PDA

View Full Version : Well I picked up the grenade

pan head
08-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Hello I have started to plan for a sosua trip "picked up the grenade" I was planning to just drive to jfk and park long term 18 bucks a day that jetblue flight leaves at 6:50 am no other way to get there that early. I live outside PHL. I was thinking about 4 days 8/28 to 9/1 do you guys think I need to make a res. with rick at rockys or could I wing it and get a place when I get there my flight plans are never solid hope to get into POP but might have to settle for STI only know on the day I go so that is what I have to deal with next.
Thanks Panhead:smile:

Seville
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Hello I have started to plan for a sosua trip "picked up the grenade" I was planning to just drive to jfk and park long term 18 bucks a day that jetblue flight leaves at 6:50 am no other way to get there that early. I live outside PHL. I was thinking about 4 days 8/28 to 9/1 do you guys think I need to make a res. with rick at rockys or could I wing it and get a place when I get there my flight plans are never solid hope to get into POP but might have to settle for STI only know on the day I go so that is what I have to deal with next.

I wouldn't make a room reservation until you are sure of your dates. Canceling at the last minute isn't really fair to the hotel owner. There are plenty of rooms available.

pan head
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
That was just what I was thinking. My plans are not set until I have my ass in a seat on the Plane. I just wanted to get an Idea if just showing up and finding a good place is do able
Thanks
Panhead

el toro
08-17-2012, 03:26 PM
That was just what I was thinking. My plans are not set until I have my ass in a seat on the Plane. I just wanted to get an Idea if just showing up and finding a good place is do able
Thanks
Panhead

It's very doable. There are plenty of reasonably priced hotels within a short walk of Rocky's should Rick not be able to fit you in. In most cases he can fit you in somewhere though on short or no notice if that's the case.

deezl
08-17-2012, 03:36 PM
There are about a dozen hotels/condos on the same street as Rocky's - and it's only 3 blocks long. There are probably 40+ hotels/condos within walking distance of the strip.

You won't have any problem finding a place to stay.

pan head
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
OK I think it would be okay to wing it on a place to stay. I read what Rick did for a member who was jacked up I would allways try to throw my business to him. Rocky sounds like the Hub for isoc members. Now the next question for the first round out of the chamber is passions the place it sounds like a really big kiddie pool I don't want to drown on the first day.
Panhead

tarzan
08-17-2012, 09:47 PM
OK I think it would be okay to wing it on a place to stay. I read what Rick did for a member who was jacked up I would allways try to throw my business to him. Rocky sounds like the Hub for isoc members. Now the next question for the first round out of the chamber is passions the place it sounds like a really big kiddie pool I don't want to drown on the first day.
Panhead

Well, Jet blue from JFK to POP arrives before noon, so passions won't have too many girls there. If you're in a hurry, just pass by New Garden hotel, walk to the bar and order a drink, before you even get your drink I'm sure some chica will introduce herself. Another option is walk to the beach find a spot to have a drink and wait to see a chica that you like to walk by, smile and ask her to join you. If you can wait 'till about 6pm, passions will have talent working but by that time there will be plenty around town.

Happy hunting!:iconTU:

SrSuerte
08-18-2012, 03:35 AM

You are going to leave crying. Saying bye bye to DR on a Saturday. SHiiiiiiit.
But that is better than never going....:iconTU:

TNT72
08-18-2012, 08:14 AM
You are going to leave crying. Saying bye bye to DR on a Saturday. SHiiiiiiit.
But that is better than never going....:iconTU:

I always leave on Monday thru Friday. No way I could bring myself to leave on Saturday.

el toro
08-18-2012, 09:05 AM
I always leave on Monday thru Friday. No way I could bring myself to leave on Saturday.

I'm leaving on a Saturday on my next trip and have left on a Saturday at least three other times. To me everyday is Saturday, ever night is Saturday night in DR so when it comes time to leave everyday sucks equally.

pan head
08-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Well have to leave on Sat need to be in work Sun morning Trying to do first trip with min.Vac day burn So that is why Sat. El. when you left on Sat was the plane full did you take jetblue? I was planning on passions becuase it seems like a closed course like the first time you ride a motorcycle a sane man does it on a closed course parking lot ect. less things to hit I dont want to be the crazy man all twisted up on the first day because I jumped on and hit the throttle.
Thanks
Panhead

el toro
08-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Well have to leave on Sat need to be in work Sun morning Trying to do first trip with min.Vac day burn So that is why Sat. El. when you left on Sat was the plane full did you take jetblue? I was planning on passions becuase it seems like a closed course like the first time you ride a motorcycle a sane man does it on a closed course parking lot ect. less things to hit I dont want to be the crazy man all twisted up on the first day because I jumped on and hit the throttle.
Thanks
Panhead

I've always flown United on Saturday returns and the return is always full. JB flies to and from POP everyday so it may not be that full. Who knows?

You don't need to take a moto to/from Passions from Rocky's or that vacinity. It's about a 10min walk. With a chica though, you'll want to take a moto. Or were you talking about renting and driving your own moto? I wouldn't recommend that on your first trip. It's best to watch and observe how things work a little before driving anything there. I learned this the hard way with a rental care on my first trip.