PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Operators In Sosua?

exoticspirit
10-02-2012, 03:35 PM
For those of you gents who have scuba dived in Sosua, which scuba operators do you recommend?

Dafishguy
10-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Only one, Northern Coast Diving. They are a full Padi shop and will make sure you have a safe, enjoyable dive. I went from uncertified to full open water scuba instructor with them 4 years ago and know they run a tight ship. No, I don't work there any longer but would go back there in a heartbeat if I didn't have other options to keep me busy.

Just my 2 cents.

Take care and enjoy,

Rick

captain69
10-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Hello ExoticSpirit,
Northern Coast Diving is the oldest and largest diving center on the island's beautiful north coast. We dive Sosua bay and Rio San Juan.
We operate 7 days a week for your diving pleasure. We can be found on the web or contacted by phone at 809-571-1028. We are a 3 minute
walk from Rocky's, one of the best establishments in Sosua. Lets get wet together!!

Mike
Owner
Northern Coast Diving

beconnreconn
12-23-2012, 04:45 PM
I dove with the guys at North Coast, they are a good group of guys. Run a professional shop, and were a class act while I was with them for 3 days.

exoticspirit
12-23-2012, 05:18 PM
I ended up diving with Scuba Dive Sosua - awesome service. The owner, Pablo, even arranged free transit for me from Blackbeard's to Sosua and got me a ride to the airport as well during my departure day. I hope he replaces the dive operator that Blackbeard's use to recommend since they refuse to pick up divers anymore.

Westy
01-24-2014, 08:04 PM
Dive Center Merlin, down in the parking area below Sosua Bay, is another good option. I dove with them in December 2013, and they're careful, competent, and well-prepared. They are also more "relaxed" (read, "conservative") about their dive schedule - no rush to get in two dives before lunch; they do a morning dive, return to the beach for a 2 hour surface-interval break (lunchtime), and then go back out for one dive in the afternoon.

The owner and most of the staff are from Germany; they speak German amongst themselves, which was a bit awkward for me at first, but everyone I dealt with is fluent in English. They are also thoroughly expert at diving, and they helped me shed 2 lbs of lead out of my weight-pockets. And they arranged transport for me, to/from Field Of Dreams, for my last day of diving with them.

I'm very likely to dive with them again in March.