PDA

View Full Version : La Costera

Seville
09-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Drove by La Costera last night and it was open! One of my favorite restaurants.

snoozer
09-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Drove by La Costera last night and it was open! One of my favorite restaurants.

Good news, now I know where I will go for breakfast on Saturday

Sidney
09-15-2012, 02:19 PM
I like it. But, after getting sick twice on the fish, I won't go back.

TNT72
09-15-2012, 02:50 PM

Soooooooooo...........

You've gotten sick twice from the fish at La Costera.

And you've gotten sick from fish soup, and seafood soup at PJ's.

Maybe it's just time for you to give up seafood?

Seņor JDR of Medellin
09-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Soooooooooo...........

You've gotten sick twice from the fish at La Costera.

And you've gotten sick from fish soup, and seafood soup at PJ's.

Maybe it's just time for you to give up seafood?

Can it actually be that simple?

JD426
09-15-2012, 03:35 PM
One of my favorite little restaurants..Breakfast and Dinner..
The only thing I dont have to guts to eat there, and I ordered it by accident, is the pork tartare with Onions, I think there was a lot of onion.
.. he has a breakfast plate which it, and I was not paying attention and , So when I got it at the table , he was all happy that I trusted him enough to order it, I felt really bad not eating it. Not sure what he thought, but he didnt say anything..
I just dont have the guts to eat Raw Pork,, Its just too risky... but from him, im sure its safe . He uses a really good butcher,and the guy knows his stuff. The meat is always super fresh there.

Sid,
I think you may be just allergic to seafood or something... No way does this guy serve bad fish..
Not gonna happen.. In fact I would say this restaurant is the one place you are LEAST likely to get sick from.. in the whole town.

Skynyrd
09-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Sid,
I think you may be just allergic to seafood or something... No way does this guy serve bad fish..
Not gonna happen.. In fact I would say this restaurant is the one place you are LEAST likely to get sick from.. in the whole town.

Maybe he ate some bad pussy the night before:rofl:

deezl
09-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Good news, now I know where I will go for breakfast on Saturday

if they have the same waitress working there you may wanna grab a table now and put in your order for next week.

that chica is slowwwwwwwwwww.

Seville
09-15-2012, 06:20 PM
if they have the same waitress working there you may wanna grab a table now and put in your order for next week.

that chica is slowwwwwwwwwww.

Had breakfast there this morning with chica. One egg, one bacon, one sausage, one pancake, meat plate, two large fresh rolls, small fruit cup, small bean cup, large juice and coffee....150 pesos. Chica took her meat plate and 3 rolls home; we couldn't eat it all.

Looking forward to the 3 steak dinner in the very near future.

snoozer
09-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Had fish many times there and never got sick. Maybe you are allergic to seafood???? ( just read the rest of the thread and I see that someone already suggested the same thing)

deezl
09-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Had fish many times there and never got sick. Maybe you are allergic to seafood???? ( just read the rest of the thread and I see that someone already suggested the same thing)

easy way to tell (generally): food poisoning takes a while (12-24hrs iirc) to percolate, allergic reactions are pretty immediate.

otoh, Sidney's been around the block a few times, I think he'd know by now if he had a fish allergy.

Sidney
09-16-2012, 10:52 AM
One of my favorite little restaurants..Breakfast and Dinner..
The only thing I dont have to guts to eat there, and I ordered it by accident, is the pork tartare with Onions, I think there was a lot of onion.
.. he has a breakfast plate which it, and I was not paying attention and , So when I got it at the table , he was all happy that I trusted him enough to order it, I felt really bad not eating it. Not sure what he thought, but he didnt say anything..
I just dont have the guts to eat Raw Pork,, Its just too risky... but from him, im sure its safe . He uses a really good butcher,and the guy knows his stuff. The meat is always super fresh there.

Sid,
No allergies. I could taste the spoil as I was eating, but risked it anyway, to my sorrow. :mad: Other than that, the other food was always good.:surprised: But as a general guideline, I am leery of restaurants without many customers.:mad:

TC
09-18-2012, 07:21 PM

That's too bad - I always enjoy their fish. Not to mention their chocolate mousse!

Sidney
09-18-2012, 09:21 PM
We tried again tonight. Mero, at best average. Pork Cordon Blue was overcooked = less than average. No comparison to Orchidee. For 3 people, 1120 pesos. No mas!