. We don't want to find out you're all hat and no cattle. :wink:

We just hope he posts a few reports and stays active.

XXX
08-13-2019, 08:17 PM

Worse thing you can do is ASK to be moved up,,,,

Or say YOU THINK you should be moved up ,,,,

That usually moves you in the opposite direction ,,,,,,or delays advancement ,,,,

Just sayin,,,,,,,

Jimmydr
08-13-2019, 08:19 PM

That usually moves you in the opposite direction ,,,,,,or delays advancement ,,,,

Just sayin,,,,,,,

NEVER ASK TO BE MOVED UP!!!

whynotme
08-13-2019, 08:20 PM

That usually moves you in the opposite direction ,,,,,,

or delays advancement ,,,,

Just sayin,,,,,,,

yup
yup
yup
and yup :rofl:

XXX
08-13-2019, 08:25 PM
NEVER ASK TO BE MOVED UP!!!

Just ask Beas ,,,,,,,,:rolleyes::lol::rofl:

camaro1257
08-13-2019, 08:26 PM

Just sayin,,,,,,,

If you get promoted it's best to be...

...SURPRISED...haaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Jimmydr
08-13-2019, 08:28 PM

Twice he disappeared

gdogg
08-13-2019, 10:01 PM

The thread was good, but come on...you may be Tony Mandarich. :hand:

jacknback
08-14-2019, 06:17 PM
I was told that if I asked to go any higher yimmy would send a hitman to Angeles to take care of me.

Hmmm....is that why you're going to Angeles in Sept. wnm? If so hahahaha I won't be there.

j_d66
08-15-2019, 02:03 AM

The thread was good, but come on...you may be Tony Mandarich. :hand:

its the guys already in green and above that are elevating the thread

but its ok tex. I put my first trip report to sosua in the awesome trip reports area not realizing that it gets moved there by those who deem it worthy

put up a kick ass trip report on sosua and you might get there one day

but understand those colors are earned

Japanese Jimmy
08-17-2019, 12:11 PM

Gone again

minkyboodle
08-17-2019, 12:39 PM
Here is another one to keep track of.... Domo Arrigato mr jimmy