PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone made the trip from punta cana to sosua

pan head
08-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Here is a wild hair but has any members made a trip from punta to sosua is it doeable how did you do it rent a car,Bus,Train how was the trip
Thanks
Panhead

WickedWillie
08-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm not sure but I have heard that the taxi service from that region to Sosua is very reasonable.:confused::confused::confused::wink:

deezl
08-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure but I have heard that the taxi service from that region to Sosua is very reasonable.:confused::confused::confused::wink:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

TNT72
08-09-2012, 01:36 PM

Awwwww Fuck!!!!! Just can't let it go, can you?????

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
08-09-2012, 02:05 PM
American Airlines will FLY you to Punta Cana from Puerto Plata or Vice Versa, for only $1400 (via Miami)

http://www.kayak.com/#/flights/POP-PUJ/2012-08-23-flexible/2012-08-30-flexible

So there is THAT.....

pan head
08-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks Judge How about a fresca
Panhead

greydread
08-09-2012, 03:22 PM
American Airlines will FLY you to Punta Cana from Puerto Plata or Vice Versa, for only $1400 (via Miami)

http://www.kayak.com/#/flights/POP-PUJ/2012-08-23-flexible/2012-08-30-flexible

So there is THAT.....

C'mon, Man.....

http://www.dominicanshuttles.com/regular_flights.php?shuttle=PUJ_(Punta_Cana_Airport)_to_POP_(Puerto_Plata_Airport)

greydread
08-09-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.aerodomca.com/servicios.html

MrHappy
08-09-2012, 06:38 PM

:rofl:

Wow. Do you know somebody that did that?????? Oh.. wait......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

pan head
08-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Well I am a little slow on the uptake someone did do this and it cost more then if they had just bought a ticket or got robbed or never made it am I picking up what is being put down.
Panhead :biggrin:

MrHappy
08-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Well I am a little slow on the uptake someone did do this and it cost more then if they had just bought a ticket or got robbed or never made it am I picking up what is being put down.

Mindless banter between some of us friends. Ignore us.

You can do it, but it's like a 6 hour trip (at least) and can easily cost a couple hundred bucks by taxi. I dread to imagine it by bus.

The other links by Greydread are obviously the way to go. Short puddle jumper flight and you're in Sosua.

TNT72
08-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Wow. Do you know somebody that did that?????? Oh.. wait......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Worth every penny!!! Paid off ten fold on the Spanish I learned.

(plus she fucked the dog shit out of me every day, whenever I wanted!!)

TNT72
08-09-2012, 07:11 PM

I imported a chica from Higuey. She wouldn't take the 6 or 7 hour bus ride to meet me, so I paid $200 US for her to come to Cabarete.

Just take your standby flight to STI. That will be the cheapest, quickest and easiest for you.

JDR
08-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Mindless banter between some of us friends. Ignore us.

You can do it, but it's like a 6 hour trip (at least) and can easily cost a couple hundred bucks by taxi. I dread to imagine it by bus.

The other links by Greydread are obviously the way to go. Short puddle jumper flight and you're in Sosua.

I would never fly with their domestic airlines.

JDR
08-09-2012, 07:15 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

They let nothing go on here, unless you are dead, of course.

JDR
08-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Here is a wild hair but has any members made a trip from punta to sosua is it doeable how did you do it rent a car,Bus,Train how was the trip
Thanks
Panhead

Why would you waste your time doing that? why would you pick Punta cana?

pan head
08-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I would not get in a cessna170 in the states unless I inspected it so hell no in a country that if you crashed thay would not even bother to look for you .
Thanks guys like I said just a wild hair.
Panhead

pan head
08-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Well I can fly on my own airline right from my city to punta cana pop and sti requires me to fly on a diffrent airline and have no way to check if the flight is full just go on a wing and a prayer
Panhead

greydread
08-09-2012, 07:30 PM

I have flown domestic air from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo after taking the bus from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana. It was one of the most pleasant air travel experiences I've had (this is from a USAF vet) and I guarrantee that I'll never take that bus trip again.

There are no chickens or goats on domestic passenger flights within the DR and the other passengers are not the kind of Dominicans who applaud when the plane lands. Leave your preconceived notions on the ground and just enjoy the professionalism of the people who provide these services.

Jimmydr
08-09-2012, 07:34 PM
I have flown domestic air from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo after taking the bus from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana. It was one of the most pleasant air travel experiences I've had (this is from a USAF vet) and I guarrantee that I'll never take that bus trip again.

There are no chickens or goats on domestic passenger flights within the DR and the other passengers are not the kind of Dominicans who applaud when the plane lands. Leave your preconceived notions on the ground and just enjoy the professionalism of the people who provide these services.

Every year 100's of planes from third world countries crash but unless there are foreigners on board, they never make the news. I will stick with real airlines.

greydread
08-09-2012, 07:35 PM
I would not get in a cessna170 in the states unless I inspected it so hell no in a country that if you crashed thay would not even bother to look for you .
Thanks guys like I said just a wild hair.
Panhead

That is hardly an informed opinion. Get to know the Country a little better. There are premier services available for those who can afford them. When I hear about guys taking 4/5 hour $200 taxi rides instead of a 35 minute $100 plane ride it makes me wonder....:confused:

Jimmydr
08-09-2012, 07:37 PM
That is hardly an informed opinion. Get to know the Country a little better. There are premier services available for those who can afford them. When I hear about guys taking 4/5 hour $200 taxi rides instead of a 35 minute $100 plane ride it makes me wonder....:confused:

I can tell you that if a Domestic plane in Dr crashes, they won't pay anyone for the lose. They may not even give a shit.

greydread
08-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Every year 100's of planes from third world countries crash but unless there are foreigners on board, they never make the news. I will stick with real airlines.

Trust me. Your fellow passengers on these airlines are people whose loss would make "the news".

Oh nevamind...stick with your $200 10 hour taxi ride. More leg room on the plane for me....:p

Jimmydr
08-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Trust me. Your fellow passengers on these airlines are people whose loss would make "the news".

Oh nevamind...stick with your $200 10 hour taxi ride. More leg room on the plane for me....:p

Usually if I go on a 1 week vacation, I stay in that general area and don't waste days bouncing around.

greydread
08-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Usually if I go on a 1 week vacation, I stay in that general area and don't waste days bouncing around.

True but my last 3 trips were 2 weeks or more. I get itchy pants.

Jimmydr
08-09-2012, 07:46 PM

Its funny but I can get lost in a place for a month. I have been on three trips that were a month long.

greydread
08-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Its funny but I can get lost in a place for a month. I have been on three trips that were a month long.

I can't do that without changing islands. The DR/JA split is working fine for me so far but I gotta get around more. I want to try Martinique. I've met some fine honeys from there. If I get enough cabbage together to do an African tour it will be for at least 8 weeks and cover at least 4 Countries.

TNT72
08-09-2012, 07:52 PM

When I get itchy pants, I usually go grab......

http://ridlice.com/products.html?WT.mc_id=RBBS120656&WT.srch=1

:corky::corky::corky:

Jimmydr
08-09-2012, 07:55 PM
I can't do that without changing islands. The DR/JA split is working fine for me so far but I gotta get around more. I want to try Martinique. I've met some fine honeys from there. If I get enough cabbage together to do an African tour it will be for at least 8 weeks and cover at least 4 Countries.

I have no problem staying put in one place that may have 100,000 or more women between 18-29.

greydread
08-09-2012, 08:02 PM
When I get itchy pants, I usually go grab......

http://ridlice.com/products.html?WT.mc_id=RBBS120656&WT.srch=1

:corky::corky::corky:

I usually grab one of these...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/87594978acb4a3b17.jpg

:corky:

BorisDaBulletDodger
08-09-2012, 08:03 PM
If you got the huevos you can rent a car at the airport, and from what I understand IT has to be a company at the Punta Cana Airport and POP airport you can rent a car and return the car at the POP airport.

Keep in mind Gas is probably $5-6 a gallon over there right now

I am retarded enough to fly to SDQ and drive to Sosua, but Punta Cana driving from Punta Cana just to go to Sosua seems excessive. it takes me about 3.5 hours maybe from SDQ to Sosua, I would imagine from Punta Cana, and I don't know the directions, but might be 7-8 hours

greydread
08-09-2012, 08:04 PM
I have no problem staying put in one place that may have 100,000 or more women between 18-29.

NYC has a million of those. Why bother travelling at all?

Jimmydr
08-09-2012, 08:04 PM
If you got the huevos you can rent a car at the airport, and from what I understand IT has to be a company at the Punta Cana Airport and POP airport you can rent a car and return the car at the POP airport.

Keep in mind Gas is probably $5-6 a gallon over there right now

I am retarded enough to fly to SDQ and drive to Sosua, but Punta Cana driving from Punta Cana just to go to Sosua seems excessive. it takes me about 3.5 hours maybe from SDQ to Sosua, I would imagine from Punta Cana, and I don't know the directions, but might be 7-8 hours

Keep in mind that if you are in an accident, they will arrest you as well.

Jimmydr
08-09-2012, 08:05 PM
NYC has a million of those. Why bother travelling at all?

Because all them won't fuck me, most of them will ignore me, some will spit on me and a few will hit me.

TNT72
08-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Because all them won't fuck me, most of them will ignore me, some will spit on me and a few will hit me.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rubicon
08-09-2012, 08:15 PM

I once took a helicopter from Punta Cana to SD and back. Perfectly fine trip.

pan head, I drove from Puerto Plata to Higuey (about 25 minutes west of Punta Cana) and, IIRC, it took 6 1/2 hours. If you factor in the cost of a car rental, gas, stop offs for drink and eat, as greydread suggested, you'd be better of flying from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata airport and cabbing it over to Sosua from there.

BorisDaBulletDodger
08-09-2012, 08:26 PM
I once took a helicopter from Punta Cana to SD and back. Perfectly fine trip.

pan head, I drove from Puerto Plata to Higuey (about 25 minutes west of Punta Cana) and, IIRC, it took 6 1/2 hours. If you factor in the cost of a car rental, gas, stop offs for drink and eat, as greydread suggested, you'd be better of flying from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata airport and cabbing it over to Sosua from there.

From my trip last year I think

just got back tonight from SDQ, I would have came home yesterday if it wasn't for Avis.

I have used this code several times and it is great. However this is the first time I have ever had a serious problem with the car.

After reading many posts, I came prepared. I took time stamped pictures of all the dings dents and damages before I recieved the car. I also charged this on my American Express card which seemed to be the best coverage around. After the inspection noticed the traditional Dominican test of opening the trunk and smacking the spare tire like smacking a Puta's ass to ensure that it is a good spare.

Anyway I took the new Highway from SDQ to Sosua which was an awesome drive. The last day we pack and head to the SDQ and left Sosua around 12:45pm. On my return drive east of by looking at the map, north of Cabrera, I hit a pothole going about 100kph. It took out both tires especially the rear which was completely flat. The front tire was leaking and losing air fast.

We decide to attempt to change the tire that is completely flat, as fast as possible, and haul ass to the next town, and keep filling it up with air, until we find a place to find a tire repair store. We get the jack, and all the tools. Well the important lesson here is when the guy smacks the tire, make sure the jack fits the lug nuts on the car. We could not get the nuts off to change the tire. Better yet, we had no cell phone service on any of our phones, All of us had Claro chips and even Verizon did not work.

What made all of this worse was this was the last day of the Carnival which apparently is a big deal everywhere in the DR. After careful thinking, we decided to either stop a passing car, or better yet, send our friend on the next available motoconcho to the next town. The first motorcycle we got to stop was not a concho, but just a nice man. He took our friend who speaks the most spanish and he was off. He basically went to the next town which was close by, and got a tire iron, and a large hand bicycle pump. I thought he was nutz but he asked me to pump up the leaking tire, and he changed the flat to the donut. We then got the car to moveable condition. I am not sure what town we were in, but it was one of those small towns you drive through, and several dozen people are just sitting outside. We return the pump to one casa, and the jack to the other and we were off.

We stop by a gas station, and there were many chicas eye fucking us, which sucked, since we were running out of time. But we pump up with more air and we are off. We finally get to Cabrera and find a tire repair store, which we may have never found without this guys help. A little kid jumps out of the pick up truck and asked us to call the number on the door. We called several times, but apparently he was away for the Carnival. We got nervous since we establish an "Ow Shit time" of 3:30pm of getting these tires replaced and making it to the Airport in time. We must have been in that town for about 35 minutes where coincedently the tire repair man showed up. We thought we were going to get raped, and might have but it wasn't as bad as we thought. It was $150 Pesos to repair the tire, and $700 pesos for a very good looking, but used tire.

We are off and confident of making our flight. We get on the new highway, pay the first toll and haul ass. A wierd sound is coming from the car, and we realize the fixed tire is flat again. We have no jack again, and now we know for sure we are in the middle of no where. If you know the highway, it is about 40km from SDQ and it is the part where all the dead palm trees are and it looks like the land of the dead.

At this point we tried hitchhiking which was a huge failure. Our game plan was to just make it to a point where we can either have some drive us to the airport, or close enough to the airport and take a cab and abandon the car, and have AVis figure it out.

The good thing was that SDQ was close, and we had cell phone service this time and were able to talk to Avis the whole time. I am not sure who he was but somebody stopped, with army gear on. He called the flat bed from the toll booth, and apparenty this is a free service on this highway. We talked to him and he mentioned regular Domincans cannot afford this highway, and it is either rich people, or tourist, and that hitchhiking out here is useless. Anyway the flat bed got us to the next stop which of course was available to change the tire to the spare again. We break off many peso's to the people who helped as propina, and we were off again, at this point, we might be late, but still had a fighting chance by some miracle, or at least change cars at Avis to another car. I start the car and the battery is dead. Probably from leaving the hazaard lights on. We opened the hood, and the guy mentioned that it was a motorcycle battery.

Well we finally found jumper cables, but at this point, it was so far dead, that it took about 20 minutes to get started. We know for sure the flight is gone by now. Anyway we got back, and they exchanged us for the nicest car they had, and told us to complain to the manager on duty the next day, since the guy couldn't help us at night. We left the car with about a half tank of gas but did not want to shut off the car, and felt we had enough to yell at them, and they won't have the balls to charge us the gas.

I carefully yelled and complained to the manager, showed him pictures and video of the car and the jack not fitting any of the nuts and license plate. She tried to give me a 35% discount. I complained that the new airplane ticket was $300 each, and the hotel was $50 blah blah blah. She gave us the car for free. I tried to get some kind of voucher, but felt I was getting too greedy. I will try through the american side of Avis.com. I made it clear that either they can make it free, or not get paid by American Express.

So the lesson is

Always check the policy of your CC coverage.
Take pictures of all damages with time stamp of previous damages.
Check the spare tire, and make sure the jack fits the nuts
Check the car battery to make sure it is not motorcycle battery.
of course more might be added later.

I will report if they try to add any charges, or if Avis gives me any more to make it right.

Blog this Post (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/blog_post.php?do=newblog&p=913466) http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/clear.gifReply With Quote (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=913466) http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/buttons/multiquote_40b.png (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=913466) (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/reputation.php?do=addreputation&p=913466) (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/report.php?p=913466)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post

greydread
08-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I usually grab one of these...

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/87594978acb4a3b17.jpg)

:corky:

Another angle...or two....

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/87594978acb372b0c.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/87594978acb71d45f.jpg

greydread
08-09-2012, 08:43 PM
From my trip last year I think

just got back tonight from SDQ, I would have came home yesterday if it wasn't for Avis.

I have used this code several times and it is great. However this is the first time I have ever had a serious problem with the car.

After reading many posts, I came prepared. I took time stamped pictures of all the dings dents and damages before I recieved the car. I also charged this on my American Express card which seemed to be the best coverage around. After the inspection noticed the traditional Dominican test of opening the trunk and smacking the spare tire like smacking a Puta's ass to ensure that it is a good spare.

Anyway I took the new Highway from SDQ to Sosua which was an awesome drive. The last day we pack and head to the SDQ and left Sosua around 12:45pm. On my return drive east of by looking at the map, north of Cabrera, I hit a pothole going about 100kph. It took out both tires especially the rear which was completely flat. The front tire was leaking and losing air fast.

We decide to attempt to change the tire that is completely flat, as fast as possible, and haul ass to the next town, and keep filling it up with air, until we find a place to find a tire repair store. We get the jack, and all the tools. Well the important lesson here is when the guy smacks the tire, make sure the jack fits the lug nuts on the car. We could not get the nuts off to change the tire. Better yet, we had no cell phone service on any of our phones, All of us had Claro chips and even Verizon did not work.

What made all of this worse was this was the last day of the Carnival which apparently is a big deal everywhere in the DR. After careful thinking, we decided to either stop a passing car, or better yet, send our friend on the next available motoconcho to the next town. The first motorcycle we got to stop was not a concho, but just a nice man. He took our friend who speaks the most spanish and he was off. He basically went to the next town which was close by, and got a tire iron, and a large hand bicycle pump. I thought he was nutz but he asked me to pump up the leaking tire, and he changed the flat to the donut. We then got the car to moveable condition. I am not sure what town we were in, but it was one of those small towns you drive through, and several dozen people are just sitting outside. We return the pump to one casa, and the jack to the other and we were off.

We stop by a gas station, and there were many chicas eye fucking us, which sucked, since we were running out of time. But we pump up with more air and we are off. We finally get to Cabrera and find a tire repair store, which we may have never found without this guys help. A little kid jumps out of the pick up truck and asked us to call the number on the door. We called several times, but apparently he was away for the Carnival. We got nervous since we establish an "Ow Shit time" of 3:30pm of getting these tires replaced and making it to the Airport in time. We must have been in that town for about 35 minutes where coincedently the tire repair man showed up. We thought we were going to get raped, and might have but it wasn't as bad as we thought. It was $150 Pesos to repair the tire, and $700 pesos for a very good looking, but used tire.

We are off and confident of making our flight. We get on the new highway, pay the first toll and haul ass. A wierd sound is coming from the car, and we realize the fixed tire is flat again. We have no jack again, and now we know for sure we are in the middle of no where. If you know the highway, it is about 40km from SDQ and it is the part where all the dead palm trees are and it looks like the land of the dead.

At this point we tried hitchhiking which was a huge failure. Our game plan was to just make it to a point where we can either have some drive us to the airport, or close enough to the airport and take a cab and abandon the car, and have AVis figure it out.

The good thing was that SDQ was close, and we had cell phone service this time and were able to talk to Avis the whole time. I am not sure who he was but somebody stopped, with army gear on. He called the flat bed from the toll booth, and apparenty this is a free service on this highway. We talked to him and he mentioned regular Domincans cannot afford this highway, and it is either rich people, or tourist, and that hitchhiking out here is useless. Anyway the flat bed got us to the next stop which of course was available to change the tire to the spare again. We break off many peso's to the people who helped as propina, and we were off again, at this point, we might be late, but still had a fighting chance by some miracle, or at least change cars at Avis to another car. I start the car and the battery is dead. Probably from leaving the hazaard lights on. We opened the hood, and the guy mentioned that it was a motorcycle battery.

Well we finally found jumper cables, but at this point, it was so far dead, that it took about 20 minutes to get started. We know for sure the flight is gone by now. Anyway we got back, and they exchanged us for the nicest car they had, and told us to complain to the manager on duty the next day, since the guy couldn't help us at night. We left the car with about a half tank of gas but did not want to shut off the car, and felt we had enough to yell at them, and they won't have the balls to charge us the gas.

I carefully yelled and complained to the manager, showed him pictures and video of the car and the jack not fitting any of the nuts and license plate. She tried to give me a 35% discount. I complained that the new airplane ticket was $300 each, and the hotel was $50 blah blah blah. She gave us the car for free. I tried to get some kind of voucher, but felt I was getting too greedy. I will try through the american side of Avis.com. I made it clear that either they can make it free, or not get paid by American Express.

So the lesson is

Always check the policy of your CC coverage.
Take pictures of all damages with time stamp of previous damages.
Check the spare tire, and make sure the jack fits the nuts
Check the car battery to make sure it is not motorcycle battery.
of course more might be added later.

I will report if they try to add any charges, or if Avis gives me any more to make it right.

Blog this Post (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/blog_post.php?do=newblog&p=913466) Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=913466)Reply With Quote Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=913466)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post

...and it all could have been so simple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x_QbVDlLbI

pan head
08-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks to all the first trip will be to Sti and then I will go from there I have a lot to learn jeez this is starting to feel like work but Iam kind of anal when it omes to travel and having options and backup plans.
Panhead