PDA

View Full Version : Shlemmer Stude - German Restaurant on the strip.

DASBOOTY
10-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Chica and I went to this restaurant several times last week and the food was outstanding. Located directly across the street from the D'Latin Drink bar.

We had:

Sausage Schnitzel - came with vegetables and fries with ketchup and ranch sauce on side. I think it cost 250 pesos.

Pork Cordon Bleu - huge portion of breaded pork cutlet stuffed with cheese. Also served with vegetables and fries. I think it cost 350 pesos.

Spaghetti Bolognese - huge plate of spaghetti with savoury garlicky bolognese suace. 175 pesos.

swiggy
10-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Prices are good, food is good but my stomach is never good by the next morning. I think it is the oil he uses to cook. Germania down by Cuba Libre blows it away IMO if you like German food. I have grown up on German food and while both are authentic, Germania is much better and stays down better for me.

questner
10-31-2012, 12:14 AM
This is my # 1 stop after a Dominican lunch place near an ice cream parlor.

partypoooper
10-31-2012, 03:11 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
This is my # 1 stop after a Dominican lunch place near an ice cream parlor.

Questner you are funny... I like Dominican Lunch Places...and Ice Cream....hmmmmmmmmmmm.

The Stube...has great soups, the goulash...chicken is ok (prefer Britania however)...a few times they have a bean soup (lentil) that is very good.

I stay away from the ground beef hockey puck that sits on the counter... but I have never met anyone that has been sick eating one.

The Germania....DOG AT THE GATE...doesn't let me in so I have always passed.

MrHappy
10-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Prices are good, food is good but my stomach is never good by the next morning. I think it is the oil he uses to cook. Germania down by Cuba Libre blows it away IMO if you like German food. I have grown up on German food and while both are authentic, Germania is much better and stays down better for me.

Carry some TUMS; a couple of those after eating always does the trick for me.

The Romanoff over by the Mayors office puts out some excellent German food as well. Huge servings.

BrooklynBeas
10-31-2012, 11:09 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Questner you are funny... I like Dominican Lunch Places...and Ice Cream....hmmmmmmmmmmm.

The Stube...has great soups, the goulash...chicken is ok (prefer Britania however)...a few times they have a bean soup (lentil) that is very good.

I stay away from the ground beef hockey puck that sits on the counter... but I have never met anyone that has been sick eating one.

The Germania....DOG AT THE GATE...doesn't let me in so I have always passed.

Those "hockey pucks" are very tasty and a cheap snack... It is basically a fried hamburger with some onions inside... I had it a few times last trip, but try to get it early afternoon when they come out fresh...

Also had their homemade chicken soup and was one of the best I ever had, anywhere!

I think the burger was 60 pesos (taxes included),and soup was 150...

jose1234
10-31-2012, 11:23 AM
I have eaten at the Stude place and never got sick or felt bad the next morning. I typically order the snitzel and ask for either onion or mushroom sauce on top. Vegetables, fries or potatos comes with it and I order the garlic mashed potatos usually. I end up smelling like a mix of onions, garlic and stale beer...to go along with my fanciful grey hair, big belly and assorted bread crumbs hanging from my mustache... I'm still irresistible...

adios
10-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Spaghetti Bolognese - huge plate of spaghetti with savoury garlicky bolognese suace. 175 pesos.
One of the most popular German dishes...... SCNR :rofl:

SeaWeed
10-31-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm still irresistible...
oh lawd.......you've been hanging out with vpchill.......

partypoooper
10-31-2012, 10:32 PM
For those interested....type in "Schlemmerstube Sosua" in YouTube....I would upload the video but my internet sucks....Watch some familiar faces...the daytime street scene, and life before Willy El Chimo's D'Latino bar.