PDA

View Full Version : 08/2012 - El Cutivo on Pedro Clisente

SrSuerte
08-12-2012, 12:11 PM
They have come along futher with the construction since I shot this video. From the video you can see that this bar falls in between Rumba and Winners Circle.

For those that dont know. Winners Circle is the bar with the chica sitting on the motorcycle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0dK03BfhrE&feature=youtube

The bartenders from here are the same bartenders from Latinos when I was going there back in 2009. The young, slim, blonde is not working now. She said that she is going back to school.

They were not doing bottle service when I was there in July. I dont know if that will change. They also serve food. I have eaten there several times. Once was during the NBA Finals.

I guess we will see how they develope as time goes on.

They had some chairs on the sidewalk when I was there during August (2012). Just like Rumba and El Flow, you can sit and drink. The bartenders always took good care of me. I just like a strong drink. That is why I switched to buying a bottle.

SrSuerte
08-12-2012, 12:15 PM
You can also see the bar called, "Attitudes" in the backround before hitting play on the video.

hugrad95a
08-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Nah man the chicas there are from the old latinos bar...

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/578859_412597102119715_2065855369_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/394472_402031446512093_295479022_n.jpg

Rachel works at the steakhouse up the street.

SrSuerte
08-12-2012, 12:49 PM

Click to see pic (http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/578859_412597102119715_2065855369_n.jpg)

Click to see pic (http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/394472_402031446512093_295479022_n.jpg)

That is what I said!:rofl: :rolleyes:

daddyooo
08-12-2012, 04:30 PM

This is how it looked 2 years ago.54502

TNT72
08-12-2012, 04:49 PM

Click to see pic (http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/578859_412597102119715_2065855369_n.jpg)

Click to see pic (http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/394472_402031446512093_295479022_n.jpg)

Na Hu. Rachel is done at the steakhouse. She's with Myra at this bar.

SrSuerte
08-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Is this the chic with the deep voice?

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/578859_412597102119715_2065855369_n.jpg

BrooklynBeas
08-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Is is just me or is that shit owened by the mayor or mayor's wife... I have heard from a few people,one being Tarzan),that I should not spend my money there... Basically they are setting up a bar and catering to the people THE DO NOT LIKE!!

Of if something changed since January/Feb.. Please send me the info... I thought we had an informal boycott on the place..

If there are other places to go so close by, why give our money to the people that dont like us already when we can give it to other bars that dont mind what we do, as long as we have fun b4 selecting the girl of the night...

SrSuerte
08-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Is is just me or is that shit owened by the mayor or mayor's wife... I have heard from a few people,one being Tarzan),that I should not spend my money there... Basically they are setting up a bar and catering to the people THE DO NOT LIKE!!

Of if something changed since January/Feb.. Please send me the info... I thought we had an informal boycott on the place..

If there are other places to go so close by, why give our money to the people that dont like us already when we can give it to other bars that dont mind what we do, as long as we have fun b4 selecting the girl of the night...

De Veras?

JD426
08-12-2012, 05:51 PM

You talking about the EX mayor and his wife.. The current mayor is Iliana Neuman ,, a woman..
and someone who lives there can tell us more accurate info , but yes he bought it before he left office as I recall , all cash. and NO he does not hate mongers, why would he hate mongers and then open up a bar ? It was ILIANA who immediately when she took OFFICE started the Crackdown on the Bars on PC... Especially Latinos.
so I am curious what boycott you are referring to .
But, how a Dominican working on a civil service type salary got a hold of $400K cash to buy Mr Luis Hess's place, when it became available after his death , is a better question..
Let me shut up though..

TNT72
08-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Is this the chic with the deep voice?

Yeah. Thats her. Myra.

gulfmariner
08-12-2012, 06:57 PM
So not really paying much attention to the place when I was there a few weeks ago ( just noticed the construction ) whats the idea ? another bar or are they going to try to give classicos a run opening a disco ?

steviewonder
08-12-2012, 07:20 PM
You talking about the EX mayor and his wife.. The current mayor is Iliana Neuman ,, a woman..and someone who lives there can tell us more accurate info , but yes he bought it before he left office as I recall , all cash. and NO he does not hate mongers, why would he hate mongers and then open up a bar ? It was ILIANA who immediately when she took OFFICE started the Crackdown on the Bars on PC... Especially Latinos. so I am curious what boycott you are referring to .But, how a Dominican working on a civil service type salary got a hold of $400K cash to buy Mr Luis Hess's place, when it became available after his death , is a better question..
Let me shut up though..

The land, as well as the business is owned by a German resident. The deputy mayor Willy Olivences (el chamo) is the perfect local front man for the business. :wink:

WickedWillie
08-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Been told this bar is going to be called 'Sosua City Drink'.....WTF:confused::confused::confused:

JD426
08-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Been told this bar is going to be called 'Sosua City Drink'.....WTF:confused::confused::confused:

Sounds like a German Translation gone terribly Bad !? ...

getränkemarkt = Drink market, but would only be used for a MARKET where you BUY bottles or cases..
Trinken = Drinking

But a Bar would alwaye be BAR or Kneipe (Pub)..
but "Bar" can also be used to say CASH, like when you get the tab, you can pay with a Card, or BAR..
so maybe somebody was trying to avoid using the word Bar cause it also translates to CASH money ? ?:rofl:

I'm sitting here with 2 guys who are from Munich, and they are scratching their heads as well.

WickedWillie
08-14-2012, 12:22 PM
It's now in that bastion of accurate journalism Sosua News...so it must be right.:rofl::rofl:

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php

El-Rey
08-14-2012, 12:49 PM

Thats the name. They just hoisted the sign up two days ago. I forgot who I was told owns it, But I believe the land is owned by a former politician. That may be correct. Not sure if this place is gonna do good. Went in the bar a few weeks ago for all of 5min.. the ambiance was lame and the music was terrible.

Maybe it will change when its finished. Yes damn near all the girls are from the old latinos with two being girls who left WC.

j_d66
08-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Thats the name. They just hoisted the sign up two days ago. I forgot who I was told owns it, But I believe the land is owned by a former politician. That may be correct. Not sure if this place is gonna do good. Went in the bar a few weeks ago for all of 5min.. the ambiance was lame and the music was terrible.

Maybe it will change when its finished. Yes damn near all the girls are from the old latinos with two being girls who left WC.

I thought the place was going to be called POP at least that was the sign there at the end of July.
Sosua City Drink kinda a goofy name, I like POP better. I hung out there a couple of different nights when I was there in July. Not busy either time. The first time they were having major issues with the music transitions from song to song. The second time it was much better. Played alot of US music that night. The DJ was friendly and was taking requests. They were also messing with the lights which was a little annoying.

Bartenders were all pretty but seemed to have an attitude which seems to be the norm for lady bartenders in Sosua

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=53662&d=1344306944

I think it could be a fun place to hang out but we will see how it all turns out.

A good formula will be
Low drink prices
Good music
Lots of pretty chicas

deezl
08-14-2012, 01:05 PM

I thought they were calling it "Pop Bar"? Even had a sign up and everything...

Sosua City Drink?

que carajo?

El-Rey
08-14-2012, 01:11 PM
I thought the place was going to be called POP at least that was the sign there at the end of July.
Sosua City Drink kinda a goofy name, I like POP better. I hung out there a couple of different nights when I was there in July. Not busy either time. The first time they were having major issues with the music transitions from song to song. The second time it was much better. Played alot of US music that night. The DJ was friendly and was taking requests. They were also messing with the lights which was a little annoying.

Bartenders were all pretty but seemed to have an attitude which seems to be the norm for lady bartenders in Sosua

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=53662&d=1344306944)

I think it could be a fun place to hang out but we will see how it all turns out.

A good formula will be
Low drink prices
Good music
Lots of pretty chicas

Hey J_d, yea I think the first bar will be called pop bar still as that sign is still there. As well as the restaurant sign so Im not sure. I do know the disco is supposed to be in the house. The music issues were the same when I was there which was about the same time I am guessing. They couldnt get from song to song.

I used to go there for the Karoake nights a few times last year and it was pretty nice.

As far as the drinks, Latinos has now lowered there prices so we shall see how that goes. Not sure if many knew this but Merengue has happy hour from 4pm to 8pm.. Half price beers and cuba libres.. I honestly never saw the sign but stopped in with a few buddies the other day.

Mr. Smooth
08-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Hey J_d, yea I think the first bar will be called pop bar still as that sign is still there. As well as the restaurant sign so Im not sure. I do know the disco is supposed to be in the house. The music issues were the same when I was there which was about the same time I am guessing. They couldnt get from song to song.

I used to go there for the Karoake nights a few times last year and it was pretty nice.

As far as the drinks, Latinos has now lowered there prices so we shall see how that goes. Not sure if many knew this but Merengue has happy hour from 4pm to 8pm.. Half price beers and cuba libres.. I honestly never saw the sign but stopped in with a few buddies the other day.

Happy Hour at Merengue?? Guess somebody wants their share of the early evening pesos that Rumba has been raking in. Maybe they think if the guys stop in for happy hour, the chicas will follow.

SrSuerte
08-14-2012, 03:30 PM

I think Coronas are 150 so that would be 75 pesos. I dont know the cost of the other drinks. They stay pretty empty until right before Its time to go to Classicos.

blazaveli
08-14-2012, 04:40 PM
I didn't catch that Vibe. I've been cool with nost of those bartenders since they've worked at Latinos and they are sweethearts from my experience. from Rachel and her sister to Myra, they're all cool in my book. Actually I find most Sosua bartenders to be sweethearts.. Maybe I need to stop trying to fuck most of em :lol:

2 of the ones that work there were sent to keep an eye on me so they chilled in Classico with VP and I on Saturday night as we downed two bottles of Brugal. Great times.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=53662&d=1344306944)

A good formula will be
Low drink prices
Good music
Lots of pretty chicas

El-Rey
08-14-2012, 05:45 PM
I think Coronas are 150 so that would be 75 pesos. I dont know the cost of the other drinks. They stay pretty empty until right before Its time to go to Classicos.

Its 150 In classico. 100 Pesos for a pressy or cuba libre so a four hour happy hour with 50 pesos drinks isnt bad.

SrSuerte
08-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Its 150 In classico. 100 Pesos for a pressy or cuba libre so a four hour happy hour with 50 pesos drinks isnt bad.

That is good. I think we did more coronas and Brugal this trip. I did Presidentes on the beach or when I drank a grande with the chicas. I would have to watch one of the bartenders when she makes my drinks. I decided to ignore her on this last trip. I was just not up for whatever she was trying to do. I only liked the neck and down anyway.

longhairdontcare
08-14-2012, 06:06 PM
That is good. I think we did more coronas and Brugal this trip. I did Presidentes on the beach or when I drank a grande with the chicas. I would have to watch one of the bartenders when she makes my drinks. I decided to ignore her on this last trip. I was just not up for whatever she was trying to do. I only liked the neck and down anyway.

I think that worked, she was sweating you hard.

SrSuerte
08-14-2012, 06:07 PM
I think someone said a couple of WC waitresses were added to the crew. I guess that means that more pussy will be for sale too. I know the girls that were working there before are game to roll. I just never continued that route.

Are they still putting tables on the sidewalk? If I was crazy then I would go back this weekend.

BrooklynBeas
08-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Be nice if the chicas came up with a vagina happy hour, and im not talkin just 3some, im talkin the average ST rate, which at most should be 1500, would be 1500 for both chicas combined... From 4pm-7pm would work out just fine! Send them on their way after an hour or 2, then take a power nap, eat some dinner, and hit the next stop for ass!

Dunedain starting to rub off on me lol

El-Rey
08-14-2012, 06:21 PM
I think someone said a couple of WC waitresses were added to the crew. I guess that means that more pussy will be for sale too. I know the girls that were working there before are game to roll. I just never continued that route.

Are they still putting tables on the sidewalk? If I was crazy then I would go back this weekend.

The two who left WC are the ones who Wouldnt sell their pussy. Hence it clashed with WC managementr.. Dimari and the other pretty chic who used to man the register.

El-Rey
08-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Be nice if the chicas came up with a vagina happy hour, and im not talkin just 3some, im talkin the average ST rate, which at most should be 1500, would be 1500 for both chicas combined... From 4pm-7pm would work out just fine! Send them on their way after an hour or 2, then take a power nap, eat some dinner, and hit the next stop for ass!

Dunedain starting to rub off on me lol

Imma have to have a chica round table and discuss this. :iconTU:

sopranostingray
08-15-2012, 08:10 AM
The sign on Willy's bar went up yesterday...it's called Sosua Drink City. The most stupid fucken name you could come up with.

SeaWeed
08-15-2012, 09:01 AM
The sign on Willy's bar went up yesterday...it's called Sosua Drink City. The most stupid fucken name you could come up with.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

JD426
08-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Maybe the joke is on some of us, and they left out the comma after Sosua, and messed up the Vowel in Drink.

MrHappy
08-15-2012, 06:37 PM

There are quite a few bars in Santo Domingo with "Drink" in their name. I'm still trying to figure out the rational.

I'm sure it's a lost in translation thing.

Kinda like the bar west of Puerto Plata named "Scape" (pronounced "Es-cape" Escape, get it?)

El-Rey
08-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Finally found the thread. Figured since Im on the ground Ill thrownup a pic..

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj507/vpchill12/1ADE6799-E37C-45CA-9F4F-EDE7DA233772-17342-00000F44814FE597.jpg

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj507/vpchill12/5C85AE3A-D2BD-4A90-BC46-3A24AAAC54CC-17342-00000F447595DD83.jpg

SrSuerte
08-15-2012, 09:18 PM

Click to see pic (http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj507/vpchill12/1ADE6799-E37C-45CA-9F4F-EDE7DA233772-17342-00000F44814FE597.jpg)

Click to see pic (http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj507/vpchill12/5C85AE3A-D2BD-4A90-BC46-3A24AAAC54CC-17342-00000F447595DD83.jpg)

Thank you kindly Sir.

I see that they have still have the seats on the sidewalk.:iconTU:

El-Rey
08-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Thank you kindly Sir.

I see that they have still have the seats on the sidewalk.:iconTU:

No Doubt. As far as I know they want it like a Rumba / Classico combo..

Restaurant, Bar and Night club

bosshogg
08-15-2012, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=vpchill;1154144]Finally found the thread. Figured since Im on the ground Ill thrownup a pic..

Click to see pic (http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj507/vpchill12/1ADE6799-E37C-45CA-9F4F-EDE7DA233772-17342-00000F44814FE597.jpg)

Click to see pic (http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj507/vpchill12/5C85AE3A-D2BD-4A90-BC46-3A24AAAC54CC-17342-00000F447595DD83.jpg)[/QUOTE

It looks like it might have potential to be a nice lil spot if the music is popping. I'm gonna have to check it in October, but I know OG VP will be done ran thru it by then. Lol

El-Rey
08-15-2012, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=vpchill;1154144]Finally found the thread. Figured since Im on the ground Ill thrownup a pic..

Click to see pic (http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj507/vpchill12/5C85AE3A-D2BD-4A90-BC46-3A24AAAC54CC-17342-00000F447595DD83.jpg)[/QUOTE

It looks like it might have potential to be a nice lil spot if the music is popping. I'm gonna have to check it in October, but I know OG VP will be done ran thru it by then. Lol

Imma give it a shot when it opens but first round is on you in October ! :corky:

bosshogg
08-15-2012, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=gwill83;1154184]

Imma give it a shot when it opens but first round is on you in October ! :corky:

You already know...we be at the same spots for the most part so that's nothing. Looking forward to it.

TNT72
08-15-2012, 10:33 PM

Well, if it continues the tradition of POP, it will be poppin. To the point that you have to scream into the ear of the guy standing next to you so he can hear you.

I don't mind loud music. But Dominican loud music, I can't talk or hear in.

Mr. Smooth
08-16-2012, 05:45 AM
"So lets go get a few drinks down at the Drink".

"I'll meet you at the Drink about 10".

"Did you see that fine hoe at the Drink last night? Bitch was smokin'."

"Dude...I got fucked up at the Drink".

"Fuuuuuck.....theres some serious pink sittin' at the Drink".

Just trying it out for size. Will it ever catch on? Only time will tell.

Course, you can say that about pretty much anything! :corky:

MrHappy
08-16-2012, 06:37 AM

Click to see pic (http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj507/vpchill12/5C85AE3A-D2BD-4A90-BC46-3A24AAAC54CC-17342-00000F447595DD83.jpg)

I hope it stays like that, empty, all of the time.

That should not have been done to that house, IMHO, it should have been a museum.

El-Rey
08-16-2012, 07:38 AM

That should not have been done to that house, IMHO, it should have been a museum.

Funny, You are the fourth person to say that about the house.

SrSuerte
08-16-2012, 08:03 AM

Why? What's wrong with what has been done?

TNT72
08-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Why? What's wrong with what has been done?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the house use to belong to the guy that founded Sosua. He was Jewish, and Sosua was founded for a place for Jews from Germany could relocate during WWII.

JD426
08-16-2012, 10:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_VC8WZzz0&feature=related

Sidney
08-16-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm curious, is the owner or renter, Wily, still the Deputy Mayor of Sosua?:confused:

eldorob
08-16-2012, 08:30 PM

Don't worry. Downtown is doomed. Once the change comes they can reconstruct the original house.

cosi66
08-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Interesting video of Luis Hess.

I stayed at his hotel my initial visit to the Dominican Republic about 10 years ago. His hotel bordered the Atlantic Ocean below Banco Popular. It consisted of several free-standing buildings hidden at the end of the road behind a fence and shrubery. It was pristine ocean view property.

At that time I spoke to his wife and she stated that he was "the founder of tourism in Sosua."

He was smart to leave Germany when he did, to the DR, the only country that did not require a visa.

WickedWillie
09-03-2012, 07:26 AM

Name now changed to D'Latin Drink.

Sidney
09-03-2012, 07:48 AM

That will get them a lotta customers:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

El-Rey
09-03-2012, 08:04 AM

I got a text last night that Willie brought in 50 new girls just for the grand opening. He also had the politur force bobby at rumba to pull his sidewalk chairs in.

sopranostingray
09-03-2012, 08:15 AM
He also had the politur force bobby at rumba to pull his sidewalk chairs in.

Not true...has nothing to due with why the chairs and tables are not on the sidewalk. Also, the politure don't make the rules about sidewalks.

Sidney
09-03-2012, 08:27 AM
I got a text last night that Willie brought in 50 new girls just for the grand opening. He also had the politur force bobby at rumba to pull his sidewalk chairs in.

So who is running Sosua? I was told Wily was no mas Vice-Mayor?:confused::confused:

MyTio
09-03-2012, 09:29 AM
So who is running Sosua? I was told Wily was no mas Vice-Mayor?:confused::confused: who ever pay the most money that week is ruining sosua:biggrin:

JD426
09-03-2012, 10:05 AM

Why not just go all the way & call it "D'Quick Drink" up front
and "BB saloon" in the back ???

edit...

sorry, I meant "Raw Dog Saloon" in the back...

LOL

El-Rey
09-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Not true...has nothing to due with why the chairs and tables are not on the sidewalk. Also, the politure don't make the rules about sidewalks.

Well share because this has been an ongoing drama between Willie, Bobby, Latino and flow. The politur don't make the rules they just enforce whoever is making the decisions about the sidewalk tables. If you have more insight please share. I can only go off what I see and am told.

balcoach
09-03-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm curious, is the owner or renter, Wily, still the Deputy Mayor of Sosua?:confused:

From a reliable source, I have word that Willy is the front man/partner, but the majority of the $$ is coming in from a German investor.

But you never know.

sopranostingray
09-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Well share because this has been an ongoing drama between Willie, Bobby, Latino and flow. The politur don't make the rules they just enforce whoever is making the decisions about the sidewalk tables. If you have more insight please share. I can only go off what I see and am told.

Willie's new wooden patio extends onto the sidewalk. When all this "table and chairs" stuff went down last week, Tourismo (who seems to controls the issue) talked about having Willie take his patio apart so it doesn't extend onto the sidewalk. Nothing has been done and I really doubt it will. I doubt Willie was stupid enough to build something without the proper planning, but who knows for sure. We will know more tonight as a meeting is being held at Classico's at 8pm in regards to the tables, chairs and music volume.

As far as the weekend, El flow, Rumba, El Toro and D'Latin all shared about the same amount of patrons. Saturday night I was at Rumba at first but it is way too hot in there with everybody inside. I went across the street to El Toro, Presidente is 100 pesos, but the air flow was much better.

Hunter
09-03-2012, 03:46 PM
I liked the layout of D'Latin. They have some hot bartenders back there. I like the big rectangle bar setup.

I thought the airflow in D'Latin was not good though. Real hot in the bar area. Sitting on the rail is a good spot to see the chicas flow by :iconTU:

WickedWillie
09-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Willie's new wooden patio extends onto the sidewalk. When all this "table and chairs" stuff went down last week, Tourismo (who seems to controls the issue) talked about having Willie take his patio apart so it doesn't extend onto the sidewalk. Nothing has been done and I really doubt it will. I doubt Willie was stupid enough to build something without the proper planning, but who knows for sure. We will know more tonight as a meeting is being held at Classico's at 8pm in regards to the tables, chairs and music volume.

As far as the weekend, El flow, Rumba, El Toro and D'Latin all shared about the same amount of patrons. Saturday night I was at Rumba at first but it is way too hot in there with everybody inside. I went across the street to El Toro, Presidente is 100 pesos, but the air flow was much better.

HaHaHa really???? The outrageous wood deck will stay if enough was paid to the right pockets.:mad:

SSray - do bars have to pay extra for putting chairs and tables onto the sidewalk or is it included in your taxes/fees/propinas/bribes??????

ps can you put chopos and tigueres on motos on the meeting agenda por favor:wink:

sopranostingray
09-03-2012, 05:26 PM
SSray - do bars have to pay extra for putting chairs and tables onto the sidewalk or is it included in your taxes/fees/propinas/bribes??????
[/QUOTE]

Tourismo come around once in a while and tell me that one day they will tax us for the tables and chairs that we have on the sidewalk so I try to explain to them the meaning of logic. I explain that if I can sit an extra 10 people at those tables, I make extra money and pay more tax. If I take those tables away I will sit less people, make less money and pay less tax. So indirectly I am being tax and if they want to charge me extra tax I will take those table away and they will make less. They never understand what I mean and tell me that someday they will charge us tax. It's a merry-go-round every 6 months or so. :confused:

deezl
09-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Tourismo come around once in a while and tell me that one day they will tax us for the tables and chairs that we have on the sidewalk so I try to explain to them the meaning of logic. I explain that if I can sit an extra 10 people at those tables, I make extra money and pay more tax. If I take those tables away I will sit less people, make less money and pay less tax. So indirectly I am being tax and if they want to charge me extra tax I will take those table away and they will make less. They never understand what I mean and tell me that someday they will charge us tax. It's a merry-go-round every 6 months or so. :confused:

You tried to use logic?

You may as well have been speaking Urdu.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

MrHappy
09-03-2012, 07:20 PM

I may be mistaken, but I've seen that done just about every where I've gone here. Not just taxing the amount of tables and chairs, but also taxing signs.

The logic is a business with 20 tables should pay more tax than a business with 2-3 tables.

I'm surprised they aren't charging taxes for tables and signs already.

theheights718
10-08-2012, 03:26 PM
One of the chica sent this to me last night at about 10pm...looks packed in there. Could be for the holiday weekend...anyone down there to confirm is this how packed it can get?

hugrad95a
10-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Damn why don't they get those damn Moto dudes off the block. The fumes are crazy from the street.

snoozer
10-08-2012, 06:14 PM
One of the chica sent this to me last night at about 10pm...looks packed in there. Could be for the holiday weekend...anyone down there to confirm is this how packed it can get?

This was Friday night I believe. It was the first night when the whole thing was officially open. They were offering drink deals hence the reason it was packed.

One reason that it will do well is that the chicas can leave Rumba and duck straight in there, walk the length of the bar to WC then it is a couple of quick dashes across the street and they are in Classico...all part of the silly cat and mouse game they have to play with the Politur.

snoozer
10-09-2012, 06:59 PM
We stopped in there again last night for a drink with Maritza, the bar manager. Probably last time I will go there, the music was all hip-hop and deafeningly loud. Beer and Santo/Cuba Libres are 100 pesos and it appears they have dropped the ITBIS tax they were adding to all the drinks last week.

BTW every bar was busy last night except El Toro (never busy) and El Flow. It seems removing the sidewalk tables from El Flow has really affected their business, I won't be shedding any tears over that!!!

sopranostingray
10-09-2012, 07:04 PM
We stopped in there again last night for a drink with Maritza, the bar manager. Probably last time I will go there, the music was all hip-hop and deafeningly loud. Beer and Santo/Cuba Libres are 100 pesos and it appears they have dropped the ITBIS tax they were adding to all the drinks last week.

BTW every bar was busy last night except El Toro (never busy) and El Flow. It seems removing the sidewalk tables from El Flow has really affected their business, I won't be shedding any tears over that!!!

I paid 80 pesos for my Presidente.

snoozer
10-09-2012, 07:36 PM
I paid 80 pesos for my Presidente.

Thanks. Now I have another reason not to go there. We definetly paid 100 pesos, so much for being friends with the manager.:biggrin:

JD426
10-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Thanks. Now I have another reason not to go there. We definetly paid 100 pesos, so much for being friends with the manager.:biggrin:

U made a funny, and didnt even realize it ??

the 100 pesos is exactly WHY she considers you her "friend"...
LOL

and if you were to keep bringing more customers over there, like Roberto did with his favorite Fish Restaurant..
she will raise it to 120..
LOL

only in the DR, only in the DR.

jcrew2020
10-09-2012, 10:21 PM
That new bar wanted to charge me 100 pesos for a pequena. Went to Rumba and got a grande for 100 pesos.

luna369
11-11-2012, 01:33 AM
This was Friday night I believe. It was the first night when the whole thing was officially open. They were offering drink deals hence the reason it was packed.

One reason that it will do well is that the chicas can leave Rumba and duck straight in there, walk the length of the bar to WC then it is a couple of quick dashes across the street and they are in Classico...all part of the silly cat and mouse game they have to play with the Politur.

Can you or anyone PLEASE explain this to me???

What exactly can't they do and why?

SrSuerte
11-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Someone may come along and give a better more in detailed response....

The girls are not supposed to be unescorted. So the police will snatch them up. Some days it is enforced more than others. It is at an attempt to make it a controlled enviroment. Some regular families come there. Before this started it was more wide spead. The girls are still everywhere but it is just under a little more "control". To anyone that is going there first time it will still seem overwhelming.

deezl
11-11-2012, 12:45 PM

The girls are not supposed to be unescorted. So the police will snatch them up. Some days it is enforced more than others. It is at an attempt to make it a controlled enviroment. Some regular families come there. Before this started it was more wide spead. The girls are still everywhere but it is just under a little more "control". To anyone that is going there first time it will still seem overwhelming.

Politur probably randomly choose dates for "free blowjob night for politur!"... email flyers out to all the guys and then they all hit the calle for a quick catch & release party.

luna369
11-11-2012, 02:57 PM

Unescorted? Then how are they supposed to get there from home? :confused:

So they can't go from one bar to another? Can't cross the street when they see their friend?

Still not understanding completely

Tiger
11-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Dont worry.about it. Doesnt happen that often.

SrSuerte
08-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Bar D' Latin opens within three weeks? (http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3808&article=1)In early June, at the orders of the government, the popular bar D' Latin, in the main street Pedro Clisante was closed. The owner of the bar is Willy Olivences (El Chamo), who is also vice mayor of Sosúa. Willy recently claimed in interviews with tourists that the bar would open again within three weeks and will be restored to its former glory. According to Willy dozens of employees, including bar attendants, waiters, disc jockeys, porters, cleaners and kitchen staff are left penniless by this closure. Of the income of these workers entire families depend. But not only that, also supermarkets, fashion stores, hair salons, pharmacies, motorcycle taxis etc. depend on it and have seen their sales decline. But Willy promised to take (most) old employees back. They will soon be able to earn their daily bread by honest means.
http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/08/08-24_willy.jpg (http://www.sosuanews.com/news_pictures/2014/08/08-24_willy.jpg) D' LatinWilly has recently terminated his party membership of the PRD (Party of Mayor Ilana Neumann) and has returned to the ranks of his former party 'Partido Social Christian Reformist' (PRSC). He will run for mayor of Sosúa in 2015 on behalf of the PRSC.