PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of ISOCWiki?

Don Tomas
03-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Let me know what you think...

Apos
03-10-2007, 12:26 AM
"i like it" is a little light for me...i LOVE it!

BCell
03-10-2007, 12:37 AM
very cool concept look forward to watching it develop and hope to add some useful info too

Gladiator
03-10-2007, 06:34 AM
A mongering wiki has the potential to become the most powerful research tool so far in our hobby.

If you get it right regarding its design, moderation and promotion, it will be a success.

Jimmydr
03-10-2007, 08:58 AM
It will take many many hours to fill it in and when its filled in, it will be second to no other site out there. I love it, the more I look at it.

Apos
03-10-2007, 12:15 PM
come on guys, 30 members have read this and only 9 votes:confused::confused::confused:

you have a voice here but only if you make yourself heard!

MegaSquirt
03-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Similar to Wikipedia, I like it!
Only time will make it better.
Mongerpedia? :wink: :wink:

kiddfrost
03-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Similar to Wikipedia, I like it!
Only time will make it better.

That's the same thing I was thinking... We are the encyclopedia for mongering... Now that's a step in the mongers direction

Corrado
03-10-2007, 03:59 PM
ISOCWiki

is

El Diablo Negro

:evilgrin::evilgrin:APPROVED:evilgrin::evilgrin:
:devil::devil::devil::devil:

Don Tomas
03-10-2007, 04:16 PM

Nice name but since the software that drives it is called MediaWiki, hence where Wikipedia (pedia fron encyclopedia) gets it's name I decided to go with ISOCWiki. Also in the internet world it is referred to as a Wiki for short.

PS. If you see something (a table or whatever) on Wikipedia let me know, I can add it in with no problems, hence the country table on the left with basic stats, optimized for Mongering listing HIV rates, minimum wages, and Exchange rate links.

BigDave
03-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Sorry, WTF is ISOCWiki? I may be stupid, drunk or both, but I have no clue?

Don Tomas
03-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Sorry, WTF is ISOCWiki? I may be stupid, drunk or both, but I have no clue?

Click on the link in the forum description or here: ISOCWiki (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/wiki/Main_Page)

kiddfrost
03-11-2007, 10:16 PM
So DT... How long before you have this set up and completly ready to go with all info.

Don Tomas
03-11-2007, 11:08 PM
So DT... How long before you have this set up and completly ready to go with all info.

I am working on it, today was family day so didn't get much done, just incorporating the information from the Kenya guide Gladiator found buried in our forums. It had a lot of good other city information.

BlueDevil
03-14-2007, 08:40 PM
It will take me some time to get comfortable with the navigation, editing, etc. Once the basics have been mastered, I can appreciate the value of wiki with cutting to the chase and retrieving the information I am looking for.

Great work...and I hope this worthwhile experiment takes off!

Don Tomas
03-14-2007, 09:04 PM
It will take me some time to get comfortable with the navigation, editing, etc. Once the basics have been mastered, I can appreciate the value of wiki with cutting to the chase and retrieving the information I am looking for.

Great work...and I hope this worthwhile experiment takes off!

I haven't polished the Main Page yet, and plan on having a Category link which is like an index, you will see Category(ies) at the bottom of each page, (e.g. Brazil is in Categories:Brazil, South America, Portguese-speaking countries, Countries, & Executive Monger Summaries)

I believe the index will help people navigate as well.

This is the default, rough Category page:
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/wiki/Special:Categories

Also you can look at the Help section, it is still rough since it is the default Help from the software but it is understandable.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/wiki/Help:Contents

PS. If you have any suggestions for the Main Page let me know.

the_Jayman
03-26-2008, 08:49 PM
CRAP ! ! !

I thought DT was back . . . somebody voted and that bumped the thread . . .

DONDE ESTA ME AMIGO TOMAS ? ? ? ?

FUCK YOU DT ! ! !

givengo440
04-26-2010, 07:40 AM
I've glanced at it a few times

MrHappy
04-26-2010, 07:47 AM
CRAP ! ! !

I thought DT was back . . . somebody voted and that bumped the thread . . .

DONDE ESTA ME AMIGO TOMAS ? ? ? ?

FUCK YOU DT ! ! !

Somebody did it again...