PDA

View Full Version : Vivi Samba Bar (From Sosua News)

gmalet
03-07-2007, 07:08 AM
The Alegria bar, which is located diagonally opposite the Europa hotel in Sosúa's main street (Pedro Clisante), has been taken over by new management. Vicenzo Viola (originally Italian) is the new owner and, after months of renovations, the new bar was finally reopened last Saturday.
The Vivi Samba Bar is tastefully and luxuriously decorated, and you can tell that an Italian designer is responsible for the interior.

Vicenzo Viola
The ViVi Samba Bar
Saturday evening saw the official opening. The bar is located on two floors, and the upper floor is where the band played ballads and American music from the 1970s. Downstairs we spoke to Vicenzo, who was busy making Italian delicacies to serve to the guests later in the evening. The current sports programmes are shown on a big screen.
Sosúa thus has another bar to add to its varied social nightlife, and we'll look forward to seeing what activities Vicenzo has in store for his guests over the next few months.

Jimbo44
03-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanx, I hope by time the April invasion begins that this place will be happening. I took a little spinner out of there one night last Nov.

vagabond
03-07-2007, 09:48 AM
I think it's kind of strange that Sosua News didn't mentioned the prices there.
Was there with some friends at the opening night. Since it was boring there, we went after one beer, I'm happy about that, because they charged 130 pesos for a small Presidente.
I would be surprised if they last many days with those prices.

MisterPink
03-07-2007, 10:35 AM
These bars are pigs, and many will not survive charging these exorbitant prices, I believe the tax went up RD15 Pesos/pequeña, so to charge over 80 pesos is total SCUMBAGGERY!

mp

Hemp
03-07-2007, 01:35 PM
130 pesos for a small beer???

wow!!!

MisterPink
03-07-2007, 01:38 PM
"US$3.94 for a beer under a thatched hut inhaling moto fumes watching filthy putas"

PRICELESS

mp

Hemp
03-07-2007, 01:47 PM
at a certain point it aint even a point of being a cheapo...but a clear rip off is a clear rip off!!!

guttaman
03-07-2007, 05:04 PM
I think it's kind of strange that Sosua News didn't mentioned the prices there.
Was there with some friends at the opening night. Since it was boring there, we went after one beer, I'm happy about that, because they charged 130 pesos for a small Presidente.
I would be surprised if they last many days with those prices.

Thanks for the heads up. I usually stop in there when in town. I guess it would be wise to ask everywhere i go next week what the prices are before i order. Even with the new tax i would have still assumed a 12oz beer would be under 100 pesos.

vagabond
03-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Haven't heard about other places with those prices. It's still 100 pesos at the discos, and 70 to 80 at the bars.

vagabond
04-10-2007, 04:33 AM
They lowered their prices afterwards. Think it's 80 pesos for a beer now. But there's almost nothing happening there.

Beads
04-10-2007, 10:06 AM
There probably wont ever be much going on there. They dumped too much money into too large of a place. That area of town will only support small bars like Dominoe/4 Roses as you dont need that much space.

If they believe being more upscale and charging more for beer is going to make them succeed they might want to speak to the old owners of the Velvet Glove.

Plaza Allegre didnt last long and after viewing this place first hand (although it was opening night) I see it suffering the same fate.

On another note in March I visited this place on opening night. We were inside the place and were told they would be open in 1 hr to come back later. The bartenders were just sitting around and they had beer and a register so why not start making money off the 4 of us standing in front of you? The owner came over and said hello but told us they werent open yet to come back in an hour.......

We went to Lous and then Latinos and never did go back.

Some brilliant business management!